ADVERTISEMENT

It really is remarkable we are still counting votes today and have a long way to go in some states

Willence

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
It would be such a benefit to all involved if we counted votes the way a state like Florida does. We had numerous debacles there and changes were made to make the process streamlined and effective. Why can't do work together to do that elsewhere. It would be such a benefit for all involved and end all the crazy posts we see about conspiracies and vote drops, etc. Is there a reason why someone wouldn't favor this? I can't think of one. It would benefit all sides and eliminate a lot of the acrimony.

It would be such a benefit to all involved if we counted votes the way a state like Florida does. We had numerous debacles there and changes were made to make the process streamlined and effective. Why can't do work together to do that elsewhere. It would be such a benefit for all involved and end all the crazy posts we see about conspiracies and vote drops, etc. Is there a reason why someone wouldn't favor this? I can't think of one. It would benefit all sides and eliminate a lot of the acrimony.

mare you advocating for the federal government to take over elections?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
I'm astonished that anyone thinks such an enormous undertaking should be so cut & dried and quick to render a result. 50 different states with different election laws, hundreds of millions of people involved, layers and layers of beaurocracy...I'm frankly shocked that we usually have results the same night.

No. We can have agreements as to how we do things without having to involve the federal government. Things like cooperation for more effective elections. But I would never advocate for federal control of anything outside of its constitutional duties.

LOL. Beat me to it.

Jokes aside though, this is what you should expect when you have 50 individual states all in charge of their own elections.

If you're running a company and you have 50 employees working under you, and you assign all 50 of them the same task, invariably some are going to complete the task much slower than the average.

LOL. Beat me to it.

Jokes aside though, this is what you should expect when you have 50 individual states all in charge of their own elections.

If you're running a company and you have 50 employees working under you, and you assign all 50 of them the same task, invariably some are going to complete the task much slower than the average.

States can run elections the way they want to in state laws are all over the place. It isn't as though it's all incompetence but it does stand to reason that we could do a better job with things. It shouldn't take so long on the third largest state in the United States can count all their votes by 11:00 in the evening after an election. I'm not for the federal government forcing people to do things to certain way but I am in favor of the people of each state forcing their state government to do things any more streamlined fashion. It would benefit everyone and stop all these crackpot theories about cheating.

States can run elections the way they want to in state laws are all over the place. It isn't as though it's all incompetence but it does stand to reason that we could do a better job with things. It shouldn't take so long on the third largest state in the United States can count all their votes by 11:00 in the evening after an election. I'm not for the federal government forcing people to do things to certain way but I am in favor of the people of each state forcing their state government to do things any more streamlined fashion. It would benefit everyone and stop all these crackpot theories about cheating.
Of course we could do better. In a perfect world, states should be seeking out best practices from others that are doing this more efficiently. But unless you're going to put all states elections under one nationally standardized process (which I'm not advocating), or you're going to implement consequences for states that don't have X% of votes counted by a certain deadline (which again would have to come from the federal level), then there's no incentive for them to deviate from the status quo.

So continue expecting more of this for the foreseeable future.

Kari Lake has pledged to repair the AZ voting process once she is sworn in. She will win too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT