ADVERTISEMENT

Herbstreit View

The Russian organization that started the misinformation claim is banned from the Olympics and has been discredited for its corruption. It doesn’t have any credibility in the sport. If they produced sole evidence I think it might have a leg to stand on, but so far it’s murky at best.

Which is a shame. I think just about everyone wants a level playing field in sports. Russia’s speciality is misinformation and making people question everything because it creates instability
Yep. It’s an organization banned by the IOC because of their connections to Russian organized crime. They’re completely financed by Russian money (specifically Gazprom). They have two Russian directors. The Algerian boxer competed without issue until she (and a Taiwanese boxer) beat a Russian boxer. As soon as that happened the two Russian directors banned her without input from the board

Reactions: cjtiger300
The Russian organization that started the misinformation claim is banned from the Olympics and has been discredited for its corruption. It doesn’t have any credibility in the sport. If they produced sole evidence I think it might have a leg to stand on, but so far it’s murky at best.

Which is a shame. I think just about everyone wants a level playing field in sports. Russia’s speciality is misinformation and making people question everything because it creates instability
Ha! Yep, just went and read up more on that. Looks like IBA is pretty much controlled by Russia now, although that wasn't it's history. But, of course, everything is political now it seems. If they can't produce the test then it's not valid. Agreed on the level playing field.

I'm pretty sure he was from Algeria and was born with both sets of chromosomes. That's why international boxing wouldn't let him box because he tested for xy chromosomes and so had an unfair advantage. But the Olympics made a different ruling. Definitely a little different but I still would agree with the IBF ( I think it was ) ruling.
The chromosome thing was just speculation because the Russian boxing org (which is banned by the IOC) was just throwing shit against the wall to cover up for them banning her after she beat a Russian

Ha! Yep, just went and read up more on that. Looks like IBA is pretty much controlled by Russia now, although that wasn't its history. But, of course, everything is political now it seems. If they can't produce the test then it's not valid. Agreed on the level playing field.
I have a buddy who is into boxing and said people getting upset about something the IBA claims is like getting upset about an Onion article

it’s a small gesture of inclusivity. If you call someone he and they say they’d rather be “they or she” and you decide to keep calling them he to prove a point, it just makes you an asshole. No different than pronouncing someone’s name wrong repeatedly.

People are gonna slip up. But in my experience, acknowledging these people and putting in an honest effort guarantees you won’t get hassled.

So someone can be a they? As in multiple personalities…that’s a mental disorder

I'm pretty sure he was from Algeria and was born with both sets of chromosomes. That's why international boxing wouldn't let him box because he tested for xy chromosomes and so had an unfair advantage. But the Olympics made a different ruling. Definitely a little different but I still would agree with the IBF ( I think it was ) ruling.

See, @nmerritt11 this is why pronouns are important and matter. She is a woman with a DSD disorder. She has and was born with women parts and this jackleg is still calling her a he.

To the original poster, the IBA is a crooked Russian organization and should not be taken seriously in these matters. There is a reason noone outside of Russia takes them seriously anymore which is why World Boxing is working to take over the LA28 Olympics. The gender test the IBA did were deemed illegitimate and lacked credibility, which is why every other governing body in the world allows her to box as a female.

Reactions: Spencer_York
I'm a Christian and we're "persecuted" for some things... stepping through the door and walking to the middle of the room.

Kirk is right that a lot people who are either Christian, culturally Christian, or just traditional in mindset have been censored and shut down because some of those views are antithetical to the prevailing culture in the US. Especially, in our traditional media and much of social media so that many people self-censor, even though they disagree. Transgender males in female sports is a perfect example.
Legitimate question, can you give some examples of Christians being persecuted or censored in the US?

I don't think dudes playing sports with chicks is a religious topic.

See, @nmerritt11 this is why pronouns are important and matter. She is a woman with a DSD disorder. She has and was born with women parts and this jackleg is still calling her a he.

To the original poster, the IBA is a crooked Russian organization and should not be taken seriously in these matters. There is a reason noone outside of Russia takes them seriously anymore which is why World Boxing is working to take over the LA28 Olympics. The gender test the IBA did were deemed illegitimate and lacked credibility, which is why every other governing body in the world allows her to box as a female.

So how to you explain someone wanting to be call “they”

You can’t because a person is not a they

So someone can be a they? As in multiple personalities…that’s a mental disorder
They, by the dictionary/thesaurus, can be both singular or plural. Some individuals prefer being referred to as “they” (singular) because they identify as non-binary (so neither male nor female). Do I understand it and how they feel? Not really, but I’ll still use “they” because it’s the considerate thing to do

It’s the old boiling a frog analogy. You put the frog in a pot of water then turn on the burner. The frog is boiled to death before it knows it. That applies with this crazy scenario. You have to stop it or it will continue to creep into our society and before you know it, it’s ramped.
Slippery slope argument. This is the same discussion we had in 2010 about how gay marriage was going to make people gay. When we hashed that out here on the board, it came to pass that the loudest opponents actually believed people chose to be gay. When those of us who are honest about our sexuality pointed out that we can't chose to like tits over dicks, that argument vanished like vapor as people became aware that they actually might, just be a bit gay.

So, I gotta ask, do you think people chose to view themselves as a different gender than their birth biological sex?
Just so you know, you are rehashing the same arguments that failed pretty miserably before. However, progress is good.

So how to you explain someone wanting to be call “they”

You can’t because a person is not a they
I'm going to assume you're being serious and you truly don't understand. They definitely do not have a mental disorder, at least not from referring their pronouns to be they. Anyways, happy reading and glad I could help.

I mean its nuanced. It's also such a huge edge case to even talk about. What do I mean by that? Theres been 1, 1 example where a biological male competed in women's swimming. I don't really feel like they should be competing in women's sports. But I'm also, not really that interested in the subject at all. However, lots of politicians sure are, and the media keeps talking about it, so everyone feels like they MUST make an opinion on the subject.
It's one of those subjects where I feel people use it to then try to vilify each other.

Also, can christians please stop playing the 'oh we are so oppressed' narrative. It's just so crybaby considering their majority voting block. What they mean is that when they say things online, some people disagree with them, and that hurts their feelings.
. Way more than 1. One in NCAA maybe. High school level? Numerous examples

Reactions: Chetsu
Slippery slope argument. This is the same discussion we had in 2010 about how gay marriage was going to make people gay. When we hashed that out here on the board, it came to pass that the loudest opponents actually believed people chose to be gay. When those of us who are honest about our sexuality pointed out that we can't chose to like tits over dicks, that argument vanished like vapor as people became aware that they actually might, just be a bit gay.

So, I gotta ask, do you think people chose to view themselves as a different gender than their birth biological sex?
Just so you know, you are rehashing the same arguments that failed pretty miserably before. However, progress is good.
Failed? Those law changes and changes in social norms have objectively actually made more people think they are gay. The slippery slope argument is actually turning out to be as true as we thought it would be.

Reactions: letsgocu
Nah. Way more than 1 are you kidding? Haha. One in NCAA maybe. High school level? Numerous examples
Sure, in a group of ten's of millions of people we have some outliers. Is it actually THAT big of a deal though? Again, I personally don't think biological men should play against women. However, the rage hype over this issue is just so hyperbolic. It's an issue again, used to vilify a whole group of people, for the actions of a very very few.

Failed? Those law changes and changes in social norms have objectively actually made more people think they are gay. The slippery slope argument is actually turning out to be as true as we thought it would be.
Just so we are clear.. You chose to be attracted to women over men (assuming you are a man).

Just so we are clear.. You chose to be attracted to women over men (assuming you are a man).
The natural inclination is for a man to be attracted to a women and a women to be attracted to a man. Anything other than that is unnatural. You can frame it as choice both ways, but only one is unnatural.

Reactions: letsgocu
I'm going to assume you're being serious and you truly don't understand. They definitely do not have a mental disorder, at least not from referring their pronouns to be they. Anyways, happy reading and glad I could help.

I’m admittedly an idiot, but can you explain why the pronoun is “he/him” or “she/her” or they/them.

Why can these people not be identified as “he”, “she”, or “they”? It drives me crazy.

What’s the reasoning for the redundancy?

They, by the dictionary/thesaurus, can be both singular or plural. Some individuals prefer being referred to as “they” (singular) because they identify as non-binary (so neither male nor female). Do I understand it and how they feel? Not really, but I’ll still use “they” because it’s the considerate thing to do

So if a person wants to be him, then, they that’s how you’re going to refer to them? My goodness. I’m getting back to pressure washing

I get if you’re saying but come on. You know it’s deeper than someone just being referred to as they in a casual manner. But whatever…it’s ridiculous to get offended over a pronoun. Society is soft as hell and they coined the term “woke” to replace soft

Failed? Those law changes and changes in social norms have objectively actually made more people think they are gay. The slippery slope argument is actually turning out to be as true as we thought it would be. Hilarious you don’t see it
Wtf are you even talking about. If anything, it allowed those that were previously closeted to come out. I'm sure you'd love for them all to be in the closet, but that's jacked up if you ask me. As far as some people being confused, it's always been that way. Sexual orientation isn't binary no matter how much you'd like it to be.

Sorry I was told in this thread that if there aren’t numerous examples of it impacting a group then I shouldn’t care. So I don’t care about the very few people feeling as though they’re not male or female even though science says they are either male or female

Even Caitlin Jenner is strongly against biological males playing against women. In his opinion, no amount of hormones can change the fact that e.g. in competitive swimming, men's hands are bigger along with greater lung capacity. Common sense is common sense although that concept seems to be out of vogue.
Yah and its a good point. Doesn't mean we should ban Caitlin Jenner from existing though, like some here are hinting at.

We just need to clearly define biological male and female and stick to those lines.

It seems this would be simple but separate sports governing bodies don’t seem to agree on what constitutes a male and female.
We never had trouble identifying males and females in sports until the past few years when some folks decided they wanted to invent new parameters from . . . nothing. The fact that there is even a debate on these things is beyond absurd. We are no longer a serious country in many ways. It will not surprise me if we see a severe backlash at some point.

Usually it's he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/their(s), or some combination (other pronouns exist too but these are the most common).
The reason is simply grammatical correctness. You wouldn't say saw he yesterday", you'd say "1 saw him yesterday." You wouldn't say "A friend of she", you'd say "A friend of hers".

Example

She- Third person singular pronoun / subject of a verb
Her- Third person singular pronoun / object of a verb or preposition
Hers- Third person possessive pronoun

Consider we versus us, one is used as a subject (someone/ something that is doing an action) while the other is used as an object (someone/something that is acted upon). "We are going to the mall" "The police told us to move along."

Edit: I don't think you're an idiot. It's great that you're asking questions. Hell I was just as perplexed as you before I sought out the information. Many don't do that all all who b is why ignorance reigns supreme quite often.

Last edited:
Legitimate question, can you give some examples of Christians being persecuted or censored in the US?

I don't think dudes playing sports with chicks is a religious topic.
I would have to go research and document stuff for you, which maybe I can but not right now. But I wouldn't characterize it as persecution, yet, which is why I put it in quotes. Marginalized is probably better.

It's sometimes hard to pin down just like any bigotry is. Unless, it's chronicled acts of violence against Christian churches, etc., which I think I read has reached new levels within the US.

You have stories from Christian actors / actresses who say that they've been black balled in Hollywood for their beliefs. I've heard personal stories from other Christians in the workplace and I've had things happen in work places before myself.

You could look at some of the sentencing recently for these elderly ladies that protest at or within certain distance of abortion clinics. We could argue about the law but it is the law and so I can't argue the charge but the sentencing seems disproportionate to the crime.

Laws being passed in California and other places that strip or greatly impair parental rights. Now that doesn't say it's because they're Christian but Christian's are the one's that disagree with transitioning children or teens without parental consent or allowing abortion without parental consent or a number of other things.

I'm sure there's more but that's part of the reason Christian's feel a certain level of oppression from the culture and government.

The natural inclination is for a man to be attracted to a women and a women to be attracted to a man. Anything other than that is unnatural. You can frame it as choice both ways, but only one is unnatural.

Wow, you really are just a crappy person. Just wow.

So if a person wants to be him, then, they that’s how you’re going to refer to them? My goodness. I’m getting back to pressure washing

I get if you’re saying but come on. You know it’s deeper than someone just being referred to as they in a casual manner. But whatever…it’s ridiculous to get offended over a pronoun. Society is soft as hell and they coined the term “woke” to replace soft
The chances of you running into someone who identifies as non-binary is basically non existent in where you live in South Carolina. I live in Chicago and have only met one person who identifies that way. Right, is ridiculous to get offended over a pronoun so just use what that person wants. It’s not a big deal and is being polite

I'm sorry if this comes off as offensive, but it honestly sounds like you struggle with your sexuality. For me personally, I was lucky enough to have the sexual orientation that most people find 'acceptable'. Also, I understand perfectly that I do not find men attractive, but that if I did, it would make my life very complicated. Also, theres gay animals all in the animal kingdom, so the term unnatural is odd argument.

You think people CHOOSE to be gay don't you.

Usually it's he/him/his, she/her/hers, they/them/their(s), or some combination (other pronouns exist too but these are the most common).
The reason is simply grammatical correctness. You wouldn't say saw he yesterday", you'd say "1 saw him yesterday." You wouldn't say "A friend of she", you'd say "A friend of hers".

Example

Consider we versus us, one is used as a subject (someone/ something that is doing an action) while the other is used as an object (someone/something that is acted upon). "We are going to the mall" "The police told us to move along."

It’s being an attention whore. Why correct someone? Just to try and create confrontation that almost always is not necessary and most creating it couldn’t back up said confrontation if it pissed someone off.

It’s just another thing to scream disrespect about

• Haha
Sorry I was told in this thread that if there aren’t numerous examples of it impacting a group then I shouldn’t care. So I don’t care about the very few people feeling as though they’re not male or female even though science says they are either male or female
I mean it’s a very very small number but what’s the point in being a jerk. Just be polite to someone

The chances of you running into someone who identifies as non-binary is basically non existent in where you live in South Carolina. I live in Chicago and have only met one person who identifies that way. Right, is ridiculous to get offended over a pronoun so just use what that person wants. It’s not a big deal and is being polite

Yet as rare as it is there happened to be 2 in the Olympics, both “female”, both boxers in country that frown upon being gay, trans, etc. And apparently another transgender boxer. So 3 with heavy questions and 2 that failed testosterone tests at the world championships and were disqualified. Come on man.

Herbie is 100% right.

• Haha

Example

what kind of idiot would say “Her is a friend of mine” instead of “She is a friend of mine”?

If I put that my pronoun is “he” …then everyone over the age of 4 can figure out the rest.

It just drives me crazy when I see “he/him”. Just say “he”. I feel like it’s a “look at me” thing.

It’s being an attention whore. Why correct someone? Just to try and create confrontation that almost always is not necessary and most creating it couldn’t back up said confrontation if it pissed someone off.

It’s just another thing to scream disrespect about
I mean you are disrespecting someone if you call them by something they’ve asked you not to call them. You’re coming up with these scenarios where you’re imagining being berated by someone over this. It’s not about creating confrontation or anything like that

I mean it’s a very very small number but what’s the point in being a jerk. Just be polite to someone
It’s a small number of girls getting bludgeoned by biological males in sports, but for some reason it’s not easy for some to call it out as ridiculous. Just use common sense and ban people with a Y chromosome from competition in women’s sports

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT