ADVERTISEMENT

I realized something this morning...

TigerPrice03

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2003
I went to pick up coffee and a bagel for my wife this morning. The restaurant wanted me to wear a mask inside. That's fine. It's their business and if they want me to wear a mask inside I am glad to do it. But I got my stuff and had my hands full when I went back outside, so I just left the mask on while walking to the car. As I was walking I realized that I have a greater chance of dying from walking out in front of a car because I can't see due to my glasses fogging up from wearing a mask than I do from getting COVID and dying...

Just thought it was funny.

I went to pick up coffee and a bagel for my wife this morning. The restaurant wanted me to wear a mask inside. That's fine. It's their business and if they want me to wear a mask inside I am glad to do it. But I got my stuff and had my hands full when I went back outside, so I just left the mask on while walking to the car. As I was walking I realized that I have a greater chance of dying from walking out in front of a car because I can't see due to my glasses fogging up from wearing a mask than I do from getting COVID and dying...

There is a lot of truth to that.

Reactions: my95GTHO

Awesome story, thanks for sharing

Sounds to me like we should outlaw cars then.

I tried to do my civic duty and give blood today. They shot my forehead and I registered 99.7

Cutoff was 99.6

I tried to ask the lady at the desk a question from 20 feet and she raised her hands and said "Sir you need to leave the building NOW!"

We Will NOT take your temperature again.

I get it.

Panic has set in.

I tried to do my civic duty and give blood today. They shot my forehead and I registered 99.7

Cutoff was 99.6

I tried to ask the lady at the desk a question from 20 feet and she raised her hands and said "Sir you need to leave the building NOW!"

I get it.

Panic has set in.
Panic has absolutely set in...

How about don't be poor and get Lasik surgery or at least wear contacts?

This is mostly a joke because of how far off of the deep end some of you have gone with this blaming anything and everything you can.

Cutoff was 99.6

I get it.

Panic has set in.

Everyday I visit clients. Many of them take temperature upon arrival. One just told me this week these thermometers are all over the place. If they’d have allowed you to sit in A/C for 5 minutes, your temp would lesson by a degree. People (Sheep) have lost their minds.

try some rain x on your eyeshields

Reactions: wmnesbitt
Everyday I visit clients. Many of them take temperature upon arrival. One just told me this week these thermometers are all over the place. If they’d have allowed you to sit in A/C for 5 minutes, your temp would lesson by a degree. People (Sheep) have lost their minds.
I know. I had to walk an extra 200 yards across the asphalt parking lot to get my glasses that I failed to bring inside the first time. I'm not complaining about that but i bet if they had taken it the first time i entered i would have been fine.

How about don't be poor and get Lasik surgery or at least wear contacts?

This is mostly a joke because of how far off of the deep end some of you have gone with this blaming anything and everything you can.
Well I was a paramedic for the last ten years and as public servant really couldn't afford lasik. The last two years I have been out of work while in PA school. Just started working as a PA. I guess there are other things higher on the priority list than lasik surgery. I have tried to wear contacts in the past but none work very well for me due to how bad my astigmatism is.

Cutoff was 99.6

I get it.

Panic has set in.

That’s just stupid. Temps vary from person to person and time of day certainly matters. Pretty sure the accepted temp is anything under 100.4 - that’s what we use in my office anyway. With heat indexes what that are, we’ve had several over that number when they come in, but after sitting and cooling off in the lobby - they’re fine.

This sounds like the market de-incentivizing having poor vision. If all of the people with bummy vision are killed off by the market then we won’t have this problem

In other words, most older people. When I was college age I passed the Navy Flight physical including having to have perfect eyesight. Since I hit about 45 I have needed glasses and after about almost 10 years later am not a candidate for contacts dues to astigmatism.

That’s just stupid. Temps vary from person to person and time of day certainly matters. Pretty sure the accepted temp is anything under 100.4 - that’s what we use in my office anyway. With heat indexes what that are, we’ve had several over that number when they come in, but after sitting and cooling off in the lobby - they’re fine.

i bartend at a restaurant and i have yet to have my temperature checked and many in the back dont wear mask.

so it is what it is

hey how many americans do you guys think wan talib, aoc, and omar to lead our economy into a social democracy

if trump doesnt win.

we have those 3 instead of mnuchin, ross, and navarro

crazy to think about the experience of the 6

its like a professional team versus a pee wee league team and the pee wee league team might win

how crazy are the times

The fogging glasses is a big issue with the mask. Annoys the heck out of me. May have to wear more contacts. Thankfully it's a small price to pay for reducing the spread of this thing.

My wife has found that if she wears a mask with a metal bridge built in, her glasses don’t fog. She ordered some masks like that and it has helped. YMMV, of course.

Just do what many do and lower the mask below your nose. Then you dont get foggy glasses and are still compliant with wearing a mask. Granted the mask becomes useless, but it really isnt about that right?

Well I was a paramedic for the last ten years and as public servant really couldn't afford lasik. The last two years I have been out of work while in PA school. Just started working as a PA. I guess there are other things higher on the priority list than lasik surgery. I have tried to wear contacts in the past but none work very well for me due to how bad my astigmatism is.
Congratulations buddy. There was some serious sacrificing to become a PA in your family I imagine while going to school.

hey how many americans do you guys think wan talib, aoc, and omar to lead our economy into a social democracy

if trump doesnt win.

its like a professional team versus a pee wee league team and the pee wee league team might win

how crazy are the times

Am not the biggest AOC et all fan : however, the administration sent stimulus checks to more than 1 million dead people, so If that’s the professional team they are the Bengals

Am not the biggest AOC et all fan : however, the administration sent stimulus checks to more than 1 million dead people, so If that’s the professional team they are the Bengals

those 1 million dead people are fake voter fraud ballots and ss admin or irs fraud participants

either active or retired accounts

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan

not to mention i think sending out the checks quick was more important than worrying about sending checks to dead people.

why is sending a check to a dead person dangerous?

lets say i write a check today to my grandpa who died in 1988

think he is gonna cash it?

Reactions: 83CUTiger

The "administration" sent them??
No, for one the stimulus was passed by Congress, signed by the President and distributed by the Treasury. There are a lot of fingers in this pickle jar.

Reactions: REDSKNDON
The "administration" sent them??
No, for one the stimulus was passed by Congress, signed by the President and distributed by the Treasury. There are a lot of fingers in this pickle jar.

“distributed by treasury”

yes, treasury distributed checks to 1 million dead people.

who is the head of treasury ?

not to mention i think sending out the checks quick was more important than worrying about sending checks to dead people.

why is sending a check to a dead person dangerous?

lets say i write a check today to my grandpa who died in 1988

think he is gonna cash it?

It’s not dangerous. It’s irresponsible and careless. The government lost $1.4 billion.

if trump doesnt win.

how crazy are the times
When I lived in San Diego, Peter Navarro was a ranging liberal determined to stop the building of every new home development in the county. I kid you not. The guy saw an opportunity for fame and flipped his politics. He is not a person you can trust.
And, by the way, Joe Biden’s brand is much different than the 3 women you cited. You are stoking fear and trying to convince Americans that Joe Biden won’t be running the show when he is president. You are wrong.
Joe Biden’s cabinet will stack up very well compared to the Swamp creatures Trump installed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT