ADVERTISEMENT

Hmmmm

If you read his statement, he explained how his view on that has changed since the campaign trail. BUT, the first amendment does permit you all to troll him for invoking it
Stable genius didn't think of that beforehand? Aw shucks, maybe this whole 5th Amendment thing exists for a legitimate reason. Who could have possibly imagined

Pleading the fifth is absolutely admitting that being truthful will incriminate you. That's literally what you are saying.
Or its saying i won't cooperate with people who lie, cheat and steal to get their way (Russian Collusion, impeachment scams on and on and on.) Why would one cooperate with that? Its far from and admission of guilt and more of a **** you, you are corrupt and im not helping or cooperating with you in any way.

Or its saying i won't cooperate with people who lie, cheat and steal to get their way (Russian Collusion, impeachment scams on and on and on.) Why would one cooperate with that? Its far from and admission of guilt and more of a **** you, you are corrupt and im not helping or cooperating with you in any way.

Or just say what you did or didn't do. Is there anything about Donald Trump that you don't like? You guys will defend that scumbag to death and he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

Or just say what you did or didn't do. Is there anything about Donald Trump that you don't like? You guys will defend that scumbag to death and he wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire.

I like that he isn't beholden to a bunch of dishonest, lying, scumbag politicians.

But yes, there are several things I don't like about him, like his childishness and abrasiveness, however, he will get my vote because of the way he has been treated by the government.

No one deserves to be treated the way he has been treated.

I like that he isn't beholden to a bunch of dishonest, lying, scumbag politicians.

But yes, there are several things I don't like about him, like his childishness and abrasiveness, however, he will get my vote because of the way he has been treated by the government.

No one deserves to be treated the way he has been treated.

How do you feel about his lifetime of mistreating people. Maybe he's been treated as he has been because he's a complete and total scumbag who is kind of an idiot.

Pleading the fifth is absolutely admitting that being truthful will incriminate you. That's literally what you are saying.
Actually, it's not.

When it's your own ass on the line, you do what serves best to keep you out of jail - guilty or innocent. In Trump's case, it is obvious that nobody is concerned with his guilt or innocence. They just want to 'get' him for political gain.

I'm not saying he's innocent by any means. But IMO he is facing a stacked deck.

Also, pleading the fifth has to frustrate the hell out of his opposition. And he loves to do that.

This is absolutely not true. It can be true. It can not be true. Tell me something, do you hold this view unilaterally or is it selectively applied based on your opinion of the person being questioned? Maybe youd like some examples of who youre also assuming would have incriminated themselves…itll be a fun game i promise

Actually, it's not.

When it's your own ass on the line, you do what serves best to keep you out of jail - guilty or innocent. In Trump's case, it is obvious that nobody is concerned with his guilt or innocence. They just want to 'get' him for political gain.

I'm not saying he's innocent by any means. But IMO he is facing a stacked deck.

Also, pleading the fifth has to frustrate the hell out of his opposition. And he loves to do that.
I'm 100% on board with someone pleading the 5th.

It's just funny to me that Trump sure talks a tough game when it's someone else's ass on the line or someone else's fault. And his supporters eat that up. But when it's actually Trump's ass on the line, he's going to look after it and blame anyone and everyone he can. And his supporters eat that up too. Tough on others, easy on himself.

Anyone remember when he made fun of Obama playing golf and then said how he wouldn't have time for golf and would always be in the White House working if he were President? And of course he HIMSELF played more golf and spent more time away from the White House than anyone else before him AND he actually put a golf simulator in the White House.

The rules don't apply to Trump. Trump doesn't think so and neither do his supporters. IF this search of his residence DOES turn up classified material that he refused to turn over. His supporters will defend that too. He is above the law.

I'm 100% on board with someone pleading the 5th.

It's just funny to me that Trump sure talks a tough game when it's someone else's ass on the line or someone else's fault. And his supporters eat that up. But when it's actually Trump's ass on the line, he's going to look after it and blame anyone and everyone he can. And his supporters eat that up too. Tough on others, easy on himself.

Anyone remember when he made fun of Obama playing golf and then said how he wouldn't have time for golf and would always be in the White House working if he were President? And of course he HIMSELF played more golf and spent more time away from the White House than anyone else before him AND he actually put a golf simulator in the White House.

The rules don't apply to Trump. Trump doesn't think so and neither do his supporters. IF this search of his residence DOES turn up classified material that he refused to turn over. His supporters will defend that too. He is above the law.

This was my point. I have no issue with the 5th amendment, just pointing out the ridiculous hypocrisy.

This is absolutely not true. It can be true. It can not be true. Tell me something, do you hold this view unilaterally or is it selectively applied based on your opinion of the person being questioned? Maybe youd like some examples of who youre also assuming would have incriminated themselves…itll be a fun game i promise

I have no issue with someone taking the 5th, just pointing out another in the loooong list of hypocritical Donald Trump statements.

Interesting you point that out considering the headline states that he is actually still serving his sentence (probation) for what he was charged with.
Point was that he was reinstated both full stop and before he completed his sentence, but you understood that I suspect.

How do you feel about his lifetime of mistreating people. Maybe he's been treated as he has been because he's a complete and total scumbag who is kind of an idiot.
This right here says A LOT and its how I think the election was won. More people hate Trump than like Biden. (hot take I know) That's the whole crux of the argument.
They (meaning never-trumpers) want to focus what all they think he has done in his personal life that I agree, probably reeks! Trump came in office and was not one of them and he came in, guns blazing and did not follow should I say, "the typical political rules".
I remember back in the day when some of my dem friends just wanted someone in office that was not a career politician and wanted to do things for the people! Somehow the left has lost its way from that time and now just because they hate a person so damn much, we have become split and we'd rather see half of us fail more than all of us thrive!
Like I have said numerous times, I did not vote for Trump, nor Biden, but I was impressed with Trumps administration and most of his policies, but hated his character and look at me attitude.
I believe what @yoshi121374 said there at the end, is true "...kind of an idiot". He is an idiot!
He had a great thing going and basically self-imploded, but he was also not allowed to do his job from day UNO!
They HATE Trump, he is not them and they are out to F him! The left has soaked this up because they hate him to as a person, but I bet they liked the low gas prices, giving middle finger to China, and a their 401k figure.
I did not like Trump as a person, but I did like his policy!
I like Biden (in most respects) but I hate his policy and look at this country now!

Last edited:
Point was that he was reinstated both full stop and before he completed his sentence, but you understood that I suspect.
Point was he was being held accountable for what he was convicted of. The DC Bar is an independent non profit (non government) organization who can operate in anyway they see fit. You didn't understand that I suspect.

I imagine there are plenty of people on this board with criminal records. Cris allowing them to avoid ban island does not mean these folks were not held accountable.

This right here says A LOT and its how I think the election was won. More people hate Trump than like Biden. (hot take I know) That's the whole crux of argument.
They (meaning never-trumpers) want to focus what all they think he has done in his personal life that I agree, probably reeks! He was not one of them and he came in, guns blazing and did not follow should I say, "the typical political rules".
I remember back in the day when some of my dem friends just wanted someone in office that was not a career politician and wanted to do things for the people! Somehow the left has lost its way from that time and now just because they hate a person so damn much, we have become split and we'd rather see half of us fail more than all of us thrive!
Like I have said numerous times, I did not vote for Trump, nor Biden, but I was impressed with Trumps administration and most of his policies, but hated his character and look at me attitude.
I believe what @yoshi121374 said there at the end "...kind of an idiot". He is an idiot!
He had a great thing going and basically self-imploded, but he was also not allowed to do his job from day UNO!
They HATE Trump, he is not them and they are out to F him! The left has soaked this up because they hate him to as a person, but I bet they liked the low gas prices, giving middle finger to China, and a their 401k figure.
I did not like Trump as a person, but I did like his policy!
I like Biden (in most respects) but I hate his policy and look at this country now!
the difference is you think we can thrive when we're lead by a fascist. some people don't subscribe to that.

do you feel the same way about how the right has treated the clintons since the 90s?

Yes. I do. I dont think the government powers should be able to illegaly spy on citizens using false pretenses. I am for limited government power. This is not a partisan issue for me, if it happened to Clinton is is absolutely wrong and shows an abuse of power by the government and those in governmental positions.

Trump exposed the deep state. They got busted illegally spying on him. If it happened to Clinton its even more of a reason to abolish the agency and start fresh with new rules that will hold those in power accountable for their actions.

the difference is you think we can thrive when we're lead by a fascist. some people don't subscribe to that.
Where did you see him as fascist? I to saw him as a person who would not necessarily take blame and I don't like that in a person, but a fascist?

I have no issue with someone taking the 5th, just pointing out another in the loooong list of hypocritical Donald Trump statements.
I mean i havent seen anyone out there holding him up as a model of dignified behavior. So not sure what win there is in that, everyone in dc has a looooong list of hypocritical statements. Wed never reach the end if we listed em all out.

Unfortunately his flaws have been dwarfed in grandiose scale by the measures taken to destroy him. The weaponization of the justice dept in coordination with federal agencies to target him repeatedly with lies or nonsense has destroyed what govt and media credibility remained, save for a shrinking group of extreme loyalists. And in the end it just increases his influence every because they keep proving him right.

Yes. I do. I dont think the government powers should be able to illegaly spy on citizens using false pretenses. I am for limited government power. This is not a partisan issue for me, if it happened to Clinton is is absolutely wrong and shows an abuse of power by the government and those in governmental positions.

Trump exposed the deep state. They got busted illegally spying on him. If it happened to Clinton its even more of a reason to abolish the agency and start fresh with new rules that will hold tho

I mean i havent seen anyone out there holding him up as a model of dignified behavior. So not sure what win there is in that, everyone in dc has a looooong list of hypocritical statements. Wed never reach the end if we listed em all out.

Unfortunately his flaws have been dwarfed in grandiose scale by the measures taken to destroy him. The weaponization of the justice dept in coordination with federal agencies to target him repeatedly with lies or nonsense has destroyed what govt and media credibility remained, save for a shrinking group of extreme loyalists. And in the end it just increases his influence every because they keep proving him right.

And you keep excusing Trump and believing all of these people including many he hired are out to get him. Maybe, just maybe, he did so mething wrong. You'll never get Trump to admit that he did something wrong. He literally said in his book to never do that.

Reactions: IMBlessed

I've just come to conclusion that all politicians, majority of Hollywood and those with any amount of fame is a POS.

And you keep excusing Trump and believing all of these people including many he hired are out to get him. Maybe, just maybe, he did so mething wrong. You'll never get Trump to admit that he did something wrong. He literally said in his book to never do that.

Maybe he did. But are we just going to ignore all the wrong performed against him? At what point is one allowed to stand up against the wrong? You have been illegally spied on, illegally investigated among many other wrongs.

The government, and other bad actors, are like the little boy that cried wolf at this point. No one believes them anymore because of all the past lies.

So once Trump is allowed to carry out his presidency unimpeded by the bad actors and / or people are held accountable for their illegal actions, I don't want to hear about Trump.

Its not just "yeah we spied on you, ran interference against you .... but we are all straight now, right?"

Nah, **** off.

Maybe he did. But are we just going to ignore all the wrong performed against him? At what point is one allowed to stand up against the wrong? You have been illegally spied on, illegally investigated among many other wrongs.

The government, and other bad actors, are like the little boy that cried wolf at this point. No one believes them anymore because of all the past lies.

So once Trump is allowed to carry out his presidency unimpeded by the bad actors and / or people are held accountable for their illegal actions, I don't want to hear about Trump.

Its not just "yeah we spied on you, ran interference against you .... but we are all straight now, right?"

Nah, **** off.

So he doesn't have to follow the law,but everyone else does... Got it... That seems fair.

Reactions: IMBlessed

Nah, **** off.
This is their MO.
Don't look at what we did, look at what you did.!
If Trump did something and is guilty, throw him under the jail. Don't like him personally.

They cannot let him go and afraid of him and most likely his following. They don't want the people of the USA to have a say. They will work tirelessly to corrupt the political system in any fashion possible and call it numerous names.
Its why I believe someone else is out there that will make this GOP nomination very interesting. meanwhile they will try and deflect the conversation to Trump. That's a mistake from them, IMO!

So he doesn't have to follow the law,but everyone else does... Got it... That seems fair.
So you agree that the what the left did was lawful and the best thing to do for the country?
To name a few:
  • Trump is a long-time Russian agent, as described in the Steele dossier.
  • The Russians gave Trump advance access to emails stolen from the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign.
  • The Trump campaign based some of its activities on these stolen documents.
  • Trump received nefarious materials from the Russians through a Trump Campaign aide.
  • Trump laundered Russian money through real estate deals.
  • Trump was blackmailed by Russia through his financial exposure with Deutsche Bank.
  • Trump had a diabolical plan to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.
  • Trump changed the Republican National Committee platform to hurt Ukraine and benefit Russia.
  • The Russians laundered money through the NRA for the Trump campaign.
  • Trump’s son in law lied about his Russian contacts while obtaining his security clearance.

Point was he was being held accountable for what he was convicted of. The DC Bar is an independent non profit (non government) organization who can operate in anyway they see fit. You didn't understand that I suspect.

I imagine there are plenty of people on this board with criminal records. Cris allowing them to avoid ban island does not mean these folks were not held accountable.
This is a pay for use site and no one here is being held to moral code/ethics, much like an FBI attorney should. He plead guilty to forging an illegitimate document to falsely impeach a president and shouldn't be allowed to ever step foot in a court room again as a licensed attorney, which is the standard outcome for similar crimes by other attorneys. Why do you think he's been given preferable treatment? Why aren't you angry that he's been given preferable treatment? I mean, he helped support an attempted coup and you're here comparing him to people that get temporarily banned from a football chat board?

You should demand better from people that are paid for by our tax dollars.

Reactions: tuckertiger
What law has he been found guilty of breaking? I see lots and lots of attempts to find a law that he broke but I haven't seen him arrested and I still haven't seen any real evidence from this Jan 6th debacle that would hold up in cross-examination.

This is the baseline point almost everyone on here has been trying to make. Just because he's a bumbling d*ck head of a human being, with an ego problem doesn't make him guilty of an actual crime. It just makes him unlikable.

Once he's actually prosecuted, has his day in court and is found guilty by a jury of his peers, you can come back on here and blast out "I told you so's" but until then, he's an innocent ex-president and quite possibly your future president that still hasn't been found guilty of an actual crime.

ADVERTISEMENT