ADVERTISEMENT

Looting at the CFB Hall of Fame

All of this could’ve been avoided if cops didn’t kill black people and this country would just acknowledge its problem systemic racism.

Doesn’t help that our president seeks to only divide and serves to validate the racism of so many in this country.

61-E78-B55-4-A3-E-47-D3-9-AB2-37-B4-C3-D4-D282.jpg

You just posted exactly what a lot of us want to see. On the left is a peaceful protest in hopes to go back to work, because they need to feed their kids. On the right is violent protesting, and while I agree what they are protesting for, you can’t tell me there is no other way. Let’s just say, MLK wouldn't approve of yesterday’s destruction. Also your post share is main stream media persuading racism by trying to share a tweet on two totally different situations, but compare them as similar.

Reactions: crope1 and dktum
You just posted exactly what a lot of us want to see. On the left is a peaceful protest in hopes to go back to work, because they need to feed their kids. On the right is violent protesting, and while I agree what they are protesting for, you can’t tell me there is no other way. Let’s just say, MLK wouldn't approve of yesterday’s destruction. Also your post share is main stream media persuading racism by trying to share a tweet on two totally different situations, but compare them as similar.
Gutter trash. Worthless garbage. GTFOH.

Do you think black people would be met with this same level of tolerance and peace if they protested armed to the teeth with assault rifles? Because they’ve tried peaceful protests and they’ve been met with tear gas and rubber bullets. Colin Kaepernick fried peacefully protesting and our divisive president divided the country over a uniting sport. Kaepernick met with veterans and got their approval, and was still met with nothing but condescending degradation.

So yeah, I am going to compare the two. Black people have it SIGNIFICANTLY harder in this country, there is simply no logical way to disagree with that.

Yes I do. Cause it happened a few days after on the same steps.

It also happened in Virginia at the Pro Gun rally in January.

But, yea.

I think everyone can agree the what happened to George Floyd was wrong and should never happen to anyone. I also think everyone agrees that these types of things happen way too often to people of color. What I don't understand is why they are protesting to this degree over this obvious injustice but remain completely silent about the thousands upon thousands of black on black deaths that occur every single year. Since you seem to be particularly upset about George Floyd's death, I would love to know where your outrage has been regarding all the black on black deaths @johnhugh

Reactions: roberj
I think everyone can agree the what happened to George Floyd was wrong and should never happen to anyone. I also think everyone agrees that these types of things happen way too often to people of color. What I don't understand is why they are protesting to this degree over this obvious injustice but remain completely silent about the thousands upon thousands of black on black deaths that occur every single year. Since you seem to be particularly upset about George Floyd's death, I would love to know where your outrage has been regarding all the black on black deaths @johnhugh
Where’s your outrage for white on white death? In both scenarios there is no racial component. But white on Black crime is often blatantly racially motivated. That’s what’s sickening. What’s worse is our President is furthering the divide and stoking the flames. What’s so upsetting is so many in this country and on this board love this president who has proudly committed nearly every sin in the book is showing the true colors of this country. His supporters have their racism validated by this man. Donald Trump has given white supremacists a platform. Modern conservatism is just white supremacy in a clown costume. So when white cops routinely kill non-resisting black men I’m going to get upset. This country is in shambles, and the blame falls on the feet of its divisive leader and his sheepish and bigoted supporters. Trump and his ilk have dragged this country down to new lows.

Reactions: purenonsense
Where’s your outrage for white on white death? In both scenarios there is no racial component. But white on Black crime is often blatantly racially motivated. That’s what’s sickening. What’s worse is our President is furthering the divide and stoking the flames. What’s so upsetting is so many in this country and on this board love this president who has proudly committed nearly every sin in the book is showing the true colors of this country. His supporters have their racism validated by this man. Donald Trump has given white supremacists a platform. Modern conservatism is just white supremacy in a clown costume. So when white cops routinely kill non-resisting black men I’m going to get upset. This country is in shambles, and the blame falls on the feet of its divisive leader and his sheepish and bigoted supporters. Trump and his ilk have dragged this country down to new lows.

I really hope you are trolling, otherwise you need some help.

Reactions: armoloyse and dktum
No blacks are not the only ones killed by cops. But they are killed at a higher rate than whites and other races. They are killed when accused of nonviolent crimes. They are killed even when they don’t resist arrest. This country has a racism problem. This country has a police brutality problem. And you know what’s made it worse? Donald J Trump and his despicable followers. Every single person who supports Donald Trump from now on is gutter trash IMO.

Read this article: https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/

Here are some additional stats:

Here’s the 2018 breakdown of the 995 people shot and killed by the police.

403 were white, 210 were black, 148 were Hispanic, 38 were classified as other, and 199 were classified as unknown.

Out of that 995, 47 were unarmed — 23 were white, 17 were black, 5 were Hispanic, and 2 were unknown.

What happened in this case is awful and the cop should go to jail. But let’s not act like there is some mass killing spree of white cops on African Americans. The first article shows that they couldn’t find a correlation of the race of the cop - in other words - black cops were just as likely to shoot black offenders as white cops. And the second set of facts shows 17 unarmed black shootings vs 23 white.

We need to tone down this inflammatory, mass racism rhetoric. It’s not helping anyone.

So it's all Trump's fault? That's rather short sighted @johnhugh but I wouldn't expect much more than that from someone that only repeats what they have been told to think and seem to be unable to think for themselves or think outside of their political views. Have you ever considered that the Democrat party's constant use of race baiting in order to win elections and stay in power might be having a negative effect on race relations in this country? Also, ever wonder why the cities and states where Democrat ideas have been in place for 80+ years are the same places that have the worst inner city conditions?

Read this article: https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/

403 were white, 210 were black, 148 were Hispanic, 38 were classified as other, and 199 were classified as unknown.

Out of that 995, 47 were unarmed — 23 were white, 17 were black, 5 were Hispanic, and 2 were unknown.

What happened in this case is awful and the cop should go to jail. But let’s not act like there is some mass killing spree of white cops on African Americans. The first article shows that they couldn’t find a correlation of the race of the cop - in other words - black cops were just as likely to shoot black offenders as white cops. And the second set of facts shows 17 unarmed black shootings vs 23 white.

We need to tone down this inflammatory, mass racism rhetoric. It’s not helping anyone.
Not only is it not helping anyone, I would argue it is making things much worse. I have many friends that are police officers and each one has said that interactions with people of color have been exponentially more difficult over the past 10 years due to this line of thinking. It leads to non-compliance and more instances of unnecessary confrontation.

these facts support the statement that black people are shot at and killed by police in disproportionate numbers.

Black folks make up just under 13% of the population yet makeup more than 20% of the police involved shootings and almost half of folks shot and killed by police when they didn't have a weapon.

these facts support the statement that black people are shot at and killed by police in disproportionate numbers.

Black folks make up just under 13% of the population yet makeup more than 20% of the police involved shootings and almost half of folks shot and killed by police when they didn't have a weapon.
Ever take the time to look up the % of crime committed by race and compare that to the population % for that race? Ever stop to think that maybe the higher % of police interaction may be due to a higher % of crime committed by a particular race? Maybe that has a lot to do with the numbers you quoted or is that politically incorrect so let's ignore some of the facts and blame racism because it suits a political agenda? I truly don't believe these problems are solely due to racist police officers. True change will never occur if politically inconvenient facts aren't addressed and personal responsibility upheld for everyone involved.

Reactions: dktum

That’s explained by this excerpt from the Michigan State article:

“Many people ask whether black or white citizens are more likely to be shot and why. We found that violent crime rates are the driving force behind fatal shootings,” Cesario said. “Our data show that the rate of crime by each racial group correlates with the likelihood of citizens from that racial group being shot. If you live in a county that has a lot of white people committing crimes, white people are more likely to be shot. If you live in a county that has a lot of black people committing crimes, black people are more likely to be shot. It is the best predictor we have of fatal police shootings.”

They only did this to bring attention to injustice. Nothing to do with greed and thuggery

Acting like a bunch of idiots by looting and vandalizing businesses, setting your city on fire, etc...

Now these racist cops are gonna take me seriously and treat me like equals!!! Great idea!

Reactions: dktum
So it's all Trump's fault? That's rather short sighted @johnhugh but I wouldn't expect much more than that from someone that only repeats what they have been told to think and seem to be unable to think for themselves or think outside of their political views. Have you ever considered that the Democrat party's constant use of race baiting in order to win elections and stay in power might be having a negative effect on race relations in this country? Also, ever wonder why the cities and states where Democrat ideas have been in place for 80+ years are the same places that have the worst inner city conditions?
It is not all Trump's fault, but he aggravates every bad situation. He is the biggest ass in American history, and that is the truth. He gets worse every day. He imports pandemics into our country, and exports hard working immigrants. A damn imbecile. Good people on both sides. Inject some clorox. Only fifteen cases which will soon be zero. When the looting starts, the shooting starts. When will he just STFU for just one day ? Imbecile.

Let me get this straight, breaking and stealing historic artifacts from the CFB HOF is attention to injustice? No, you want to protest injustice properly against CFB you get the players to all quit try and form a union in the middle of the season. Take away what the people want, college sports. Taking away historic artifacts is just a slap to college sports and how far we have come. This was Just pure destruction, and a opportunity for criminal mischief.
I should have had a sarcasm spoiler button thingy. No, busting in a store front to go steal something that someone else paid for is only greed and thuggery

Reactions: Clemson Carl3
If they sell this stuff openly on the market, they will get caught and probably prosecuted.... they should be electrocuted. Yep I said that too.
I am a registered Rep. but wrong is wrong. All of those cops should face charges and murder 1 for the cop took the the young mans life. However burning and looting is also a crime. People are going to end up hurt or killed by the Guard before this is over, if it didn’t happen while I slept last night. This to me is as bad as when ISIS went through the Middle East and destroyed buildings and monuments that were many centuries old. Just useless....
I would myself be out in peaceful protest of this mans life if it wasn’t for the pandemic.
Not sure about death penalty for theft, but definitely arrested, prosecuted, and judged.

Everyone needs to listen to this, it's the audio of breonna Taylor's boyfriend calling 911.

Police kicked in their door, murdered her, THEN LEFT.

They didn't secure the scene, they didn't check on the victim, they didn't announce themselves. Nothing. Kicked in the door in the middle of the night..murdered a human being. And ****ing left.

This is what people are fighting. There will be no justice.

Everyone needs to listen to this, it's the audio of breonna Taylor's boyfriend calling 911.

They didn't secure the scene, they didn't check on the victim, they didn't announce themselves. Nothing. Kicked in the door in the middle of the night..murdered a human being. And ****ing left.

Didn’t listen but sounds like murder

Social unrest is only going to get worse as income inequality grows. This isn't going to end well. You want to change things, limit inheritance and ban private schools. Everybody gets the same opportunity to succeed. It sounds like a lot of poor people in Atlanta got some nice clothing last night.

Really? Hope this was meant to be sarcastic

Sounds pretty fukked up. Maybe that iswhy the FBI is investigating.

However what specifically about yhis are we fighting? No knock warrants? Police corruption? Use of force rules? Or was this a targeted premditated killing of a black woman because she was black?

For the record, i believe that we have issues with the militarization of police and the execution of no knock warrants.

Given that yhis is in tbe "fires" thread, i hope that "fighting" does not equal burning and looting.

Sounds pretty fukked up. Maybe that iswhy the FBI is investigating.

However what specifically about yhis are we fighting? No knock warrants? Police corruption? Use of force rules? Or was this a targeted premditated killing of a black woman because she was black?

For the record, i believe that we have issues with the militarization of police and the execution of no knock warrants.

Given that yhis is in tbe "fires" thread, i hope that "fighting" does not equal burning and looting.

No knock warrants for sure. Unbelievable. I’m not surprised though. The police chief and mayor (both big dems) are completely inept. Police chief already announced his retirement a few weeks ago. Terrible government leadership in Lville

No knock warrants for sure. Unbelievable. I’m not surprised though. The police chief and mayor (both big dems) are completely inept. Police chief already announced his retirement a few weeks ago. Terrible government leadership in Lville

Failed leadership and failed policies in many of the american cities that are burning or covered in human excrement.

Reactions: Jwilliamsiii
Do you think black people would be met with this same level of tolerance and peace if they protested armed to the teeth with assault rifles? Because they’ve tried peaceful protests and they’ve been met with tear gas and rubber bullets. Colin Kaepernick fried peacefully protesting and our divisive president divided the country over a uniting sport. Kaepernick met with veterans and got their approval, and was still met with nothing but condescending degradation.

So yeah, I am going to compare the two. Black people have it SIGNIFICANTLY harder in this country, there is simply no logical way to disagree with that.
They were armed to the teeth in Dallas and nothing happened. But you keep on spewing your rhetoric.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT