ADVERTISEMENT

It’s time for ‘The Masters’ tournament to change its name

HumasButthole

Valles Marineris
Jul 9, 2019
Anthony Weiner’s Laptop
It’s beyond ridiculous that Augusta National insists on pushing such a hateful, disgusting name in the faces of American citizens

Thank God people like Rob Parker are out there using their platform as a journalist to pressure famous people like Tiger Woods into fighting such mindless bigotry and senseless racism. It’s past time for Augusta National to do the right thing.

It’s the change we all want. It’s the change we all need. Let’s.Get.It.Done.

#Change
#BlackTransLivesMatter #BreakingUpTheOldBoysClub
#TheresNoCryingInGolfball
#ImStillWithHer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadsp...h-the-masters-name-long-enough-1844121041/amp

Reactions: Tigerfaith
tenor.gif

“The league (NFL) has now committed $250 million to help fight racism in this country.“

Serious question, Where is this money going? Who’s being paid this money?

Mr Parker said People think of slavery when hearing about “The Masters”. There are 3 people in the vehicle with me right now and I asked them what they thought of when hearing The Masters.

Not ONE said slavery. We view things through our own prism. Mr Parker just let everyone into his world of thought. That’s sad

Last edited:
“The league (NFL) has now committed $250 million to help fight racism in this country.“

Serious question, Where is this money going? Who’s being paid this money?

Mr Parker said People think of slavery when hearing about “The Masters”. There are 3 people in the vehicle with me right now and I asked them what they thought of when hearing The Masters.

Not ONE said slavery. We view things through our own prism. Mr Parker just let everyone into his world of thought. That’s sad
It’s because normal people (not those who have lost their mind in the last couple of months) think of golf when they hear The Masters.

It’s because normal people (not those who have lost their mind in the last couple of months) think of golf when they hear The Masters.
So here’s what I’m going to do. My wife, kids and I left this morning at 5:50 am from Greensboro to go to Memphis for my sons baseball tournament this week.

I’m going to ask 30 people today on our travels what they honestly think of when hearing “The Masters”. I’ll report back by the end of the night. Yes, I’ll keep a running log on my phone. This should be fun and I’ll probably get some funny looks. LOL

So here’s what I’m going to do. My wife, kids and I left this morning at 5:50 am from Greensboro to go to Memphis for my sons baseball tournament this week.

I’m going to ask 30 people today on our travels what they honestly think of when hearing “The Masters”. I’ll report back by the end of the night. Yes, I’ll keep a running log on my phone. This should be fun and I’ll probably get some funny looks. LOL
Haha...somehow I have a feeling this poll will be flawed

Reactions: harristeeter

If you want this to get interesting, make about 10 of the 30 people black.

Not flaming and never thought about the term being racist. Just curious about the outcome and glad you will do the hard work while I slowly get drunk at the beach.

Our culture, traditions, heritage and history are being wiped out before our eyes and yet we do nothing. And I’m not referring to any one race. I’m referring to Americans. Those that forget their history are doomed to repeat it. Good men won’t or can’t even stand to protect monuments which would simply mean rotating a small team in and out but the government, military, former military, police, citizens etc. just watch. I’m beginning to wonder if we will all stand if they come to tear our homes down. Have we lost all of our will and pride? Are we so wrapped up and enslaved by the worthless dollar that nothing else matters?

This rather small group of lunatics are running wild doing whatever they want with no consequences. The moment it starts happening in the Upstate I’ll do whatever is necessary to prevent it. I just need some help. PM me if you’re willing to stand for something. Just being there in a certain manner is all it would take. They would flee like rats on a sinking ship.

It’s beyond ridiculous that Augusta National insists on pushing such a hateful, disgusting name in the faces of American citizens

Thank God people like Rob Parker are out there using their platform as a journalist to pressure famous people like Tiger Woods into fighting such mindless bigotry and senseless racism. It’s past time for Augusta National to do the right thing.

It’s the change we all want. It’s the change we all need. Let’s.Get.It.Done.

#Change
#BlackTransLivesMatter #BreakingUpTheOldBoysClub
#TheresNoCryingInGolfball
#ImStillWithHer

https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadsp...h-the-masters-name-long-enough-1844121041/amp
When I think of Masters, I think of someone that has mastered the game of golf, i.e. the best players in the game. People are looking under every rock to find racists. The pendulum has swung 180 degrees. Come quickly Lord Jesus.

I guess the Kung Fu guys are screwed. No more Kung Fu masters. So sad....
Good call. The press is insane IMO to cry racism at "Kung Flu". I love that moniker. Can anyone explain to me why that is racist? The Chinese Communist government hates the US. They want to be #1 and will do anything to get there including letting a virus run rampant for at least a week before letting anyone know. I think people have forgotten or are too young to understand why Reagan called Communism and any country that believes in it an evil empire.

When I think of Masters, I think of someone that has mastered the game of golf, i.e. the best players in the game. People are looking under every rock to find racists. The pendulum has swung 180 degrees. Come quickly Lord Jesus.
Your last 4 words are this world's only hope. But it's going to get way rockier before that happens I'm afraid. Still, it's a gift to have that Hope!

So you're going to ask a bunch of white people what they think of? How about also ask them what they think of when they see the Confederate flag

So you're going to ask a bunch of white people what they think of? How about also ask them what they think of when they see the Confederate flag
LOL, you obviously don’t know me. I talk to everyone. Yes, I’m one of those people.

It’s going to be 15 white people and 15 black people.

The masters commitee will not change the name. These guys beat to a different drum!

There is a long list of wrongs with Augusta National’s policies and history of exclusivity to the detriment of others, but the name of their tournament doesn’t rank among them.

Exactly. This whole thing has gotten out of hand. It’s only a matter of time before some dipshit “journalist” calls for the renaming of our university. Mark my words, that demand is coming.

I just learned that Augusta National started admitting women in 2012.

What we need to do, is just nuke the southeast and be rid of the land where this happened. Probably need to go ahead and wipe out the NE to, since they were part of the 13 colonies. Then lets nuke any state where our westward expansion killed native americans. What does that leave us?

I just learned that Augusta National started admitting women in 2012.

What we need to do, is just nuke the southeast and be rid of the land where this happened. Probably need to go ahead and wipe out the NE to, since they were part of the 13 colonies. Then lets nuke any state where our westward expansion killed native americans. What does that leave us?
Seattle?

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
We stopped at a nice hotel to use the restroom. (They’re clean, don’t judge) A nicely dressed black gentleman was standing there so I asked him.

His response: A Master Chef.....he’s a cook. Again, we see things through our own prism. He said people need to stop being “so sensitive” lol

@harristeeter

not to highjack the thread but why has beef consume disappeared from grocery shelves? The shelves at BiLo, Lowes, Ht, Walmart and Fresh Market have been empty since March.

btw when I hear "The Masters" I think of a beautiful golf course, Spring, Golf, cheap beer and concession, great memories but not Slavery

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT