ADVERTISEMENT

It's Pride Week at Clemson University

Things sure have changed since I was a student.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-4878-1366037372-34.gif

I'm just going to leave this here:

Queer Coloring Break

Thursday, April 5 from 11:00am - 1:00pm in the Gantt Multicultural Center Student Lounge (Brackett 300)

Take a breather with a grown-up coloring session! We have a relaxing range of coloring sheets with LGBTQ-friendly, body-positive, and life-affirming themes to suit every taste and skill level. Colored pencils and sharpeners are provided, too -- just bring your creativity so you can have a lollipop, listen to some low-key music, and do some chill coloring. Got a class? No worries. At this drop-in session, you can come when you want and leave when you're done. Coordinated by the Department of English.

Queer Coloring Break

Thursday, April 5 from 11:00am - 1:00pm in the Gantt Multicultural Center Student Lounge (Brackett 300)

Take a breather with a grown-up coloring session! We have a relaxing range of coloring sheets with LGBTQ-friendly, body-positive, and life-affirming themes to suit every taste and skill level. Colored pencils and sharpeners are provided, too -- just bring your creativity so you can have a lollipop, listen to some low-key music, and do some chill coloring. Got a class? No worries. At this drop-in session, you can come when you want and leave when you're done. Coordinated by the Department of English.
This can't be real, can it?

https://www.clemson.edu/centers-institutes/gantt/lgbtq-programs/pride-week.html

May this week be filled with love, tolerance, and celebration as one United Clemson Family!

I wonder when this changed from "Gay Pride" to just "Pride." It was a nice marketing move, for sure. I just hope nobody's being forced to participate in any of this and that the university feels it needs to put its imprimatur behind what amounts to activism.

Anyway, 7/10 tWZ troll thread.

Last edited:

Queer Coloring Break

Could this be where the ‘Woo hoo” originated?

Queer Coloring Break

I am so glad I got out in the mid 2000s.

https://www.clemson.edu/centers-institutes/gantt/lgbtq-programs/pride-week.html

May this week be filled with love, tolerance, and celebration as one United Clemson Family!

The funniest thing about all this is not the week and events but the reactions and notions this stuff brings. They could get rid of all this for all I care or keep it. It's the SIXTH annual drag show. How has Clemson been in the last 6 years? Tons of great things happening in sports and academia over that same period. The drag show that I'm guessing only a few in this thread have attended had done nothing to impact my experience with Clemson. I'm a graduate and many of you are not and if you're not most likely you only care about the sports aspect of the school.

Watson flourished during this time, we signed Dexter and Trevor Lawrence, Christian Wilkins and a host of others, hired a new and seemingly great baseball coach, made it to a sweet 16 in basketball, other sports doing well AND a top 25 public University, all while having a pride week most go unaware of. Just ignore it all like I do. I wonder why some if you are so negatively impacted by this stuff. The loudest against some topics have found to be secretly participating in those same activities. Just look to our congressman.

Can someone explain what “gender nonconforming” is?

Does this mean that you feel like you should haven been showering with the sorority girls even though you are a man? Because if so I was afflicted with this disease for years and it’s gone undiagnosed till now.

Does this mean that you feel like you should haven been showering with the sorority girls even though you are a man? Because if so I was afflicted with this disease for years and it’s gone undiagnosed till now.

Rachel Maddow gets uglier everytime I see him

no-answer.gif

Queer Coloring Break

Alright - You know how people say that Millennials are snowflakes, can't do anything themselves, can't handle tough times, are wimps, etc?

Well - things like this ARE......NOT.....HELPING!!!!!!!

(and this has zero to do with the gay part)

It has to do with how we went from two genders to 37.

Last edited:
I have no issue with having a pride week at the school...I just can’t believe that “life affirming, body positive coloring books” are considered a draw. There are so many things going on under the hood of that...

I doubt they are a draw. They just have an event that will get less than .5% of the student body.

Who knows though we had an babysitter with a kid in college that was big into adult coloring books. They were just coloring books, but I guess people find cooling in the lines relaxing.

I just hope that if they are truly in favor of inclusiveness that they would not be offended if a bunch of current or former students showed up expressing their straightness and pride in that as well.

N---

Reactions: VTiger15
I doubt they are a draw. They just have an event that will get less than .5% of the student body.

Who knows though we had an babysitter with a kid in college that was big into adult coloring books. They were just coloring books, but I guess people find cooling in the lines relaxing.

The adult coloring books are becoming a "thing". They have more intricate designs - patterns and artistic crap. Stuff like this:

A1Hx3iHnA5L.jpg

You know - as opposed to The Incredible Hulk, Spongebob, and Optimus Prime.

But advertising a "coloring break" is NOT a good look.

Reactions: clemmer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT