ADVERTISEMENT

just heard a conspiracy theorist say there wasn't really a gas shortage in the 70s

DW4_2016

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
that was one of the first attempts for the government to control the people. i wasnt making memories then, so can any of our resident experts tell me more about this?

that was one of the first attempts for the government to control the people. i wasnt making memories then, so can any of our resident experts tell me more about this?
Pretty sure there was an embargo. Whether that qualifies as a shortage or not depends if you are looking at it from a supply or demand side. In other words the oil was available from an international perspective.

Pretty sure there was an embargo. Whether that qualifies as a shortage or not depends if you are looking at it from a supply or demand side. In other words the oil was available from an international perspective.
but there was surely a shortage at the pump. only getting gas on certain days and if your license plate had a certain number.

but there was surely a shortage at the pump. only getting gas on certain days and if your license plate had a certain number.
Yes. It was embargoed by Jimmy Carter. We were essentially protesting OPEC.

Yes. It was embargoed by Jimmy Carter. We were essentially protesting OPEC.
i got that. the point this guy was making was that was all a hoax. the gas was really here and just not being delivered to the stations. effectively that it was the same hoax as the virus.

yes there was a huge problem back in the 1973 time frame

gas lines no gas etc Middle East War Arab oil embargo

We tend to forget about stuff after 50 years

Gas around then at times was 13 cents per gallon

Yes that was a fact as i bought it when driving home from Clemson

Yup the Arabs cut off our oil in '73. Mostly due to our support of Israel. And Nixon's response was to enact policies which reduced our dependence on foreign oil.

Yup the Arabs cut off our oil in '73. Mostly due to our support of Israel. And Nixon's response was to enact policies which reduced our dependence on foreign oil.
that wasn't the question. the question is; was the embargo a hoax only in place to control the american people i feel like @areeves would know.

that wasn't the question. the question is; was the embargo a hoax only in place to control the american people i feel like @areeves would know.
If I had to guess, I would say the whole thing was contrived. I remember my parents waiting in line to get gas. NWO members Nixon, Ford & Jimmy Carter we’re all presidents in the eighties. Interest Rates were 20% & higher. Remember, NOTHING happens without the NWO’s consent…. Goal #11 “To keep people everywhere from deciding their own destinies by means of one created crisis after another & managing such crisises.”

If I had to guess, I would say the whole thing was contrived. I remember my parents waiting in line to get gas. NWO members Nixon, Ford & Jimmy Carter we’re all presidents in the eighties. Interest Rates were 20% & higher. Remember, NOTHING happens without the NWO’s consent…. Goal #11 “To keep people everywhere from deciding their own destinies by means of one created crisis after another & managing such crisises.”
Is this the pro rasslin' group, NWO? Surely, the Anerican Dream would not take part in that...

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT