ADVERTISEMENT

In honor of baseball season returning and a request for the Miami Scouting report

Cabotiger

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2003
Cabo San Lucas, BCS Mexico
by @HumbleTiger

Here you go and enjoy

I'm the definition of a lurker, but my one claim to fame on TI is getting a scouting report from my high school baseball teammate who at the time was the UM baseball manager. I asked him for a brief scouting report and this is what he came back with...

** I added a "where are they now" as best I could.

1.) Tyler Palmer - RF - fast as fck, drops dck

• Drafted in the 21st round by the Angels
  • Single A, .256 hitter, 4 HR and 23 SB in two years in the minors

2.) Dale Carey - CF - Mr. Best of the Best for 2 months straight in the spring on ESPN, absolutely rakes, fast as sht, and has an absolute machete from the outfield

• Drafted in the 7th round by the Nationals
  • Single A - .238 hitter, 11 HR, 70 RBI and 16 SB in two years in the minors

3.) Peter O'Brien - C - What else is there to say? The best player in the country hands down. Drafted in the 3rd round last year but decided being a hurricane and being close to home was better for him. Absolute animal, drops 500 ft tanks on command

• Drafted in the 2nd round by the Yankees, but now he’s with the Dbacks
  • Hit .284 with 26 HR and 107 RBI in AAA in 2015
  • 2015 September call-up
  • Drops tanks but is blocked by Goldschmidt at 1st

4.) Brad Fieger - 3B - best overall hitter in the country, dont even bother trying to pitch around him cause he rakes any ball pitched at any location

- Out of baseball

5.) Rony Rodriguez - LF - hit 14 jacks last year, massive pop in his stick, make one mistake on the mound and the ball will land in Georgia

- Out of baseball since 2013

6.) Esteban Tresgallo - 1B - absolutely rakes, straight boricua from puerto rico who hit rocks with sticks and now just absolutely shts on ACC pitching

- Out of baseball

7.) Stephen Perez - 2B - best hands in the country, future starting second basemen/shortstop in the show, switch hitter, can fly around the bases and is extremely baseball smart

• Drafted in the 8th round by the Nationals
  • In 408 Single A (High) games, he’s hit .233 with 9 HR, 165 RBI, and 53 SB

8.) Michael Broad - DH - Mr. Little League Legend himself (back from when we were 12 and was our year to go to the LLWS he was on the FL team that won the whole thing and he was the best player, threw like 80 and dropped tanks), really good hitter, hits the ball wherever its pitched, flies on the bases, great pure hitter

• Went undrafted and is playing independent baseball in Lancaster, PA

9.) Jarred Mederos - SS - starting SS for the USA team who won the pan-am games two summers ago, unbelievably soft hands, solid hitter, makes up part of the best middle infield in the country/double-play combo ever

• Playing independent ball for the Gary Indiana SouthShore RailCats

Pitchers:

1.) Eric Erickson - LHP - straight filth, dont even bother bringing a bat to the plate cause it wont touch the ball

• Was at UM for 6 years because of two Tommy John surgeries.
  • Went back to UM to get his masters in arts and liberal studies - good for him
  • Pitched 12 games over two years in the Minors, but hasn’t pitched since 2014

2.) Eric Whaley - RHP - future starter in the MLB, nasty stuff, burns through team's lineups like its his job

- Out of baseball

3.) Steven Ewing - LHP - has a nasty mustache, has gross stuff, will eat you alive

• Drafted in the 20th round by the Mariners
  • Pitched for two years in High A for the Clinton Lumber Kings in Iowa
  • Had a 4.83 ERA over two years before hangin them up in 2013

Closer: EJ Encinosa - RHP - the most run/sink on any fastball youll ever see, runs his fastball up to 98, usually sits 94-96, absolutely incredible

• Drafted in the 7th Round by the Giants
  • Has a 4.28 ERA over four years with his ERA increasing every year.
  • Played for the Augusta Green Jackets in 2015

Bullpen: Best bullpen in the country without a doubt, dont even think about scoring a run
Clemson took 2 of 3 in the series
Next year I'll be previewing their kid's little league seasons

Reactions: blizzard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News