ADVERTISEMENT

HOLY SHVT, MARIA TAYLOR JUST SAID THAT IF TONY ELLIOT WERE WHITE

Likely, although he came from the Saint’s organization and was very well thought of there. Had he stayed at LSU another year or two and continued to have the same success, he would have had a chance somewhere I would think.

One difference between him and TE is that TE stepped into a situation where the machine was working well and he and JS just tweaked it to try and make it better.

Brady took an offense that was stuck in the stone ages and radically changed it in one offseason. And he did it with a QB who had shown nothing up to that point in his career. What he did was really shocking in retrospect.
It was shocking, and I agree that he would have had an opportunity for a HC position with a little more experience. Perhaps the fact that he will be turning 31 in a month and like I said his overall lack of experience. Here is his coaching experience to this point:

As coach:

I finally understand Daniel Rodriguez’s plan. There is about to be a huge push for hispanic head coaches.

As far as Maria. Why didnt she even try to hang out with Trevor before he got engaged. Mew mew.

and I guess we also need 50% female head coaches as well.
Can you imagine the bulldikes that will be roaming the sidelines.

Well look at the number of black head coaches in D1 football. Is there a major discrepancy considering the % of black players out there? Yes there is. And I do realize the TE would be a HC if he felt he was totally ready previously which Taylor probably has no idea about.
So it's racist when the vast majority of coaches are white, but it's perfectly fine when the vast majority of the players are black??

cd467a76165046ffa73a30e78e24e644.gif

Willie Taggart could have been Obama’s son.
We never had a POTUS who understood what being a black man in America was like so I understood where he was coming from with that comment. He made other comments where he jumped the gun so to speak and should have waited to gather all the facts before commenting IMO.

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
So it's racist when the vast majority of coaches are white, but it's perfectly fine when the vast majority of the players are black??

cd467a76165046ffa73a30e78e24e644.gif
I don't even know why I am responding to you but ... do you believe that the hiring practices of college football programs have been totally fair and balanced with no discrimination in regards to minority hiring practices for head coaching positions?

You know it's hard to take you seriously. Never know when you are trolling, being serious, or kidding.

Answer these two questions: Do you think that there are still some programs that discriminate in regards to the head coaching position at their school? Do you believe that there is no need to increase the opportunities for black coaches to interview for HC positons in D1 football (in other words is the status quo ok with you)?

Please explain the status quo to me.

It doesn’t matter to be honest. We hear that there aren’t enough black players in baseball anymore. I guess that’s systemically set up too. Again, guess I missed it at the last white man meeting.

I don't even know why I am responding to you but ... do you believe that the hiring practices of college football programs have been totally fair and balanced with no discrimination in regards to minority hiring practices for head coaching positions?

Are there any specific situations you are referring to?

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Please explain the status quo to me.

It doesn’t matter to be honest. We hear that there aren’t enough black players in baseball anymore. I guess that’s systemically set up too. Again, guess I missed it at the last white man meeting.
No point in having a serious discussion with you. Carry on.

Are there any specific situations you are referring to?
Nothing specific. Minority hiring practices for HC have improved over the past 20 years, but they really had nowhere to go but up from where it was at one time. There are still only two black HC's out of the SEC (1), ACC (1), and Big 12 (0).

Do you believe that the hiring practices of college football programs have been totally fair and balanced with no discrimination in regards to minority hiring practices for head coaching positions?

Would you like a college version of the Rooney Rule? Perfectly fine if your answer is “yes”, but then I’d have to ask: do you think the Rooney Rule is effective at putting minorities in leadership positions In the NFL?

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
You NAILED it! How can 92% of black people believe the crap the left peddles to them.
So unless 100% of Black People think as you do We Are Oppressed?
So unless 100% of Black People Do Not Accept Your Version Of America, We Are Oppressed?
So unless 100% of Black People Do Not Accept Your Version Of MAGA, We Are Oppressed?
So unless 100% of Black People Do Not Accept Your Version Of Brionna Taylor Murder, We Are Oppressed?
So unless 100% of Black People Do Not Accept Your Version Of America...?
We Would Still Be Your Slaves!

Thank God I Am A 92% Of Black People That Will Not Accept The Crap You Peddle! The Right, The Evangelicial, The Left; Heck No, Black Americans Be It 92%, 100% Are Not A Category! We Are Free Thinking People & As Such Do Not Accept Your Version Of Us Or America! Since “YOU” Lack Understanding, Read A Book Or Ask A Free Thinking Black Person! I know, MAGA, Right!

Reactions: CU1TruTiger4Life
Nothing specific. Minority hiring practices for HC have improved over the past 20 years, but they really had nowhere to go but up from where it was at one time. There are still only two black HC's out of the SEC (1), ACC (1), and Big 12 (0).

Well, FSU did try.... maybe too hard.

Tony Elliott will make a great HBC one day because of his character and his decision to study and develop under a great leader. Tony is made of the right stuff and I think he can lead men. He could have already had a head coaching position if he thought it was right for Tony. He is smarter than the average bear (and Maria Taylor).

Being a head coach is a different skillset than what it takes to be a good player. It’s a different skillset than being a good coordinator. You can be a good player or technician without being a good leader, manager, visionary and CEO. Most players are not. Most people are not.

Likewise, the best technical minds that make great tech companies go, are horrible leaders and managers. TRUTH.

Last edited:
There is no doubt that race is a factor in hiring at some D1 schools. It has definitely gotten better and progress has been made, but there still is a long way to go. Here is an article on the subject matter:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/college-football-doesnt-give-black-coaches-many-chances/
I just don't buy the fact that racism is a significant reason there are not more black D1 coaches. I think it is more likely that there is a smaller pool of qualified black candidates. Maybe that has to do with race somewhere lower down the food chain where black coaches are not given the opportunity at lower levels and don't develop some of the skills needed to run a program, I really don't know. I think we are seeing more and more that being a successful D1 coach is as much about, or more, about management than it is about x/o knowledge. If there are less black candidates that have been given the opportunity to manage a program at lower levels, it would shrink the candidate pool of coaches qualified to do it at the D1 level. Also, I am sure there are isolated cases where there are AD's who are racist, that is just a fact. There are racist people in every occupation that exists. To think they don't exist in AD's is ignorant. I am not arguing that the percentage of black head coaches is not too small, I just don't think race is the reason at the D1 level. Too much pressure to win at that level to be bypassing the best candidate because he is black.

Tired of what? You have been oppressing people since 1619. Now blacks are asserting themselves for the first time in history and you are tired already.

I wasn’t around in 1619. And, first time in history? Seems like you’re overlooking and denigrating some pretty important people and events in American history. In fact, placing the rioting and looting of the present above events like the Greensboro sit ins or MLK’s March on Washington seems downright disrespectful.

I would venture to bet most ADs are white males. Coaching landscape is changing and more coaches are getting opportunities but the decision makers need to be more diverse, imho, if you want more diverse decisions. Look at Euro soccer. Almost 0 POC coaches in the EPL. Coaches need opportunities.

Washington hired Jason Wright. Hiring black decision makers will lead to more black coaches.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
The question is, how many African American assistants get interviewed and passed over by less qualified Non-African American candidates? If the number is disproportionate then there is a problem with the hiring process. If it isn't then the argument is moot.

The bottom line is there are not 5 head coaching jobs above the one he has right now. Probably didn't hurt that he saw Chad Morris go out and check the waters only to end back up at Auburn coaching offense. And being a Coordinator only means you have to coach 1/2 of the players and not the entire team. I am sure if an opportunity pops up to his liking he will interview and maybe even take it. But i don't blame him 1 bit for staying at your alma mater, being ranked in the top 3 in the nation every year, and not having to rebuild to go losing program.

The question is, how many African American assistants get interviewed and passed over by less qualified Non-African American candidates? If the number is disproportionate then there is a problem with the hiring process. If it isn't then the argument is moot.

Who defines qualifications? In 2008, Lovie Smith and Charlie Strong were more qualified than Dabo for the Clemson job.

So Tony hasn’t declined the opportunity to pursue any HC job?

jesus christ

tony elliot is playing 3d chess when choosing a HC job like jeff scott did

he is playing the freaking game to maximize his value as well as stability and long term outlook

nothing to do with racism

maria taylor is making up a lie to get clicks or she is a racist herself

No point in having a serious discussion with you. Carry on.

????

Do I think schools systematically refuse to hire a coach based on skin color? No

Do I think there should be some kind of rule put in place that says you have to interview a specific person who fits the race criteria? No.

I find it ironic that Tony was hired by Dabo and promoted by Dabo without really having the experience or credentials for the job at the time. So not only was Tony not discriminated against here at Clemson (not the subject, I know that), but he actually rose faster than 99% of white coaches with his same credentials. I don’t know the percentage but the point is made that Tony’s progression has far outpaced the norm.

Why not focus on Tony as an example of a huge success story of a young, smart, black man who beat the odds and helped elevate a relatively small southern school to the top of college football? Or mention that his salary is one of the highest in the country at his position? That doesn’t fit the narrative either I guess..

And focus on the fact that Tony is deliberate and patient and doesn’t really throw himself out there for head coaching jobs. He has said he’d rather build his resume and gain experience and when the right opportunity comes then he’ll look at it.

But because he’s black, another media liberal has a microphone and molds an opposite narrative to the truth so all the emotional-reacting-liberals can jump on the runaway train and claim racism.

And anybody that questions the facts or knows the truth must be racist, right? THAT is what is complete bullshit with what’s going on with this entire movement right now and it really sucks for non-racist people of all colors and the future of our country which is actually being divided further and is not coming together.

Last edited:

what happens when white assistants get interviewed and passed over by less qualified african americans in the name of diversity?

So why didn’t Joe Brady have every school knocking at his door after having the best statistical season in history?
Oh yea? Wait?

Are you saying CTE and Joe Brady are equally competent, and they only difference is the color of their skin?

What the world needs is for someone like TE to respond and say I have had several head coaching jobs and I didn’t want to leave where I was.

Then make a comment on how shitty of a reporter she is by talking about something without any facts

If Tony doesn’t speak up then he is part of the problem.

These people need to be called out on this BS

I find it ironic that Tony was hired by Dabo and promoted by Dabo without really having the experience or credentials for the job at the time. So not only was Tony not discriminated against here at Clemson (not the subject, I know that), but he actually rose faster than 99% of white coaches with his same credentials. I don’t know the percentage but the point is made that Tony’s progression has far outpaced the norm.

Why not focus on Tony as an example of a huge success story of a young, smart, black man who beat the odds and helped elevate a relatively small southern school to the top of college football? Or mention that his salary is one of the highest in the country at his position? That doesn’t fit the narrative either I guess..

And focus on the fact that Tony is deliberate and patient and doesn’t really throw himself out there for head coaching jobs. He has said he’d rather build his resume and gain experience and when the right opportunity comes then he’ll look at it.

But because he’s black, another media liberal has a microphone and molds an opposite narrative to the truth so all the emotional-reacting-liberals can jump on the runaway train and claim racism.

And anybody that questions the facts or knows the truth must be racist, right? THAT is what is complete bullshit with what’s going on with this entire movement right now and it really sucks for non-racist people of all colors and the future of our country which is actually being divided further and is not coming together.
Great post and your last point nails it. What’s happening right now is breeding more division and racism and people in this country are too ignorant to see it and ignore those fanning the flames.

Reactions: CU1TruTiger4Life
I'm in no way saying her comments about Tony are accurate, but to your point only 13 of 130 head coaches in D1 football are black.
I'll bite. The African American population makes up 13% of the USA population. Based purely on statistics if all things were equal there would be 17 black coaches instead of 13. So while 13 is lower than it should be to reach nirvana, it isn't that far off..... again the media pushing false narratives.

Reactions: harristeeter
I'll bite. The African American population makes up 13% of the USA population. Based purely on statistics if all things were equal there would be 17 black coaches instead of 13. So while 13 is lower than it should be to reach nirvana, it isn't that far off..... again the media pushing false narratives.
I shared a fact, nothing more nothing less. I get your point, but it isn't relevant in this case. How many women are college football coaches? Ok, we just took over 50% of your sample out of the equation. IMO, you have to look at the composition of players to draw relevant comparisons to the coaching demographic. My opinion isn't informed by media narrative, it is formed by what I see and data.

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
Well look at the number of black head coaches in D1 football. Is there a major discrepancy considering the % of black players out there? Yes there is. And I do realize the TE would be a HC if he felt he was totally ready previously which Taylor probably has no idea about.

Well look at the number of black NBA players. Is there a major discrepancy considering the % of white players out there? Yes there is.

But that doesn't bother anyone does it? How about hire the right guy regardless of the color of his skin either way.

I mean it’s extremely simple. I’m sorry you’re not there yet.

the majority of NBA players and college football players are black.

the majority of NBA players and college football coaches either played the sport at the level they are coaching or close to it.

the majority of NBA and college football coaches are white.

so the translation from one percentage to the other doesn’t compute.
You're trying to make an argument that just isn't true and doesn't work in reality. Coaching and playing a sport at a high level take completely different skill sets and being good at one doesn't automatically make you good at the other. As a matter of fact there are way too many former players who get head coaching opportunities solely based on their playing careers and fail miserably. As for racism, the only color schools or pro leagues care about when making hiring decisions these days is green. Win games which leads to revenue generation and you'll have a head coaching job. Trying to make an argument against this is only pushing a personal narrative or just willfully ignorant.

Reactions: tigerGUY
ADVERTISEMENT