ADVERTISEMENT

Mask poll - wearing mask in stadiums

What's your thoughts on wearing masks at college and HS stadiums

• Ill be in full compliance and don't plan on taking my mask off

Votes: 170 34.1%
  • I'll wear my mask when not socially distanced

Votes: 169 33.9%
  • I'll wear my mask to get in and only if there is a threat of getting kicked out

Votes: 88 17.7%
  • I'm not wearing a mask period and if they don't let me in or throw me out then so be it

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • I'm not going because I'm high risk or have a high risk loved one but have no issues with masks

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • I'm not going because I'm not gonna wear a mask and I don't want to deal with the BS

Votes: 41 8.2%

• Total voters
Voting option number 2 is interesting. I fully expected this to be the rule this year and probably would have happily attended in person, but when the announcement was made that it didn't matter if you were properly distanced, you HAD to wear a mask in the stadium, it became a complete deal breaker for me. I mean, even in South Club, it gets HOT during games and I am not willing to pay what I pay for a crappy, masked, sweaty experience. Sorry guys on the team, but you'll need to play this year without me.

ETA: Every single morning now while getting ready and listening to my fave morning show, our illustrious Surgeon General comes on with his plea about Coronavirus, and he says That IF you are outside and can't be socially distanced THEN, please wear a face covering. So is our Surgeon General wrong, or is Clemson wrong? Because somebody must be wrong. And people wonder why adherence is inconsistent!

Last edited:
Voting option number 2 is interesting. I fully expected this to be the rule this year and probably would have happily attended in person, but when the announcement was made that it didn't matter if you were properly distanced, you HAD to wear a mask in the stadium, it became a complete deal breaker for me. I mean, even in South Club, it gets HOT during games and I am not willing to pay what I pay for a crappy, masked, sweaty experience. Sorry guys on the team, but you'll need to play this year without me.

ETA: Every single more Ning now while getting ready and listening to my fave morning show, our illustrious Surgeon General comes on with his plea about Coronavirus, and he says That IF you are outside and can't be socially distanced THEN, please wear a face covering. So is our Surgeon General wrong, or is Clemson wrong? Because somebody must be wrong. And people wonder why adherence is inconsistent!

Why does somebody have to be wrong in your scenario. Can't Clemson just implement measures or rules above the accepted norm in their facility? I mean, you can't smoke in the stadium or drink even if you are >21, but both are allowed in the parking lots. Clemson requires face coverings to attend games in 2020 - not sure why people read too much into it.

I just learned yesterday that not everyone in Death Valley took their mask off to watch the game. Our ushers (Section E) literally told us we could take them off once we sat down (without us asking). I looked around and only about 10% of people wore them in their seats. Had no clue other sections didn’t operate same way.

Why does somebody have to be wrong in your scenario. Can't Clemson just implement measures or rules above the accepted norm in their facility? I mean, you can't smoke in the stadium or drink even if you are >21, but both are allowed in the parking lots. Clemson requires face coverings to attend games in 2020 - not sure why people read too much into it.

'That's fine. We don't think alike. I'm not sure why people think they need to respond to everything. But that's fine. You be you. I'll be me. Clemson can, and did do what they're entitled to do. And I made my decision.

Is it an actual crime though?

Yes, when a policeman gives you an order you follow it without question. He told her to put on her mask, she refused. He told her to leave, she refused. He tried to remove her, she resisted. Lock her up!

I am pretty sure the friend tried to grab the taser also, she should be in jail!

LAW AND ORDER! BACK THE BLUE!

If you are socially distant, you don't have to wear a mask. If you are wearing a mask, you don't have to be socially distant. I'm not sure why folks think you need to do both. Read!

Just say "I have a medical condition." You CAN NOT be asked any further questions or removed from a facility.

No. This is in Ohio, I think. That is likely a local ordinance or a municipality offense which would not classify as an actual "crime". Also, that cop is likely hired by the school/league/etc. In which case, he just used excessive force. I would be surprised if there are no repercussions for him after this.

She should have not physically resisted like that though.

But in a statement posted Thursday, police said: “It is important to note, the female was not arrested for failing to wear a mask, she was asked to leave the premises for continually violating school policy. Once she refused to leave the premises, she was advised she was under arrest for criminal trespassing, she resisted the arrest, which led to the use of force.”

BACK THE BLUE!

I voted the first option. I think the COVID is pretty much a retarded lib scheme, but I also don’t want to get tossed out of the stadium or have some Karen give me shit. Especially, when I just want to watch some football.
I'm with you on that....... because my wife's immune system puts her at greater risk. It's the assholes in the last option who are the problem.

If you are socially distant, you don't have to wear a mask. If you are wearing a mask, you don't have to be socially distant. I'm not sure why folks think you need to do both. Read!

Just say "I have a medical condition." You CAN NOT be asked any further questions or removed from a facility.
she was not arrested for the mask, but you can be denied service by any business at their discretion for any reason. i dont know why people think they have the right to go in a grocery store without a mask and claim their rights are being violated. hilarious.

she was not arrested for the mask, but you can be denied service by any business at their discretion for any reason. i dont know why people think they have the right to go in a grocery store without a mask and claim their rights are being violated. hilarious.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and saw a bunch of people without them. It was a Publix.

I will wear a mask. I don’t feel like that is infringing upon any rights just like I wear shirt and shoes to stores, etc. Not a big deal in my mind.
That said I do feel like we will be at an impasse soon, and will need to “rip the bandaid off” so to speak.

'That's fine. We don't think alike. I'm not sure why people think they need to respond to everything. But that's fine. You be you. I'll be me. Clemson can, and did do what they're entitled to do. And I made my decision.

Why do you assume “we don’t think alike”? I doubt I’ll attend a game this season as I just don’t care about wearing a mask for 3 hours straight, even though I have no issue with them as a protective measure.

The reason I responded was because you asked a question about who was wrong: the Surgeon General or Clemson. I was just pointing out that neither were in your scenario. Also, I never stated that your decision to not attend was wrong, nor do I have a problem with Clemson’s protocols.

ETA: Every single morning now while getting ready and listening to my fave morning show, our illustrious Surgeon General comes on with his plea about Coronavirus, and he says That IF you are outside and can't be socially distanced THEN, please wear a face covering. So is our Surgeon General wrong, or is Clemson wrong? Because somebody must be wrong. And people wonder why adherence is inconsistent!
The vast majority of people in the South Club for The Citadel game did NOT wear masks while in their seats.

For those are the game what percentage were wearing masks? From tv it looked like about 60% to 75% of people were not wearing masks in the stands while seated.

About 60% seems right. Many took their mask off when they sat down. I kept mine on the majority but pulled down from my nose.

Clemson seemed to ignore that logic and just require masks AND distance. Not sure why but it ran me off for sure. The notion that Clemson or anyone else needs to protect me is laughable.

But in a statement posted Thursday, police said: “It is important to note, the female was not arrested for failing to wear a mask, she was asked to leave the premises for continually violating school policy. Once she refused to leave the premises, she was advised she was under arrest for criminal trespassing, she resisted the arrest, which led to the use of force.”

BACK THE BLUE!
The cop was doing his job. The problem is the system that actually made a law where he could arrest a person who was literally endangering no one in an outdoor environment.

I'd say she's against wearing them.

Sometimes it is easier to wear a mask. But boy, she resisted the hell out of the arrest. Possible charges include Disobeying A Lawful Order, Violation of Mask Ordinance (if there was one), Trespassing , Disorderly Conduct, and Resisting Arrest. I am willing to bet she was a smart ass about it prior to the camera rolling. What did she say at the end when the cameraman yelled at her ?

Last edited:
I thought this wasn’t a political virus?
It shouldnt be. Did you see the Trump Rally in Ohio where the Republican Lt Governor got boo'd repeatedly for asking the Trump supporters to put on their masks? They even boo'd him when he asked them to buy Trump-Pence masks for fundraising? SMH

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT