ADVERTISEMENT

Latino and Hispanic The Overlooked Minority

PalmettoTiger1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
When people talk of minorities in America the first thought is Black population.

However there is a powerful minority that has heavily influence America through the years and is rising up

Think Hispanic and Latino where they comprise 19 per cent of the US population compared to 12 per cent Black and 3 per cent oriental with white at 67 per cent.

This more silent than vocal large minority simple live in America going to work each day, raise a family and live a life based on God , Pro life , Pro Law and are an integral part of our country

Correct me if I miss information about this but I rarely see hate against white society or claims of racism against the 67 per cent of America’s majority population.

I never hear that when an unfortunate event occurs for example in policing does the Hispanic community riot and burn their own community to the ground.

Nor do I hear about constant demands for entitlements or retribution from this sector of the community.

I guess I ask myself what drives the Hispanic community to assimilate and be more integrated into lawful peaceful Americans on the whole,.

Of course there are the Mexican cartels and such but on the whole the Hispanic population seems more into creating a better community and family life than constantly looking to blame people other than themselves for their station in life.

Any thoughts on this segment of the population.

Well, in general, Hispanics seem to support work, nuclear family, religion, and community...there are barriers for them, too, they just don't seem to complain about it. Just put their heads down and go to work to make it better, like we all should...mad respect for the Hispanic Community.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
You are right. OP wondering why "blacks" can't be more like Hispanics didn't already take it there.
So asking opinions and ideas based on factual information in a civil manner is taking it somewhere

To makes better world takes dialogue and an open mind
I look at people words and actions

Comparing people and associating them with their actions is just trying to develop a baseline of the why

Reactions: TigerGrowls
ADVERTISEMENT