ADVERTISEMENT

Hell's Angels Coming to Clemson......

CU Alumnus

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2007
Apparently the Hell's Angels are coming to Clemson in late July/early August.

First thing that comes to my mind is.....why? Why Clemson? Clemson is a small college town. What draw would they have to a group like this? It's not even football season? Just seems sorta odd.

I've heard all sorts of things about the Hell's Angels - from scum-of-the-earth to not-as-bad-as-you've-heard. Not sure what to think. Clemson just seems like an odd pick.

What am I missing here?

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
If it was the Bloods or the Crips coming to Clemson for a gathering they would be met by the National Guard. The city of Clemson and the Chief has signed off on this group coming to Clemson. There is not anywhere in the city to gather, so you can bet money that they will be overrunning the campus at some point during their visit.

Get them in TTT then

Sa0o8b.gif

Marketing meth & M4’s ?

No thanks on the meth, but I'll take an M4 if you're offering.

Just kidding - illegal and stolen firearms are a great way to get into a shitload of trouble.

They are in Clemson all the time I’d imagine. They have a clubhouse in Anderson. I don’t understand why folks are making such a big deal out of it. They aren’t coming to rape and pillage lol.

This is some sort of national gathering I believe. Just seems odd. Clemson isn't that big.

If it was the Bloods or the Crips coming to Clemson for a gathering they would be met by the National Guard. The city of Clemson and the Chief has signed off on this group coming to Clemson. There is not anywhere in the city to gather, so you can bet money that they will be overrunning the campus at some point during their visit.

That's the part that's messing with me. Clemson has hotels and everything else but there's not a huge tourist attraction other than the campus itself, which it seems would be of little interest to a bunch of bikers. My understanding is that the Hell's Angels isn't like your normal club, which consists of everything from teachers to pharmacists to anyone else who can afford a Harley.

I also remember the bitching on here that Clemson doesn't have enough bars.

Maybe the Hell's Angels have been Dabo'd.

Will be a non issue. They gave the Clemson Police Chief an 11 month heads up and the organizer stays in contact with them. Just a get together for them and the Police Chief is cool with it as long as they abide by his rules. According to the news interview with him this past week.

Will be a non issue. They gave the Clemson Police Chief an 11 month heads up and the organizer stays in contact with them. Just a get together for them and the Police Chief is cool with it as long as they abide by his rules. According to the news interview with him this past week.

Seems like they are trying to do this the right way. 750 people isn't a huge number but I just wonder what their (the club's) plan is. They will probably want to ride through the mountains a lot. Traffic shouldn't be an issue - the place can handle an extra 90K people on gamedays.

Besides we have the Power of the Oculus to protect Clemson:

DsQZPVEXcAAw3QB.jpg

Though I'm not sure how it does on bikers. Does pretty well on wolves, chickens, indians, and elephants. And whatever the hell an Aggie is.

What's Clemson supposed to do...ban them from coming? Ban motorcycles? Ban 1%'ers? Ban white guys with beards and leather?

Certain groups would be okay with banning 1%ers, but I suspect it's a different 1%.

I'm not saying they should be banned - I just can't figure out why a motorcycle club/gang/whatever is coming to Clemson, SC of all places.

But hell - I've never been but Sturgis is supposedly in the absolute middle of no-fvcking-where. Maybe that's a biker thing.

My buddy tried to start a bicycling club while at Clemson. He called it Clemson Angles. He is a really bad speller.

Before I posted this thread I did a search. Nobody has posted about either the Hell's Angels or the Hell's Angles.

Hell's Angles would be a great name for a trigonometry study group.

They better be careful. The last time a group of gang member/bikers were all assembled in one place it resulted in a major shootout/bloodbath. 9 murders and a bunch of injured folks, etc.

Even caught a lot of it on video from area surveillance cameras. It was a planned fight with all kinds of illegal firearms. Fired at police and each other. All those people were promptly prosecuted and jailed tho.

Reactions: VeniceTiger
Seems like they are trying to do this the right way. 750 people isn't a huge number but I just wonder what their (the club's) plan is. They will probably want to ride through the mountains a lot. Traffic shouldn't be an issue - the place can handle an extra 90K people on gamedays.

Besides we have the Power of the Oculus to protect Clemson:

DsQZPVEXcAAw3QB.jpg

Though I'm not sure how it does on bikers. Does pretty well on wolves, chickens, indians, and elephants. And whatever the hell an Aggie is.

Certain groups would be okay with banning 1%ers, but I suspect it's a different 1%.

I'm not saying they should be banned - I just can't figure out why a motorcycle club/gang/whatever is coming to Clemson, SC of all places.

But hell - I've never been but Sturgis is supposedly in the absolute middle of no-fvcking-where. Maybe that's a biker thing.

Before I posted this thread I did a search. Nobody has posted about either the Hell's Angels or the Hell's Angles.

Hell's Angles would be a great name for a trigonometry study group.

I totally agree that it’s being handled in the absolute best possible way. Being handled unbelievably well, IMO.

But I’ve heard a lot of people yelling and screaming about it and, my question is, how in the World (based off of that logic) would you keep them out?

I totally agree that it’s being handled in the absolute best possible way. Being handled unbelievably well, IMO.

But I’ve heard a lot of people yelling and screaming about it and, my question is, how in the World (based off of that logic) would you keep them out?

To be clear, the point of my post wasn't anything to do with keeping them out. It was about why would they pick Clemson? Seems like an odd fit.

Reactions: clemsonu0219
They better be careful. The last time a group of gang member/bikers were all assembled in one place it resulted in a major shootout/bloodbath. 9 murders and a bunch of injured folks, etc.

Even caught a lot of it on video from area surveillance cameras. It was a planned fight with all kinds of illegal firearms. Fired at police and each other. All those people were promptly prosecuted and jailed tho.

If you're talking about the case at the Twin Peaks in TX, they just dropped all of the charges.

Reactions: ClemsonMax
The Angels have numerous club houses throughout the state. As a Harley rider in the Rock Hill area I run into them occasionally on charity runs. As they have a club house in Rock Hill. Along with Spartanburg and Anderson. Each state has a certain 1% governing body in the biker community. South Carolina is Angel territory. While North Carolina is Outlaw territory, hence the clubhouses near state lines. They are EXTREMELY organized in their dealings, good or bad.

Last edited:
They are a bunch of losers who need weapons to fight, they appeal the trashiest of the white trash. Had a local Hells Angel leader join our gym to learn how to fight, people were genuinely worried for his health. Early 40s and he had the cardio of your typical 65 year old man & the bravado of a drunk 19 year old marine. He lasted maybe 2 classes before he decided to just buy a bigger gun.

Not sure why people are freaking out. They will be followed at all times by LE, and probably have a bird in the air covering them if it is going to be any sort of large gathering. They have a clubhouse in Greenville (at least they used to prior to the big bust a few years ago), and a few duck clubs in the upstate.

I can assure you that them notifying the chief months ago is routine decision. It means LE will be on them 24/7, and this ensures that any rival club will usually keep away. It's their way of free security via LE.

The Angels have numerous club houses throughout the state. As a Harley rider in the Rock Hill area I run into them occasionally on charity runs. As they have a club house in Rock Hill. Along with Spartanburg and Anderson. Each state has a certain 1% governing body in the biker community. South Carolina is Angel territory. While North Carolina is Outlaw territory, hence the clubhouses near state lines. They are EXTREMELY organized in their dealings, good or bad.

SC isn't near as much Angel territory as it was 10 years ago. Rare to see any Angel wearing their patch in public in Greenville.

And much like any group, there are good and bad members. Not all of them are bearded, fat white guys on HD's either.

It’s easy to call them losers. But the general public is unaware of the countless money they give to kids charities. I seriously doubt the OP trained an Angel at his gym. Especially one with any rank. The HAMC is very secretive about themselves and their “business ventures.” It was probably some support club prospect who thought he was a hardcore biker.

SC isn't near as much Angel territory as it was 10 years ago. Rare to see any Angel wearing their patch in public in Greenville.

And much like any group, there are good and bad members. Not all of them are bearded, fat white guys on HD's either.
Oh it’s still very much Angel territory and growing. They just use support clubs to do most of their “work” now. Look a little closer at other club patches. If that support club is from SC, notice the “81” sewn on them. Most know what the “81” stand for.

Reactions: dawsonsdaddy
They are a bunch of losers who need weapons to fight, they appeal the trashiest of the white trash. Had a local Hells Angel leader join our gym to learn how to fight, people were genuinely worried for his health. Early 40s and he had the cardio of your typical 65 year old man & the bravado of a drunk 19 year old marine. He lasted maybe 2 classes before he decided to just buy a bigger gun.
Would you have the guts to call any of them a loser face to face??

forget the bloods and crips. if it was just a black biker gang, 95% of this board would be TRIGGERED.

200.gif

First thing that comes to my mind is.....why? Why Clemson? Clemson is a small college town. What draw would they have to a group like this? It's not even football season? Just seems sorta odd.

I've heard all sorts of things about the Hell's Angels - from scum-of-the-earth to not-as-bad-as-you've-heard. Not sure what to think. Clemson just seems like an odd pick.

What am I missing here?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Not sure why people are freaking out. They will be followed at all times by LE, and probably have a bird in the air covering them if it is going to be any sort of large gathering. They have a clubhouse in Greenville (at least they used to prior to the big bust a few years ago), and a few duck clubs in the upstate.

I can assure you that them notifying the chief months ago is routine decision. It means LE will be on them 24/7, and this ensures that any rival club will usually keep away. It's their way of free security via LE.
Would you be ok with the crips holding a rally in Clemson?

What I've learned in this thread.

A lot of compassion for people who all agree are not very good people. Gang members. Criminals. Organized Dangerous criminals. But they give to charity.

I've seen people guilty of way less get destroyed on this board with zero compassion. Wow.
They are white so white people arent scared. If they were black or Mexican heads would be rolling at city hall.

They are all over the upstate and actually do a lot to give back to the communities they are in.

What am I missing here?
ey

Reactions: my95GTHO
Putting out Rat Poison for eradication would be best for those type of pests. Regular Raid is not good enough.

They are white so white people arent scared. If they were black or Mexican heads would be rolling at city hall.

Hell I don't even mind the biker gangs coming. Sounds kind of cool to be honest. Just checking the attitudes of the people in this thread and how it's not a big deal but for different reasons than if it were someone else. Some other group that you alluded to. Hell they wouldn't have to even be criminals. Just a group they disagreed with philosophically.

There is still a decent amount of support in the country areas south and west of Lexington. I don’t see the full patches (Angel or Red Devil) often but the ‘81’ is around a lot, yes I know they aren’t all full members.

...and you are quite correct about them not all being meth’d out trouble making outlaws.

They are trying to improve their image but they are still considered an organized crime syndicate with a slant towards racism. The main issue is being in Clemson for 5 days. Clemson is small and it will be difficult for students and locals to get away from them during this period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT