ADVERTISEMENT

I don't want to start a flame war about basketball. Just a few questions

A-town-Tiger

Lake Baikal
Sep 9, 2009
I don't want to start a flame war between 2 factions. I have just thought there is no reasonable set of expectations for Clemson basketball. It seems there are some who never expect the NCAA tourney and there may be some who expect it every year?? I feel like high achievement always takes place within the framework of high expectations. I don' t think things just happen. Someone, somewhere had to set a goal and attach expectations to that goal.

What do you think the fans expectations are for Clemson basketball?

What do you think the fans expectations SHOULD BE for Clemson basketball?

Also, we have covered the litany of excuses as to why our program has not been successful in recent years. Players hurt, transferring, not working hard, etc. etc. etc. No matter what the excuse may be, the underlying theme is always that this is not Brownell's fault because of this this this and this....

What excuses are acceptable to you concerning results and Clemson basketball and when do those excuses stop mattering because of the lack of results?

And when I say excuses I mean excuses, reasons, facts, whatever you want to call them. But to me personally, there are only results and excuses. No matter how good you feel an excuse may be, its still just an argument for why something was NOT accomplished. To me thats an excuse. I was always taught there are only 2 kinds of people in the world, those that get things done, and those that make excuses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.