ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like we are coming together today... We all want the same things...

TheSweatshirt

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2021
The Great City of San Francisco
We just disagree on how to best get there.

I don't think anyone disagrees that we want our government to be financially responsible.
That we want to ensure life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness for all Americans.
That we want our country to be secure.
That we want personal freedom that doesn't infringe on others personal freedoms.
That we want economic opportunities for future generations.
That we want a stable global geopolitical environment.
That we want politicians who are held accountable.
That we want fair elections determined by voters and not outside interests.
That we want clean air, water, parks and yet can monetize our natural resources.

I don't think anyone disagrees that we want our government to be financially responsible.
That we want to ensure life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness for all Americans.
That we want personal freedom that doesn't infringe on others personal freedoms.
That we want clean air, water, parks and yet can monetize our natural resources.
Seems fair enough

Yessir. I truly think it is power hungry politicians and the media that "stir the pot"

I'm not sure how anyone could argue with those points you made.

"That we want personal freedom that doesn't infringe on others personal freedoms."
I don't care what you do in your own home, property, or bedroom. Just don't force your beliefs on me.

"That we want politicians who are held accountable."
I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. Also, what about the bureaucrats who are not even elected making choices for the people of this country? I think we both know politicians on both sides of the isle who have used this country to benefit themselves and their families with zero regard for the people they are supposed to serve. I want all of these people to be stripped of their ill gotten gains (regardless of party) and live in poverty because they're never going to jail where they belong.

"That we want fair elections determined by voters and not outside interests."
Photo ID to vote. I'm having to vote early this year because I work out of town. That being said, I'm sure I will have to prove I am who I say I am, before I vote. Also, we need to reform voting laws. If I were a billionaire living in California, how am I enabled to spend millions to elect someone in North Carolina? That is just BS regardless of which party you support.

"That we want personal freedom that doesn't infringe on others personal freedoms."
I don't care what you do in your own home, property, or bedroom. Just don't force your beliefs on me.

I wouldn't hold my breath on this one. Also, what about the bureaucrats who are not even elected making choices for the people of this country? I think we both know politicians on both sides of the isle who have used this country to benefit themselves and their families with zero regard for the people they are supposed to serve. I want all of these people to be stripped of their ill gotten gains (regardless of party) and live in poverty because they're never going to jail where they belong.

Photo ID to vote. I'm having to vote early this year because I work out of town. That being said, I'm sure I will have to prove I am who I say I am, before I vote. Also, we need to reform voting laws. If I were a billionaire living in California, how am I enabled to spend millions to elect someone in North Carolina? That is just BS regardless of which party you support.
Your last point is such a huge problem. The Koch brothers, who never set foot in Wisconsin, have been pouring millions into WI elections. For them, it is all about business interests in the state and have zero consideration of what is best for the people in WI.

I really credit McCain for pushing for campaign finance reform. Citizens United was catastrophic for this country. We are turning into an a quasi autocracy/gerontocracy.

Yessir. I truly think it is power hungry politicians and the media that "stir the pot"
Why "the media"? As in reporters. Would you rather have government controlled media? Freely reporting the actions and consequences of actions is a corner stone of democracy. Nothing wrong with reporting on what a person of note says or does. If you don't want it reported, then don't say it or do it. Simple as that.

The problem is most people want to lump reporting the news with opinion media persons. Like the ones you see on Fox and CNN in prime time. They are entertainers. Driven by rating and ad dollars. They twist, take out of context, and flat out lie to drive viewers and get paid. That's not reporting. Without true reporting there would be no freedom.

Your last point is such a huge problem. The Koch brothers, who never set foot in Wisconsin, have been pouring millions into WI elections. For them, it is all about business interests in the state and have zero consideration of what is best for the people in WI.

I really credit McCain for pushing for campaign finance reform. Citizens United was catastrophic for this country. We are turning into an a quasi autocracy/gerontocracy.
McCain? OK. I put McCain right up there with the Bushes-just another politician that the world would be better off without. The Dems hated him until they figured out he could be bought/used, and then he was GOD.

I don't want to hijack the great thread you started because I think all Americans can agree with the points you made.

For all the bad that politicians foist upon this country, the MSM is much worse IMO. It's one thing for me to tell you a lie by not having all the facts. It's another thing for me to have all the facts, but yet tell you the same lie.

Reactions: Paw Pad

Indeed. This is a government for the people, by the people, and of the people. Not for/of/by businesses. A 'business' should have no place in elections at any level. Moreover, elections at any level should only be funded by individuals otherwise eligible to cast a vote for the candidate in question.

You mentioned the Koch brothers, but Soros' operation gives dramatically more year-over-year. Then you have other groups like the AFL-CIO who likewise give staggering amounts.

I say we put an end to them all.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSweatshirt
McCain? OK. I put McCain right up there with the Bushes-just another politician that the world would be better off without. The Dems hated him until they figured out he could be bought/used, and then he was GOD.

I don't want to hijack the great thread you started because I think all Americans can agree with the points you made.

For all the bad that politicians foist upon this country, the MSM is much worse IMO. It's one thing for me to tell you a lie by not having all the facts. It's another thing for me to have all the facts, but yet tell you the same lie.

The top threat to Democracy in America is NOT a foreign power but the MSM

If we could reset them to be unbiased the world would be a better place.

Best thing would be to limit access to the internet for them.

except abortions. You have to believe what I believe on those or else!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT