ADVERTISEMENT

It’s happening : MLS is having teams pull out of the return edit: Pac12 and Sec to follow suit

GoodWord28

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013
No link, but if things haven’t improved dramatically, the Pac12 and SEC will move to cancel the fall season and plan for the spring.

Unfortunately, this is ultimately gonna lead to us only seeing TL and ETN a few more games.

UNC and OSU have cancelled workouts. The big ten is moving to a 10 game conference only schedule. The Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports. The ACC has moved to a Sep start date for all sports etc etc etc

All this and we are still 2 months away from the season starting. Whether we should keep pushing forward or not, the reality is that the problems that cause every sport to shut down in the spring still exist and are causing the same reactions again.

Last edited:
Reactions: CUFever91
This. Is. Stupid.
Until you realize community hospitals in upstate will be full of COVID patients in 1 to 2 weeks.
Listen , I want football to happen in worst way but I'm coming to realize sports seasons, especially in HS sports, is going be hard to justify. Record hospitalizations in SC has been set each day for at least last week.

Will be interesting to see.
I just watched ESPN's segment. They're saying they don't anticipate college football happening in November - if at all - due to the delayed U.S. response & case growth.

All the pro sports teams are in team bubbles.
Hard to do that with an entire college football program per school.

I hate it.

Until you realize community hospitals in upstate will be full of COVID patients in 1 to 2 weeks.
Listen , I want football to happen in worst way but I'm coming to realize sports seasons, especially in HS sports, is going be hard to justify. Record hospitalizations in SC for at least last week.
My family had to go to a Greenville hospital this week for a couple of nights. For us it was an absolute horror show & worsening fast.

My family had to go to a Greenville hospital this week for a couple of nights. For us it was an absolute horror show & worsening fast.

I certainly am not asking for any details regarding why you and your family were there or even which hospital it was. But could you elaborate on your impressions/observations while you were there?

Reactions: funkbott
All I ask is that IF football is canceled this year you blame one person and one person only. Donald Trump. He has managed this public health crisis like a complete idiot and clown.

200.gif

You are right, of course. I'm just tried of this being the direction of every...single...thread these days. And I get sucked into them all because of how much I can't stand that joke of a "leader". So sad that we are so divided.

Issue with the MLS is these teams not named Atlanta United have to factor in if second place is worth the risk.

I fear the same can happen in the ACC. Is second place in the ACC good enough motivation for any team not named Clemson?

Reactions: dickerj
Listen , I want football to happen in worst way but I'm coming to realize sports seasons, especially in HS sports, is going be hard to justify. Record hospitalizations in SC has been set each day for at least last week.

Can you provide me age data for said hospitalizations?

Unfortunately, this is ultimately gonna lead to us only seeing TL and ETN a few more games.

UNC and OSU have cancelled workouts. The big ten is moving to a 10 game conference only schedule. The Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports. The ACC has moved to a Sep start date for all sports etc etc etc

All this and we are still 2 months away from the season starting. Whether we should keep pushing forward or not, the reality is that the problems that cause every sport to shut down in the spring still exist and are causing the same reactions again.

Wait til the sc high school league publicly releases its schedule for sporting events.....

Spring football anyone???

All I ask is that IF football is canceled this year you blame one person and one person only. Donald Trump. He has managed this public health crisis like a complete idiot and clown.

Please do not politicize this event. In fact, he's followed the lead from across the isle in most cases (CDC and WHO backed of course).

I certainly am not asking for any details regarding why you and your family were there or even which hospital it was. But could you elaborate on your impressions/observations while you were there?
I'm sure someone will tell me why my impressions are wrong, but here goes

1) MY IMPRESSION is that even if the hospitals aren't at capacity in terms of beds, they're awfully close in terms of their human resources. Doctors/nurses/staff seemed stretched really thin. Doctors/nurses/staff are tired and they realize it appears to be getting worse every day right now.

2) My impression is that we got crappy care b/c my family needs someone to do a deep dive in terms of neurological diagnostics & the hospital just can't do that right now. There are fires everywhere that need their attention & other care suffers as a result.

3) The hospitals are cracking down on visitors and visiting policies and security was called to get someone to leave every day we were there. These were wildly emotional scenes and make an already tough environment even tougher.

4) Hospitalists specifically seem overworked and don't appear have enough time to manage current caseloads. We had one doc swing by, quickly look at the chart and actually say "I don't have time to get into this, but I'll make sure you aren't charged for me coming by". That was a first.

5) ER is a scary place right now. There were some really sick people waiting and masks were not worn by all. Distancing was somewhat observed but it felt tense and BUSY. Waits were understandably long, but that prolongs your time in the ER.

5) My family member is having some neurological problems and isn't safe without care. But the hospitalist said to go home anyway b/c the hospital needed the bed. And discharged us.

So IT FEELS LIKE we just went around in a big circle to get an MRI and a PET scan. A plan for follow-up care was expected, but was not provided.

These are really tough times if your health isn't good.

Will be interesting to see.
I just watched ESPN's segment. They're saying they don't anticipate college football happening in November - if at all - due to the delayed U.S. response & case growth.

All the pro sports teams are in team bubbles.
Hard to do that with an entire college football program per school.

I hate it.
ESPN is ultimately a Disney company & we know how far left they’ve went. They don’t want any shred of normalcy until after the election. Why else would an entity like ESPN, which is a sports-programming company, be pushing so hard to cancel all sports? particularly football? It ain’t cause they care about your well-being I assure you.

FC Dallas pulled out last week because they had double digit positive cases on the team and Nashville pulled out because they had 9.

It is also a Tournament, so if you can’t play your games then you are out. No way to reschedule.

Agree that unless NCAA allows players to play with positive tests unlike all other paid sports then it will be tough. No bubble. College campus are Petri dishes, so there will be positive cases likely lots of them.

It is why lots of conferences are looking at playing a 10 game seasons in the same length of time as a typically season because they need more bye weeks windows for make up games.

Reactions: my95GTHO
Please do not politicize this event. In fact, he's followed the lead from across the isle in most cases (CDC and WHO backed of course).
Who are you kidding? He opposes just about everything Dr. Fauci says. He has not followed guidance when he was tweeting "Liberate Michigan", "Liberate Virginia"... He was not following expert guidance when he suggested maybe we could take a disinfectant and be rid of it. He was not following guidance when he first said he was going to open the country and the governors could not oppose him because he had ultimate authority. I could go on and on.

ESPN is ultimately a Disney company & we know how far left they’ve went. They don’t want any shred of normalcy until after the election. Why else would an entity like ESPN, which is a sports-programming company, be pushing so hard to cancel all sports? particularly football? It ain’t cause they care about your well-being I assure you.
You are an idiot if you think ESPN - whose revenue is tied to sports - wants there to be no sports. Do you realize how much $ Disney will lose if there is no College or NFL seasons? Please think before typing.

1) MY IMPRESSION is that even if the hospitals aren't at capacity in terms of beds, they're awfully close in terms of their human resources. Doctors/nurses/staff seemed stretched really thin. Doctors/nurses/staff are tired and they realize it appears to be getting worse every day right now.

2) My impression is that we got crappy care b/c my family needs someone to do a deep dive in terms of neurological diagnostics & the hospital just can't do that right now. There are fires everywhere that need their attention & other care suffers as a result.

3) The hospitals are cracking down on visitors and visiting policies and security was called to get someone to leave every day we were there. These were wildly emotional scenes and make an already tough environment even tougher.

4) Hospitalists specifically seem overworked and don't appear have enough time to manage current caseloads. We had one doc swing by, quickly look at the chart and actually say "I don't have time to get into this, but I'll make sure you aren't charged for me coming by". That was a first.

5) ER is a scary place right now. There were some really sick people waiting and masks were not worn by all. Distancing was somewhat observed but it felt tense and BUSY. Waits were understandably long, but that prolongs your time in the ER.

5) My family member is having some neurological problems and isn't safe without care. But the hospitalist said to go home anyway b/c the hospital needed the bed. And discharged us.

So IT FEELS LIKE we just went around in a big circle to get an MRI and a PET scan. A plan for follow-up care was expected, but was not provided.

Thanks for this. I've spent a lot of time in the hospital with family members before. You can pick up a lot in a very brief time of being there. Appreciate you taking the time to type this up. Best wishes to your family.

I actually will blame the governors. Outside of New York and New Jersey the first shutdown should have never happened. Now we are actually at a point where we probably need to shutdown but we can’t afford to stop again.

You are an idiot if you think ESPN - whose revenue is tied to sports - wants there to be no sports. Do you realize how much $ Disney will lose if there is no College or NFL seasons? Please think before typing.
Am I? The powers that be are plenty rich & Disney itself is wealthy enough to absorb the hit...
If they needed the money that bad, they wouldn’t be pushing to cancel football...no way, no how.
Please think before you type.

No link, but if things haven’t improved dramatically, the Pac12 and SEC will move to cancel the fall season and plan for the spring.

UNC and OSU have cancelled workouts. The big ten is moving to a 10 game conference only schedule. The Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports. The ACC has moved to a Sep start date for all sports etc etc et.

Where are you seeing this talk about the Pac12 and SEC canceling and moving to the spring?

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85

There won’t ever be a vaccine. So bye sports forever I guess.

Am I? The powers that be are plenty rich & Disney itself is wealthy enough to absorb the hit...
If they needed the money that bad, they wouldn’t be pushing to cancel football...no way, no how.

All DIS and most companies care about is STOCK PRICE and short-term profitability. This is killing their bottom line right now, and no sports means revenue drops even further. Plus Trump is good for news stations, because every night people want to see what stupid sh!t came out of his mouth that day.

But yeah, keep on with your narrative. I'm sure repeating it in nearly every thread helps you believe it and lets you believe everyone else are sheep.

--Mr. DT

It actually worked out kinda for MLS, let them have 6 groups of 4 instead of that weird group of 6 they ended up with.

Were you at GMH?

dang man. Their parks, merchandise, and generally all sales will be down. I don't think you understand how a business of that size works. They don't just have barrels of cash lying around waiting to stick it to the right. They are, probably, already hemorrhaging money.

Reactions: Marionman1973
Oh boy two weeks again!!!

7eb

Last edited:
Reactions: skinnyka02
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT