ADVERTISEMENT

Just win

PawsFan_

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2019
Alright, fellow Tigers, enough talk. In the immortal words of Zombieland's Tallahassee, “It’s time to nut up or shut up.” Words can’t capture how badly I want to see Clemson stomp UGA tomorrow. If some magical being showed up tonight and offered me a wish, it’s no contest.

Clemson can beat Georgia tomorrow, or…
  • You can lose 40 pounds? Nope, Georgia’s losing not me.
  • All your debt disappears? Sorry, I’ll be happy to write that mortgage and take the W.
  • A night of passionate romance with any woman in the world? Yeah, Georgia’s going down not her.
But if that same being said Clemson will beat Georgia if…
  • I lose all my hair? Call me Kojak, Georgia’s toast.
  • South Carolina wins 11 games? I guess Columbia’s gonna be real happy.
  • Kamala Harris wins the next election? Well, better prep for four more years of inflation, because Clemson will be rising higher than interest rates.
We’ve talked this game to death. Larry and Paul have written more about it than most people read in a year. At this point, I don’t care how we do it—just win.
  • If Mafah needs 40 carries, hand him the ball till his legs fall off.
  • If the freshman wideouts need to step up, line ‘em up and send ‘em flying.
  • If Cade’s got to channel his inner Dan Marino, wind him up and let it rip.
Just win. I can’t say it enough—just win.

I’m beyond sick of hearing this narrative that Clemson isn’t relevant anymore. Sure, we’ve got something to prove, but don’t act like we’re just some cute little ACC team happy to be here. We’ve been listening to these ESPN “experts” all offseason, and not one of them gives us a shot against the big bad UGA monster. And don’t get me started on those YouTube basement warriors who need to go find a real job and get out of their momma’s basement. None of them give Clemson a chance.

Clemson has stood on the mountaintop, looking down on all 133 other college football teams—twice. Sure, the last three seasons haven’t been our best, but to suggest that a team with the 5th-best roster in the country has ZERO chance against a school where 59% of the players can’t even spell “UGA” is pure insanity. Meanwhile, these same talking heads are drooling over teams that haven’t sniffed a conference title in decades. They act like Clemson doesn’t have a proven track record, like we didn’t make six College Football Playoff appearances and win two national championships in the last decade. Honestly, I think half of these analysts have the memory of a goldfish—someone should send them a college football history book.

And let’s talk about their obsession with the “new and exciting” teams every year: Yeah FSU I’m looking at you. It’s like watching kids chase after the latest toy, forgetting that the best toys are the ones that have stood the test of time. Newsflash: Clemson isn’t new, but we’re still as dangerous as ever. We’re that steady, reliable force that’s always there, ready to remind everyone why we’ve been the standard of excellence. Maybe the media’s just bored with greatness? Or maybe they’re too busy chasing clickbait to see the obvious—Clemson’s got the talent, the coaching, and the hunger to make another run.

So here’s to you, college football nation—keep sleeping on Clemson. This Tiger is hungry and ready to hunt. We’ll be over here, quietly preparing to wake you up with a roar that’ll echo all the way to the CFP. And when it happens, don’t say we didn’t warn you!

Spot the damn ball and just friggin win!
Go Tigers! Beat the Leg Humpers

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.