ADVERTISEMENT

Here is a good reason to not have tailgating or full stadiums...

you can call me a liar all you want. I don't care. This happened one month ago, Prisma Baptist Hospital, Columbia, SC.

I am saying I would like more information from how the case manager and the medical records person at facility communicated this.

I can tell you these situations are really hard right now. My grandmother was just in the hospital for what they thought was covid, turned out it wasn't. While in hospital she had a bad fall...communication was horrible. Got her home on home health and I saw the wound. They did not do shit for it except gauze and send her home.

Being in the business, I was able to get her into another hospital, get it handled and turned out there were blood clots. She got the surgery, sent home, my wound nurse recommended treatment, its healed and she's off home health. Because you cannot have but one visitor a day and because I had been exposed, I had to handle all communication remotely and my grandfather can barely hear so he was not much help. I was on the chart as primary to make decisions on my grandmother's behalf.

So a LOT of how things are handled is strictly based on whoever is speaking on behalf of your grandmother to the case worker. Are they dealing directly with a facility? Your grandmother? A family member? Spouse? Who is the hospital relaying medical information to on behalf of your grandmother?

Do they understand what is being explained to them? Did you just allow hospital to deal directly with facility without hospital involvement? Did you make it known that you did not want her leaving hospital to go back? And if so, what was the reasoning? If she was asymptomatic, out of harm's way, and the facilities administration was willing to take her back...what is the issue? They may have said they needed the bed, but that is not forcing anyone out...I'll go as far as stating I know someone very high up with Prisma in compliance and see him multiple times a week at happy hour and he has not once mentioned any Prisma location at or near capacity for Covid.

Am i calling you a liar? No...I am sure your grandma got sent back to her facility but how did it happen? What made it similar to NY forcing facilities to take on new residents, old residents, that they were not equipped to handle.

In SC and most states, the case worker provides the details to facility and family...if you are not happy with that level of care, the decision of the case manager/clinical team at that hospital you can request a release ...transfer, etc. The family and facility work through the case manager on paperwork, transfers, and details.

If a facility does not want to take the resident back, they cannot be forced to especially if it is a medicare/medicaid bed. Private pay gets a little more tricky...

But a facility can absolutely deny the request to take a patient back....happens all the time. That is what was different from NY...The state was requiring facilities to take patients...even new patients...that is absolutely not the case in SC. NY was telling skilled facilities they had to take these patients and it resulted in a shit show while an emergency hospital sat unused.

The CMS has stated on every single call I have been on with them to hospitals that they cannot force facilities to take anyone!! Facilities are provided charts on potential new patients, they review and they decide whether or not they have the capability and desire to admit.

Again, I was at SCHCA show...no hospitals present. Just long term care and not one mentioned that happening to them in regards to talking covid for an entire weekend and hand the week.

@nytigerfan Why did you put a misleading comment at the top of your post? You didn't even quote your own article accurately... I have to wonder if it was for shock value?

Now, I also wanted to post this... I think that looking at one isolated event and attributing Covid spread to it just because of proximity from cell phone data is pretty hard to defend when we know other events were happening at the same time...

oakImage-1599663216487-mobileMasterAt3x.png

you should ask yourself this question while looking in the mirror.
LOL I'm not the one believing every news report about the virus. It's ok the Trump Syndrome is a pretty bad virus hope you get well soon.

Yet he continues to think NY is a flag ship state of how they handled...

-Highest or next to highest "death rate"
-Highest unemployment rate as result

Blames on tourism...and claims they figured it out and got it under control. No they didn't...states get "hit" at different times. Cases go up as people are forced to test. Death rates are almost non-existent...

NY botched it...I've explained how...forcing nursing homes to take patients which hospitals were told they could not do by the CMS. They ignored an emergency hospital...couldn't "find" a warehouse full of ventilators, bitched about Trump not getting them what they needed, and created mass hysteria.

Nursing Homes, according to government data, are accounting for 40-45% and some as high as 50% of "reported" deaths being in nursing homes. This does not count assisted living, home health, or hospice or just elderly living independently who contract and go die in hospital. Without using made up percentages, if those were added in, they would account for majority

So unless this was an over 70 bike rally, there is no way these numbers jive. Also, if you took out people with cancer, Alzheimers, dementia, or any other pre-existing condition that made survival unlikely and the numbers drop even more

What's funny is none of the people screaming hysteria had this same hysteria with H1N1...also a deadly virus, with no "vaccine," that spread through human droplets. No mask, had school, football was still cool, TI wasn't full of people scared to wipe their ass with toilet paper that was not sanitized.

H1N1 : From the NCBI

" However, the 2009 H1N1 virus was not zoonotic swine flu because it was not transferred from pigs to humans. Instead, it spread through airborne droplets from human to human, and potentially, through human contact with inanimate objects contaminated with the virus and transferred to the eyes or nose. This virus caused similar symptoms to those seen in swine, possibly due to reassortment of the viral RNA structure, which allowed human-to-human transfer. "

Explain why the COVID hysteria and not H1N1...both spread with droplets, both had no cure, and both had no vaccine...now 1 has a "shot"

NYC had it's share of challenges (high population density, one of the first places hit, high immigration/international visitation rate) but they pretty much fvcked this one up by the numbers.

Also - don't forget they whined and cried about needing ~40K ventilators and then never needed anywhere close to that.

Once again - I will attribute part of this to the fact the virus was still more of a mystery than it is now. But nevertheless......

Cuomo and Wilhelm need to be investigated for that. But they won't - not at the federal level. Biden/Harris will never push for it, and Trump may say and tweet that it should happen but won't do it.

At least one NYC Democrat congressman has had enough of Wilhelm:

NYC had it's share of challenges (high population density, one of the first places hit, high immigration/international visitation rate) but they pretty much fvcked this one up by the numbers.

Also - don't forget they whined and cried about needing ~40K ventilators and then never needed anywhere close to that.

Once again - I will attribute part of this to the fact the virus was still more of a mystery than it is now. But nevertheless......

Cuomo and Wilhelm need to be investigated for that. But they won't - not at the federal level. Biden/Harris will never push for it, and Trump may say and tweet that it should happen but won't do it.

At least one NYC Democrat congressman has had enough of Wilhelm:

Yep they started the political bull shit along with California and NY magically found ventilators and California magically found 100 million N95

he doesn’t like facts

Yea bro, I am the one who doesnt like facts. NYC has had an infection rate less than 1% for 30 days. Every time I direct you yo go look at NYC's death and cases curves and compare them to SC, you respond with some bullshit about a conference call you had with a guy who said that wasnt the case. I present facts, you present heresay.

You really should reexamine your priorities in life bud. Taking so much pleasure in the suffering of other americans just because we live under democratic leadership is not a good look. I never have, and never will, wish pain and suffering on others and then take pleasure in it just because they are republicans.

Yea bro, I am the one who doesnt like facts. NYC has had an infection rate less than 1% for 30 days. Every time I direct you yo go look at NYC's death and cases curves and compare them to SC, you respond with some bullshit about a conference call you had with a guy who said that wasnt the case. I present facts, you present heresay.

You really should reexamine your priorities in life bud. Taking so much pleasure in the suffering of other americans just because we live under democratic leadership is not a good look. I never have, and never will, wish pain and suffering on others and then take pleasure in it just because they are republicans.

Hearsay? You gave one example of your grandma and then could not answer the questions I posed on the process of how the situation went down. I can find and read articles on California, NJ, NY, etc forcing facilities to take covid patients. Some of which were covid free and they sent residents that were not there prior which iis a huge dumb ass move!

It is fact NY was forcing facilities to take patients. It is fact that is against the CMS regulations and it was clearly stated to all states, not just SC, on a national HHS (governing body) conference call to hospitals and long term care organizations that this was not protocol. NJ, NY, and California all forced patients onto skilled facilities.

It was financially beneficial to them because they could get COVID patients out and with the patient before paperwork bill put into place to make it easier to transfer to a nursing home and not dip into their medicare funding while getting paid higher amount for COVID patients while they were admitted it was an easy decision. They free up a bed, don't have to deal with the emergency hospital, the CMS waived the 3 day wait period, and the process to just wash their hands of the patient made it a no brainer and in return caused a spike in deaths inn skilled facilities. You can find all the information on this on the CDC website...the process was intended to get non-covid patients out the door quicker to open beds for covid patients

Now wanna talk facts and numbers from other states (if you believe reporting is and has been accurate which I do not but regardless...this is what is out there on the CDC website and has been adjusted since HHS took over reporting)

Notice political affiliation with the highest...notice the states that pushed lock downs as it hit the red states...

Facts is NYC has 282 deaths per 100k and the rest of the state 80 per 100k. NJ has 179 per 100k. Massachusetts 132 per 100k. Connecticut 125 per 100k. Louisiana 109 per 100k (and NO blamed Trump for not making them cancel Mardi Gras). Rhode Island 100 per 100k

Those are the states with triple digit death rates per 100k. Every one of them a blue state that constantly whines about Trump this and Trump that. And how Trump didn't handle this properly

Other States
Florida 55 per 100k (and still trying to verify accurate numbers as lots of incorrect reporting and false positives)
SC 57 per 100k
Texas 47 per 100k
Arizona 72 per 100k

Mississippi is the highest red controlled state at 87k per 100k.

And a conference call with a guy?

I sat on calls with DHEC, HHS, CMS, CDC multiple times a week the entire month of February and March as we learned how to handle these these. I still get regular e-mails daily and the data I provided on here was from DHEC website.

On March 9th The CMS and Trump's administration put in a strict screening and transfer process to try and help eliminate the spread of COVID in the hospital and nursing homes.

And exactly....NY was hit, line flattened, and now the virus is essentially gone which is why it is time to get back to business as usual. NY handled their outbreak about as bad as any state.

And enjoy the suffering of Americans? What the fvck does that even mean? Where can you point to that I have seemingly enjoyed this? Because at the beginning of this I was working 17-18 hours to help healthcare workers? Never isolated or stayed home to protect myself! Continued to work...now back to pretty much a somewhat normal life w/ sports, work, travel, and wishing they'd let my kids go to school.

I am pissed of that NY was careless and sent this disease into the highest risk infectious disease area which are nursing homes and essentially turned them to morgues?

Queens alone has reported almost 1,000 covid deaths in nursing homes alone. Same with Suffolk...Same with the Bronx...and that is numbers directly off the ny.gov statistics page.

I'd be pissed if SC did that...regardless of political affiliation...but they havent.

But yes my information is hearsay...while you have one example in SC with no supporting facts. I am sure you had this hysteria and lived under your bed when H1N1 hit too didnt you?

Reactions: CUFam98
NYC leadership did a shitty job with all of this, there's no denying this, but 1. they are the most congested city in the US, 2. was the first major city hit by this strain of COVID, and 3. didn't have nearly the same information about COVID that we have now. they were on the front line dealing with massive outbreaks while everywhere else in the US (for the most part) was able to prepare for the outbreak to reach them

NYC leadership did a shitty job with all of this, there's no denying this, but 1. they are the most congested city in the US, 2. was the first major city hit by this strain of COVID, and 3. didn't have nearly the same information about COVID that we have now. they were on the front line dealing with massive outbreaks while everywhere else in the US (for the most part) was able to prepare for the outbreak to reach them

Even when you separate the numbers (which they have) from city to the rest of the state they still suck

Hearsay? You gave one example of your grandma and then could not answer the questions I posed on the process of how the situation went down. I can find and read articles on California, NJ, NY, etc forcing facilities to take covid patients. Some of which were covid free and they sent residents that were not there prior which iis a huge dumb ass move!

It is fact NY was forcing facilities to take patients. It is fact that is against the CMS regulations and it was clearly stated to all states, not just SC, on a national HHS (governing body) conference call to hospitals and long term care organizations that this was not protocol. NJ, NY, and California all forced patients onto skilled facilities.

It was financially beneficial to them because they could get COVID patients out and with the patient before paperwork bill put into place to make it easier to transfer to a nursing home and not dip into their medicare funding while getting paid higher amount for COVID patients while they were admitted it was an easy decision. They free up a bed, don't have to deal with the emergency hospital, the CMS waived the 3 day wait period, and the process to just wash their hands of the patient made it a no brainer and in return caused a spike in deaths inn skilled facilities. You can find all the information on this on the CDC website...the process was intended to get non-covid patients out the door quicker to open beds for covid patients

Now wanna talk facts and numbers from other states (if you believe reporting is and has been accurate which I do not but regardless...this is what is out there on the CDC website and has been adjusted since HHS took over reporting)

Notice political affiliation with the highest...notice the states that pushed lock downs as it hit the red states...

Facts is NYC has 282 deaths per 100k and the rest of the state 80 per 100k. NJ has 179 per 100k. Massachusetts 132 per 100k. Connecticut 125 per 100k. Louisiana 109 per 100k (and NO blamed Trump for not making them cancel Mardi Gras). Rhode Island 100 per 100k

Those are the states with triple digit death rates per 100k. Every one of them a blue state that constantly whines about Trump this and Trump that. And how Trump didn't handle this properly

Other States
Florida 55 per 100k (and still trying to verify accurate numbers as lots of incorrect reporting and false positives)
SC 57 per 100k
Texas 47 per 100k
Arizona 72 per 100k

Mississippi is the highest red controlled state at 87k per 100k.

And a conference call with a guy?

I sat on calls with DHEC, HHS, CMS, CDC multiple times a week the entire month of February and March as we learned how to handle these these. I still get regular e-mails daily and the data I provided on here was from DHEC website.

On March 9th The CMS and Trump's administration put in a strict screening and transfer process to try and help eliminate the spread of COVID in the hospital and nursing homes.

And exactly....NY was hit, line flattened, and now the virus is essentially gone which is why it is time to get back to business as usual. NY handled their outbreak about as bad as any state.

And enjoy the suffering of Americans? What the fvck does that even mean? Where can you point to that I have seemingly enjoyed this? Because at the beginning of this I was working 17-18 hours to help healthcare workers? Never isolated or stayed home to protect myself! Continued to work...now back to pretty much a somewhat normal life w/ sports, work, travel, and wishing they'd let my kids go to school.

I am pissed of that NY was careless and sent this disease into the highest risk infectious disease area which are nursing homes and essentially turned them to morgues?

Queens alone has reported almost 1,000 covid deaths in nursing homes alone. Same with Suffolk...Same with the Bronx...and that is numbers directly off the ny.gov statistics page.

I'd be pissed if SC did that...regardless of political affiliation...but they havent.

But yes my information is hearsay...while you have one example in SC with no supporting facts. I am sure you had this hysteria and lived under your bed when H1N1 hit too didnt you?

too many words to read, just go compare the curves for NY and SC and get back to me when you have.

too many words to read, just go compare the curves for NY and SC and get back to me when you have.

exactly you don’t want facts. And I do look at numbers regularly. Take the city out of equation and they still have more cases than SC in last 7 days

exactly you don’t want facts. And I do look at numbers regularly. Take the city out of equation and they still have more cases than SC in last 7 days

well thats just stupid. now you are just making stuff up. Look at the curves (cases and deaths) and get back to me. It is my true hope that yalls curve looks like ours soon.

Two incidents come to mind when I think Covid and NYC:

1) USNS Comfort - shows up to relieve stress on the NYC hospital system by taking non-COVID patients. First thing that happens - they contaminate the thing by sending COVID patients onto it. Oopsie daisey.

2) Samaritan's Purse shows up, tries to help, and catch hell because of their religious beliefs. Never does anyone consider that A) SP never turns away anyone because of their beliefs and B) even if they did - which would be wrong - it frees up resources for others to help those people. For all of the dumb crap he does, Franklin Graham got Samaritan's Purse right.

That's kinda like a farmer claiming he "kicked the locusts' asses' after they've eaten all of his crops and moved on.

NYC had it's share of unique challenges, but let's be real here.

Reactions: nmerritt11
That's kinda like a farmer claiming he "kicked the locusts' asses' after they've eaten all of his crops and moved on.

NYC had it's share of unique challenges, but let's be real here.

Questions?

fill-634x472

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT