ADVERTISEMENT

If you are worried about Inflation just Spend MORE Money

PalmettoTiger1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
Watching news this morning and have decided the insane asylum has a lot of graduates in the Biden Administration

For poor and middle class Americans you can solve your energy cost inflation by borrowing money and installing solar panels on your home

Thats a genius idea as poor and middle class people do not need to go into debt on that boondoogle

Then to save money on gas simply buy yourself an electric vehicle or EV

Dam these income brackets struggle to buy used has guzzlers for under 10 k and are scratching to pay the gas bills do now buy a high cost electric car say for $80,000.00 and then pay the electric bill on the charging which still costs money

I ask myself what fairey tale are these people living in

Solar energy had a place but not at the head of the table

That would be new age nuclear

I promise you will never see an aircraft carrier or seawolf sub with a huge windmill or solar farm network attached to it

Of course my rant will not change the lunacidal drive of this addministration

praying for mid terms to get here

if Democrats stay in power will have to build bigger bunker

if Republicans win God help us if they dont change the direction of the country

might still need that bunker

A friend and I were talking and we decided politicians and women share a common trait

They are all crazy

Just to different degrees

i am hopeful we get the least crazy in this coming mid term

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Watching news this morning and have decided the insane asylum has a lot of graduates in the Biden Administration

For poor and middle class Americans you can solve your energy cost inflation by borrowing money and installing solar panels on your home

Thats a genius idea as poor and middle class people do not need to go into debt on that boondoogle

Then to save money on gas simply buy yourself an electric vehicle or EV

Dam these income brackets struggle to buy used has guzzlers for under 10 k and are scratching to pay the gas bills do now buy a high cost electric car say for $80,000.00 and then pay the electric bill on the charging which still costs money

I ask myself what fairey tale are these people living in

Solar energy had a place but not at the head of the table

That would be new age nuclear

I promise you will never see an aircraft carrier or seawolf sub with a huge windmill or solar farm network attached to it

Of course my rant will not change the lunacidal drive of this addministration

praying for mid terms to get here

if Democrats stay in power will have to build bigger bunker

if Republicans win God help us if they dont change the direction of the country

might still need that bunker

A friend and I were talking and we decided politicians and women share a common trait

They are all crazy

Just to different degrees

i am hopeful we get the least crazy in this coming mid term
I hate to say it but even with a red wave the dems still control the WH. Some progress can be made, but it will not be a return to what it was under Trump until we get Trump or someone like him in the WH. Incremental progress would be good though.

I no longer think R's will take the Senate, but do think they will take the House, probably by about the margin the D's currently hold it would be my guess. I think hoping for a 50/50 Senate is probably the best case scenario at this point. Regardless, think it will lead to bipartisan legislature with a house under republican control and senate under democrat control.

The President of the United States just told us there is no inflation.

If that's true, then why did we need the Inflation Reduction Act?

The President of the United States just told us there is no inflation.

If that's true, then why did we need the Inflation Reduction Act?
You know he meant inflation was flat when compared to the previous month, but you do your thing.

You know he meant inflation was flat when compared to the previous month, but you do your thing.

The inflation numbers are a year over year comparison of prices and throughout last year prices increased each month. So while the percentage is a flat increase prices are still rising. What he said was just not an artful way to handle things.

Reactions: PawsFan_
The inflation numbers are a year over year comparison of prices and throughout last year prices increased each month. So while the percentage is a flat increase prices are still rising. What he said was just not an artful way to handle things.
Yes, we know these things and they don't need to be explained. However, flat means they didn't rise from one month to the next and that's all he meant. We get it, he doesn't talk good. Noted

Yes, we know these things and they don't need to be explained. However, flat means they didn't rise from one month to the next and that's all he meant. We get it, he doesn't talk good. Noted

Only one of our last four presidents did that well. It isn't a party specific thing. My point is that prices are still rising. That's nothing to brag about. The response is this sucks and we're doing all we can.

Joe Rainmaker Biden took credit for the flat prices if that last month due to a huge drop in oil consumption which had a price drop which will continue to drop as long as we move deeper into this recession which could turn even deeper into severe recession

Dont expect a depression unless we get into a shooting war which is possible

The solution is obvious in that you product more carbon based energy while we move toward nuclear particularly SMR units such as you see in naval ships

Clearly we need clean energy but through an evolutionary process and not the revolutionary process which causes much pain

If we converted to an all electric car fleet today the US would be in a huge crisis as the need gor power plants woulb be at a minimums 1000 new large plants

Or thousands of smaller plants

there would be massive rationing of electric power based our present grid capacity

So tell me again why the people at the top are not insane and flying the plane into the mountain

Last edited:
I got the meaning, when he said it and laughed, (about all you can go at this point), and I believe that 99% of the American population got it, but I truly believe Uncle Joe is in the 1% that actually believed 0%.

Rainmaker, that is a new one. To me God controls the weather, that's why the "meteorologists" always get it wrong.

My apologies for the reference without a clue as to the use

Rainmakers back in the day would learn the signs of rain and then dance and do kabuki stuff and moan and groan

Of course nothing they did contributed to rain but if it fid rain they were celebrated and showered with gifts and cash

If it did not rain then that guy needed to make a fast getaway as soon as he lost the audience’s attention trust and hopes

Biden is doing the Rainmaker trick of telling everyone he is the solution and has the solutions to all our problems and let him do the dance

The funny part of the performance is when it goes south on him then he just changes the rules so he is always doing great to the people easily fooled

Me i an not easily fooled

Joe Rainmaker Biden took credit for the flat prices if that last month due to a huge drop in oil consumption which had a price drop which will continue to drop as long as we move deeper into this recession which could turn even deeper into severe recession

The solution is obvious in that you product more carbon based energy while we move toward nuclear particularly SMR units such as you see in naval ships

Clearly we need clean energy but through an evolutionary process and not the revolutionary process which causes much pain

If we converted to an all electric car fleet today the US would be in a huge crisis as the need gor power plants woulb be at a minimums 1000 new large plants

there would be massive rationing of electric power based our present grid capacity

So tell me again why the people at the top are not insane and flying the plane into the mountain

The climate bill is not just an investment in electric cars. That is a misleading right-wing talking point. There is investment in nuclear, electric and hydrogen, as well significant investment in carbon capture credits.

Methinks this drama over a deep recession is nonsense. The economy added half a million jobs in July, layoffs are still historically low and inflation was flat for July. This doesn't seem to portend anything more than a slight recession, if at all, but it wouldn't be the worst thing even if we had a short term recession because that would help with inflation. There are no signs of a wide, deep and disparate effect on the broader economy even though we meet the historical, technical definition of a recession. This is an economy recovering from a once in a century pandemic, so the typical metrics used to measure whether we are in a recession or not, simply don't apply. Just MO

As far as your comments on the electrical grid, are you sure you're not making an assumption about all vehicles being plugged in at the same time? That's the mistake most analysts point to when people wring hands over the infrastructure needed.

The climate bill is not just an investment in electric cars. That is a misleading right-wing talking point. There is investment in nuclear, electric and hydrogen, as well significant investment in carbon capture credits.

i did see the part about opening up leases for carbons

the part i don’t agree with is putting i think it was like 350 billion in solar / wind which is to me the least desirable when compared to nuclear

i have worked with all sources of power so i understand problems in every area but if we pushed on nuclear i believe we woukd be better off

the EV car to me is not the best solution as i am liking the car using hydrogen and a fuel cell with the nuclear converting water to H and O2

and of course on burning back to H2O

pie in the sky but with the money being thrown around it is totally doable

Methinks this drama over a deep recession is nonsense. The economy added half a million jobs in July, layoffs are still historically low and inflation was flat for July. This doesn't seem to portend anything more than a slight recession, if at all, but it wouldn't be the worst thing even if we had a short term recession because that would help with inflation. There are no signs of a wide, deep and disparate effect on the broader economy even though we meet the historical, technical definition of a recession. This is an economy recovering from a once in a century pandemic, so the typical metrics used to measure whether we are in a recession or not, simply don't apply. Just MO

As far as your comments on the electrical grid, are you sure you're not making an assumption about all vehicles being plugged in at the same time? That's the mistake most analysts point to when people wring hands over the infrastructure needed.

Sorry about missing the question on loading

clearly there would be EV in all modes of charging , being driven , idle all the time

like any system the load would have peaks and valleys on charging

for example Solar is ised to peak shave at the mid afternoon hottest time of day

otherwise solar is pretty worthless to providing power to the grid

another example is your house panel for example has like 42 slots with 20 amp breakers with a 200 amp main

obviously the 42 x 30 equals 840 amps which will not work

the answer is each circuit is not fully loaded at one time

there are lots of small amounts and medium loading

to answer your question would take genius today as not all would be charging at the same time

however the load needed to charge at any one time would now be added to the grid

the answer there is if we only put a portion charging now the grid is deficient in available power

we have to build more power plants that operate 24/7/365

i did see the part about opening up leases for carbons

the part i don’t agree with is putting i think it was like 350 billion in solar / wind which is to me the least desirable when compared to nuclear

i have worked with all sources of power so i understand problems in every area but if we pushed on nuclear i believe we woukd be better off

the EV car to me is not the best solution as i am liking the car using hydrogen and a fuel cell with the nuclear converting water to H and O2

and of course on burning back to H2O

pie in the sky but with the money being thrown around it is totally doable

They are investing $30B in wind / solar. Not even close to $350B.

we need to be investing in getting rid of trees, bc as you know, there are too many trees

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
They are investing $30B in wind / solar. Not even close to $350B.

if 30 B Ii stand corrected

I thought I read about 350 B on renewables

actually some of the bill has my interest as to the leases of oil lands

I have just been looking at the highlights

so i will admit I cannot make an in depth analysis

until i dig down into the weeds which takes time and i am getting busy on some important projects

“Today, we received news that our economy had 0% inflation in the month of July — 0%,” Biden said.

His press teams tap dancing afterwards may be true, but that not what he was trying to get the American public to believe.

But hey....dems think the electorate is so stupid they could rebrand their environmental agenda as an "Inflation Reduction Act" and no one would question it.

“Today, we received news that our economy had 0% inflation in the month of July — 0%,” Biden said.

His press teams tap dancing afterwards may be true, but that not what he was trying to get the American public to believe.

But hey....dems think the electorate is so stupid they could rebrand their environmental agenda as an "Inflation Reduction Act" and no one would question it.
Nah, Dems understand what he meant, meanwhile, the brain damaged orangutan that you worship thinks he won an election that he lost by 7 million votes and 70% of your party believe him.

This is accurate. You need to spend your money now! Because its rotting away in your bank account

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT