ADVERTISEMENT

Have we talked about Kirk Herbstreit today on Gameday?

4dyi65.gif

smh

Seriously

Just a pro tip. Most every time I have ever been pulled, quite a few in my youth, I roll down the window and put both hands out for the officer to see. Most cops appreciate that.
Yeah, but you didn’t get shot to death because you’re white, obviously.

Well I watched golf, horse racing and two football games and had to.listen to all the woke folk talk to me about blm. Well I would just like to enjoy sports without the lecture.
I’d like to have a show on BLM where they lecture on sports. See how that works out.

What the fvck was that... Nike hoodie hands at 10 and 2?

You know what I do when a cop stops me, I get out and aggressively argue with him or her because of my white privilege .......

F$ck no I don’t. I place my hands to 10 and 2 and say yes ma’am yes sir or no ma’am no sir, because that is the best way to handle the situation. Stop with this narrative. It is wrong and it is only fuel more division between black people and law enforcement officers

Last edited:
Didn’t see Kirk today but in the brief bit I watched of SMU and Texas Tech, I realized I do not need Jesse Palmer lecturing me on race issues and such. Dang those folks. I’m out.

Get used to it my friend. Just about every channel I turn to on the TV I hear about how much of a lowlife white privileged racist that I am, my ancestry, and my country. I guess it is much like the Fascist Nazi propaganda, where it was said, if you tell them often enough they will believe anything.

I am now going back to my family tree on ancestry.com to do some more research on my white privileged racist ancestors. At least my DNA test said that I have 0 % Native American, so they cannot say that my family took advantage of Indian women!!!

:eek:

Kirby should be sent a concentration camp, , for that dishonest, pathetic display. If these guys would be told Barry Obama and Lebrun/ Lechina to obey police, then very few issues would occur. Instead they rather politicize it, to get black people to vote in an election year. If some of their own people have to die, then so be it.

Reactions: TigerJR
Yeah. It was talked about in a thread about "GameDay" that got so jacked up with the typical political horseshit that it got moved to the Round Table.

Some folks here can't help themselves, apparently.
I’m still pissed my thread got moved. I just wanted to talk about football.

Injustice is horrible.
Racism is sin.
Is there anyone who disagrees with that?

Can we please watch football without assigning motives to one part of the audience or another? Spot. The. Ball.
I guess I just don’t get then how talking about racism is political? If both sides agree it is bad, then how does it belong to strictly the left?

I guess that’s what I don’t get. Talking about the BLM movement or racism isn’t woke or the liberal media to me. For what its worth I politically lean right.

Blame the libs. They’re the new Brown Shirts using the same tactics as in 1930s Germany.
Really? Because it was all the conservatives on here that couldn’t help themselves. I don’t give a shit what they were talking about on tv. We don’t have to talk about politics here. We can talk about the football takes.

Also your thread isn’t in the round table. Not sure where you got that.

I don't post on this site, but I have to tell you that if I'm a coach recruiting a player against Clemson, the first thing I do is show this thread to a potential recruit and tell him these are the kind of fans you'll be playing for. What a bunch of disgusting, arrogant, ignorant, racist comments. Herbstreit is not the guy with the problem; its you guys.

You know what I do when a cop stops me, I get out and aggressively argue with him or her because of my white privilege .......

F$ck no I don’t. I place my hands to 10 and 2 and say yes ma’am yes sir or no ma’am no sir, because that is the best way to handle the situation. Stop with this narrative. It is wrong and it is only fuel more division between black people and law enforcement officers

This

Reactions: tigerdmd05
I guess I just don’t get then how talking about racism is political? If both sides agree it is bad, then how does it belong to strictly the left?

I guess that’s what I don’t get. Talking about the BLM movement or racism isn’t woke or the liberal media to me. For what its worth I politically lean right.

I won't generalize for everyone but I think for me, it's the constant presence of the message in all aspects of life. Media, TV, internet, etc.......at some point, you become unreceptive to the message just because of the frequency in which you come across it. It's like listening to the radio and hearing the same song every 8 songs.......eventually you change the station when that song comes on.

As for the political aspect, I would argue it's being used as one hence why it's political. It's being used as one of the larger ticket focal points for the dem party campaign and my gut says just like last election, once it's over you won't hear about it anymore.

I also don't believe the BLM org is actually a movement for black people or people of color, it's a political trojan horse. I'm seeing more and more black people distance themselves from it in the media.

I don't post on this site, but I have to tell you that if I'm a coach recruiting a player against Clemson, the first thing I do is show this thread to a potential recruit and tell him these are the kind of fans you'll be playing for. What a bunch of disgusting, arrogant, ignorant, racist comments. Herbstreit is not the guy with the problem; its you guys.

Please point out the racist comments.

I won't generalize for everyone but I think for me, it's the constant presence of the message in all aspects of life. Media, TV, internet, etc.......at some point, you become unreceptive to the message just because of the frequency in which you come across it. It's like listening to the radio and hearing the same song every 8 songs.......eventually you change the station when that song comes on.

As for the political aspect, I would argue it's being used as one hence why it's political. It's being used as one of the larger ticket focal points for the dem party campaign and my gut says just like last election, once it's over you won't hear about it anymore.

I also don't believe the BLM org is actually a movement for black people or people of color, it's a political trojan horse. I'm seeing more and more black people distance themselves from it in the media.
To your first paragraph, I get that. I don’t agree that it should trigger so many people, but I can at least understand where you’re coming from.

To your second paragraph, would you back the right if they promoted child molestation? I don’t get why, even if the left is “using” it, that you’d be so outraged to hear about.

To the third, BLM the org doesn’t have to discredit the movement. The core or base of the movement, leaving the org out of it, is to get rid of systematic racism which is a thing. I don’t think anyone is against that.

To your first paragraph, I get that. I don’t agree that it should trigger so many people, but I can at least understand where you’re coming from.

To your second paragraph, would you back the right if they promoted child molestation? I don’t get why, even if the left is “using” it, that you’d be so outraged to hear about.

To the third, BLM the org doesn’t have to discredit the movement. The core or base of the movement, leaving the org out of it, is to get rid of systematic racism which is a thing. I don’t think anyone is against that.

What specific items are viewed as systemically racist?

Reactions: Elul77
What specific items are viewed as systemically racist?
Well the fact that every black person ive talked to has had an incident/story where they’ve been mistreated by police would be a start. All of these people are upper middle class like most of this board too.

The people I’ve talked to are in the Dallas area and in Greenville, SC so it isn’t even location based.

I’ve also been in the car where my teammate was driving in highschool and I was cuffed in my mostly white suburb because he was speeding. I told them my name, his name, and where we were going (practice) before they let us go. Thankfully the basketball team is small they recognized both our names. Never had that happen when a white friend was pulled over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Orange 77
Well the fact that every black person ive talked to has had an incident/story where they’ve been mistreated by police would be a start. All of these people are upper middle class like most of this board too.

Ok. Doesn’t really give me enough info on specifics that show “the system” is set up against a specific race.

How about this for systemic racism. I finished Top 30 in my class. My good friend/teammate finished in the top 150. We both went to the guidance counselor together to talk about college/scholarship opportunities. One of us walked back with a couple of scholarship options and the other walked back with a folder full.

Ok. Doesn’t really give me enough info on specifics that show “the system” is set up against a specific race.

How about this for systemic racism. I finished Top 30 in my class. My good friend/teammate finished in the top 150. We both went to the guidance counselor together to talk about college/scholarship opportunities. One of us walked back with a couple of scholarship options and the other walked back with a folder full.
Ok I’m not sure there’s a “system” but I’m not sure what you call being mistreated by the police.

Reactions: CU1TruTiger4Life
Maybe someone should show him the fact that more unarmed white people are actually killed by police officers than black. Maybe he would stop fake crying.

BLM- Yep!
BLM Movement- Nope!
Racism- Yep!
Widespread racism- Nope!
This issue has been blown way out of proportion by the media and liberals. It is an election year tool just like the election infection. The vast majority (I believe 95+%) of Americans are not racist.
Please explain how bringing up racial injustice would help the left? Like you said, the number of racist Americans is very low.

If we all agree racism is bad, I don’t get how it’s used against conservatives.

Maybe someone should show him the fact that more unarmed white people are actually killed by police officers than black. Maybe he would stop fake crying.
That’s where I’m stuck. Twice as many unarmed whites at that. But you will never see them bring up stats & I mean NEVER. Could still be something to the stereotype complaints but it can’t possibly be so bad that they pump this mess through every media outlet (including sports now) non stop around the clock now. Pretty disgusting

Apologies, I didn't mean that I would or wouldn't back it. Just meant that it was being used as a political lever to pull votes one way or another. Also, I'm not outraged.......I just don't believe some of the people that make these "heartfelt" public statements, like Herbie. You have to question the timing vs the outright support against racism. Why not 5 years ago? Why not every year? Truth be told, more black men were killed by police in years prior so why are we up in arms this year? Election year maybe?

On BLM, I agree with the underlying purpose. The BLM org supports something that I don't though........marxism so I personally don't support the org itself. Standing against racism, I absolutely do support but the mention of systematic is where I'm struggling as I just don't see it, at least not in big corps or business. Racism will exist until the end of time, in fact it's much more prevalent in Asia, the middle east and even Africa but people will always carry their own views and feelings against another that looks or thinks differently. I think that's a reality regardless of change movements.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
That’s where I’m stuck. Twice as many unarmed whites at that. But you will never see them bring up stats & I mean NEVER. Could still be something to the stereotype complaints but it can’t possibly be so bad that they pump this mess through every media outlet (including sports now) non stop around the clock now. Pretty disgusting
Considering there are about 7x the amount of whites people than black people.... yeah that’s a problem.

Reactions: Union County Tiger
Please explain how bringing up racial injustice would help the left? Like you said, the number of racist Americans is very low.

If we all agree racism is bad, I don’t get how it’s used against conservatives.

It's used in campaigns to pull black votes mainly but also white conservative votes that might be leaning towards the middle. The Dems continue to say "if you vote for me, this all stops" but why wait to be elected to fix it? These are career politicians that have held positions in office for up to 40 years. This is why I despite politics......it's all lies to win a campaign and that's both the right and left.

Apologies, I didn't mean that I would or wouldn't back it. Just meant that it was being used as a political lever to pull votes one way or another. Also, I'm not outraged.......I just don't believe some of the people that make these "heartfelt" public statements, like Herbie. You have to question the timing vs the outright support against racism. Why not 5 years ago? Why not every year? Truth be told, more black men were killed by police in years prior so why are we up in arms this year? Election year maybe?

On BLM, I agree with the underlying purpose. The BLM org supports something that I don't though........marxism so I personally don't support the org itself. Standing against racism, I absolutely do support but the mention of systematic is where I'm struggling as I just don't see it, at least not in big corps or business. Racism will exist until the end of time, in fact it's much more prevalent in Asia, the middle east and even Africa but people will always carry their own views and feelings against another that looks or thinks differently. I think that's a reality regardless of change movements.
The fact you’re trying to make it seem like the left is saying the right hates blacks is disgusting. That isn’t happening at all.

Yeah, but you didn’t get shot to death because you’re white, obviously.

I haven’t been watching the news lately, so I may have missed it, but has anyone been shot by the police who didn’t have some mix of resisting arrest, deadly weapon, take officers weapon, high on drugs/alcohol, etc? Anyone shot just because they’re a black dude in a hoodie? That would be absolutely awful. Apologies if I missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT