ADVERTISEMENT

Healthy young people are dying suddenly and unexpectedly from a mysterious syndrome - as doctors seek answers through a new national register

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Whats causing this? I have my opinion of course but interesting to see what others think.

• People aged under the age of 40 being urged to go and get their hearts checked
  • May potentially be at risk of having Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS)
  • SADS is an 'umbrella term to describe unexpected deaths in young people'
  • A 31-year-old woman who died in her sleep last year may have had SADs
By TOM HEATON FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 02:05 EDT, 8 June 2022 | UPDATED: 02:32 EDT, 8 June 2022

People aged under 40 are being urged to have their hearts checked because they may potentially be at risk of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome.
The syndrome, known as SADS, has been fatal for all kinds of people regardless of whether they maintain a fit and healthy lifestyle.
SADS is an 'umbrella term to describe unexpected deaths in young people', said The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, most commonly occurring in people under 40 years of age.
People aged under 40 are being urged to have their hearts checked, because they may potentially be at risk of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS) (pictured, woman experiencing chest pain while running)

People aged under 40 are being urged to have their hearts checked, because they may potentially be at risk of Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS) (pictured, woman experiencing chest pain while running)
The term is used when a post-mortem cannot find an obvious cause of death.
The US-based SADS Foundation has said that over half of the 4,000 annual SADS deaths of children, teens or young adults have one of the top two warning signs present.
Those signs include a family history of a SADS diagnosis or sudden unexplained death of a family member, and fainting or seizure during exercise, or when excited or startled, reported news.com.au.
Last year a 31-year-old woman, Catherine Keane, died in her sleep while living with two friends in Dublin.
Catherine Keane (pictured right with her mother Margherita), 31, was found to have died in her sleep while living with two friends in Dublin last year

Catherine Keane (pictured right with her mother Margherita), 31, was found to have died in her sleep while living with two friends in Dublin last year
Her mother Margherita Cummins told the Irish Mirror, 'They were all working from home so no one really paid attention when Catherine didn't come down for breakfast.'
'They sent her a text at 11.20am and when she didn't reply, they checked her room and found she had passed.
'Her friend heard a noise in her room at 3.56am and believes now that is when she died.'
Ms Cummins stated that her daughter 'went to the gym and walked 10,000 steps every day'.
'I take some comfort in that she went in her sleep and knew no pain and I'm grateful for that. I always worried about the kids driving in the car but never saw this coming. I never thought I'd ever lose a child in my life,'
Spokesperson for Melbourne's Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute said: 'there are approximately 750 cases per year of people aged under 50 in Victoria suddenly having their heart stop (cardiac arrest)' (pictured, woman suffering from chest pain)

Spokesperson for Melbourne's Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute said: 'there are approximately 750 cases per year of people aged under 50 in Victoria suddenly having their heart stop (cardiac arrest)' (pictured, woman suffering from chest pain)
Melbourne's Baker Heart and Diabetes Institute is developing the country's first SADS registry.
'There are approximately 750 cases per year of people aged under 50 in Victoria suddenly having their heart stop (cardiac arrest),' a spokesperson said.
'Of these, approximately 100 young people per year will have no cause found even after extensive investigations such as a full autopsy (SADS phenomenon).'
Cardiologist and researcher Dr Elizabeth Paratz said: 'Baker's registry was the first in the country and one of only a few in the world that combined ambulance, hospital and forensics information.'
'(It allows you to see) people have had the cardiac arrest and no cause was found on the back end,' Dr Paratz said.
She believes the potential lack of awareness may be due to the fact 'a lot of it takes place outside of traditional medical settings'.
Cardiologist and researcher Dr Elizabeth Paratz (pictured) said from a public health perspective, combating SADS was 'not as easy as everyone in Australia getting genetically screened' as scientists were still not 100 per cent clear on 'what genes cause this'

Cardiologist and researcher Dr Elizabeth Paratz (pictured) said from a public health perspective, combating SADS was 'not as easy as everyone in Australia getting genetically screened' as scientists were still not 100 per cent clear on 'what genes cause this'
'The majority of these SADS events, 90 per cent, occur outside the hospital – the person doesn't make it – so it's actually ambulance staff and forensics caring for the bulk of these patients,' Dr Paratz said.
'I think even doctors underestimate it. We only see the 10 per cent who survive and make it to hospital. We only see the tip of the iceberg ourselves.'
For family and friends of victims, SADS is a 'very hard entity to grasp' because it's a 'diagnosis of nothing', Dr Paratz added.

Dr Paratz said that from a public health perspective, combating SADS was 'not as easy as everyone in Australia getting genetically screened' as scientists were still not 100 per cent clear on 'what genes cause this'.
'The best advice would be, if you yourself have had a first-degree relative – a parent, sibling, child – who's had an unexplained death, it's extremely recommended you see a cardiologist,' she said.
Read more:

its OK to use these deaths for political jockeying, but when a classroom full of students is gunned down it's too soon. remind me again which party jesus supports?

Reactions: flotiger

Nothing to see here. Make sure to get your 5th booster for the most dangerous variant yet that will arrive late October / early November. ;)

Nothing to see here. Make sure to get your 5th booster for the most dangerous variant yet that will arrive late October / early November. ;)
Oh look who's also a member of the Confederacy of Dunces! You people are so easily fooled, it's frightening.

"It’s important to know that mRNA doesn’t affect your genes in any way because it never enters the nucleus of cells, where your DNA is kept. After the mRNA does its job, it breaks down and is flushed out of your system within hours. It’s also important to know that although mRNA technology for vaccines is new, the mRNA technology itself isn’t. Therapies using mRNA have been around for years and are currently being used to treat cancer and viral diseases."

Reactions: ctcseb
Oh look who's also a member of the Confederacy of Dunces! You people are so easily fooled, it's frightening.

"It’s important to know that mRNA doesn’t affect your genes in any way because it never enters the nucleus of cells, where your DNA is kept. After the mRNA does its job, it breaks down and is flushed out of your system within hours. It’s also important to know that although mRNA technology for vaccines is new, the mRNA technology itself isn’t. Therapies using mRNA have been around for years and are currently being used to treat cancer and viral diseases."

Covid = the flu.

Make sure to wear 2 masks!

Masks do nothing, you look like a bunch of idiots walking around with a stupid mask on. Might as well wear a sign on your face that says "im a stupid lib"

Oh yeah, and the vaccine works so well that we need to change the definition of vaccine.

Vaccine doesn't do shit.

Reactions: Pee Wee
Covid = the flu.

Make sure to wear 2 masks!

Masks do nothing, you look like a bunch of idiots walking around with a stupid mask on. Might as well wear a sign on your face that says "im a stupid lib"
I'm guessing you think this response makes sense in your mind? At least you didn't mention trannies this time...

A peer reviewed Stanford study found the mRNA in lymph nodes of patients 60 days after being administered the vaccine.

Reactions: Mr.Fitzwell
started in early 2021…scientists believe climate change, being unhealthy, being too healthy, depression, happiness, sex, lack of sex, reading, sleep, lack of sleep, constipation, diarrhea, osteoporosis, turtles, or daylight savings time are the likely culprits. The mystery remains under investigation

Thank you. Also, here is the non pdf version:

Link
Thanks for the link. I don't know man, every doctor I've seen discuss it and everything I've read beside this says the mrna is broken down quickly, including this article from the CDC. However, it does say the spike protein could stay in the body for a few weeks, but that would be innocuous.

The mRNA and the spike protein do not last long in the body.
  • Our cells break down mRNA from these vaccines and get rid of it within a few days after vaccination.
  • Scientists estimate that the spike protein, like other proteins our bodies create, may stay in the body up to a few weeks.

Thank you. Also, here is the non pdf version:

Link
How in the world do we get that : A peer reviewed Stanford study found the mRNA in lymph nodes of patients 60 days after being administered the vaccine.

From this:

During the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, novel and traditional vaccine strategies have been deployed globally. We investigated whether antibodies stimulated by mRNA vaccination (BNT162b2), including third-dose boosting, differ from those generated by infection or adenoviral (ChAdOx1-S and Gam-COVID-Vac) or inactivated viral (BBIBP-CorV) vaccines. We analyzed human lymph nodes after infection or mRNA vaccination for correlates of serological differences. Antibody breadth against viral variants is lower after infection compared with all vaccines evaluated but improves over several months. Viral variant infection elicits variant-specific antibodies, but prior mRNA vaccination imprints serological responses toward Wuhan-Hu-1 rather than variant antigens. In contrast to disrupted germinal centers (GCs) in lymph nodes during infection, mRNA vaccination stimulates robust GCs containing vaccine mRNA and spike antigen up to 8 weeks postvaccination in some cases. SARS-CoV-2 antibody specificity, breadth, and maturation are affected by imprinting from exposure history and distinct histological and antigenic contexts in infection compared with vaccination.

Last edited:
Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
Thanks for the link. I don't know man, every doctor I've seen discuss it and everything I've read beside this says the mrna is broken down quickly, including this article from the CDC. However, it does say the spike protein could stay in the body for a few weeks, but that would be innocuous.

The mRNA and the spike protein do not last long in the body.
  • Our cells break down mRNA from these vaccines and get rid of it within a few days after vaccination.
  • Scientists estimate that the spike protein, like other proteins our bodies create, may stay in the body up to a few weeks.
Thanks, but these are not studies, just information pages from a government website. I'm sure the vaccine has helped many unhealthy people have lessened symptoms upon infection of the virus, but do we really know what the effects will be say 5-10 years down the road?

Reactions: Chetsu
How in the world do we get that : A peer reviewed Stanford study found the mRNA in lymph nodes of patients 60 days after being administered the vaccine.

From this:

During the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic, novel and traditional vaccine strategies have been deployed globally. We investigated whether antibodies stimulated by mRNA vaccination (BNT162b2), including third-dose boosting, differ from those generated by infection or adenoviral (ChAdOx1-S and Gam-COVID-Vac) or inactivated viral (BBIBP-CorV) vaccines. We analyzed human lymph nodes after infection or mRNA vaccination for correlates of serological differences. Antibody breadth against viral variants is lower after infection compared with all vaccines evaluated but improves over several months. Viral variant infection elicits variant-specific antibodies, but prior mRNA vaccination imprints serological responses toward Wuhan-Hu-1 rather than variant antigens. In contrast to disrupted germinal centers (GCs) in lymph nodes during infection, mRNA vaccination stimulates robust GCs containing vaccine mRNA and spike antigen up to 8 weeks postvaccination in some cases. SARS-CoV-2 antibody specificity, breadth, and maturation are affected by imprinting from exposure history and distinct histological and antigenic contexts in infection compared with vaccination.

Thanks, but these are not studies, just information pages from a government website. I'm sure the vaccine has helped many unhealthy people have lessened symptoms upon infection of the virus, but do we really know what the effects will be say 5-10 years down the road?
Why would there be any effects down the road if it's gone from your body? The only after-effect would be that your immune system will recognize the virus, but that will eventually wane as well. I will trust the scientists and the medical community that it doesn't cause harm.

Why would there be any effects down the road if it's gone from your body? The only after-effect would be that your immune system will recognize the virus, but that will eventually wane as well. I will trust the scientists and the medical community that it doesn't cause harm.
I hope that you are right brother. I do not wish harm on anyone, but there is an absolute uptick in deaths in the younger demographic and the question is what is causing it?

I hope that you are right brother. I do not wish harm on anyone, but there is an absolute uptick in deaths in the younger demographic and the question is what is causing it?
Prove your claim using a reputable source - preferably a scientific journal.

Well considering I lost my 29 year old unvaccinated cousin to COVID who has similar health circumstances as myself, I'll take this bad cold and the shot
IDK how I can prove this exactly, my argument is that I'm glad I got it and would definitely think I would feel way worse without it given what my uncle and one of my friends went through in March 2020

Reactions: yoshi121374
Remember that time when the media pushed Russian collusion and the whole world ate it up? Remember that time the Nobel winning Fauci said that you need a mask, and then two mask, and that you needed to stay in your house.?
Remember that time the media said that the coronavirus had an 8% lethality rate?

I could go on and on. Your post is stupid

Remember that time when the media pushed Russian collusion and the whole world ate it up? Remember that time the Nobel winning Fauci said that you need a mask, and then two mask, and that you needed to stay in your house.?
Remember that time the media said that the coronavirus had an 8% lethality rate?

I could go on and on. Your post is stupid
What a knuckleball. Back to the dugout!

Reactions: flotiger
Prove your claim using a reputable source - preferably a scientific journal.

check out insurance companies earnings reports. excess deaths in younger demographics up 40 to as much as 60+%. this is global and it has been acknowledged in company earnings calls as well as raw data in 10k's if you want to see it.

money is why this will eventually become an issue. insurance companies are tiptoe'ing around the suspected culprit for the time being, preferring to let it all fall under covid. its undeniable though that excess deaths increased in 2021, and more significantly, the major shift in the demographics to younger people. this shift only appearing after the vaccine became available is highly curious at worst. i can personally tell you insurance companies do have actuaries poring over data. i would expect in the future, covid vax status and number of doses will be part of life insurance etc - in other words thats where people will pay for their vaccines. the more you got the more you pay.

below is from am best, credit rating agency that specializes in insurance cos.

IDK how I can prove this exactly, my argument is that I'm glad I got it and would definitely think I would feel way worse without it given what my uncle and one of my friends went through in March 2020

I can’t follow your logic. March 2020 was multiple variants and 2+ years ago, almost a completely different illness. So drawing comparisons to that experience is very flawed.

I also can’t follow your clear belief that you are very sick from this mild variant, but would feel much worse without the vaccine. That doesn’t make much sense.

I’m 38 (so a good bit older) and had COVID about 6 months ago. It was no big deal. I was 90% after 36 hours. My then 5 year old was better in 24 hours. I may have had it when I got back from Europe a couple of weeks ago (most people I was with got it). Symptoms were so mild I didn’t bother testing or doing anything about it. The only person I know who actually got really sick was triple vaxxed.

So just looking at the two of us - one 13 years younger and triple vaxxed and very sick, one 13 years older and very mild symptoms - one triple vaxxed and one not. Everyone’s different, but I haven’t seen any real indication that the vaccine is helping people in either of our categories.

The hullabaloo around the vaccine is wild to me. If you’re high risk or elderly, sure, get it to mitigate some risk. But it’s pointless for most of us.

I can’t follow your logic. March 2020 was multiple variants and 2+ years ago, almost a completely different illness. So drawing comparisons to that experience is very flawed.

I also can’t follow your clear belief that you are very sick from this mild variant, but would feel much worse without the vaccine. That doesn’t make much sense.

I’m 38 (so a good bit older) and had COVID about 6 months ago. It was no big deal. I was 90% after 36 hours. My then 5 year old was better in 24 hours. I may have had it when I got back from Europe a couple of weeks ago (most people I was with got it). Symptoms were so mild I didn’t bother testing or doing anything about it. The only person I know who actually got really sick was triple vaxxed.

So just looking at the two of us - one 13 years younger and triple vaxxed and very sick, one 13 years older and very mild symptoms - one triple vaxxed and one not. Everyone’s different, but I haven’t seen any real indication that the vaccine is helping people in either of our categories.

The hullabaloo around the vaccine is wild to me. If you’re high risk or elderly, sure, get it to mitigate some risk. But it’s pointless for most of us.
Well I think you’re actually thinking along the same line as I am. I actually don’t have any way to prove that the vaccine has helped. Now that I have gotten it I am glad that I did get the vaccine, even if it is this milder variant.

I wouldn’t say I’m very sick, it’s nothing more than a lingering bad cold. In fact I never had a fever over 99.

I just know my uncle was bedridden for 17 days with 104 fever when he got it in 2020, obviously he’s almost 60 and that was the original variant. But between nearly losing him and then my cousin who did die from the virus, that was why I got the shot

Well I think you’re actually thinking along the same line as I am. I actually don’t have any way to prove that the vaccine has helped. Now that I have gotten it I am glad that I did get the vaccine, even if it is this milder variant.

I wouldn’t say I’m very sick, it’s nothing more than a lingering bad cold. In fact I never had a fever over 99.

I just know my uncle was bedridden for 17 days with 104 fever when he got it in 2020, obviously he’s almost 60 and that was the original variant. But between nearly losing him and then my cousin who did die from the virus, that was why I got the shot

I think that the understanding that OG COVID is almost nothing like the current variant would help everyone move in from this thing.

OG COVID was fairly serious, could have major complications and also overburdened the healthcare system.

Modern COVID is a cold/flu and should be treated as such. No masks, minimal testing, no vaccine requirements.

I think that the understanding that OG COVID is almost nothing like the current variant would help everyone move in from this thing.

OG COVID was fairly serious, could have major complications and also overburdened the healthcare system.

Modern COVID is a cold/flu and should be treated as such. No masks, minimal testing, no vaccine requirements.
There are still 500 deaths a day from COVID so it still makes sense to get vaccinated. He did the right thing and as he explained, his cousin died from it and they have similar health issues. Most of the people dying are unvaxxed so not sure why you would try to dismiss the need for vaccinations. They should be encouraged, regardless of anyone's anecdotal evidence.

check out insurance companies earnings reports. excess deaths in younger demographics up 40 to as much as 60+%. this is global and it has been acknowledged in company earnings calls as well as raw data in 10k's if you want to see it.

money is why this will eventually become an issue. insurance companies are tiptoe'ing around the suspected culprit for the time being, preferring to let it all fall under covid. its undeniable though that excess deaths increased in 2021, and more significantly, the major shift in the demographics to younger people. this shift only appearing after the vaccine became available is highly curious at worst. i can personally tell you insurance companies do have actuaries poring over data. i would expect in the future, covid vax status and number of doses will be part of life insurance etc - in other words thats where people will pay for their vaccines. the more you got the more you pay.

below is from am best, credit rating agency that specializes in insurance cos.
The obvious answer for the increase in mortality is related to COVID itself, even the article you attached says so. The deaths coincidentally spiked with the onset of the Delta and Omicron variants. There is no evidence that these deaths are related to the vaccine.

"Bischof said looking at the data, there is a very real possibility of COVID-19 deaths being underreported. The results aren't reflected as much in insured data, but in uninsured numbers, OneAmerica is still seeing a notable amount of excess. “Maybe people don't do a COVID test,” he said. “Maybe it's a comorbidity that they just don't test for. Or maybe it's someone who had COVID and then recovered, and then they died within the next year.”

We continue to believe that the majority of these excess deaths are related directly or indirectly to COVID-19,” Porter said on a recent conference call. “One of the things that makes us believe that these really are direct or indirect COVID is the causes of death tend to be comorbid with COVID. Alzheimer's, diabetes, things like that, but in addition they tend to move with the COVID deaths.”

"The latest numbers continued a trend that really took hold in the third quarter of 2021, when life insurers began noting increased mortality in their group life segments as COVID-19 deaths crept down from seniors into the working-age population"

"After a brief dip to the seventh-leading cause of death in the United States during the summer of 2021, COVID-19 crept back up to second place by January, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Since the onset of the pandemic in March 2020, it has remained somewhere in the top three of all rankings.

"In fact, during December the virus was the leading cause of death in U.S. adults aged 45-54 and was in the top seven spots for all age groups with the exception of children 4 and under."

Millennials are different breed. I’m disappointed In myself for looking at your Twitter link. Hopefully one day @dpic73, you will find your way out of the basement.
Not a Millenial Tiglet. Any suggestions for how I can reach the rarified air where brainiacs like you reside?

ADVERTISEMENT