ADVERTISEMENT

Legalize it: Yay or Nay?

If not already legal where you live, would you vote to legalize marijuana in your state?

• Yes

Votes: 191 81.6%
  • No

Votes: 43 18.4%

• Total voters

clemsontiger02

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Decatur, GA
Simple question, yes or no answer. No political explanations needed, though I anticipate that we may get a few. Curious where the board stands on the issue. I'm a big yes.

Reactions: Cubigfoot
giphy.gif

All drugs should be legalized. Think about the devastating effect of incarceration due to drug crimes, especially on the black community. 70% of violent crime in the US is drug related.
You could say the same about assault, battery, rape, murder, etc -(not about the impact specifically on the black community) It would reduce incarceration, right?

Reactions: Trading Tiger
Right since, murder rape battery and assault compares in any way to smoking a plants flowers?
I did not say it was the same. Also, he said ALL drugs should be legal. Meth and Heroine have many amazing benefits i imagine. Also never heard of anyone under the influence of any of these drugs committing crimes(violent), have you?

Simple question, yes or no answer. No political explanations needed, though I anticipate that we may get a few. Curious where the board stands on the issue. I'm a big yes.
100% yes. All drugs should be significantly decriminalized, if not outright legalized. I’d put prostitution in that category as well.

I stated it above. The crime that goes along with those drugs would be virtually eliminated. Entire communities are devastated by the incarceration rates. Kids grow up without parents.
So you think most parents using and/or dealing meth/heroine would generally be an asset to raising a child?
Also, most groups involved with drug trade that end up incarcerated are generally not opposed to physical harm to others. If drugs are legalized, do you think it is more likely that the people that used to sell the drugs that are legalized apply for 40 hr/week jobs or move to another criminal pursuit? How do you think they will look to replace their income? Serious question.

I did not say it was the same. Also, he said ALL drugs should be legal. Meth and Heroine have many amazing benefits i imagine. Also never heard of anyone under the influence of any of these drugs committing crimes(violent), have you?
I agree that MJ should be legalized, but I would point out that it does increase the risk of psychosis, and particularly high potency strains can trigger psychosis. The overall risks are small, but they aren’t zero, and obviously the same can be said for alcohol.
In my opinion it should be legalized, but we should not try to use the argument that it has no risks.

Reactions: BouldTiger
Im not a lazy pothead so no.
I don’t smoke, but I know some high level mangers that work hard, make bank, and guess what???.....they smoke the herb. Alcohol and opioids played key roles in taking the lives of two of my best friends, but since they’re legal I guess it’s ok. I mean my buddies were over 21 and had bs prescriptions from “what you want buddy?” “Doctors”, but again I guess that’s ok since it was all legal. Thank God they didn’t smoke the devil weed or they may have died earlier in life.

Go hop in a airplane with some pilots doing a little weed!

I don’t smoke, but I know some high level mangers that work hard, make bank, and guess what???.....they smoke the herb. Alcohol and opioids played key roles in taking the lives of two of my best friends, but since they’re legal I guess it’s ok. I mean my buddies were over 21 and had bs prescriptions from “what you want buddy?” “Doctors”, but again I guess that’s ok since it was all legal. Thank God they didn’t smoke the devil weed or they may have died earlier in life.

I know a man who thinks he’s a woman. Whats your point?

All drugs should be legalized. Think about the devastating effect of incarceration due to drug crimes, especially on the black community. 70% of violent crime in the US is drug related.

do you think legalizing it is going to stop these crimes? People will still sell weed illegally, and there will still be conflicts that lead to arrest.

for the record, I do not smoke nor do I care if it is legal or not.

100% yes. All drugs should be significantly decriminalized, if not outright legalized. I’d put prostitution in that category as well.

Agree with this. The demand for these illicit things is inelastic in regards to price and legality..if heroin was legal tomorrow, how many new people would go out and try it? How about prostitution?

I’d argue the people who want to use illegal drugs/hire prostitutes are already doing it now regardless of legality or price. The quantity of demand for those things won’t really change that much. Making them illegal is a revenue stream for the govt and benefits the cartels/drug dealers financially.

I'm conservative but I think it should be legalized without a doubt. Has health benefits from it also. Alcohol and prescription drugs are much much worse in my opinion. And yes I know because not to much I haven't tried in my lifetime. That's why I think God for Grace!

Agree with this. The demand for these illicit things is inelastic in regards to price and legality..if heroin was legal tomorrow, how many new people would go out and try it? How about prostitution?

I’d argue the people who want to use illegal drugs/hire prostitutes are already doing it now regardless of legality or price. The quantity of demand for those things won’t really change that much. Making them illegal is a revenue stream for the govt and benefits the cartels/drug dealers financially.
Yes you could offer me free heroin or a free hooker and I would not have any desire for either.

I think a lot of states will be looking for a new revenue stream once all of this virus stuff passes. Legalization is easy money.

ADVERTISEMENT