ADVERTISEMENT

In-depth Story Behind the Climate Fraud claim that 97% of scientists agree

92TigerME

Lake Baikal
Aug 5, 2018
This is an in-depth look at the lie about climate change. Where did the 97% come from and why is it often repeated?

The truth is that only 64 out of 1200 papers believe man is causing warming and that's not even harmful warming. Less than 1%

Last edited:
Who caused climate change before man was around?

Dinosaurs farting and driving SUV's?
It was warmer during the 1930 Dust Bowl than it is today. Warming is most likely caused by Sun Spots. I'm finding out more and more each day that global warming is based on junk science and the climate activists are grasping for straws but they are still wining the argument because pro fossil fuel people are too lazy to figure it out. The more I learn, the more I see where these climate activist just get away with talking over our heads.

Who caused climate change before man was around?

Dinosaurs farting and driving SUV's?

Do you mean pre industrial because that's where the debate is right now. Or do you man?

Cow farting isn't even related to the climate change debate but AOC and Gretta seem to think so. Even CNN. These idiots don't understand the short carbon cycle debate which is the basis for renewables.

The theory among real scientists and not these climate change bedwetting activist is that temperature drives CO2 production. In the evolution model, the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere was 20 times what it is now during the Precambrian era. The sun was brighter and average global temperatures were a few degrees higher.

Lots of things you cannot possibly understand, apparently. Is moron a word to be described?
Try me.

How many years has meteorology been a science? How many years have true, accurate weather observations been recorded?

The earth is 4.5 BILLION years old. Man's been on Earth about 2 million years. Do you think 100 years is a accurate sample set of data to measure the relative temperature from period to period?

Ever hear of an Ice Age?

Try me.

How many years has meteorology been a science? How many years have true, accurate weather observations been recorded?

The earth is 4.5 BILLION years old. Man's been on Earth about 2 million years. Do you think 100 years is a accurate sample set of data to measure the relative temperature from period to period?

Ever hear of an Ice Age?
The earth is 6000 years old. Get your facts straight.

The earth is 6000 years old. Get your facts straight.
That is a topic for creation vs evolution debate. However, it is relevant to the anthropogenic climate change debate when it comes to burning fossil fuel. It has to do with the carbon cycle balance and how long it took for the carbon from once living things to end up a mile under the earth's surface.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
That is a topic for creation vs evolution debate. However, it is relevant to the anthropogenic climate change debate when it comes to burning fossil fuel. It has to do with the carbon cycle balance and how long it took for the carbon from once living things to end up a mile under the earth's surface.
Right, but you can’t tell me data based on the earth being billions of years old when I know for a FACT that it’s only 6,000. Imagine how dumb that makes you look.

• Haha
Reactions: WapPride and dpic73
Right, but you can’t tell me data based on the earth being billions of years old when I know for a FACT that it’s only 6,000. Imagine how dumb that makes you look.

I believe in the Bible. I was just saying that people who believe in evolution will look at it differently in terms of millions of years. I believe the flood occurred about 4400 years ago and God made the earth 1500 years before that. All living things got buried during the flood. Coal comes from fossilized trees. Oil comes from dead organic material.

Evolutionist believe the process took 60 million years to burry all that we know to be fossil fuel thru slow sedimentation layers year after year.

Both views are relevant to the climate change debate because the carbon from all those once living things had to be replaced to have new living things and it had to come from plants which get it from the atmosphere since they take in carbon dioxide.

THEREFORE, the CO2 concentration right after the flood had to have been much higher than it is today.

Imagine how dumb your comment makes you look for not having known this. Actually. I would not say this. Just trying to keep up with your way of saying things.

Last edited:
I believe in the Bible. I was just saying that people who believe in evolution will look at it differently in terms of millions of years. I believe the flood occurred about 4400 years ago and God made the earth 1500 years before that. All living things got buried during the flood. Coal comes from fossilized trees. Oil comes from dead organic material.

Evolutionist believe the process took 60 million years to burry all that we know to be fossil fuel thru slow sedimentation layers year after year.

Both views are relevant to the climate change debate because the carbon from all those once living things had to be replaced to have new living things and it had to come from plants which get it from the atmosphere since they take in carbon dioxide.

THEREFORE, the CO2 concentration right after the flood had to have been much higher than it is today.

Imagine how dumb your comment makes you look for not having known this. Actually. I would not say this. Just trying to keep up with your way of saying things.

This guy. Based on your prideful posts about taking calculus i wouldn't have expected that you were a tither. Your god must be so disappointed.

Try me.

Ever hear of an Ice Age?
you do realize scientists are capable of finding out the temperature of the earth dating back thousands of years using glacial ice cores, tree rings, and certain fossilized organisms, right? like no one's looking at the temperature of 1954 and basing the temp from 50mil years ago on that; you do realize that right?

you do realize scientists are capable of finding out the temperature of the earth dating back thousands of years using glacial ice cores, tree rings, and certain fossilized organisms, right? like no one's looking at the temperature of 1954 and basing the temp from 50mil years ago on that; you do realize that right?
I've read about that and the temperature data shows that CO2 concentration follows temperature and not the other way around. The controversy seems to be how they date the core samples.

I just copied this from wikipedia FWIW

Dating[edit]​

Many different kinds of analysis are performed on ice cores, including visual layer counting, tests for electrical conductivity and physical properties, and assays for inclusion of gases, particles, radionuclides, and various molecular species. For the results of these tests to be useful in the reconstruction of palaeoenvironments, there has to be a way to determine the relationship between depth and age of the ice. The simplest approach is to count layers of ice that correspond to the original annual layers of snow, but this is not always possible. An alternative is to model the ice accumulation and flow to predict how long it takes a given snowfall to reach a particular depth. Another method is to correlate radionuclides or trace atmospheric gases with other timescales such as periodicities in the earth's orbital parameters.[39]

A difficulty in ice core dating is that gases can diffuse through firn, so the ice at a given depth may be substantially older than the gases trapped in it. As a result, there are two chronologies for a given ice core: one for the ice, and one for the trapped gases. To determine the relationship between the two, models have been developed for the depth at which gases are trapped for a given location, but their predictions have not always proved reliable.[40][41] At locations with very low snowfall, such as Vostok, the uncertainty in the difference between ages of ice and gas can be over 1,000 years.[42]

Last edited:
“There are clear cycles during which both temperature and salinity rise and fall. These cycles are related to solar activity…In my opinion and that of our institute, the problems connected to the current stage of warming are being exaggerated. What we are dealing with is not a global warming of the atmosphere or of the oceans.” -- Biologist Pavel Makarevich of the Biological Institute of the Russian Academy of Sciences

“Those who call themselves ‘Green planet advocates’ should be arguing for a CO2- fertilized atmosphere, not a CO2-starved atmosphere…Diversity increases when the planet was warm AND had high CO2 atmospheric content…Al Gore's personal behavior supports a green planet - his enormous energy use with his 4 homes and his bizjet, does indeed help make the planet greener. Kudos, Al for doing your part to save the planet.” -- Renowned engineer and aviation/space pioneer Burt Rutan, who was named "100 most influential people in the world, 2004" by Time Magazine and Newsweek called him "the man responsible for more innovations in modern aviation than any living engineer."

“I am ashamed of what climate science has become today.” The science “community is relying on an inadequate model to blame CO2 and innocent citizens for global warming in order to generate funding and to gain attention. If this is what ‘science’ has become today, I, as a scientist, am ashamed.” -- Research Chemist William C. Gilbert published a study in August 2010 in the journal Energy & Environment titled “The thermodynamic relationship between surface temperature and water vapor concentration in the troposphere” and he published a paper in August 2009 titled “Atmospheric Temperature Distribution in a Gravitational Field.” [Updated December 9, 2010]

“Hundreds of billion dollars have been wasted with the attempt of imposing a Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW) theory that is not supported by physical world evidences...AGW has been forcefully imposed by means of a barrage of scare stories and indoctrination that begins in the elementary school textbooks.” -- Brazilian Geologist Geraldo Luís Lino, who authored the 2009 book “The Global Warming Fraud: How a Natural Phenomenon Was Converted into a False World Emergency.”

“In essence, the jig is up. The whole thing is a fraud. And even the fraudsters that fudged data are admitting to temperature history that they used to say didn't happen…Perhaps what has doomed the Climategate fraudsters the most was their brazenness in fudging the data” -- Dr. Christopher J. Kobus, Associate Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Oakland University, specializes in alternative energy, thermal transport phenomena, two-phase flow and fluid and thermal energy systems and has published peer-reviewed papers.

“Any reasonable scientific analysis must conclude the basic theory wrong!!” -- NASA Scientist Dr. Leonard Weinstein who worked 35 years at the NASA Langley Research Center and finished his career there as a Senior Research Scientist. Weinstein is presently a Senior Research Fellow at the National Institute of Aerospace.

So many words ITT. Whatever happened to the tried and tested argument of "Climate change is a hoax because 'Look! I has a snowball!'"
oklahoma-senator-inhofe-tosses-snowball-in-congress.1425052422000-0.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: WapPride
So many words ITT. Whatever happened to the tried and tested argument of "Climate change is a hoax because 'Look! I has a snowball!'"
oklahoma-senator-inhofe-tosses-snowball-in-congress.1425052422000-0.jpeg

I use this software that tracks plant data and computed average low lake temperatures for Dec-Feb of 2021 and compared the ave low to the same for 2020 and the average low for 2021 was 4°F lower than for 2020. Meanwhile Atmospheric CO2 concentrations continued to climb 2.5 ppm.

Besides all that, I'm looking at the physics and that's where the scientific argument should be because there are too many variables involved if all we do is track temperature and carbon dioxide levels.

If you want to make a climate activist back down. Read them the bold comment below. Tell them the spectrum is saturated. It's like painting a barn red. After the second coat of paint, it doesn't get any more red.

http://www.cfact.org/pdf/2010_Senate_Minority_Report.pdf

Dr. Wilson Flood, of the Royal Society of Chemistry and a chemistry education consultant, wrote that it is an "unproven hypothesis that rising greenhouse gas levels are largely responsible for climate change" in a June 27, 2007 letter to the Scotsman newspaper. "Further Met Office data also shows that global temperatures have actually fallen slightly in the last decade and have shown no statistically significant rise since 1990. Just to cap it all, NASA studies show that atmospheric levels of the greenhouse gas methane are falling, not rising. All of the above are easily verifiable and fly in the face of the conventional wisdom. But, hey, we shouldn't let a few inconvenient facts get in the way of what politicians believe, should we?" Flood wrote. (LINK) In the May 2006 edition of Education in Chemistry, Flood explained, "Of all the scientific disciplines, chemistry equips us best to grasp the essentials of the global warming debate. After all global warming comes down to the absorption
of infrared radiation by organic molecules, coupled with the mole concept which allows us to convert tonnes of fossil fuels into tonnes of carbon dioxide." Flood continued, "Those claiming that the effects of global warming from additional greenhouse gases can already be detected, I believe, are deluding themselves. It would take 5.5Wm-2 to produce a rise of 1K and an 11K rise (sometimes claimed) would need a massive 55W of additional energy for every square metre of the Earth's surface. There simply is not that amount of energy available still to be absorbed from the Earth's spectrum, most of which is largely saturated anyway owing to absorption by carbon dioxide and water vapour." Flood said, "Those who promote apocalyptic global warming claim that the sensitivity is much higher than 0.18K, some claiming 0.75K and even 1.5K.6 These claims are mainly based on a postulated magnifying effect of water vapour but, from a consideration of infrared absorption spectroscopy in relation to the spectrum emitted by a body at 288K, it is not clear how such large values can be achieved." Flood concluded by noting that the proponents of a climate catastrophe are out "to frighten the population."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
You realize that those techniques give scientists a general idea of the climate during that period and do not provide temperature data down to the degree right?

You realize that those techniques give scientists a general idea of the climate during that period and do not provide temperature data down to the degree right?
sure it doesn't tell you the exact temperature down to the degree, but it gives you an estimated range which is still valuable.
Furthermore, as the ice compacts over time, tiny bubbles of the atmosphere—including greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and methane—press inside the ice. These air pocket “fossils” provide samples of what the atmosphere was like when that layer of ice formed, LeGrande said. “Scientists can directly measure the amount of greenhouse gases that were in the atmosphere at that time by sampling these bubbles,” she added.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/factche...res-say-about-past-and-present-climate-change

that's a good article that details some of the issues with using glacial cores, and how scientists go about getting the most precise answer to past climates that we're capable of finding with today's technology.

I use this software that tracks plant data and computed average low lake temperatures for Dec-Feb of 2021 and compared the ave low to the same for 2020 and the average low for 2021 was 4°F lower than for 2020. Meanwhile Atmospheric CO2 concentrations continued to climb 2.5 ppm.

Besides all that, I'm looking at the physics and that's where the scientific argument should be because there are too many variables involved if all we do is track temperature and carbon dioxide levels.

If you want to make a climate activist back down. Read them the bold comment below. Tell them the spectrum is saturated. It's like painting a barn red. After the second coat of paint, it doesn't get any more red.

http://www.cfact.org/pdf/2010_Senate_Minority_Report.pdf

maybe you can explain to me how anecdotes work. after all, i never got an A in calculus.

maybe you can explain to me how anecdotes work. after all, i never got an A in calculus.

So basically, start out with a fact that they can't refute. This puts them on guard and in a defensive position because now, they know they are dealing with more than the average ignorant joe on the street and that they can't talk over your head. Additionally, they understand that the CO2 spectrum is saturated and they understand that no scientist will refute that. This means that they either need to back down or try and convince you of a much less plausible explanation for why you should believe that an increasing CO2 concentration will contribute to global warming. That is the water vapor feedback. Which we haven't even got there yet in this thread because, nobody from this site is even past the saturation argument. BTW, you don't need calculus to understand this. Not all physics requires calculus.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
So basically, start out with a fact that they can't refute. This puts them on guard and in a defensive position because now, they know they are dealing with more than the average ignorant joe on the street and that they can't talk over your head. Additionally, they understand that the CO2 spectrum is saturated and they understand that no scientist will refute that. This means that they either need to back down or try and convince you of a much less plausible explanation for why you should believe that an increasing CO2 concentration will contribute to global warming. That is the water vapor feedback. Which we haven't even got there yet in this thread because, nobody from this site is even past the saturation argument. BTW, you don't need calculus to understand this. Not all physics requires calculus.
not even close based on what i'm reading on the internet.

an·ec·dote
/ˈanəkˌdōt/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. a short amusing or interesting story about a real incident or person.
    "told anecdotes about his job"

At this point she's just taunting me because she knows I'm not authorized to speak for Duke-Energy.

You have no idea how difficult it is for me not to respond to this post.

What people need to understand about the junk science of climate change is that all the infrared heat coming form the surface of the earth that can be absorbed is already being absorbed. Therefore, adding more carbon dioxide to the atmosphere doesn't create any more greenhouse effect. We know this by looking at the black body radiation curve. This curve represents the total energy that can be absorbed by radiation and compare that to the amount of radiation already being absorbed by carbon dioxide and water vapor. This is the check mate argument against all climate alarmist who say our use of fossil fuel is going to heat up the planet, melt the ice and cause sea levels to rise.

What people need to understand about the junk science of climate change is that all the infrared heat coming form the surface of the earth that can be absorbed is already being absorbed. Therefore, adding more carbon dioxide to the atmosphere doesn't create any more greenhouse effect. We know this by looking at the black body radiation curve. This curve represents the total energy that can be absorbed by radiation and compare that to the amount of radiation already being absorbed by carbon dioxide and water vapor. This is the check mate argument against all climate alarmist who say our use of fossil fuel is going to heat up the planet, melt the ice and cause sea levels to rise.
So you're saying that fossil fuels are playing no part, what so ever, in the heating of the planet???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT