ADVERTISEMENT

Letitia James New York AG is really bizarre

PalmettoTiger1

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
I know it’s not on most peoples radar but why is a AG suing Everyone associated with Donald Trump including his children, corporate lawyers, Trump employees , Etc including God in regards to business loans that she claimed he used fraud to obtain which used boilerplate disclaimers along with the lenders corporate lawyers vetting the loan documents and the loans have been repaid in full.

I know most people who hate on Trump will say he’s guilty all day but to me cases like this AG is pushing against Trump claiming criminal corruption make no sense and destroy ones credibility.

Right now the Republican running against her for the office in November is killing her in the polls.

I ask myself every day why are people pursuing fake or impossible cases against Trump when there is no factual evidence to support the claims.

Can anyone on here explain why this AG and other people use fake evidence to try to attack Trump.

And please don’t use the blatherings of the MSM as I cannot read mounds of fake narratives.

Hard evidence only please.

I know it’s not on most peoples radar but why is a AG suing Everyone associated with Donald Trump including his children, corporate lawyers, Trump employees , Etc including God in regards to business loans that she claimed he used fraud to obtain which used boilerplate disclaimers along with the lenders corporate lawyers vetting the loan documents and the loans have been repaid in full.

I know most people who hate on Trump will say he’s guilty all day but to me cases like this AG is pushing against Trump claiming criminal corruption make no sense and destroy ones credibility.

Right now the Republican running against her for the office in November is killing her in the polls.

I ask myself every day why are people pursuing fake or impossible cases against Trump when there is no factual evidence to support the claims.

Can anyone on here explain why this AG and other people use fake evidence to try to attack Trump.

And please don’t use the blatherings of the MSM as I cannot read mounds of fake narratives.

Well said!

Reactions: Mr.Fitzwell

Do you really believe the AG for the state of New York would use fake evidence to attack Trump? GMAFB

Michael Cohen has been screaming this from the rooftops for the last three and a half years...you know the guy who had to go to prison because he enabled Trump's crimes?

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSweatshirt
The deetz for your perusal.

FdNOXdiakAEa2mj

FdNOXdxakAAdIz1

Last edited:
The deetz for your perusal.

FdNOXdiakAEa2mj

FdNOXdxakAAdIz1
i have no doubt in large part these are true. i dont know or care what actual legal violation or the associated penalty is with any - reads like most is basically taking advantage of grey areas in the tax code / financing diligence. if theres any legit legal violations i have no issue with him facing the penalty.

what i would be willing to bet a lot of money on is that most/if not all of this is standard practice for virtually every billionaire in the country - depending on their portfolio of assets the technical advantageous usage of grey areas varies but conceptually for sure. i mean you think trump files his own tax returns?

what this likely really did was open pandoras box for ag's around the country to look into and construct similar cases against wealthy opposing donors in their state. which is why id guess it goes away quickly and quietly

Go read the document--its a forensic takedown of fraud in the organization. Inflating value when you want it appraised to get leverage and bank loans and then devaluing to get out of paying taxes. The jupiter golf property is one of the more egregious. Fraud. And his kids were all in on it too.

Trump claimed his apt was 33k sq feet when it was only 11k. The dude is so incredibly corrupt.

i have no doubt in large part these are true. i dont know or care what actual legal violation or the associated penalty is with any - reads like most is basically taking advantage of grey areas in the tax code / financing diligence. if theres any legit legal violations i have no issue with him facing the penalty.

what i would be willing to bet a lot of money on is that most/if not all of this is standard practice for virtually every billionaire in the country - depending on their portfolio of assets the technical advantageous usage of grey areas varies but conceptually for sure. i mean you think trump files his own tax returns?

what this likely really did was open pandoras box for ag's around the country to look into and construct similar cases against wealthy opposing donors in their state. which is why id guess it goes away quickly and quietly
I agree that many many billionaires do many of these things but Cohen lays out that Trump wants to go from 5-6 billion to 10 billion in value. The winking to appraisers is standard rich person abuse. This kind of inflation of assets for loans happens more often but then deflating for taxes is the part i don't think is done as much.

I agree that many many billionaires do many of these things but Cohen lays out that Trump wants to go from 5-6 billion to 10 billion in value. The winking to appraisers is standard rich person abuse. This kind of inflation of assets for loans happens more often but then deflating for taxes is the part i don't think is done as much.

not being a billionaire myself nor on a first name basis with any, i cant speak with any first hand knowledge on the subject. im also not an expert in real estate tax law, so im unaware of where there are inarguable violations that carry explicit penalties so im not speaking with any authority on my interpretation - just a feel using context of language and general familiarity with legal and tax language. having said that, i would be very surprised if there werent many billionaires who took every advantage possible in the tax code - deflating asset values would obviously be real estate specific but id imagine in any way income is generated and assets are stored there are tons of individuals taking similar advantages of grey areas. after all, its not like hes filing these or likely has much familiarity with the tax code personally. individuals that prepare these are in their position for a reason - they know how to manipulate every grey area possible and thats what makes them valuable to the wealthiest people. so having said all that, the way this all reads to me is a bunch of items that violate the spirit of tax law, the grey area items everyone filing for individuals like him know can be used to minimize whats owed and have been doing so for a very long time. nothing i see would appear to be truly fraudulent in the sense of carrying federal penalties - basically the kind of things where if called out on they say this wasnt done correctly and probably pay a make whole difference to uncle sam. if there is any specific, deliberate, provable fraudulent violations that carry penalties, he should be subject to the penalties any other citizen would be. the way i read it though, this is a bunch of slaps on the wrist at best. its not to say its right regardless, its more to say this sounds like publicizing something that makes far more noise than the justice it might deliver. again assuming it amounts to what i believe it will amount to, doing it so publicly just elevates the length each party will go to hang a scalp for the cameras to satiate the swelling bloodlust of their respective tribe members.

I think the point is missed here

I have seen literally hundreds of mis representations of financial data or liberal interpretations of financial data

with the bank or person making the loan doing their own vetting

this includes me

the so called fraud is nothing more than creative financial accounting used by 100 per cent of corporations and individuals in America

nothing to see here and eventually it will br dropped

bet on that win place show

the so called fraud is nothing more than creative financial accounting used by 100 per cent of corporations and individuals in America

There seems to be a big difference between creative accounting and outlandish accounting.

Go read the document--its a forensic takedown of fraud in the organization. Inflating value when you want it appraised to get leverage and bank loans and then devaluing to get out of paying taxes. The jupiter golf property is one of the more egregious. Fraud. And his kids were all in on it too.

Trump claimed his apt was 33k sq feet when it was only 11k. The dude is so incredibly corrupt.
Also claimed Mar a Lago’s value was $739 million when it’s closer to only $75 million because the property is so encumbered by usage restrictions that he lied about not existing.

Also claimed Mar a Lago’s value was $739 million when it’s closer to only $75 million because the property is so encumbered by usage restrictions that he lied about not existing.

How is his outlandish claims if that is true hurt anyone other than make him a narcissistic ass
and loud mouthed braggart

When acquiring loans and paying taxes it woukd take a truly ignorant bank or investor to trust the person wanting the money

the lenders vetted Trump

they qualified him

made the loans on their terms

he repaid them

the same lenders will lend him more

where is the fraud

everyone inflates stuff to mske themselves look good

where is the part of the brain that works to tell people common sense is to be used when dealing with business questions

Help me to understand where you are qualified to determine the asking or implied value of an asset

Professional experience I guess?

Help me to understand where you are qualified to determine the asking or implied value of an asset

Professional experience I guess?
It’s one of the facts / key data points she mentioned in her press conference yesterday as to what led to the charges. I’m sure you can grasp why over-labeling your property value (as an asset that is often referenced when you seek other loans) by a factor of 10x is problematic and fraudulent.

It’s one of the facts / key data points she mentioned in her press conference yesterday as to what led to the charges. I’m sure you can grasp why over-labeling your property value (as an asset that is often referenced when you seek other loans) by a factor of 10x is problematic and fraudulent.

why would the ny ag be assumed to be absolutely correct in assessing the valuation? idno whos right or wrong, but i dont have a hard time believing a person who walked into the job with the singular stated mission to take down trump would use creative methods to maximize the allegations of her case. you can be sure there's a lot of grey area in commercial property valuations, and an ny ag office has the same incentive to arrive at an objectively low value as his financial team would have done the opposite in seeking financing. its almost certainly somewhere well in between.

like ive said, the only real effect that likely comes of this is a bullseye on major political donor of means that reside in the grasp of an opposition ag.

Reactions: TigerGrowls

but only when talking about your king? no need for hard evidence in the election fraud stuff though.

Because I have been involved in a few small business ventures there is going to be a lot of disappointed Trump Haters on here

Nothing is going to come of this stupid civil suit

If the lady gave a cuss about people she would be worried about the out of control violent crime spree going on in NY

But that is not Trump related so worry about Trump instead of helping millions of people

Smart thinking AG

So you trust the AG who is politically biased without vetting the claim

Smart Holiday Inn Smart

So you trust the AG who is politically biased without vetting the claim

Smart Holiday Inn Smart
This is probably the only time I'll agree with you somewhat. You're right to say this is politically motivated, in part, as she even ran on getting him. That's abhorrent just like the Pubs running on impeaching Biden or his son's laptop. The highest law enforcement officer in the state should be above partisan prosecutions. However, two things can be true at once and there is no question he perpetrated fraud. And not just a little fraud - outrageous fraud and it needs to cost him. Just a remeinder that this is a civil case, not criminal, and he'll end up paying through the nose - as he should.

This thread went as I expected.

1. You asked for hard evidence.

2. You were given hard evidence.

3. You dismissed said hard evidence based on your "feelings".

I am pretty sure intentionally lying on a loan application is the definition of fraud.

I am also pretty sure that if this was a lawsuit against Hunter Biden you would be calling for him to be executed on national TV for his crimes.

I doubt a whole lot will come from this. Rich people get to break the law all the time and get away with it.

This thread went as I expected.

1. You asked for hard evidence.

2. You were given hard evidence.

3. You dismissed said hard evidence based on your "feelings".

I am pretty sure intentionally lying on a loan application is the definition of fraud.

I am also pretty sure that if this was a lawsuit against Hunter Biden you would be calling for him to be executed on national TV for his crimes.

I doubt a whole lot will come from this. Rich people get to break the law all the time and get away with it.

Hard evidence

Like the same hard evidence that the Trump volluded with Russia

You do realize that this suit is going to be eventually dismissed

Another swing and miss

I must admit though that liberals and Democrats are good at fraud , hate mongering and racism and then projecting it that the innocent are guilty

I do ask myself is a discussion on any site with people possible

I’d be surprised if anything came of this, there is so much that goes into valuing properties. Plus he has to submit audited financial statements to the lenders prior to getting any loan. So that accounting firm would sign their name verifying the accuracy of all account balances to within a materiality threshold. There’s not a another CPA I know that would ever sign off on anything without there being virtually zero chance of material misstatement. If they did, they’ll go down first and then Trump will too. But given the independence guidelines implemented by SOX, I find it highly unlikely that the values were inflated intentionally. As an auditor you’re required to obtain third party evidence to corroborate financial statement assertions

This is probably the only time I'll agree with you somewhat. You're right to say this is politically motivated, in part, as she even ran on getting him. That's abhorrent just like the Pubs running on impeaching Biden or his son's laptop. The highest law enforcement officer in the state should be above partisan prosecutions. However, two things can be true at once and there is no question he perpetrated fraud. And not just a little fraud - outrageous fraud and it needs to cost him. Just a remeinder that this is a civil case, not criminal, and he'll end up paying through the nose - as he should.

Let me say that he may have done a lot of questionable stuff that the average man would find reprehensible

The issue with anything here is the weslthy such as Trump live in a different level from ys mere mortals

The Republicans are going to sweep in snd kill the suit just as fast as the Dems opened the suit

Just because I like conservative policies does not mean I love some guy

It means the choices I am given I have to go with the least worse

And that is what we all face

Biden for example may be a good fellow but the policies we are under now is putting the country on a lawless violent path to a huge economic and housing recession that may dive into a near depression

Any person ignoring that dies at their own peril

I have made my safety net

I am just hoping my fellow Tigers heed my warning

I’d be surprised if anything came of this, there is so much that goes into valuing properties. Plus he has to submit audited financial statements to the lenders prior to getting any loan. So that accounting firm would sign their name verifying the accuracy of all account balances to within a materiality threshold. There’s not a another CPA I know that would ever sign off on anything without there being virtually zero chance of material misstatement. If they did, they’ll go down first and then Trump will too. But given the independence guidelines implemented by SOX, I find it highly unlikely that the values were inflated intentionally. As an auditor you’re required to obtain third party evidence to corroborate financial statement assertions

You are desd on right.

The loans were NOT made on the statements from Trumps business but from vetting done by the lenders who use Big 5 accounting firms and also do additional third party vetting

There is zero chance that Trumps data was used for the loan and if there is a problem it will be with the accounting firms who will be decertified if fraud is found

let me assure you that no fraud will be found

This is a total waste if tome and tha AG needs to have her cognitive and reasoning ability analyzed as she well knows or should know there is NO VICTIM in the transactions since they were paid in full in time per the terms and conditions of the loans

So where is fraud when the two parties have no grievance between them and all legal requirements of the loan have been met

Didnt Trump answer a question about this back in 2016 during a debate with Clinton?

Didnt Trump answer a question about this back in 2016 during a debate with Clinton?
you got a better memory than me. its possible i just erased them from memory entirely. there was at least one that was so hard to watch i gave up.

How is his outlandish claims if that is true hurt anyone other than make him a narcissistic ass
and loud mouthed braggart

When acquiring loans and paying taxes it woukd take a truly ignorant bank or investor to trust the person wanting the money

the lenders vetted Trump

they qualified him

made the loans on their terms

he repaid them

the same lenders will lend him more

where is the fraud

everyone inflates stuff to mske themselves look good

where is the part of the brain that works to tell people common sense is to be used when dealing with business questions
You assumed libs had brains. Then you took it a step further, and assumed they used them. This shit is common sense.

Big mistake on your part.

Hard evidence

Like the same hard evidence that the Trump volluded with Russia

You do realize that this suit is going to be eventually dismissed

Another swing and miss

I must admit though that liberals and Democrats are good at fraud , hate mongering and racism and then projecting it that the innocent are guilty

I do ask myself is a discussion on any site with people possible
Some of these things are not valuations--they are facts. He said his apt was 33k sq feet to overvalue it when it was 11k. He added floors to Trump Tower that don't exist to bump up the value by claiming the tower was higher than it was. The fraud is in the number but also in the misrepresented facts that are also fraud.

It's like this--my house is in a neighborhood with all the same model and the value is at most 350k. Alright. If I go to the bank and then put on official docs that it is worth two million dollars so that they will give me a bigger loan or better rates that I can then leverage and I turn around and then tell the IRS that the value is 200k to pay less taxes--that isn't a feeling--its fraud and it can be easily discerned and prosecuted.

White collar crime never gets prosecuted, however, because the justice system allows rich people to make the govt spend a ton of time, resources, etc for things that are (by design) often full of gray. You aren't wrong to say that rich people get away with these kinds of things.

However, lots of this stuff is beyond egregious--its like stupid fraud (which is what you get when you are overvaluing assets by like 6 billion...lol). Trump is obviously a crook but I can understand how folks rationalize it by saying all rich people are like this. Trump is also the immoral grab them by the pussy guy who paid off multiple porn stars while his wife was pregnant and given birth but repubs rationalized by saying all politicians are scumbags. It doesn't change the fact that Trump is both of these things.

Personally, I think it is a much bigger deal that Trump wanted to install himself as an unelected despot to the seat of power, launch missles into Mexico, or have the military, 10,000 troops, called up to shoot protestors in the legs for protesting indiscriminately, or that he wanted to deploy 250k troops at the border, or wanted to dismantle NATO, or that he stole and kept nuclear secrets in his country club after being forced out of office. But that is just me...

Reactions: dpic73
Personally, I think it is a much bigger deal that Trump wanted to install himself as an unelected despot to the seat of power, launch missles into Mexico, or have the military, 10,000 troops, called up to shoot protestors in the legs for protesting indiscriminately, or that he wanted to deploy 250k troops at the border, or wanted to dismantle NATO, or that he stole and kept nuclear secrets in his country club after being forced out of office. But that is just me...
Clemben....this is all made up BS. Quit being obsessed with our great 45th potus. Its sad. You need to be more focused on important stuff instead of made up BS.

First, can't see anything that suggests that he didn't pay the money back meeting his loan obligations. Second, if the banks thought there was substantial fraud, they could sue directly. Third, he would have paid more income tax on lower rates as the deduction is lower so the whole IRS/tax cheat argument doesn't hold water.

Did he stretch the truth to improve his borrowing power, yes. Does this happen everyday, especially in M&A......again, yes. In M&A transactions you typically sell the deal to lenders/LP's based on synergies and post synergy operating margin/operating income/ebitda........first, that projection isn't an exact science as it's almost impossible to know just from due diligence what you have on the other side so it's partially stretching the truth and partially just not knowing. Trump, like others falls somewhere in the middle.

This is yet another example of unevenly applying the law and going after Trump as a political enemy. If it wasn't, every commercial real estate mogul, private equity etc in Manhattan would currently be in depositions.

You'll also note the AG isn't suing the banks/lenders for poor due diligence practices. They are responsible for verifying all information specific to lending.

Another great example of wasting tax dollars by the govt.

First, can't see anything that suggests that he didn't pay the money back meeting his loan obligations. Second, if the banks thought there was substantial fraud, they could sue directly. Third, he would have paid more income tax on lower rates as the deduction is lower so the whole IRS/tax cheat argument doesn't hold water.

Did he stretch the truth to improve his borrowing power, yes. Does this happen everyday, especially in M&A......again, yes. In M&A transactions you typically sell the deal to lenders/LP's based on synergies and post synergy operating margin/operating income/ebitda........first, that projection isn't an exact science as it's almost impossible to know just from due diligence what you have on the other side so it's partially stretching the truth and partially just not knowing. Trump, like others falls somewhere in the middle.

This is yet another example of unevenly applying the law and going after Trump as a political enemy. If it wasn't, every commercial real estate mogul, private equity etc in Manhattan would currently be in depositions.

You'll also note the AG isn't suing the banks/lenders for poor due diligence practices. They are responsible for verifying all information specific to lending.

Another great example of wasting tax dollars by the govt.

You are covering some of the same stuff I am trying to graciously point out to the wolves baying at the sleigh

Nothing is going to happen on this because what the AG is saying Trump is guilty of ALL of the successful NYC real estate investors do every day

She is just picking on him

On top of that I doubt Trump has ever got down into the weeds and touched any of those documents

He hires people who he knows are good at the gray areas of accounting and lets them do what they do

I can absolutely say with 100 per certainty for example Trump never even considered the square footage of rooms

That is simply under his status of big shot

So AG stop with the joke of a civil suit against many people of the Trump company

What next sue the janitors and bathroom cleaners

You assumed libs had brains. Then you took it a step further, and assumed they used them. This shit is common sense.

Big mistake on your part.

Actually I take exception to it being a mistake by me

Let me clarify that I am totally in agreement with you that it us impossible to reasonably explain anything to some people and get them to at least understand your point

There are people on here and everywhere that are literally like the walking dead with no functioning brain

My participation on this site is a distraction for giggles as nothing I say will help educate some people where I try to learn from every thread and post

Actually I take exception to it being a mistake by me

Let me clarify that I am totally in agreement with you that it us impossible to reasonably explain anything to some people and get them to at least understand your point

There are people on here and everywhere that are literally like the walking dead with no functioning brain

My participation on this site is a distraction for giggles as nothing I say will help educate some people where I try to learn from every thread and post
Everything I said was tongue in cheek. I should have made the sarcasm more clear.

Everything I said was tongue in cheek. I should have made the sarcasm more clear.

Thank you for your clarification

it was not needed as I am a big boy wearing big boy pants

Just get on here to rattle chains as I am so appalled at the lack of education on life from young folks

I ssy to myself that I now know why my FIL said I was a dumb SOB because in truth I was a dumb SOB LOL

Thank you for your clarification

it was not needed as I am a big boy wearing big boy pants

Just get on here to rattle chains as I am so appalled at the lack of education on life from young folks

I ssy to myself that I now know why my FIL said I was a dumb SOB because in truth I was a dumb SOB LOL
You're right about the lack of education of young folks, but unfortunately it's not just the young folks. Look no further than ANY "man on the street" interview segment ANYWHERE on tell-a-vision and you will see that adults are just as ignorant.

Reactions: TigerRagRob
You're right about the lack of education of young folks, but unfortunately it's not just the young folks. Look no further than ANY "man on the street" interview segment ANYWHERE on tell-a-vision and you will see that adults are just as ignorant.

You have me giggling about the man on the street interviews

My wife and I love the interviews and the incredible lack of knowledge of the public about present day events

My special favorite interview is when for example the interviewer gives a quote supposedly from one politician say Trump and asks the person what they think about the comment

Then once the person hate mongers on Trump for 5 minutes then the interviewer drops the bomb that oops I meant it was Obama of Biden

It’s amazing how small peoples brains are when it comes to critical thinking

Their entire brain is not filled with knowledge to make reasoned rational decisions but only has a trigger word to have them go rabid

Oh well that will never change

My wife and I love the interviews and the incredible lack of knowledge of the public about present day events

My special favorite interview is when for example the interviewer gives a quote supposedly from one politician say Trump and asks the person what they think about the comment

Then once the person hate mongers on Trump for 5 minutes then the interviewer drops the bomb that oops I meant it was Obama of Biden

Their entire brain is not filled with knowledge to make reasoned rational decisions but only has a trigger word to have them go rabid

I have actually seen one where they asked "what happened with this show last night". They never watched whatever show that it was, but were more than eager to pontificate about it. They lied about a show they had never watched.

We might be at the point where it is beyond all repair.

I just want the TRUTH! I am a TRUMP guy through and through, but if he broke the law, then send his a$$ to jail.

However, if you send Trump to jail, there should at least be 435 members of the house, and 100 members of the senate who go there with him.
Edited to change their to there.

If you're in the Piedmont, SC area, we need to have breakfast/lunch one day.

I think you and I could solve the world's problems in less than an hour.

You can never assume that it will never change. I have 4 children. 3 of them believe the same things that I do. The youngest is too young to even know about politics.

Point being, I have never talked to my kids about politics. I raised them with values/principles. They figured out they were PUBS on their own.

ADVERTISEMENT