ADVERTISEMENT

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

If there is a question of fraud and the results are close, then I hope he does contest it. In fact as a citizen I demand it. Who in their right mind would accept election results if there is a question that fraud may have impacted the outcome? Unless of course they are getting money under the table to "go along to get along".

Contesting an election is not a constitutional crisis. Stop with the hyperbole.

Like I said, wait and see. He is claiming fraud already before anything has happened. Trump knows he is a in a world of legal sh*t (tax evasion and defrauding banks) if he loses. the only thing saving him is being president right now. He will do anything to stay president. And you so called "patriots" will support him all the way. just wait and see.

Like I said, wait and see. He is claiming fraud already before anything has happened. Trump knows he is a in a world of legal sh*t (tax evasion and defrauding banks) if he loses. the only thing saving him is being president right now. He will do anything to stay president. And you so called "patriots" will support him all the way. just wait and see.

I hope he gets re-elected. Yes I do. I also hope we can seat a non-activist Justice before the election.

Oh, and BTW I am a patriot. You're welcome.

Reactions: Cocks are Number 1
Saying the election is "rigged" is very different than saying "let all of the votes be counted". I am sure you can see that if you take a step back.
The occurrence of fraud will increase proportionally to the amount of mail in ballots. Anyone who thinks the likelihood of fraud is not greater with a mail in ballot than it it is having to go to polling site and prove you are a registered voter and cast a vote is either stupid or dishonest. Add to that he massive ground presence of democrats and I have zero doubt they will be much more effective at cheating. What percentage of mail carriers in battle ground states do you think are democrats? I assure you it is the majority. Are you going to tell me the same group of people rioting, looting, destroying property, would not happen to lose ballots from likely republican areas?
There are some things where compromises should not be made and voting is one of them. Get a mask and wear it, wear two of you want to, but everyone who is able should go to the polls, imo. We are not talking about voting for american idol. Almost everyone finds a way to go the bank, doctor, store, pharmacy, etc. If you can find a way and a will to get out for any of those things, you can go vote every few years.

Reactions: nsp1996
The occurrence of fraud will increase proportionally to the amount of mail in ballots. Anyone who thinks the likelihood of fraud is not greater with a mail in ballot than it it is having to go to polling site and prove you are a registered voter and cast a vote is either stupid or dishonest. Add to that he massive ground presence of democrats and I have zero doubt they will be much more effective at cheating. What percentage of mail carriers in battle ground states do you think are democrats? I assure you it is the majority. Are you going to tell me the same group of people rioting, looting, destroying property, would not happen to lose ballots from likely republican areas?
There are some things where compromises should not be made and voting is one of them. Get a mask and wear it, wear two of you want to, but everyone who is able should go to the polls, imo. We are not talking about voting for american idol. Almost everyone finds a way to go the bank, doctor, store, pharmacy, etc. If you can find a way and a will to get out for any of those things, you can go vote every few years.

Well said. On point.

Neither of the two examples you give were in presidential election years. Funny how you dismiss the fact that the the pubs are doing Exactly what the dems wanted to be done the very last time this situation occurred in obama's last year and obama knew for a fact that he would not be the next potus.
Also, the urgency is due in large part to the threats of the dem party not to accept the election results and likelihood that the court would need to get involved with legal challenges as a result.
You are right i thought it was 87 not 88 the election year, but I have to ask you: When has there ever been a justice pass away, and the senate refused to have hearings? The coincidence that it happened in Obama's year is not something to hide behind. He should have been allowed to nominate, Trump should as well, but the issue is that the REPUBLICANS BLOCKED OBAMA FROM DOING IT. You want it both ways.

Dems not accepting the elections? Trump is literally the only person I've heard weigh in on the elections being fraudulent. That premise makes no sense. The urgency manufactured.

Thats just not true made up and totally hyperbolic.

LOL. Trump is running pay-per-click ads in red states encouraging people to vote by mail, but simultaneously saying that blue states cannot be trusted and will commit massive fraud. If you believe that only dems will cheat to win an election, you must be either stupid or dishonest.

I hope he gets re-elected. Yes I do. I also hope we can seat a non-activist Justice before the election.

Oh, and BTW I am a patriot. You're welcome.

You are not a patriot if you blindly follow this con man as he destroys our democracy.

And here is a direct quote from him today. Tell me again how what I said is hyperbole?

President Trump on Wednesday defended his decision to seek the appointment of a Supreme Court justice in the short time before the Nov. 3 election, saying that he expects this year's election results to end up before the high court.

"I think this [the election] will end up in the Supreme Court, and I think it's very important that we have nine justices," Trump said.

"I think it's better if you go before the election, because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling — it's a scam — the scam will be before the United States Supreme Court," Trump said, alluding to his unsubstantiated arguments about fraudulent mail-in ballots.

LOL. Trump is running pay-per-click ads in red states encouraging people to vote by mail, but simultaneously saying that blue states cannot be trusted and will commit massive fraud. If you believe that only dems will cheat to win an election, you must be either stupid or dishonest.
I am neither stupid nor dishonest, and while I do not think you are stupid, your reading comprehension is lacking. If you read my post, I explicitly stated I thought dems would be MORE effective at cheating. Thus it implies pubs will also be cheating, hence the "more". I don't want anyone to be able to cheat when it comes to voting. That is exactly my reasoning for in person voting.
Trump has pay-per-click ads and dem supporters and campaign staff are paying fines for felons and bailing out child molesters and anarchists to get out the vote. Gee, who should I side with? This a choice of the lesser of two evils(again). I am not a trump lover, but he and biden both appear to be shitty, dishonest people. I chose trump bc his actions in office I much prefer over biden. In an ideal world, I would love to be able to vote for someone I respected as a person, but that opportunity has not presented itself in quite a while.

Perhaps this is slightly off topic, but the liberal presidential candidate has won the popular vote in the last FOUR elections, yet once this latest judge is seated, the last three Supreme Court justices will be conservative. The minority is ruling the majority, and the Senate is broken to allow it. It’s no attack on any single party, but the Senate is no longer functioning as originally designed.

Whether it happens this November or in two years or four, eventually the blue wave will come, and expect far reaching changes to ensure the majority is no longer the powerless. McConnell’s power play here may be the last for conservatives for a long time. Given that, I’m somewhat surprised he’s so aggressively poking the bear. I guess I shouldn’t be.

Vote! And be nice to one another!

Perhaps this is slightly off topic, but the liberal presidential candidate has won the popular vote in the last FOUR elections, yet once this latest judge is seated, the last three Supreme Court justices will be conservative. The minority is ruling the majority, and the Senate is broken to allow it. It’s no attack on any single party, but the Senate is no longer functioning as originally designed.

Whether it happens this November or in two years or four, eventually the blue wave will come, and expect far reaching changes to ensure the majority is no longer the powerless. McConnell’s power play here may be the last for conservatives for a long time. Given that, I’m somewhat surprised he’s so aggressively poking the bear. I guess I shouldn’t be.

It's not off topic. This is not about "Liberal" vs. "Conservative" it is about Justices who will respect their role under the Constitution and rule in accordance with its principles on the laws passed by Congress or Justices who want to destroy the separation of powers and legislate from the bench and "fix" things to fit their world view.

The system is functioning... albeit barely. And it's a good thing.

The Senate exists to prevent mob rule and to protect the rights of the States. In fact Senators were never intended to be elected by popular vote of the people as a further check and balance.

You are not a patriot if you blindly follow this con man as he destroys our democracy.

And here is a direct quote from him today. Tell me again how what I said is hyperbole?

President Trump on Wednesday defended his decision to seek the appointment of a Supreme Court justice in the short time before the Nov. 3 election, saying that he expects this year's election results to end up before the high court.

"I think this [the election] will end up in the Supreme Court, and I think it's very important that we have nine justices," Trump said.

"I think it's better if you go before the election, because I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling — it's a scam — the scam will be before the United States Supreme Court," Trump said, alluding to his unsubstantiated arguments about fraudulent mail-in ballots.

I don't blindly follow anyone. And I certainly don't look to you as an arbiter of who is a patriot or not. If I need validation, I'll just look at my DD214.

You are somehow insinuating that a contested election would be a "Constitutional crisis". Not so. Total hyperbolic emotional Dem talking point.

I don't blindly follow anyone. And I certainly don't look to you as an arbiter of who is a patriot or not. If I need validation, I'll just look at my DD214.

You are somehow insinuating that a contested election would be a "Constitutional crisis". Not so. Total hyperbolic emotional Dem talking point.

thanks for your service. And I mean that. But Lee Harvey Oswald was also a vet. Is he a patriot?

John Kerry did not win the popular vote... and Obama got two liberal justices on the court. The judiciary being at odds with the other two branches was a thing back in 1800. This is nothing new. Also, Ginsburg should have stepped down in Obama’s second term if she cared about her seat.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT