ADVERTISEMENT

Mackensie Alexander Arrested

Look, if you think this country is so shitty just leave. Working to improve it without blind support and worship means you hate America. So why don’t you go somewhere where the rule of law is more respected, like China or North Korea? Since you love law and order I think you’ll love those places

Meh. Still not that great John. If you are gonna troll put some actual effort into it

Didn’t you say multiple times that you were done posting in this thread? Why do you keep coming back?

Have I ever posted anything in a thread where you didn’t choose to post in also? Most of the time... quoting my post and insulting me.

@Cris_Ard JMO but you're going to start losing customers if all these threads turn into either political arguments or political echo chambers. This message board is why a good many customers gladly pay you. We can't even get past four replies into a Clemson-related thread without it turning to politics. Just giving my $0.02.

@Cris_Ard following up on this. These threads start to look like the comment section of a Post & Courier Facebook post. Certain people want to derail decent discussion and draw the faintest parallels to some political meme they saw further up on their Facebook feed.

From football to pellet grills to Charleston restaurants, the OT threads are what keep us entertained in between getting good info on Clemson athletics. Because of Covid, the OT threads have been more prevalent. I think I speak for the majority of customers when I say I'm tired of seeing the same political vitriol from about a dozen posters. To be clear, I believe everyone has the right to express their opinion. But seeing the same shit typed over and over is annoying and causes people to lose interest.

Is this what you want your message board to be?

Have I ever posted anything in a thread where you didn’t choose to post in also? Most of the time... quoting my post and insulting me.
Me pointing out that you said you were done posting in the thread yet continue to post in the thread is insulting you?

Reactions: purenonsense
@Cris_Ard following up on this. These threads start to look like the comment section of a Post & Courier Facebook post. Certain people want to derail decent discussion and draw the faintest parallels to some political meme they saw further up on their Facebook feed.

From football to pellet grills to Charleston restaurants, the OT threads are what keep us entertained in between getting good info on Clemson athletics. Because of Covid, the OT threads have been more prevalent. I think I speak for the majority of customers when I say I'm tired of seeing the same political vitriol from about a dozen posters. To be clear, I believe everyone has the right to express their opinion. But seeing the same shit typed over and over is annoying and causes people to lose interest.

I think your best route would just be to ignore it.

Actually... I chimed in and started speaking the truth.
Is it possible you're on the spectrum? There's a time and a place for some of this stuff, and a thread about somebody being arrested for going after a guy who might've had something to do with his dad going missing isn't the time and the place. Let's not forget you called the country "shitty."

Me pointing out that you said you were done posting in the thread yet continue to post in the thread is insulting you?

Brush up on your reader comprehension skills. I said *most of the time*. You had already taken your shot in one of your earlier posts.

Is it possible you're on the spectrum? There's a time and a place for some of this stuff, and a thread about somebody being arrested for going after a guy who might've had something to do with his dad going missing isn't the time and the place. Let's not forget you called the country "shitty."

I clarified and said shitty times in some cities in our country and said poor choice of words on my part.
But you already know that.

Jesus Christ folks. The man’s father is missing and y’all over here putting politics into a thread again?

We say Clemson is all about family. Yet if we were in his shoes, I’d be annoyed as hell that politics is being brought up during my missing dad’s search (not that I would be on TI if such a scenario were to occur). Simply put, seems to me the cordial thing to do is to put it aside for a few days and just send up a prayer for the man

That's the way some of these folks roll at all times.
Can't have 1 d_mn thread without bringing it back to crying over something else that happened that was completely unrelated. Lot of 1 trick pony cry babies.
Board is almost completely unreadable.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
Poor choice of words on my part. Shitty times. I clarified what I meant in a later post. Now I’m out. Have a good one.
No attack intended. I’m not a poster who has a beef with you, Amy.

Just wanted clarity because I was surprised you made such a JohnHigh-like comment.

Can't have 1 d_mn thread without bringing it back to crying over something else that happened that was completely unrelated. Lot of 1 trick pony cry babies.

Yup. It's interesting that people with a different perspective were telling us in another thread about disliking politics in sports why it's necessary to politicize sports.

I used to be so proud of our fanbase. I used to tell my friends who weren't Clemson fans or had no exposure to us that we were respectful to others and that it's a fun, family friendly environment where people from all walks come together to celebrate the Tigers.

I don't know if it's the recent success of the football team, COVID, the current political environment or something else entirely, but there some just terrible representatives of my alma mater on this board. Not saying it's to UGA or Sakerlina levels but some of y'all, on both sides, need to leave the board immediately and take your garbage to Reddit or Facebook. You're ruining it.

I hope you recognize the irony of you continuing to post the same shit over and over that has nothing to do whatsoever with the original topic of the thread (while quoting yourself!).

It's kinda annoying and will cause people to lose interest.

I used to be so proud of our fanbase. I used to tell my friends who weren't Clemson fans or had no exposure to us that we were respectful to others and that it's a fun, family friendly environment where people from all walks come together to celebrate the Tigers.

I don't know if it's the recent success of the football team, COVID, the current political environment or something else entirely, but there some just terrible representatives of my alma mater on this board. Not saying it's to UGA or Sakerlina levels but some of y'all, on both sides, need to leave the board immediately and take your garbage to Reddit or Facebook. You're ruining it.
It's embarrassing. It's pathetic.

I don't know why @Cris_Ard tolerates it. I am sure it is running decent-thinking people off the board and off these threads. Tiger Illustrated is turning into the hellhole that Twitter and other social media sites have become--full of the outspoken imbeciles on all sides, who can't just sit back and enjoy a discussion of Clemson football.

I don't know why @Cris_Ard tolerates it. I am sure it is running decent-thinking people off the board and off these threads. Tiger Illustrated is turning into the hellhole that Twitter and other social media sites have become--full of the outspoken imbeciles on all sides, who can't just sit back and enjoy a discussion of Clemson football.

Yes.
I completely closed my Facebook and Instagram accounts for that reason.
TigerIllustrated had been my reprieve.
I've been thinking about cancelling TI recently.
I have not simply because of the articles by Larry, Paul and Cris.
But you can't even read a push-pinned article without some nut-job flipping their lid and going political. Some of these folks are sad, sad, sad.

I might have to pull the trigger

Edit: TI should raise its price to $30-50/month. The $10/month paywall used to keep the crazies out. $30/month might tamp it down for a while.

Last edited:

This.

Reactions: cyclotiger

Everybody being home all the time during election season probably doesn't help, either.

Never witnessed a poster get personally attacked for sharing their opinion as much as Amy. Maybe treetiger is a bigger target, but regardless, it's ridiculous.

Folks itt telling her to leave the country LOL .. what have you personally done for this country to hold such a high opinion of your patriotic sacrifices that you feel entitled telling another citizen to get out?

Good gracious.
Preach.

All the sheeple in the USA that are sitting on their hands waiting for somebody else to step up.........heaven forbid......even the government, are part and parcel to the problems we have now.

It does need to be front and center.

And, thank you Army for your service that allows people the freedom to do just that: nothing.
except complain
call people names that don't agree with you

Yeah, things are going swimmingly ALL over the USA

seems the about the same on here

Reactions: purenonsense
ADVERTISEMENT