ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

She was a good justice. I almost never agreed with her. But she served well and faithfully. And was tough as boot leather. She actually died a couple times before, I think. But shook it off and hauled her wisened old ass back up on the bench to do her thing. Rest In Peace, Judge.
Now, how fast can Trump ram a new judge through?

She was a good justice. I almost never agreed with her. But she served well and faithfully. And was tough as boot leather. She actually died a couple times before, I think. But shook it off and hauled her wisened old ass back up on the bench to do her thing. Rest In Peace, Judge.
Now, how fast can Trump ram a new judge through?

Got to respect her and everything she did. Don’t care if you are rep or dem. I lean right and disagreed with a lot of her stances, but I always respected her because she could work with both sides and I at least understood her rulings.

This election just got way more focused. A lot of shady stuff will be going on. Future is in the balance, even more than before.

Like some others have said, I did not agree with most of her rulings, but have a lot of respect for her. She was respectful to to others on the bench and at least tried to make reasoned decisions. Losing her and Scalia will likely hurt the decorum some. Though they were on opposite sides of the argument most times, they were good friends and could agree to disagree. If we could all do that and reasonably discuss issues like they did it would change the outlook for our country dramatically.
I bet Harry Reid really regrets changing the senate rules now, lol. Thanks, Harry!

Goodbye US as we know it. Just hope you’re wealthy enough to be deemed worth protecting by the conservative court.
I’m sure this overly dramatic post will age as well as this beauty
Can’t believe people actually expected a CFB season. Grow up people
Now tell us again how dangerous the Rona is

Long life well lived.

Honestly I highly doubt Cocaine Mitch and Grassley will get a nomination through either way the election goes before January. Democrats will do everything to delay should Biden win until the next term starts. They’ll take 60 days just to start Senate Judiciary hearings.

Reactions: 92TigerME
Long life well lived.

Honestly I highly doubt Cocaine Mitch and Grassley will get a nomination through either way the election goes before January. Democrats will do everything to delay should Biden win until the next term starts. They’ll take 60 days just to start Senate Judiciary hearings.
They don’t control the senate judiciary committee. Simple majority vote. Want to guess who has the majority on the committees?

They don’t control the senate judiciary committee. Simple majority vote. Want to guess who has the majority on the committees?
Missed my point.

Grassley has stated in the past that it’ll take the SJC about 45-60 days to start hearings once the President has nominated someone. Given that this will be after the election and the Democrats have procedural tactics available to them to delay, and then the holidays, the vote on a nominee just for the committee might be pushed after NYE. They won’t ram it through without the hearings.

that puts a Senate full vote right up against the next Congressional swearing in

Missed my point.

Grassley has stated in the past that it’ll take the SJC about 45-60 days to start hearings once the President has nominated someone. Given that this will be after the election and the Democrats have procedural tactics available to them to delay, and then the holidays, the vote on a nominee just for the committee might be pushed after NYE. They won’t ram it through without the hearings.

that puts a Senate full vote right up against the next Congressional swearing in
You don’t think they’ll do whatever’s required to get it in? I can sell you some oceanfront property in Clemson then if that’s the case!

Reactions: TigerGrowls
You don’t think they’ll do whatever’s required to get it in? I can sell you some oceanfront property in Clemson then if that’s the case!
That’s not what I said. Its up to Mitch to accelerate the process especially should Trump lose, and given Senate processes and rules, Schumer has tools to delay it. If he can delay by the rules until January he will do so. Then Biden could retract the nomination. Mitch has only shown me he has some balls on a few occasions, and I don’t believe they will change the rules for a SC nomination whatsoever.

for example Gorsuch was nominated on Jan 31 and sworn in April 10, So about 2 months, with nothing big in between like holidays or an election. Kav was nominated on July 9 and in on Oct 6, and they fought tooth and nail. They’ll do the same thing here and they have holidays to try extending it out with. Its up to Mitch

Last edited:
Missed my point.

There was slightly less than 90 days from the time Kavanaugh was nominated to when he was confirmed. There is plenty of time to do it based on that timeline.
Hopefully you are right that the same process will apply.

Trump will 100% put one through. Say bye, bye to anything progressive getting passed, thankfully.
He needs 50 votes. Murkowski, Collins, and Romney already said they wouldn’t vote before the election. We shall see if they cave.

He needs 50 votes. Murkowski, Collins, and Romney already said they wouldn’t vote before the election. We shall see if they cave.

you must be getting your info from fake as shit twitter. When push comes to shove they’d get 50 votes. If they want it to happen, it will happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT