ADVERTISEMENT

It’s happening : MLS is having teams pull out of the return edit: Pac12 and Sec to follow suit

Maaaan this had to the be year I planned a wedding and Clemson played near Chicago...

All I ask is that IF football is canceled this year you blame one person and one person only. Donald Trump. He has managed this public health crisis like a complete idiot and clown.

The vast majority of this board will never admit that. Because they're incapable of any criticism of Dear Leader. They'd be perfect loyal subjects in any number of totalitarian countries.

Who are you kidding? He opposes just about everything Dr. Fauci says. He has not followed guidance when he was tweeting "Liberate Michigan", "Liberate Virginia"... He was not following expert guidance when he suggested maybe we could take a disinfectant and be rid of it. He was not following guidance when he first said he was going to open the country and the governors could not oppose him because he had ultimate authority. I could go on and on.
Trump says lots of stupid stuff that his administration mostly ignores. He's bad leader, and he contributes to people's confusion. In fact, he's the one who is probably most responsible for this virus being politicized. However, the dumb stuff he says is mostly ineffectual as far as the actual concrete efforts being made to combat the virus.

dang man. Their parks, merchandise, and generally all sales will be down. I don't think you understand how a business of that size works. They don't just have barrels of cash lying around waiting to stick it to the right. They are, probably, already hemorrhaging money.
Oh I do...

But if they needed it so bad, they wouldn’t be pushing so hard to shut it down, would they?

Last edited:
Reactions: BigTimeTiger
No link, but if things haven’t improved dramatically, the Pac12 and SEC will move to cancel the fall season and plan for the spring.

Unfortunately, this is ultimately gonna lead to us only seeing TL and ETN a few more games.

UNC and OSU have cancelled workouts. The big ten is moving to a 10 game conference only schedule. The Ivy League has cancelled all fall sports. The ACC has moved to a Sep start date for all sports etc etc etc

All this and we are still 2 months away from the season starting. Whether we should keep pushing forward or not, the reality is that the problems that cause every sport to shut down in the spring still exist and are causing the same reactions again.
I’d rather play in the spring, but why would TL and ETN not play? They’ll probably just push the NFL Draft back a bit.

Reactions: scartiger
Oh I do...

But if they needed it so bad, they wouldn’t be pushing so hard to shut it down, would they?!hee was g gf Greg is Tess I was f he msaid tjyr

Neither ESPN nor parent company Disney is “pushing “ to shut down football. Good grief man

One or two TV/radio personalities were asked their opinion. They gave it.

That doesn’t equate to the whole corporation/company “pushing” to shut it down

I don’t think any college sports will be played this fall. Doesn’t mean I am pushing for that. Same for others

You are an idiot if you think ESPN - whose revenue is tied to sports - wants there to be no sports. Do you realize how much $ Disney will lose if there is no College or NFL seasons? Please think before typing.

There's no thinking any more. Donald Trump says we should open up the country. If anyone disagrees with that or even points out why it may be a bad idea.. they are automatically part of the radical left and hope to destroy America. So...YES those Disney bastards that just bought ESPN are throwing all that money away just to GET Donald Trump. Mickey and Donald (Duck) join the Deep State AND the NWO.

Neither ESPN nor parent company Disney is “pushing “ to shut down football. Good grief man

I don’t think any college sports will be played this fall. Doesn’t mean I am pushing for that. Same for others

Same here man... don't see it happening, but just HOPING.

Until you realize community hospitals in upstate will be full of COVID patients in 1 to 2 weeks.
Listen , I want football to happen in worst way but I'm coming to realize sports seasons, especially in HS sports, is going be hard to justify. Record hospitalizations in SC has been set each day for at least last week.
2 weeks lol

Trump says lots of stupid stuff that his administration mostly ignores. He's bad leader, and he contributes to people's confusion. In fact, he's the one who is probably most responsible for this virus being politicized. However, the dumb stuff he says is mostly ineffectual as far as the actual concrete efforts being made to combat the virus.

You ever wonder why all of these small businesses were shutdown, yet Walmart and Lowes were 'allowed' to stay open?

You ever wonder why liquor stores and abortion clinics were deemed essential, yet you couldn't get a haircut?

You ever wonder why Hydrocloroquine, which has been around for many years with little to no risk, all of sudden was harmful to patients and yet there was constant chatter of the benefits from other countries? Why such a coordinated effort to downplay it? I thought we were in a pandemic. Shouldn't we be looking outside the box to save lives?

You ever wonder why people like you preach to the masses about my body my choice and allow millions of babies to be killed and sold for body parts, but then wonder why people like me don't take you serious when you flip on a dime and tell me we should be concerned for human life?

Have you wondered why the 'government' allowed thousands to protest in close proximity, but never said a word, but continue to close beaches, churches, funeral services, weddings, and graduations?

Sorry, but the lack of consistent messages by all of the politically focused Governors and Mayors is what caused this. Show me logically thought out and consistent application to what you suggest we should do and I will become complicit. Until then, they can F off.

Where was the pandemic, MSM outcry, and masks when this occurred?
https://dailypost.ng/2019/10/18/1-5-million-people-die-tuberculosis-2018-reveals/

Why doesn't this get mass coverage? Shouldn't we be praising our doctors for finding solutions to such a deadly event? There almost seems to be a concerted effort to silence these type of findings... Hmmm.

Umm id say Joe (xenophobia) or nancy (Chinatown)

Were the first to politicize

Who are you kidding? He opposes just about everything Dr. Fauci says. He has not followed guidance when he was tweeting "Liberate Michigan", "Liberate Virginia"... He was not following expert guidance when he suggested maybe we could take a disinfectant and be rid of it. He was not following guidance when he first said he was going to open the country and the governors could not oppose him because he had ultimate authority. I could go on and on.
Paid for by the Dubracrat National Party campaign for sleepy Joe. Well done.

Hey bud...they started pushing for it back in March...not just one or two personalities either.

Hey bud...they started pushing for it back in March...not just one or two personalities either.
So are you saying that a couple broadcasters can influence what football conferences will do this fall? That’s just ridiculous. Everyone is out to get Trump - I mean even foreign leaders are conspiring I suppose to keep the virus in the news - until Biden is elected president (I guess).

Shut it down until next spring sports. If it's still around then open it back up 100% don't matter.

Colleges won't have the money for spring sports. Maybe they can play basketball, b/c that turns a profit. But without football, no other spring sport will be played.

Some schools (if not all) will cancel campus class and go online only. The domino's will be bigger than we've seen, to date.

Reactions: scartiger
All I ask is that IF football is canceled this year you blame one person and one person only. Donald Trump. He has managed this public health crisis like a complete idiot and clown.
I can’t stand the incompetent jackass. But I truly believe we would be in the same place regardless of who is president. Just a lot more civility. We were hosed when the folks in China tried to sweep it under the rug initially and flights out continued. That ended all chance of containment. But the virus may prevent a re-election... Gotta look ahead.

FC Dallas pulled out last week because they had double digit positive cases on the team and Nashville pulled out because they had 9.

It is also a Tournament, so if you can’t play your games then you are out. No way to reschedule.

Agree that unless NCAA allows players to play with positive tests unlike all other paid sports then it will be tough. No bubble. College campus are Petri dishes, so there will be positive cases likely lots of them.

It is why lots of conferences are looking at playing a 10 game seasons in the same length of time as a typically season because they need more bye weeks windows for make up games.

So legitimate question here.

If they are getting covid under doctors care and living in a bubble why not play anyways, seems to me if its that contagious the whole globe is going to have it in a month or two.

You think your odds of getting it at the grocery store, restauarant, etc...are better?

I can’t stand the incompetent jackass. But I truly believe we would be in the same place regardless of who is president. Just a lot more civility. We were hosed when the folks in China tried to sweep it under the rug initially and flights out continued. That ended all chance of containment. But the virus may prevent a re-election... Gotta look ahead.

And this right here sums up why over half the country believes this is somewhat of a scam/production

Colleges won't have the money for spring sports. Maybe they can play basketball, b/c that turns a profit. But without football, no other spring sport will be played.

Some schools (if not all) will cancel campus class and go online only. The domino's will be bigger than we've seen, to date.

You will have industry bankruptcy, schools close, millions lose jobs.

This will be worse than covid. Way worse

Reactions: RodnHe
You ever wonder why all of these small businesses were shutdown, yet Walmart and Lowes were 'allowed' to stay open?

You ever wonder why liquor stores and abortion clinics were deemed essential, yet you couldn't get a haircut?

You ever wonder why Hydrocloroquine, which has been around for many years with little to no risk, all of sudden was harmful to patients and yet there was constant chatter of the benefits from other countries? Why such a coordinated effort to downplay it? I thought we were in a pandemic. Shouldn't we be looking outside the box to save lives?

You ever wonder why people like you preach to the masses about my body my choice and allow millions of babies to be killed and sold for body parts, but then wonder why people like me don't take you serious when you flip on a dime and tell me we should be concerned for human life?

Have you wondered why the 'government' allowed thousands to protest in close proximity, but never said a word, but continue to close beaches, churches, funeral services, weddings, and graduations?

Sorry, but the lack of consistent messages by all of the politically focused Governors and Mayors is what caused this. Show me logically thought out and consistent application to what you suggest we should do and I will become complicit. Until then, they can F off.

Where was the pandemic, MSM outcry, and masks when this occurred?
https://dailypost.ng/2019/10/18/1-5-million-people-die-tuberculosis-2018-reveals/

Why doesn't this get mass coverage? Shouldn't we be praising our doctors for finding solutions to such a deadly event? There almost seems to be a concerted effort to silence these type of findings... Hmmm.

And even though Budesonide has evidence worldwide, you will hear that its not safe, not proven and we wont use it etc....

If for no other reason than our talking head “experts” are trained to only tout something that has gone through multiple phases of clinical trials and is approved by the FDA... part of it is worrying about getting their asses sued off, part being made fun of and ostracized, and part of it is a lame ass lemming culture that has developed and permeats “science”. Tons of examples - and definitely not just Medical Science.

And if that wasnt enough, even if it sees the light of day here in the US - it probably gets the hydroxychloroquine treatment by the “Orange Man Bad” crowd.

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Meyers-MMH-will-not-be-testing-budesonide-15397847.php

Last edited:
If you’re going to blame person .... it should be Xi Jinping ... you know the Winnie the Pooh pig f*er who actually caused all this.

if you need to blame two people then add Tedros Adhanom, general director of the WHO ... you know the f’r who was incompetent in his job that he repeated the Chinese propaganda BS that there was no human to human transmission for Coronavirus and spread that BS all around the world.

if you need to blame a third ... then blame Trump.

You must watch CNN. Good things them Dems weren’t in control. No ban on travel from China and Europe, Come on downtown and enjoy yourself here in Frisco and NYC. Wasn’t it Fauci and WHO the guys who said you don’t need nor should you wear mask. And he never said maybe you should drink disinfectant and even if he did why would you be stupid enough to do it. Maybe you shouldn’t go on and on. Thanks though for input.

You will have industry bankruptcy, schools close, millions lose jobs.

This will be worse than covid. Way worse
So you are saying that the economy isn’t roaring back like Trump says?

Do you think that if people go back to work and school that airlines will immediately recover and all of their jobs will be spared? Do you think companies will go back to hosting huge conferences and people, like lemmings, will follow?

If so, there’s some oceanfront property in Arizona I’d like to see you. Because people are smarter than Trump. Who is stopping you from doing whatever you want to do right now? Go ahead and hop on a plane; stay in a hotel; party on the beach; hold dinners for 50 at your house. But most people are more cautious than that and just saying the economy is open won’t change the behavior of most people.

Ok , I’ll not do the defend Trump thing . But seriously , really seriously let me ask you what you or Hillary or even a Biden would have done differently. Given that you have 50 states, some that work with you and some that don’t . Remember when Trump started talking about closing down diff things and many Governors said he didn’t speak for them ? And now Gov’s like Cuomo just said he doesn’t tell states what to do when opening schools . You’ve got a divided country , less than 15 percent of school funding is federal , Governors don’t agree , there’s constant sniping from liberal media , etc. So please tell me what will the Democrats do with the same situation? They will have the media on their side for sure but what will they do . In all honesty Trump has an impossible job . For every SC , Ga. , Texas there is a NY , Calif. , Illinois , etc . So tell me Chuck , what are you and Joe and Nancy and Chuck S. gonna do ? What are you going to do in a Federal government where states control many of their destinations To get all 50 of them to do the same thing ? You and Nancy and Chuck and Joe are going to be in charge so what are you going to do ? So you’re in charge what’s your plan ?

So you are saying that the economy isn’t roaring back like Trump says?

Do you think that if people go back to work and school that airlines will immediately recover and all of their jobs will be spared? Do you think companies will go back to hosting huge conferences and people, like lemmings, will follow?

If so, there’s some oceanfront property in Arizona I’d like to see you. Because people are smarter than Trump. Who is stopping you from doing whatever you want to do right now? Go ahead and hop on a plane; stay in a hotel; party on the beach; hold dinners for 50 at your house. But most people are more cautious than that and just saying the economy is open won’t change the behavior of most people.

i think this administration is doing its best to keep our economy running underneath impossible circumstances.

i think the economy is making a comeback, but we cannot afford for schools to shut down again and our education system crumble

200.gif

You are right, of course. I'm just tried of this being the direction of every...single...thread these days. And I get sucked into them all because of how much I can't stand that joke of a "leader". So sad that we are so divided.
Hate to break it to you, but Trump has NOTHING to do with us being divided.

Simple fact that poor leadership and politicization of facts got the free birds all rustled. Look you can't go around calling masks a communist plot and then get upset when not wearing them doesn't work.
You followed the leadership of certain people now we don't have our season... whoops.

Reactions: cyclotiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT