ADVERTISEMENT

I’m hearing not all players there. Don’t all agree with protest.

Half the ones there are only there because they want to avoid controversy by not being there. I think we should take valid crime statistics and hold protests that are in proportion to the actual numbers. I was talking to a bunch of 14-16 year olds at the gym today, when this topic came up I asked them if they knew how often unarmed black men were killed by police, the answer they gave me was “every day”. When I challenged the distortion they were being fed off social media and tv, 2 of them pulled out their phones and began digging, to their surprise the actual rate of incidence was extremely low, very rare. One actually said, “why don’t they tell us this?” Another comment was “why aren’t people being told this?” Those 4 now have a different perspective on all that’s going on, based on FBI statistics, not my opinion or anyone else’s.
Education certainly is the key, the better informed you are of the FACTS, the better you are able to express the appropriate reaction.

I highly recommend Shelby Steele and Thomas Powell to educate yourselves.

Half the ones there are only there because they want to avoid controversy by not being there. I think we should take valid crime statistics and hold protests that are in proportion to the actual numbers. I was talking to a bunch of 14-16 year olds at the gym today, when this topic came up I asked them if they knew how often unarmed black men were killed by police, the answer they gave me was “every day”. When I challenged the distortion they were being fed off social media and tv, 2 of them pulled out their phones and began digging, to their surprise the actual rate of incidence was extremely low, very rare. One actually said, “why don’t they tell us this?” Another comment was “why aren’t people being told this?” Those 4 now have a different perspective on all that’s going on, based on FBI statistics, not my opinion or anyone else’s.
Education certainly is the key, the better informed you are of the FACTS, the better you are able to express the appropriate reaction.
I think it’s less about avoiding controversy and more about supporting the brothers they go to war with on Saturdays.

You don't believe there is systemic racism. We got it. No reason to make up fake stories. It's not a good look.

Yikes. We still get it man. You dont get it. Kinda silly to keep going out of your way to prove that.
Get what? How many unarmed black men were killed by cops in 2019? 2018? 2020? Perspective, more innocent whites in my 3 county area are killed in cold blood by blacks, that’s but a tiny part of one of the smaller of 52 states. Expound that and you see how ridiculous it is to selectively pick who the victim is. This is also why probably half of the people at the march are secretly holding their noses.

This march is a reflection of the both the values of the program and the character of the players Clemson recruits. These men are here because they embrace the standard Coach Swinney and his staff expects of them. I could not be prouder.

Why are you talking to teenagers at the gym you f’n creep?

Maybe they just wanted to get drunk and make the sects on this lovely Saturday evening

Get what? How many unarmed black men were killed by cops in 2019? 2018? 2020? Perspective, more innocent whites in my 3 county area are killed in cold blood by blacks, that’s but a tiny part of one of the smaller of 52 states. Expound that and you see how ridiculous it is to selectively pick who the victim is. This is also why probably half of the people at the march are secretly holding their noses.

Yes. We understand clearly that you also don't get it.

You don't believe there is systemic racism. We got it. No reason to make up fake stories. It's not a good look.

No sir, there isn't. And you can't prove there is. I can prove there isn't. It's that simple. There is absolutely racism all around us. From the bigotry of low expectations to flat out racist bastards who are just no good to anyone. This whole systemic thing is a load of bunk. We'd be much better served by addressing the real problems because they're all around us and what we're doing now isn't going to solve even one of them and that's a tragedy. People are REALLY OPEN to change right now. Really open! More than I have ever seen. There's a real opportunity here and people want to see everyone treated fairly. The stupid party we are engaged in now isn't going to help us and that's just tragic. We could be making real progress now. It breaks my heart because this is something I have fought for my entire adult life. So frustrating!

Statistics say I’m right, happy to inform when I can. Maybe your kid will come to my grappling class and I can share facts with them as well. I must say it feels great to be able to peel back a bit of the brainwashing these kids are getting.

No sir, there isn't. And you can't prove there is. I can prove there isn't. It's that simple. There is absolutely racism all around us. From the bigotry of low expectations to flat out racist bastards who are just no good to anyone. This whole systemic thing is a load of bunk. We'd be much better served by addressing the real problems because they're all around us and what we're doing now isn't going to solve even one of them and that's a tragedy. People are REALLY OPEN to change right now. Really open! More than I have ever seen. There's a real opportunity here and people want to see everyone treated fairly. The stupid party we are engaged in now isn't going to help us and that's just tragic. We could be making real progress now. It breaks my heart because this is something I have fought for my entire adult life. So frustrating!

You can prove that there isn't systemic racism? Please do.

You do know that the FBI get their data from police departments all over the country, right? You know, the same police that the black community is protesting against. I mean, what are the chances that there are bad cops outright lying on their reports?

Reactions: TheValley91
Statistics say I’m right, happy to inform when I can. Maybe your kid will come to my grappling class and I can share facts with them as well. I must say it feels great to be able to peel back a bit of the brainwashing these kids are getting.

Sure. First please define what it is to you because you can't ever get anyone to define it and I've heard people noting so many different ways in which there are "systemic" problems.

Please explain even a single one of these charts.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-systemic-racism-in-charts-graphs-data-2020-6

In this thread I learned that @Dbatz likes to chat up 14 year olds at the gym.

If you got the stats, lay them out.

Also, no kid of mine would ever be part of your class. Pretty sure you'd be afraid of him/her for "statistical" reasons.

Yes. We understand clearly that you also don't get it.
And you are incapable of even making a valid argument because you know you will get exposed as a race baiting clown. Try me? Please! I’ll start, tell me how many unarmed black men were shot by police in the past 5 years? Do you even know? Do you even know the circumstances behind each one? I get it, I see blacks make it every day, they succeed and thrive based on anyone’s definition of success. They live their lives like all the other successful people, not by making excuses, by being an active parent in their kids lives, by teaching their kids to respect authority, then handle any wrongdoing after the fact. I’m pretty sure every single cop in America wears a body cam, or has a dash camera.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
This march is a reflection of the both the values of the program and the character of the players Clemson recruits. These men are here because they embrace the standard Coach Swinney and his staff expects of them. I could not be prouder.

Do you honestly think Dabo gives two shits about BLM?

Reactions: Santee116
For the love of God I hope we have a full football season that starts on time. This board has become completely insufferable over the last 3 months. I’ve put more people on ignore in the past 3 months than I did in the previous 18 years combined.

And you are incapable of even making a valid argument because you know you will get exposed as a race baiting clown. Try me? Please! I’ll start, tell me how many unarmed black men were shot by police in the past 5 years? Do you even know? Do you even know the circumstances behind each one? I get it, I see blacks make it every day, they succeed and thrive based on anyone’s definition of success. They live their lives like all the other successful people, not by making excuses, by being an active parent in their kids lives, by teaching their kids to respect authority, then handle any wrongdoing after the fact. I’m pretty sure every single cop in America wears a body cam, or has a dash camera.

LOL...you're in this thread using stats provided by the police to prove that the police aren't killing unarmed black men more than unarmed white men.

ADVERTISEMENT