ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting question for the board

johnhugh

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 23, 2003
Parent’s house
www.msnbc.com
One of my mom's close friends moved to Easley a probably 7 or 9 years ago. Her neighbors are big time conservatives and have told her they do not want their son to attend college for fear of him "being turned into a liberal".

What are your thoughts on this parent? I am not sure what is more shocking, that she is scared of her son seeking out higher education or the fact that she labels areas of higher education as inherently liberal (which makes this story even more hilarious than it already is)

One of my mom's close friends moved to Easley a probably 7 or 9 years ago. Her neighbors are big time conservatives and have told her they do not want their son to attend college for fear of him "being turned into a liberal".

What are your thoughts on this parent? I am not sure what is more shocking, that she is scared of her son seeking out higher education or the fact that she labels areas of higher education as inherently liberal (which makes this story even more hilarious than it already is)
I agree with the parents to a certain extent. By and large institutions of higher learning are certainly not conservative. However I think anyone smart enough to be accepted to any college can certainly think for themselves and form their own opinions.

Fear is relative. She’s not wrong.

I agree with the parents to a certain extent. By and large institutions of higher learning are certainly not conservative. However I think anyone smart enough to be accepted to any college can certainly think for themselves and form their own opinions.

I mean, you can always grab a degree from Anderson, Charleston southern, etc if you're that concerned...

Haven't you spent 100k+ on a degree and now live with your parents?

I think your parents failed you and you have failed your parents.

Haven't you spent 100k+ on a degree and now live with your parents?

I think your parents failed you and you have failed your parents.
Earned plenty of academic scholarships while at Clemson, went for about 40-50% off. Do live with my parents right now, but it is temporary.
Statistically speaking, most college professors are liberal. They shape the minds of young people. I understand that part of it but just raise a smart kid who isn’t easily manipulated and let them earn a degree.
I don’t think this woman is capable of raising a smart kid. Definitely agree with what you’re saying though.

Reactions: Clem'sSon

You have hereby been summarily dismissed from #TeamZFG.

(FTR, your concerns are valid......and this is coming for an old, crusty, conservative. Let the youngster hear it all and make his/her own decisions).

John - quit letting your 12 year old cousin use your membership.

Reactions: GMClemson33

Send him to Bob Jones or Liberty University.

Statistically speaking, most college professors are liberal. They shape the minds of young people. I understand that part of it but just raise a smart kid who isn’t easily manipulated and let them earn a degree.

Liberal professors can only influence those whose parents did a poor job teaching values to their kids in the first place.

Identity politics is a mental disorder.

I started to respond then stopped. Then posted this which in and of itself is a response.

Reactions: SpillerTime
A perfect 10/10.

Well done @johnhugh, playing 5d underwater chess with these inbreds.

@johnhugh is the perfect example of why college education for most people is a giant scam:

100k in debt + the 200k he’s already missed out on if he was making 50k a year the last 4 years.
Lives with parents
Liberal
Womanless
Spends 40+hrs a week on a message board
Low self esteem

Reactions: Cabotiger
Fair enough but in my defense I am responding to them seriously. I can’t imagine being so ingrained in politics that I tell my child to not go to college.
Yea that’s a little scary. There is some valid thought in there but their alternative certainly isn’t the answer.

Johnhugh tutored players on the football team while at Clemson.

The kid is a graduate of Clemson University and his father graduated 3 years behind me.

And he's one hell of a good troll and y'all continue to bite that hook.

@johnhugh is the perfect example of why college education for most people is a giant scam:

100k in debt + the 200k he’s already missed out on if he was making 50k a year the last 4 years.
Lives with parents
Liberal
Womanless
Low self esteem
Have zero debt
Do live with my parents (not for too much longer)
I have a partner so I am not womanless
Spend probably 1-2 hours per day on this site as I tend to read it when I wake up and eat breakfast
Self esteem is a 7/10 I would say

Lives with parents
Liberal
Womanless
Low self esteem

If this is wrong, I don’t won’t to be right! Go Tigers!

Johnhugh tutored players on the football team while at Clemson.

The kid is a graduate of Clemson University and his father graduated 3 years behind me.

And he's one hell of a good troll and y'all continue to bite that hook.

He’s trolled you into thinking he is something other than just another loser millennial, pink hat wearing, Hillary sympathizer.

Get a grip. Lots of weirdos tutor athletes.

You sound obsessed.

Reactions: Cabotiger
Most professors are liberal. If you think you’re kid will be brainwashed by that then you should also think your kid is too stupid to even get in to college.

Reactions: johnhugh

Lives with parents
Liberal
Womanless
Low self esteem
50k jobs out there for someone with no education? Where? If that were true, all these McD’s workers who think they deserve $15 an hour would quit and take those jobs.

Hey John Are you more excited about our football season or Bernie Sanders 2016 campaign platform? Be honest now.

I am not the one obsessed.
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT