ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Look The opressed King James just

Signed two year deal for 85 million......gotta be tough fearing for your life when only making over $40 mill a year...
He's more than worth it. He changes franchises from also rans into winners and the teams he goes to all of a sudden can start getting talent to come to their city to play. His financial impact is tremendous for the city he plays in as I read when he came back to the Cavs that it meant an additional 500-600 million to the local economy. Wonder how much Gordon Hayward is going to generate for the city of Charlotte with his 30 million a year salary?

Sooooo much racism ITT.
we've had threads on here about opposing coaches printing out threads and showing recruits

If I'm Ryan Day and leaning into the "Clemson is stuck in the past" theme from this summer, then I print out this thread. See how the majority of Clemson fans treat a guy with zero criminal record, family man, MASSIVE philanthropist, etc just because he gets paid and has the audacity to stand up for people who are less fortunate than him

why should everyday white people tell them not to? Telling an entire race of people how they should feel is some real self-centered stuff
I would encourage any law abiding citizen regardless of skin color to not live in fear of being hunted down by police because doing so is irrational and unhealthy. If you think that makes me self centered so be it

this board is despicable. Stuck in the 1950s

Lebron is the best in the world at what he does. He deserves to get paid like it.

He should actually be praised for using his platform to give a voice to people who don't have one. People who aren't LBJ. Obviously he is standing up for everyday black people who don't feel safe. If you have a problem with someone with a platform using it to try and better the lives of people who don't, then screw you
So when you leave your house house every morning, you literally are scared some white guy is going to kill you before you can make it back home? That is what you are telling me "everyday black people" think about when they walk out their door in the morning?
I just flat call bs on that.
I have no problem with people using their platform to help people, but when he or anyone else in America says they fear for their life or don't feel safe because they think a racist white person is going to harm them, you lose any credibility you may have had.
If there is anyone stuck in the '50's it's you.

So when you leave your house house every morning, you literally are scared some white guy is going to kill you before you can make it back home? That is what you are telling me "everyday black people" think about when they walk out their door in the morning?
I just flat call bs on that.
I have no problem with people using their platform to help people, but when he or anyone else in America says they fear for their life or don't feel safe because they think a racist white person is going to harm them, you lose any credibility you may have had.
If there is anyone stuck in the '50's it's you.

this still happens in america dude. You can choose to ignore it if you want, but that's something you gotta live with

Even if things are better (obviously they are), trying to make them as good as possible should be commended, not bashed

this still happens in america dude. You can choose to ignore it if you want, but that's something you gotta live with

Even if things are better (obviously they are), trying to make them as good as possible should be commended, not bashed
What a joke reply! "it still happens". People get struck by lightning and die, people get killed by cows, vending machines, or any other number of various and unlikely events that happen. What matters is how often things happen. I would call bs on Lebron or anyone else if they were out there lobbying for all Americans to be provided with suits that protect them from lightning strikes, because it is stupid even though "this still happens in america dude".

How many instances do you know of where a random racist white person murdered a black person this year? I don't mean examples where people were being robbed or some guy starts a fight at a bar and some one gets killed. I mean where a racists white person targets a black person simply because they are black and kills them? Tell me how many of your friends have been killed like this, give me a number.

What a joke reply! "it still happens". People get struck by lightning and die, people get killed by cows, vending machines, or any other number of various and unlikely events that happen. What matters is how often things happen. I would call bs on Lebron or anyone else if they were out there lobbying for all Americans to be provided with suits that protect them from lightning strikes, because it is stupid even though "this still happens in america dude".

How many instances do you know of where a random racist white person murdered a black person this year? I don't mean examples where people were being robbed or some guy starts a fight at a bar and some one gets killed. I mean where a racists white person targets a black person simply because they are black and kills them? Tell me how many of your friends have been killed like this, give me a number.
my goodness man - get help

• Haha
Reactions: HumasButthole
my goodness man - get help
You forgot to give me a number. I knew you would avoid the conversation once it got down to facts and numbers.

Does racism still exist in America today? Of course it does, and we as a society should do things to combat it. BUT, when you have people like Lebron making asinine, ridiculous statements and media and people like you backing him up it makes people not listen to you when you have a legitimate cause or purpose. When you make bat sh*t crazy statements( or support them), no one is going to listen to you even if you have other legitimate concerns/issues.

You forgot to give me a number. I knew you would avoid the conversation once it got down to facts and numbers.

Does racism still exist in America today? Of course it does, and we as a society should do things to combat it. BUT, when you have people like Lebron making asinine, ridiculous statements and media and people like you backing him up it makes people not listen to you when you have a legitimate cause or purpose. When you make bat sh*t crazy statements( or support them), no one is going to listen to you even if you have other legitimate concerns/issues.
you asked me to name how many of my friends have been killed by racist white dudes. I am white and most of my friends are. The answer is zero. Does that help prove your point? Like WTF are you talking about? How does that mean I can't be concerned for others? It's embarrassing to be in this conversation with you, that's why I tried to end it. I apologize to everyone else on the board for having to see this

I respect his game. But he may literally be an idiot given the talking points I’ve heard from him. Or maybe his perceptions are just a tad skewed because he’s been a multi-millionaire for half of his life and his entire adult life so he has no idea how the “average” person views the world. Either way, I will take absolutely zero advice from him or anyone like him because they dont know what us common folk are going through out here in the streets. Hopefully my kids’ white privilege will offset his kids’ billion dollar dad and create an even playing field for their future.

Lebrun the person is an absolute clown. It still amazes me that people care at all about what he has to say about anything other than basketball. Very few people are as detached from reality as he is - not that it’s totally his fault he’s been famous since he was 13. But it’s like asking Justin Bieber his thoughts on economics and expecting anything substantial.

Dude can ball tho.

you asked me to name how many of my friends have been killed by racist white dudes. I am white and most of my friends are. The answer is zero. Does that help prove your point? Like WTF are you talking about? How does that mean I can't be concerned for others? It's embarrassing to be in this conversation with you, that's why I tried to end it. I apologize to everyone else on the board for having to see this
Racist bitch.

I respect his game. But he may literally be an idiot given the talking points I’ve heard from him. Or maybe his perceptions are just a tad skewed because he’s been a multi-millionaire for half of his life and his entire adult life so he has no idea how the “average” person views the world. Either way, I will take absolutely zero advice from him or anyone like him because they dont know what us common folk are going through out here in the streets. Hopefully my kids’ white privilege will offset his kids’ billion dollar dad and create an even playing field for their future.

tough I didn’t scroll to the bottom to see your post was identical to mine.

It absolutely helps prove the point that "everday black people" as you put it, much less Lebron, are not walking out their door every morning in fear some racist white due is going to kill them. Why is this so hard for you to understand or admit?

You can and should be concerned for other people, and so should Lebron! MY POINT which you seem unable to grasp is that if you want people to listen to you and take you seriously you cant go around making outlandish asinine statements like Lebron saying he fears for his life as a black man in America.

Y'all are missing out on Pizzeria Locale. Founder of chipotle (also Colorado based) involved. So good. So so so good.

It absolutely helps prove the point that "everday black people" as you put it, much less Lebron, are not walking out their door every morning in fear some racist white due is going to kill them. Why is this so hard for you to understand or admit?

You can and should be concerned for other people, and so should Lebron! MY POINT which you seem unable to grasp is that if you want people to listen to you and take you seriously you cant go around making outlandish asinine statements like Lebron saying he fears for his life as a black man in America.
I’ll never understand what kind of sick pleasure people these days get out of making themselves out to be victims.

Statistically black men are more likely to be killed by police than white people. Are you ready to listen now?

Y'all are missing out on Pizzeria Locale. Founder of chipotle (also Colorado based) involved. So good. So so so good.

when I was in Denver I was more of a blue pan guy

Detroit style is just so different I can't deal, haha. We did have blue pan for my staff at our election night war room, folks loved it.

First time I'd had it sober, ha.

I'm nostalgic, the original (Brown Dog in Telluride as I'm sure you know) is awesome, and Telluride is my favorite place on earth

Reactions: iceheart08

I could be on board for this.

edit to say: chipotle is ass, but love the idea for za.

The great news is he is not that smart and will lose most of his money as soon as he retires. The vultures are already in sight.
And their ratings confirm you are not alone.
the NBA has had Their ratings dwarf by 50% since 2019, the more woke the sport, the bigger their ratings decline. I love it when idiots shoot themselves in the foot. Left alone long enough they bleed out. Stay woke NBA, stay woke.

Why should everyday black people feel unsafe?
My gps sent me off the wrong exit in St Louis back in 2013 and I had my life threatened for simply asking for directions, went 3 blocks and got my car hit with some sort of sports drink bottle, all while be called stupid racist crap. Literally any white persons life would be in danger in countless streets in urban areas of the US. Literally all I did was pull to the edge of the street and ask for directions. I wasn’t in their yard at night, I wasn’t in their neighborhood for no reason with a screwdriver and a hoodie, I was just off the wrong exit in a place i was unfamiliar with. I’m thinking the people I was dealing with were what Bill Clinton and Joseph Biden correctly labeled super predators.

Reactions: FranktheDank
Statistically black men are more likely to be killed by police than white people. Are you ready to listen now?
I would be shocked if that is true and I know you can not prove it.
If you are not going to just accept the fact that more white people are killed by police (which I agree is not statistical proof either way ) then you really have to get down to some meaningful statistics. In order to determine how likely a future event is to happen you need to know two things. How often did the opportunity for that event to occur happen and obviously how many times it happened during those opportunities.
As it applies to this discussion, you would divide the number of black men killed by the number of encounters police have with black men. Then divide the number of white men killed by the number of encounters police have with white men. You then have two percentages and take the higher one. If you really want a more meaningful/accurate number you would try and use only events where there was a physical altercation or some event where the likely hood of death would be greater rather than including simple traffic stops where a speeding ticket was given and there was no altercation.

wow - second grade level math. Do you even per capita?
If you do per capita, then your math isn't much better as it related to this subject. I don't know why this gets brought up so often in this argument. Anyone who has ever taken statistics at any level should know better.

If you are not going to just accept the fact that more white people are killed by police (which I agree is not statistical proof either way ) then you really have to get down to some meaningful statistics. In order to determine how likely a future event is to happen you need to know two things. How often did the opportunity for that event to occur happen and obviously how many times it happened during those opportunities.
As it applies to this discussion, you would divide the number of black men killed by the number of encounters police have with black men. Then divide the number of white men killed by the number of encounters police have with white men. You then have two percentages and take the higher one. If you really want a more meaningful/accurate number you would try and use only events where there was a physical altercation or some event where the likely hood of death would be greater rather than including simple traffic stops where a speeding ticket was given and there was no altercation.

I would be shocked if that is true and I know you can not prove it.
Be shocked because a quick easy Google search will show you that what I said is true.

Now I might give the benefit of the doubt that some people don't believe this because they see good in police and good in humans. "I dont look at people differently because of race so I'm sure more people feel that way too." You don't want to deal with the dark uncomfortable truths that are in our country. That's not to say our country is horrible and the worst but the blindness some people choose to have on the issues of race in America is frustrating.

White people are killed by police. But black people are approached by police at a much higher rate which ends in a much higher rate of death. Am I saying that police are actively trying to kill black people? No. But police absolutely target black people more which can bring about more situations where lethal force is used.

Alot of it is tied into systemic racism. Surely you can agree to that. Otherwise I question how truthful you are being to yourself about race in America.

Be shocked because a quick easy Google search will show you that what I said is true.

Now I might give the benefit of the doubt that some people don't believe this because they see good in police and good in humans. "I dont look at people differently because of race so I'm sure more people feel that way too." You don't want to deal with the dark uncomfortable truths that are in our country. That's not to say our country is horrible and the worst but the blindness some people choose to have on the issues of race in America is frustrating.

White people are killed by police. But black people are approached by police at a much higher rate which ends in a much higher rate of death. Am I saying that police are actively trying to kill black people? No. But police absolutely target black people more which can bring about more situations where lethal force is used.

Alot of it is tied into systemic racism. Surely you can agree to that. Otherwise I question how truthful you are being to yourself about race in America.
Give me a link to a quick easy google search with some relevant numbers then. I don't mean some stupid article giving per capita statistics. I can find plenty of per capita statistics about black men being responsible for a much higher percentage of violent crime than white men per capita if that is the route you want to go. What we are were talking about though, is the likelihood of a black man being shot vs a white man. The per capita argument is stupid. I'll use an extreme example so it is easy to understand. If an Australian aboriginal person came to America and was killed by police then based on a per capita basis I can argue you are 100% likely to be killed by police if you are of Australian aboriginal decent. See how that works? It is crappy distorted math.

Edit to say my view on this subject does not mean I don't think racism exits in America, of course it does. But the narrative that black men are more likely to be killed by police is simply not supported by facts/numbers. The problem is when people hear it often enough, they just simply accept that it is true.

ADVERTISEMENT