ADVERTISEMENT

Hospitalizations up over 30% & Positive test rate up to 21%

Question I have is how the fvck DHEC is calculating their % positive based off the previous day’s test numbers. However the large percentage of people aren’t receiving results that quickly. Most are still in the 2-5 day range.

Reactions: tigergrad03
And if my liberty is the result of my death then let me die! Because without it we all might as well be dead. There’s a difference in living and existing. And WE will not live on our knees unless it’s praying to JESUS! So you can have your trade off.
go for it. would save a lot of lives in the long run

go for it. would save a lot of lives in the long run
You’re right. When SHTF starts it most certainly would save a lot of lives. When brain dead idiots like you attempt to break into my home or attack me in my vehicle or elsewhere because you weren’t prepared.......

Reactions: scartiger
what about "cases on the rise in south carolina" is "letting politics paralyze us"?

you think dems in south carolina want everyone to stay home so that dems can take over the state? thats what you think is happening right now?

Yes, pretty much.

Actually, our liberty is what's making this more difficult than it has to be. The focus on individual liberty vs collective well being is what distinguishes our experience from what we've seen in- for example- the Asian countries. It's a trade off. But, it may not be "Give me liberty or give me death." It may instead be "Your liberty will be your death- and cause others to get sick." Like I said- it's a tradeoff. We'll know in a year or so who was right/wrong. So far, our approach seems to be among the worst & least effective.

So far you have zero clue as to whose reporting and testing is even remotely accurate.

You’re right. When SHTF starts it most certainly would save a lot of lives. When brain dead idiots like you attempt to break into my home or attack me in my vehicle or elsewhere because you weren’t prepared.......
heh, i wouldn't bet on that.

So far you have zero clue as to whose reporting and testing is even remotely accurate.

Me in particular? Or all of us...?

One of the most difficult aspects of this situation is not knowing where we are and not having what seems like reliable data. It's one of the major weaknesses of our dis-integrated healthcare system of systems and another example of how we don't get much value for our healthcare spend.

Question I have is how the fvck DHEC is calculating their % positive based off the previous day’s test numbers. However the large percentage of people aren’t receiving results that quickly. Most are still in the 2-5 day range.

I had the same question and settled on this answer: Of the test results available today, X% were positive.

We've reached the Wachovia parking lot moment of this discussion.
i've tried. he's too much of an adult for it. he'll keep threatening though. i really want to drive by a wachovia video taping an old man having a heart attack with anxiety

Totally agree. We do nothing collectively about the 45%. It's always talked about but never actually addressed.

Americans can't accept eating like shit and not exercising is detrimental to the human body.

It's sad yet pisses me off.

Stems from parenting. Stop being lazy slobs and feeding your kids garbage.
When 90% of the items in a grocery store aren’t actual nutritious food, it gets kinda tough.

We have to hold our food producers feet to the fire and completely change how the country consumes “food”.

Lazy parenting and consumers are a problem. Trying my best on this end...just convinced my 6 year old lunchables are evil...it’s a start.

I have heard the same thing from many health professionals. This is not taxing the healthcare system at the moment.
Wife works for Atrium...definitely taxing the hospital system.

I read it and it doesn't nice at all with the protests I saw with my own two eyes. Mobs of people are mobs of people whether in a bar or protesting the cops
You people are constantly talking out of both sides of your mouth...which is it? Is COVID-19 not an issue if you're outside and not wearing a mask or even inside at a bar drinking or at a restaurant chewing with your fat mouths open and thus you should be able to do as you please or are you blaming the increased numbers on protests that occurred outdoors, often with people wearing masks and at times spread apart? I get that most of you COVID-deniers don't believe masks work but I can vouch for a lot of what I saw in NYC either in person (though I didn't participate, no time for that anyway) or through countless clips...most people were wearing masks. There were a lot of bike protests too where they were plenty spread out.

IF wearing masks and social distancing helps, and I tend to believe it does as do most people who can look at this objectively (or at least that they can't hurt you unlike what's become another rallying cry for imbeciles), that could very well have helped to keep the numbers at bay...at least in NYC. The protests have been going on for longer than 2 weeks and there haven't been any significant spikes here because for the most part, even though there are plenty of idiots who do what they want, NYers have acknowledged the situation and followed guidelines. It's pretty telling that where we currently stand is much better in comparison and now we're keeping you yokels out.

any more idle threats bitch?
I’m not threatening. That’s for children. If I were going to waste time on you, you wouldn’t know it. And no ones gonna have a heart attack or be all anxious unless it’s you. And you definitely aren’t worth going to jail over. I’m saving my efforts for much bigger fish. Go back to your fish bowl little fishy.

I’m not threatening. That’s for children. If I were going to waste time on you, you wouldn’t know it. And no ones gonna have a heart attack or be all anxious unless it’s you. And you definitely aren’t worth going to jail over. I’m saving my efforts for much bigger fish. Go back to your fish bowl little fishy.
pretty sure that's Ephesians that talks about threatening people on the internet. good work.

also, not knowing what a threat is doesn't bode well for your ability to read.

Don’t forgot that hospitals are loosely labeling many patients “Covid” that aren’t confirmed for financial purposes only.
Wait wait wait, we have been told that doctors don't do anything like that for money and would loose their license immediately if they did. Clown horn, honk honk......

To add to these facts... the hospital I work at in the upstate has ICUs beyond capacity, same with ED and now has canceled all elective surgery again. We have gone in the wrong direction.

and which hospital is this? Hell our hospital is no longer even pre-screening for Covid before electives.

pretty sure that's Ephesians that talks about threatening people on the internet. good work.

also, not knowing what a threat is doesn't bode well for your ability to read.
LOL! Like I said you’re not worth my time and definitely not worth having a record. I do sometimes enjoy this back and forth for a good laugh. But now I’m getting sick of you showing up everywhere just to start something. So consider this our final goodbye. I won’t be able to see your little comments to start shit moving forward.

When 90% of the items in a grocery store aren’t actual nutritious food, it gets kinda tough.

We have to hold our food producers feet to the fire and completely change how the country consumes “food”.

Lazy parenting and consumers are a problem. Trying my best on this end...just convinced my 6 year old lunchables are evil...it’s a start.
Keep fighting the good fight. I just told my 3 year old ice cream is a no go if she can’t eat veggies. She melted. Haha

Reactions: TICrack
LOL! Like I said you’re not worth my time and definitely not worth having a record. I do sometimes enjoy this back and forth for a good laugh. But now I’m getting sick of you showing up everywhere just to start something. So consider this our final goodbye. I won’t be able to see your little comments to start shit moving forward.
snowflake

Actually, our liberty is what's making this more difficult than it has to be. The focus on individual liberty vs collective well being is what distinguishes our experience from what we've seen in- for example- the Asian countries. It's a trade off. But, it may not be "Give me liberty or give me death." It may instead be "Your liberty will be your death- and cause others to get sick." Like I said- it's a tradeoff. We'll know in a year or so who was right/wrong. So far, our approach seems to be among the worst & least effective.
Well said comrade, once the smoke clears from this you will receive extra rations for you and your family.

Reactions: metiger01
testing up.

more equipment such as ventilators, hospitals better prepared now

just a guess

I believe that most of the increase is in 18 to 30 year olds . percentage wise more in the younger categories testing positive should lower the death rate . Older , wiser people are wearing masks , distancing and washing hands and face more and not going out nearly as much . But that’s the way it should be given the risk factors . Wear a mask , distance , keep clean , watch where you go . Shouldn’t be that hard !

I believe that most of the increase is in 18 to 30 year olds . percentage wise more in the younger categories testing positive should lower the death rate . Older , wiser people are wearing masks , distancing and washing hands and face more and not going out nearly as much . But that’s the way it should be given the risk factors . Wear a mask , distance , keep clean , watch where you go . Shouldn’t be that hard !

Except hospitalizations are also going up. From 500 on June 8 to 1400 today. Death isn't the only negative outcome.

How many would you be satisfied with? Honest question.
Someone please explain how these numbers work (I didn’t post the video clip from WYFF but this sums it up):

WYFF reported 2 nights ago that the COVID 19 had hot spots in the Upstate. They related the hot spots to the cities and hospitals with the highest % of beds in use. AmMed of Anderson was singled out as the worse case in the state with 94.2% of beds/rooms in use. Most of our attention span doesn’t make it past this point.
But, they continued the story by interviewing the Anderson County Emergency Manager and asked him the reason for the spike. He went on to explain that 94 % only represented the rooms they currently make available due to supply and demand. In other words, AmMed may have 200 rooms, but they only staff 100 rooms and 94 of these rooms have patients in them. He said this helps them save money as they did not need to staff all rooms, but they could if needed. Now, we just went from 94.2% capacity to 47.1%.
Now it gets even better. He told WYFF that of the 94% of rooms in use, Only 6% were related to COVID.
Now, go back and read the beginning again. Tell me we are not witnessing a conspiracy to hype this virus.
For anyone doubting my accuracy, here is the response from AmMed after the 94% beds full report.

Probably.. its known that 4 million cell phone numbers went inactive during their lockdown and haven’t resumed use. Easily over a million died .
Not because they died, it’s because the got rid of their cell phones because they knew the government was watching everything they did

ADVERTISEMENT