ADVERTISEMENT

Hospitalizations up over 30% & Positive test rate up to 21%

Someone please explain how these numbers work:

WYFF reported 2 nights ago that the COVID 19 had hot spots in the Upstate. They related the hot spots to the cities and hospitals with the highest % of beds in use. AmMed of Anderson was singled out as the worse case in the state with 94.2% of beds/rooms in use. Most of our attention span doesn’t make it past this point.
But, they continued the story by interviewing the Anderson County Emergency Manager and asked him the reason for the spike. He went on to explain that 94 % only represented the rooms they currently make available due to supply and demand. In other words, AmMed may have 200 rooms, but they only staff 100 rooms and 94 of these rooms have patients in them. He said this helps them save money as they did not need to staff all rooms, but they could if needed. Now, we just went from 94.2% capacity to 47.1%.
Now it gets even better. He told WYFF that of the 94% of rooms in use, Only 6% were related to COVID.
Now, go back and read the beginning again. Tell me we are not witnessing a conspiracy to hype this virus.
For anyone doubting my accuracy, here is the response from AmMed after the 94% beds full report.

The question had never really been about "how many med/surg beds are in a hospital". I don't know why the overall census/occupancy gets reported at all. In fact, hospitals have to run at/near capacity so they can make $$$. For the purposes of COVID19, the real issue is ICU capacity and room with negative pressure capability. Those are the capacities the media should be reporting on. But, most of them don't know enough to ask the right questions... But, even reporting on ICU capacity is deceiving. Many patients coming out of "big" surgeries will require at least one night in the ICU. To clear space in the ICU for COVID patients, they just cancel those surgeries (also not w/o consequences).

Someone please explain how these numbers work (I didn’t post the video clip from WYFF but this sums it up):

WYFF reported 2 nights ago that the COVID 19 had hot spots in the Upstate. They related the hot spots to the cities and hospitals with the highest % of beds in use. AmMed of Anderson was singled out as the worse case in the state with 94.2% of beds/rooms in use. Most of our attention span doesn’t make it past this point.
But, they continued the story by interviewing the Anderson County Emergency Manager and asked him the reason for the spike. He went on to explain that 94 % only represented the rooms they currently make available due to supply and demand. In other words, AmMed may have 200 rooms, but they only staff 100 rooms and 94 of these rooms have patients in them. He said this helps them save money as they did not need to staff all rooms, but they could if needed. Now, we just went from 94.2% capacity to 47.1%.
Now it gets even better. He told WYFF that of the 94% of rooms in use, Only 6% were related to COVID.
Now, go back and read the beginning again. Tell me we are not witnessing a conspiracy to hype this virus.
For anyone doubting my accuracy, here is the response from AmMed after the 94% beds full report.

Excellent

Someone please explain how these numbers work (I didn’t post the video clip from WYFF but this sums it up):

wow

Tell us more!!!!

So being lied to by the media is far fetched? Just curious.

I find this debate so strange. It began civilly but @iceheart08 made it semi political and then you piped in that Trump was an idiot in how he handled it.

so it is political. And anything anyone says to you, specifically, will fall on deaf ears. You’re convinced and anything outside of your opinion is irrational.

if I’m off base here, I apologize. I’m just trying to understand if replying to anything you post is a waste of time.

don’t take it personal. Because I like to have civil discussions on here.

Reactions: Extender
So being lied to by the media is far fetched? Just curious.

I find this debate so strange. It began civilly but @iceheart08 made it semi political and then you piped in that Trump was an idiot in how he handled it.

so it is political. And anything anyone says to you, specifically, will fall on deaf ears. You’re convinced and anything outside of your opinion is irrational.

if I’m off base here, I apologize. I’m just trying to understand if replying to anything you post is a waste of time.

don’t take it personal. Because I like to have civil discussions on here.

I didn't make it political... Dude quoted trump. I called that out. That's on him not me.

I didn't make it political... Dude quoted trump. I called that out. That's on him not me.

Apologies.

But these threads are so predictable. If you’re right, you think it’s a political farce. If you’re left, you think this virus could end the human race.

Apologies.

But these threads are so predictable. If you’re right, you think it’s a political farce. If you’re left, you think this virus could end the human race.

Both of those positions don't represent the mainstream in either party. Instead, you are hearing, primarily, from actual crazy people ITT (@jmh9713 , and @tigergrad03 ) who genuinely believe that trump is the only person in the world who can save us from child molesting liberals. And that corona is either, a virus that was actually created by fauci to destroy trump/America, or that Dems are taking advantage of the situation to destroy trump. Thosea are crazier than, "hey, maybe we should all wear masks and maintain social distancing".

Reactions: AustinTiger77
It is batshit insane that wearing a mask has become a partisan issue.

And it's clear that this thing is highly contagious in enclosed spaces. We know that. So we should take steps to mitigate that risk. What those steps are, I'm not sure, but I am sure every business in a given place shouldn't be shut down. But, literally nobody is advocating for that.

Both of those positions don't represent the mainstream in either party. Instead, you are hearing, primarily, from actual crazy people ITT (@jmh9713 , and @tigergrad03 ) who genuinely believe that trump is the only person in the world who can save us from child molesting liberals. And that corona is either, a virus that was actually created by fauci to destroy trump/America, or that Dems are taking advantage of the situation to destroy trump. Thosea are crazier than, "hey, maybe we should all wear masks and maintain social distancing".
On Jan. 31, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced that some non-U.S. citizens who had traveled to China in the prior two weeks were barred from entering the U.S. On that same day, former Vice President Joe Biden was addressing the coronavirus outbreak during a campaign rally in Iowa and said, "This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science."

I'd like to hear iceheart08 and AustinTiger'a response to that quote. It appears the Democrats would have handled it even worse.

We will see how hypocritical they are in their response.

Well, since you brought it up- it's worth pointing out that there's no evidence suggesting that the protests lead to a significant increase in cases. Instead, the increases correlate directly with the re-opening of bars/restaurants/retail establishments.
You just gave yourself away with that. You REALLY believe tens of thousands (if not millions) or people arm and arm yelling with spittle coming out of their mouths had no impact?

On Jan. 31, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar announced that some non-U.S. citizens who had traveled to China in the prior two weeks were barred from entering the U.S. On that same day, former Vice President Joe Biden was addressing the coronavirus outbreak during a campaign rally in Iowa and said, "This is no time for Donald Trump’s record of hysteria and xenophobia – hysterical xenophobia – and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science."

Beautiful

QUOTE="iceheart08, post: 3980609, member: 3640"]It is batshit insane that wearing a mask has become a partisan issue.

And it's clear that this thing is highly contagious in enclosed spaces. We know that. So we should take steps to mitigate that risk. What those steps are, I'm not sure, but I am sure every business in a given place shouldn't be shut down. But, literally nobody is advocating for that.[/QUOTE]

How many people are not wearing their masks properly? How many times have you seen people touching, pulling on them? I would guarantee the majority of wearers contaminate them and it will contribute to more cases. 90% of the damn masks are ineffective to start with and most people do not have the experience on how to wear them. My son just recovered from a positive test, I might have had it as well but didn't get tested. Isolated from work for 14 days, felt mildly sick for a few days. This is not a damn death sentence, the stats are skewed to fool the damn sheep.

It is batshit insane that wearing a mask has become a partisan issue.

And it's clear that this thing is highly contagious in enclosed spaces. We know that. So we should take steps to mitigate that risk. What those steps are, I'm not sure, but I am sure every business in a given place shouldn't be shut down. But, literally nobody is advocating for that.

do you believe Covid is spreading among public protests?

you’re taking the quote out of context:

Former Vice President Joe Biden hammered President Trump for cutting health programs amid an outbreak of the coronavirus that originated in China and has since spread to the U.S.

"We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus," Biden said in Iowa Friday. "This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria and xenophobia - hysterical xenophobia - and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science."

The former vice president accused the president of curtailing progress on global health oversight that was made during the Obama administration

do you believe Covid is spreading among public protests?

It probably is, likely among asymptomatic young people. But again, the real concern is being inside and how quickly and easily it spreads there.

Protestors should remain socially distant if possible. The same way people eating at restaurants should.

People should have masks on whenever possible. And the number of ****ing morons running around proclaiming junk science about masks is shocking. And guess what, it's not coming from my team.

Former Vice President Joe Biden hammered President Trump for cutting health programs amid an outbreak of the coronavirus that originated in China and has since spread to the U.S.

"We have, right now, a crisis with the coronavirus," Biden said in Iowa Friday. "This is no time for Donald Trump's record of hysteria and xenophobia - hysterical xenophobia - and fearmongering to lead the way instead of science."

The former vice president accused the president of curtailing progress on global health oversight that was made during the Obama administration

Goodness, look at you taking the quote out of context. Even Salon would try what you just did.

Well, since you brought it up- it's worth pointing out that there's no evidence suggesting that the protests lead to a significant increase in cases. Instead, the increases correlate directly with the re-opening of bars/restaurants/retail establishments.
Also, the outlets that tout "no evidence" that the protests had an impact on the spread of the virus, are the same outlets that are (UN)suprisingly mum on Desean Jackson's anti semitic remarks about the jews.

They passover his punk ass comments, yet freak the **** out when Dabo wears a football matters tshirt that he's worn for yrs.

I can live alongside liberals, but their hypocrisy is what pisses me off far more than anything. Always do as i say not what i do. They preach tolerance, as long as you agree with their view. If not, tear the shit down.

Last edited:
It probably is, likely among asymptomatic young people. But again, the real concern is being inside and how quickly and easily it spreads there.

Protestors should remain socially distant if possible. The same way people eating at restaurants should.

People should have masks on whenever possible. And the number of ****ing morons running around proclaiming junk science about masks is shocking. And guess what, it's not coming from my team.
Do you live in SC?

Also, the outlets that tout "no evidence" that the protests had an impact on the spread of the virus, are the same outlets that are (UN)suprisingly mum on Sean Jackson's anti semitic remarks about the jews.

They passover his punk ass to comments, yet freak the **** out when Dabo wears a football matters tshirt that he's worn for yrs.

I can live alongside liberals, but their hypocrisy is what pisses me off far more than anything. Always do as i say not what i do. They preach tolerance, as long as you agree with their view. If not, tear the shit down.

who’s Sean Jackson what does he have to do with COVID19 in South Carolina?

I was warming up to what you have said until you mentioned Biden. All politics aside, the guy isn’t all together in the head. He can barely form a complete sentence. You being in the medical field know something isn’t right. The Democrats have way more people much more qualified than Biden.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
Also, the outlets that tout "no evidence" that the protests had an impact on the spread of the virus, are the same outlets that are (UN)suprisingly mum on Sean Jackson's anti semitic remarks about the jews.

They passover his punk ass to comments, yet freak the **** out when Dabo wears a football matters tshirt that he's worn for yrs.

Funny, I was just sitting here speaking with my wife about this. People lost their jobs for posting on THEIR social media accounts ‘all lives matter’.

DeSean Jackson gets a free pass when quoting one of the most evil human beings to ever walk the planet.

This is my biggest problem with all of this. If you want equality, expect the same consequences across the board.

This type of hypocrisy causes more divide than unity.

If the truth makes one crazy I’m in

Funny, I was just sitting here speaking with my wife about this. People lost their jobs for posting on THEIR social media accounts ‘all lives matter’.

DeSean Jackson gets a free pass when quoting one of the most evil human beings to ever walk the planet.

This is my biggest problem with all of this. If you want equality, expect the same consequences across the board.

he should lose his job. saying sorry isnt enough.

This is so true. And it’s gone way past just saying things. Bottom line is they are eliminating all peaceful options. They want a revolution and at this point it becomes more and more likely by the day. When the food shortages come things will go to another level in 24 hours

Reactions: scartiger
Ok. If you or I said all lives matter at work should we lose our job?

saying all lives matter in the face of someone saying black lives matter, is, honestly, ****ing stupid.

but you are obviously not going to agree with me here.

So i would say this would be an entirely fact-specific inquiry. Does your idiocy make it harder to attract and retain black customers? Does it make my organization look bad? Are you a police officer?

since i found the article from CNN reporting on the "sean jackson" remarks, please find the article from CNN reporting on the shirt Dabo wore. This is the only one I found on page one of a google search for "Dabo Swinney" AND "football matters"

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/clemson-dabo-swinney-criticism-football-matters-shirt

so, here's your chance to prove me wrong.

i want to also say, if you are getting your news from CNN, MSNBC, OANN, or FOXNEWS you are absolutely doing it wrong. those are entertainment properties, not news. all of them.

saying all lives matter in the face of someone saying black lives matter, is, honestly, ****ing stupid.

but you are obviously not going to agree with me here.

So i would say this would be an entirely fact-specific inquiry. Does your idiocy make it harder to attract and retain black customers? Does it make my organization look bad? Are you a police officer?
Interesting. A black friend of mine called me and we talked twice a few days ago about this very thing. He stated as I did that all lives matter. And I would have no issue discussing it with a customer who was black, white, brown or even green. And if my company wanted to fire me for it then I shouldn’t be there to begin with.

ADVERTISEMENT