ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Long moving to Sunday has helped

toasted8CU

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2011
having Jake come in will add more experience pitchers against meaningful opponents. The problem is Barnes, Koerner, Schnell, Clate and Van Horn have been bad all year.

Here is another example of Jack/Pep or both being stubborn. They continue to use Koerner in key situations and he gets rocked. I have no idea where the pitching performance came from against Junior, but thank you Brady!

Vetzel has been lights out coming out the bullpen. He is a reliever and a very good one, not sure why we don't use him more than we do.

Barnes has had moments but inconsistent.

Schnell and Van Horn have been terrible.

We have a lot of experience and our bats have gotten better lately. But the question will be defense and pitching in the tournament and regionals. I feel like Jack won't change anything, he hasn't yet so why will he now. There is nothing wrong with Barnes and Vetzel to come out of the pen back to back days. 1-2innings around 30 pitches. He needs to stop going to some of these "experiments". Koerner, Schnell, Van Horn doesn't need to see the mound right now until someone figures something out for them. Clate would be another guy that has the stuff but has been really inconsistent for me. He again wouldn't be a guy to come out in a close game.

But we do still have Jack coaching so hopes can't get too high, even though baseball streaks are the hottest weapon to have in baseball.

Reactions: rocky29670
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.