ADVERTISEMENT

I guess somebody had to ask.....

giphy.gif

He should of said " hell yea I love my Dad and Uncle." "Oh yea my best friend is a man"

If they had asked him how old he was or if he was pregnant they would really be in trouble.

Reactions: m_l_murphy
still think it'd be pretty awesome for a really, really good football player to come out as gay. partly because of how certain football fans would react.

but yeah that question seems highly illegal.

for what its worth, there is currentely a circuit split as to whether sexual orientation is covered under title VII or the civil rights act. some courts said yes, some said no, and Sup Ct hasnt resolved (nor does it look likely they will, though with the current court, its not likely that they'd expand title vii to include sexual orientation.

So, it might not be illegal.

america.

Reactions: clemsonpaw00
Why should they get sued? I thought homosexuals were loud & proud about their gayness?

idk why i'm answering seriously but it's because assholes like you (in the highly unlikely scenario that you actually manage or oversee any employees) could discriminate against hiring someone on account of their sexual orientation.

Is this something they asked everyone? Why does it matter? Why is it a big deal who anyone is attracted to?

I would love nothing more than for us as a society to move past this. Love who you want, I’ll do the same, and each should just keep to themselves. Why is this so difficult?

idk why i'm answering seriously but it's because assholes like you (in the highly unlikely scenario that you actually manage or oversee any employees) could discriminate against hiring someone on account of their sexual orientation.
Yeah. The only people that HR should discriminate against are straight white males...

plop

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
Well, I believe the employers have a right to know in this case as it relates to locker room cohesiveness. See, believe it or not, there are still some guys that may not feel comfortable hitting the showers with some dude that may be watching them. I mean, we talk about inclusiveness & equality & all of that stuff but I still highly doubt women would want to use the same locker room as men...so the same can be said for men vs girlymen, right?This could cause some major friction within the team & could transfer to on the field play...thus damaging the product & the investment these teams made in these players.

Well, I believe the employers have a right to know in this case as it relates to locker room cohesiveness. See, believe it or not, there are still some guys that may not feel comfortable hitting the showers with some dude that may be watching them. I mean, we talk about inclusiveness & equality & all of that stuff but I still highly doubt women would want to use the same locker room as men...so the same can be said for men vs girlymen, right?This could cause some major friction within the team & could transfer to on the field play...thus damaging the product & the investment these teams made in these players.
yikes

Employers get sued for asking this sh*t.
NFL teams shouldn't be allowed to ask this kind of question

Most employers don’t have athletic combines, too. This is somewhat more relevant for a football team than most jobs, but I guess it would’ve been more relevant if they’d asked about behavior rather than who he liked.

Most employers don’t have athletic combines, too. This is somewhat more relevant for a football team than most jobs, but I guess it would’ve been more relevant if they’d asked about behavior rather than who he liked.
how is it relevant for a football team? are we really ignoring the fact that, statistically speaking, there have likely been homosexuals on football teams for years?

Reactions: iceheart08
per the CBA they can ask sexual orientation?

The CBA and the players union allow the NFL to circumvent most labor laws, as those decisions are collectively bargained. The players union is a paradox as it benefits the NFL owners much more than the players, and many prominent player proponents think the union should be de-certified.

Yeah. The only people that HR should discriminate against are straight white males...

plop
Yeah. The only people that HR should discriminate against are straight white "Christian" males...

I fixed it for you. We must cover all the bases when it comes to deplorables.

They were talking about this on the First Team this morning and essentially Greg said NFL teams ask questions like this because these guys are so prepared by their agents and typical answer are all scripted. THey ask these kind of questions to throw a guy off his game and see how he responds.

with that said .... NFL sucks

Reactions: Steven15
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT