ADVERTISEMENT

It's a lovely night here in Atlanta

Willence

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
Here we go again. Spurred on by the call for a night of rage and that's what we're getting. And of course there will be deafening silence from so many about this. Really tired of people behaving like animals. We sink to our lowest common denominator so often these days. We are so much better than this or at least we should be.

Here we go again. Spurred on by the call for a night of rage and that's what we're getting. And of course there will be deafening silence from so many about this. Really tired of people behaving like animals. We sink to our lowest common denominator so often these days. We are so much better than this or at least we should be.
As an Atlanta tax paying citizen, leave. We don’t need anyone like you here.

As an Atlanta tax paying citizen, leave. We don’t need anyone like you here.

What's a person like me?

Your inner bigot is showing. Funny how folks like you want to return to an era we worked so hard to get past because it was so incredibly wrong.

It's also rather revealing that's your response to a critique of burning and breaking being bad. Pathetic but hey, you're going to do you I suppose.

Last edited:

Thank Barack Obama, Joe Biden and the Woke Democratic Party

If you want a Continuous society where there is literally an ongoing PURGE all the time vote Democratic

The party of hate , racism, hate mongering , hypocrisy, acute and chronic liars, etc

I tell my family including Grandchildren the Democrats ate trying to normalize this behavior but don’t let it become you as it is against everything Christian and Good

Live Better Not Bitter like the Liberals and Democrats

You referring to this? I agree with you though in general.

Simple solution

Declare antifa a terrorist group and seize assets that support their activities such as the rich white
liberal Democrats assets

Put the families out of business
Then to seal the deal show George Soros the business end of a Predator Launched Hellfire Missile

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Wait, are you supportive of what happened?
@TheValley91

dave-chappel.gif

Reactions: PawsFan_
so it was a mostly peaceful protest?

todays left everybody. bunch of white ppl decide to demonstrate how anti-racism they are by going to a city with a majority minority population and proceed to destroy businesses and vehicles. how do their friends support their arrest? firebombing their houses (tents)? just progressives making their version of progress i guess.

What's a person like me?

Your inner bigot is showing. Funny how folks like you want to return to an era we worked so hard to get past because it was so incredibly wrong.

It's also rather revealing that's your response to a critique of burning and breaking being bad. Pathetic but hey, you're going to do you I suppose.
It's rather revealing that your need to create a thread about this shows who you are as someone that knows nothing but feels the need to show your feelings on a subject.

Oh wait, we already knew that.

Reactions: DW4_2016
It's rather revealing that your need to create a thread about this shows who you are as someone that knows nothing but feels the need to show your feelings on a subject.

Oh wait, we already knew that.

So me creating a thread out of frustration over events in the city I live in is what exactly? And it shows I know nothing about what exactly? I have friends and clients who have to deal with this behavior and put their lives at risk to do so...

You must have gone to the Kamala Harris School of talking/communication because you just produced a big word salad and said exactly nothing.

Reactions: PawsFan_
So me creating a thread out of frustration over events in the city I live in is what exactly? And it shows I know nothing about what exactly? I have friends and clients who have to deal with this behavior and put their lives at risk to do so...

You must have gone to the Kamala Harris School of talking/communication because you just produced a big word salad and said exactly nothing.
Jesus christ seriously stop with the hyperbole. Your friends and clients are putting their lives at risk?

I live 10 minutes from where everything happened. Haven't felt one bit in danger and never did before. You sit on a throne of lies to yourself.

If it makes you sleep well then thats good for you. But again, as a tax paying citizen of Atlanta, just leave. Plenty of places in Alpharetta for you to look down on everyone and anything.

can someone please confirm that all the mostly peaceful protestors are double vaxxed and boosted

Thank Barack Obama, Joe Biden and the Woke Democratic Party

If you want a Continuous society where there is literally an ongoing PURGE all the time vote Democratic

The party of hate , racism, hate mongering , hypocrisy, acute and chronic liars, etc

I tell my family including Grandchildren the Democrats ate trying to normalize this behavior but don’t let it become you as it is against everything Christian and Good

Live Better Not Bitter like the Liberals and Democrats
How old are your grandkids?

Has nothing to do with age. It has to do with knowing right from wrong. You guys need to respect the wisdom of your elders and that means us old people.
I wasn't asking you. Are you not getting enough attention here or something?

Fwiw I have more respect for squirrels than I do for either of you individually...or combined.

• Haha

Here's the deal - none of us agree with what happened that night because it was criminal and it was abhorrent. The event that led to it was also despicable and it's completely understandable why the cop shot back at the protestor.

The thing we don't appreciate is the intent behind this post. We know you well enough to know, you wanted to bring this here specifically to inflame tensions and frame this as the result of a political party's ideology, when nothing could be farther from the truth. I am the opposite of you ideologically, but that doesn't mean I have sympathy for the protestor that shot the cop. It was sickening and unnecessary but that doesn't mean Atlanta is a hotbed of criminal activity from outsiders. I've lived here for most of my life and I can count on one hand the times I've felt unsafe in this city.

You deliberately started this post off by saying right after the event that there "would be deafening silence by some." We know who you were referring to and let's just say, your intent wasn't honorable and you know it.

Last edited:
Here's the deal - none of us agree with what happened that night because it was criminal and it was abhorrent. The event that led to it was also despicable and it's completely understandable why the cop shot back at the protestor.

The thing we don't appreciate is the intent behind this post. We know you well enough to know, you wanted to bring this here specifically to inflame tensions and frame this as the result of a political party's ideology, when nothing could be farther from the truth. I am the opposite of you ideologically, but that doesn't mean I have sympathy for the protestor that shot the cop. It was sickening and unnecessary but that doesn't mean Atlanta is a hotbed of criminal activity from outsiders. I've lived here for most of my life and I can count on one hand the times I've felt unsafe in this city.

You deliberately started this post off by saying right after the event that there "would be deafening silence by some." We know who you were referring to and let's just say, your intent wasn't honorable and you know it.

Well there was no condemnation at the time of the event. So it's pretty self-evident what I was saying came to bear itself. It is absolutely the result of a party's ideology as evidenced by the fact that the house minority whip had her son arrested this week for attacking a cop at an antifa protest. Anytime people do anything on the right it's because of the Republican party's ideology. There are lots of posts where you have said that.

I believe that the folks on the right need to deal with the problems that have arisen there. There are far too many whack jobs on the right right now who are pushing for things that are absolutely outlandish. The other day I was driving down the highway and I saw a place where a guy put a confederate flag on the edge of his property which was on the highway with a Christian cross flag underneath it. That is absolutely abhorrent.

Likewise there is a lot of crap going on on the left that no one seems to want to condemn or deal with. It started with the riots in the summer of 2020 and it has gone largely unaddressed. Those were the costliest riots in the history of this country and 25 people died in violence from those riots. We've never seen any real harsh statements or actions in the aftermath to deal with them. I'm sorry but you can say I'm playing politics and it's not in good faith but I don't have a lot of good faith with people who wouldn't condemn those when they happened.

You can hardly utter a sentence without talking about January 6th but you never talk about that and it was far more destructive, far more deadly, far more painful and hurt a lot more people in long-term ways. It's hard for anything you say to have credibility when that's where you start. I'm sure that you didn't want a police officer shot at in the you don't support what happened downtown last week. But at the same time it's not as though you go out of your way to confront these issues either.

Antifa is a problem on the left and you need to destroy it. Just as the people on the right need to deal with the cult of Trump and so many other things that both sides have permeating from them which we have allowed to fester and grow. We highlight the extremes of one side but not the other and that's ridiculous.

The most evident example of that would be last week with those tragic shootings in California that members of the Democratic party were out there talking about hate crimes and bigotry towards Asian American people before they even knew what happened. Turns out they could not have been more wrong and in so many ways the violent crimes out there are incredibly perplexing because of the age of the shooters and how it could happened. I also didn't see a post from you about that with people politically exploiting it before they even knew what happened. I'm quite sure were the roles reversed you would have been right out there posting about how awful Republicans and hate crimes are. There's plenty of evidence to show that in the past.

Jesus christ seriously stop with the hyperbole. Your friends and clients are putting their lives at risk?

I live 10 minutes from where everything happened. Haven't felt one bit in danger and never did before. You sit on a throne of lies to yourself.

If it makes you sleep well then thats good for you. But again, as a tax paying citizen of Atlanta, just leave. Plenty of places in Alpharetta for you to look down on everyone and anything.

They are police officers...

I guess I should have spelled it out because you're just not quite getting there.

I do not look down on people. You do not know me at all. Perhaps we should have lunch and you can learn. You might be surprised. Let me know when and where you'd like to get together and I will be there. @dpic73 is invited too. I will buy.

Well there was no condemnation at the time of the event. So it's pretty self-evident what I was saying came to bear itself.
Again, when I saw your post I didn't even know what you were talking about, so I had to look it up because it had just happened, but you had already accused me of "deafening silence." Just so you know, that's not the best way to start off a good faith argument. You were intentionally throwing a grenade and I wasn't going to play your game.

And would you please shut the holy **** up about the damn riots? I have said a hundred times on here already that I didn't agree with them, but at least they were rioting over something that really happened, as opposed to Jan. 6th. Also 14,000 people were arrested and I have never once compained about their treatment because they got what they deserved. I have also never defended or supported them. Me nor anyone I know supports criminals PERIOD. You really need a better whataboutism because the statute of limitations has run out on that tired argument.
The most evident example of that would be last week with those tragic shootings in California that members of the Democratic party were out there talking about hate crimes and bigotry towards Asian American people before they even knew what happened. Turns out they could not have been more wrong and in so many ways the violent crimes out there are incredibly perplexing because of the age of the shooters and how it could happened. I also didn't see a post from you about that with people politically exploiting it before they even knew what happened. I'm quite sure were the roles reversed you would have been right out there posting about how awful Republicans and hate crimes are. There's plenty of evidence to show that in the past.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I could have missed it. The real talking point that should come out of that is the insane number of mass shootings due to our unwillingness(among some) to address the proliferation of guns.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I could have missed it. The real talking point that should come out of that is the insane number of mass shootings due to our unwillingness(among some) to address the proliferation of guns.

Here are some. There are numerous others. Some have been deleted.

I own a business downtown as well, which pays a chit ton of taxes.

What are you going to tell me?

There is a planned Anti-Police rally on Saturday this weekend. Kemp has activated 1000 National Guard members in response.
I sure hope I'm missing something because I don't see why the police are being protested here.

Why is there such an outcry about Cop City? Isn't better training for the police something we all agree on?

Why the outcry about the policeman who shot the protestor? The protestor was illegally squatting and the police were charged with clearing the property. The protestor shot the policeman first and the policeman fired back. Totally justified.

I haven't had time to dig into this but can someone explain to me why this calls for an anti-police march?

I own a business downtown as well, which pays a chit ton of taxes.

What are you going to tell me?
Do you feel unsafe when you go downtown? I don't - maybe I'm naive, but I rarely have ever felt threatened in all the times I've been down there and I've been many, many times.

I sure hope I'm missing something because I don't see why the police are being protested here.

Why is there such an outcry about Cop City? Isn't better training for the police something we all agree on?

Why the outcry about the policeman who shot the protestor? The protestor was illegally squatting and the police were charged with clearing the property. The protestor shot the policeman first and the policeman fired back. Totally justified.

I haven't had time to dig into this but can someone explain to me why this calls for an anti-police march?

Haven't followed it, but your logic is probably right and the protesters are probably idiots based on how these things typically go.

Reactions: dpic73
ADVERTISEMENT