ADVERTISEMENT

How Qanon Spreads

okclem

Woodrush
Gold Member
Apr 2, 2007
Greenville, SC
This is probably the most interesting article I've read on the subject.

Tomorrow is going to be very tough psychologically for millions of people, who are also frankly victims of Trump's cruelty. I've been reading all kinds of stories about families and friendships being torn apart. I hope most of y'all find your way back to reality.

Tomorrow is going to be very tough psychologically for millions of people, who are also frankly victims of Trump's cruelty. I've been reading all kinds of stories about families and friendships being torn apart. I hope most of y'all find your way back to reality.

They have absolutely lost it. It's pretty remarkable to see the mental gymnastics these people are going through today.

Have seen claims that today is all CGI. That trump is only stepping down to form a new american government, and that there is a face swap that's happening, ala Face Off.

Amazing.

fJwAt1.jpg

Reactions: yoshi121374

Can't see the attachment but Qanon idiots deserve all the pain.

A lot of them do, but a lot of them deserve the opposite. They were brainwashed into a cult, and it can happen to almost anyone.
Disagree. The vast majority of human beings would not begin to believe such bullshit.

A lot of them do, but a lot of them deserve the opposite. They were brainwashed into a cult, and it can happen to almost anyone.

I never participate in politics on TI but this one has my attention. And I don't consider Qanon politics. It's a massive psychosis.

My otherwise very smart and capable mother inlaw has fallen under the spell of Q. At first we thought it was just extreme political views, but then it was undeniably Q.

She's been telling us for 2 weeks to put water in the bathtubs and come up with a filtration system. Store as much gas as possible and stores much food as possible. Martial law was and now STILL IS coming. Biden was not actually sworn in the other day and is not the president. The military will run the country until Trump is reinstated.

She's travelling south to see family before all hell breaks loose. She told us last night she's concerned military will have Atlanta shut down and will be running check points.

I mean ..... W T H?

How does ANYONE believe this stuff ?

My wife is very upset that she's "lost" her mother. Her bat sh*t crazy husband is just as bad. Both college educated and worked for 40 years, raised kids etc.

It's scary that it can happen to mostly normal people.

I’d be curious if anyone can ever put a total dollar figure on the amount of clicks generated and merchandise sold from all this nonsense.

I never participate in politics on TI but this one has my attention. And I don't consider Qanon politics. It's a massive psychosis.

My otherwise very smart and capable mother inlaw has fallen under the spell of Q. At first we thought it was just extreme political views, but then it was undeniably Q.

She's been telling us for 2 weeks to put water in the bathtubs and come up with a filtration system. Store as much gas as possible and stores much food as possible. Martial law was and now STILL IS coming. Biden was not actually sworn in the other day and is not the president. The military will run the country until Trump is reinstated.

She's travelling south to see family before all hell breaks loose. She told us last night she's concerned military will have Atlanta shut down and will be running check points.

I mean ..... W T H?

How does ANYONE believe this stuff ?

My wife is very upset that she's "lost" her mother. Her bat sh*t crazy husband is just as bad. Both college educated and worked for 40 years, raised kids etc.

It's scary that it can happen to mostly normal people.

I have experienced something very similar with my mother. She is college educated, pretty smart, and I really didn't see it starting.

She is 68 and that seems to be a common thing. I really think it starts through Social Media and the inability to separate actual news from truly fake news and Conspiracy. Also, women seem to be much more susceptible to groupthink. They seem more likely to parrot talking points that their girlfriends spout and less likely to disagree with the group. I use the #savethecildren movement that we saw a few months ago as an example. All of a sudden, many smart women were suddenly convinced that there was a suddenly, huge problem with child sex trafficking that was occurring. They couldn't explain why they felt this way, they were just retweeting and reposting away and getting more and more upset that "nobody cares about the children".

What's crazy, is that it's almost completely gone now. Hopefully they will come back to the real world soon.

My mother is finally showing some signs of normalcy now post election. She has started trying to post nothing but positive things since she realized that she was living in a very negative place. She isn't ready to admit that Biden won, but I think it's coming

I have experienced something very similar with my mother. She is college educated, pretty smart, and I really didn't see it starting.

She is 68 and that seems to be a common thing. I really think it starts through Social Media and the inability to separate actual news from truly fake news and Conspiracy. Also, women seem to be much more susceptible to groupthink. They seem more likely to parrot talking points that their girlfriends spout and less likely to disagree with the group. I use the #savethecildren movement that we saw a few months ago as an example. All of a sudden, many smart women were suddenly convinced that there was a suddenly, huge problem with child sex trafficking that was occurring. They couldn't explain why they felt this way, they were just retweeting and reposting away and getting more and more upset that "nobody cares about the children".

What's crazy, is that it's almost completely gone now. Hopefully they will come back to the real world soon.

My mother is finally showing some signs of normalcy now post election. She has started trying to post nothing but positive things since she realized that she was living in a very negative place. She isn't ready to admit that Biden won, but I think it's coming

I also know people that went down the rabbit hole and it was literally impossible to have a conversation with them. People that I knew previously to be generally left leaning, began foaming at the mouth and ranting about martial law, fraud and demon worshipping Democrats. Since the inauguration they won't speak to me. I'm fighting the impulse to mock them and decided to give them some space, in hopes they come back to reality on their own terms. I never imagined people could be so easily corrupted but that's one of the main things that enrages me about the effect Trump has had on this country. He has given them license to be batshit crazy and sadly, I think it will have lasting effects on their lives if they don't completely reject it.

Last edited:

I glad your mother is "coming back".
Social media is terrible. You hit it on the head. Group think.

My MIL is going further down the rabbit hole. There is no talking to them anymore. I asked them 2 years ago that we talk about literally anything other than politics. They were unable to then and now their crazy Q and politics obsession leaves them incapable of participating in anything resembling what the rest of us call life. They don't even want to see their grandkids - we live 3 miles away from them. Very sad.

I've been BAFFLED by Qanon. I just wonder how people who aren't stupid believe this nonsense... I stumbled across this interesting read attempting to explain it. If you've got a few, you might find it interesting... I don't really buy the whole thing, but it's an interesting perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT