ADVERTISEMENT

Mask poll - wearing mask in stadiums

What's your thoughts on wearing masks at college and HS stadiums

• Ill be in full compliance and don't plan on taking my mask off

Votes: 170 34.1%
  • I'll wear my mask when not socially distanced

Votes: 169 33.9%
  • I'll wear my mask to get in and only if there is a threat of getting kicked out

Votes: 88 17.7%
  • I'm not wearing a mask period and if they don't let me in or throw me out then so be it

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • I'm not going because I'm high risk or have a high risk loved one but have no issues with masks

Votes: 19 3.8%
  • I'm not going because I'm not gonna wear a mask and I don't want to deal with the BS

Votes: 41 8.2%

• Total voters
Yes, when a policeman gives you an order you follow it without question. He told her to put on her mask, she refused. He told her to leave, she refused. He tried to remove her, she resisted. Lock her up!

I am pretty sure the friend tried to grab the taser also, she should be in jail!

LAW AND ORDER! BACK THE BLUE!
This was clearly racially motivated.

Karen lives matter.

I for one am going to burn a few buildings tonight.

she was not arrested for the mask, but you can be denied service by any business at their discretion for any reason. i dont know why people think they have the right to go in a grocery store without a mask and claim their rights are being violated. hilarious.
Really? You can be denied service for any reason? Like being black? Or gay? Or handicapped? Better ponder that because you are wrong.

2% rate of Karen's. I wonder if that's higher per capita nationally?

Why do you assume “we don’t think alike”? I doubt I’ll attend a game this season as I just don’t care about wearing a mask for 3 hours straight, even though I have no issue with them as a protective measure.

The reason I responded was because you asked a question about who was wrong: the Surgeon General or Clemson. I was just pointing out that neither were in your scenario. Also, I never stated that your decision to not attend was wrong, nor do I have a problem with Clemson’s protocols.
Please excuse her. She doesn’t know any better.

This was clearly racially motivated.

Karen lives matter.

I for one am going to burn a few buildings tonight.

You joining your boogaloo brothers out on the streets? Shame on you.

LAW AND ORDER! I BACK THE BLUE!

PAC12 just made it official Covid-19 will be over the Saturday after the election lol!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Israel just announced new lockdowns due to spike in rona. They must be trying to hurt Trump! #electioninfection

Plain and simple...I’ll wear a mask when required to in places where I need something from that location or it is business related.

No way in hell am I going to sit in Death Valley, especially on a hot September Day, with a mask on especially if tailgating lots are only open for 2 hours.

I will have people over, tailgate on my patio with other games on the tube, drink, and enjoy them on TV. The games live are more for my kids anyway. They are work for me and ain’t cheap. I’m not putting myself through the bull shit of wearing a mask, rebreathing my own air, and being miserable just to get back in the stadium

If you are socially distant, you don't have to wear a mask. If you are wearing a mask, you don't have to be socially distant. I'm not sure why folks think you need to do both. Read!

Just say "I have a medical condition." You CAN NOT be asked any further questions or removed from a facility.
This!!! What is so difficult to understand about this?!?!?! Social conditioning I guess... :)

Plain and simple...I’ll wear a mask when required to in places where I need something from that location or it is business related.

No way in hell am I going to sit in Death Valley, especially on a hot September Day, with a mask on especially if tailgating lots are only open for 2 hours.

I will have people over, tailgate on my patio with other games on the tube, drink, and enjoy them on TV. The games live are more for my kids anyway. They are work for me and ain’t cheap. I’m not putting myself through the bull shit of wearing a mask, rebreathing my own air, and being miserable just to get back in the stadium
I’m not going to lie. I’ve been having some friends over, grilling out, playing cornhole in the back yard and drinking without having to drive home. It’s been really enjoyable and much less expensive

I’m not going to lie. I’ve been having some friends over, grilling out, playing cornhole in the back yard and drinking without having to drive home. It’s been really enjoyable and much less expensive

same here...the clean up sucks but take the good with the bad

Reactions: eubyscott
I just learned yesterday that not everyone in Death Valley took their mask off to watch the game. Our ushers (Section E) literally told us we could take them off once we sat down (without us asking). I looked around and only about 10% of people wore them in their seats. Had no clue other sections didn’t operate same way.
Was in section C ld. Wore. them the whole game. My lips were blistered and peeled on Sunday. Wish we could remove the mask once seated. But will follow the rules to get to go to the games. Pulled mask down below nose periodically to breath better.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319

You've just confirmed my biggest concern for IPTAY going forward. How many folks who redshirted will want to go back when the time comes! I understand your position and have personally enjoyed some aspects of watching at home, but for me, it isn't even close to the real thing and I'll go back.

In Ohio by government decree masks are required at all public gatherings, to include sports and games. You will note everyone around her is wearing a mask. She was asked by the policeman twice to put on a mask and she refused.She was then told she would have to leave and she refused to comply. The policeman then tried to get her to again leave but she refused. She was then told that she would be arrested for trespassing if she continued to refuse to comply, and she again refused. The policeman then tried to remove her and she again resisted .the policeman then told her she would be arrested if she did not comply, and she again refused. The policeman attempted to place her under arrest and she became combative and non compliant. After continued struggling with her the policeman then used his Taser. She was then placed in restraints and removed from the stadium. This was not " an arrest about a mask," rather an arrest for continued non compliance and combativeness against a lawful order. The school district had made it plain pre game that masks and mask compliance were mandatory, and that non compliant individuals would be removed.

Please excuse her. She doesn’t know any better.
huh? Who are you talking about. His response was dripping with disapproval and if you were paying attention and not hellbent on proving some point in your own head, you would know that. The fact is, it seems like Mr @adgjunior doesn't understand the way I'm made. He astutely noticed that when I analyze a situation, I'm looking for "who's right and who's wrong." It's my competitive nature. In my world, there is 100% of the time a winner and a loser. No participation trophy. Someone wins and someone loses. Period. End of story. If the rest of you want to do something different, that is fine by me. I don't tell you guys how to live. Not my problem. None of my business. Just don't tell ME how I should live.

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
huh? Who are you talking about. His response was dripping with disapproval and if you were paying attention and not hellbent on proving some point in your own head, you would know that. The fact is, it seems like Mr @adgjunior doesn't understand the way I'm made. He astutely noticed that when I analyze a situation, I'm looking for "who's right and who's wrong." It's my competitive nature. In my world, there is 100% of the time a winner and a loser. No participation trophy. Someone wins and someone loses. Period. End of story. If the rest of you want to do something different, that is fine by me. I don't tell you guys how to live. Not my problem. None of my business. Just don't tell ME how I should live.
Relax. You’re A okay in my book and I’m just “dishing it back”. Lol

Stag’s Leap Artemis tonight for the first time and its really good. Getting better by the minute.

• Love
In Ohio by government decree masks are required at all public gatherings, to include sports and games. You will note everyone around her is wearing a mask. She was asked by the policeman twice to put on a mask and she refused.She was then told she would have to leave and she refused to comply. The policeman then tried to get her to again leave but she refused. She was then told that she would be arrested for trespassing if she continued to refuse to comply, and she again refused. The policeman then tried to remove her and she again resisted .the policeman then told her she would be arrested if she did not comply, and she again refused. The policeman attempted to place her under arrest and she became combative and non compliant. After continued struggling with her the policeman then used his Taser. She was then placed in restraints and removed from the stadium. This was not " an arrest about a mask," rather an arrest for continued non compliance and combativeness against a lawful order. The school district had made it plain pre game that masks and mask compliance were mandatory, and that non compliant individuals would be removed.

Sayings it's not about a mask is the dumbest thing I've heard today. They asked her to leave because she didn't have on a ___________ . Fill in the blank please Sherlock.

The problem is there should never be a law where they are allowed to ask her to leave when outside, more than 6' from any strangers watching her kid play without a mask. The cheerleaders 15 feet in front of them don't have masks.. either covid is so dangerous everyone should be wearing masks and we shouldn't be playing football or masks are bullshit... Yeah you need aask so you don't die or kill anyone else so you can watch your kids play without masks. Dumbass liberal logic if you ask me.

oh damn, that is one mighty fine bottle. I'm involved in a Priorat right now, and though good, you've got me tempted to switch.

You've just confirmed my biggest concern for IPTAY going forward. How many folks who redshirted will want to go back when the time comes! I understand your position and have personally enjoyed some aspects of watching at home, but for me, it isn't even close to the real thing and I'll go back.
You are definitely right that it’s not the same as being in God’s country. And confession: I had already given up season tickets due to financial reasons. I usually go to a game or two a year, which is probably what I’ll still do once things get back to normal.

Sayings it's not about a mask is the dumbest thing I've heard today. They asked her to leave because she didn't have on a ___________ . Fill in the blank please Sherlock.

The problem is there should never be a law where they are allowed to ask her to leave when outside, more than 6' from any strangers watching her kid play without a mask. The cheerleaders 15 feet in front of them don't have masks.. either covid is so dangerous everyone should be wearing masks and we shouldn't be playing football or masks are bullshit... Yeah you need aask so you don't die or kill anyone else so you can watch your kids play without masks. Dumbass liberal logic if you ask me.
I only have seen your post. i have not read too many of the others. Here is my two cents. The property was school premises. Different rules apply to school premises.. Cheerleaders were more than fifteen feet away from the stands. That much is given and noticeable.. There is more than one video on this subject, some longer than others, but i have not seen any videos that show the previous interactions between the officer and the fan. But here are the facts. She was asked to put on a mask. She refused. She was told that she could go get a mask and come back. She refused. She was given an official warning to put on a mask . She refused. She was then placed on notice of trespass on the property and told to leave. She refused. She was then told that she was under arrest for trespass. She resisted arrest. After a significant and sustained resistance, she was tazed by the officer. Only then was the officer, a burly man, able to handcuff her. Even handcuffed, she resisted with her legs going down the steps. Sometimes, it is easier to just put on a mask.

I only have seen your post. i have not read too many of the others. Here is my two cents. The property was school premises. Different rules apply to school premises.. Cheerleaders were more than fifteen feet away from the stands. That much is given and noticeable.. There is more than one video on this subject, some longer than others, but i have not seen any videos that show the previous interactions between the officer and the fan. But here are the facts. She was asked to put on a mask. She refused. She was told that she could go get a mask and come back. She refused. She was given an official warning to put on a mask . She refused. She was then placed on notice of trespass on the property and told to leave. She refused. She was then told that she was under arrest for trespass. She resisted arrest. After a significant and sustained resistance, she was tazed by the officer. Only then was the officer, a burly man, able to handcuff her. Even handcuffed, she resisted with her legs going down the steps. Sometimes, it is easier to just put on a mask.

It's easier just to wear the yellow star, it's easier just to get on the train... Just be a compliant peasant as we strip away your freedom

Reactions: jbrew1113
I don’t get the resistance. Clemson has gone to tremendous effort and cost to allow us to go to the games. All they ask is wear a mask. Regardless of how you feel about the ‘rona...if positive numbers spike, the state will shut it down. I want to be in Death Valley, not at home. What is the big deal about sitting in the seat they assigned you and wearing a mask? Why not respect what they are asking us to do so we can do what we all love?

Reactions: fcctiger12
It's easier just to wear the yellow star, it's easier just to get on the train... Just be a compliant peasant as we strip away your freedom
The Mask Shamers will be the ones to get on the train for noncompliance and public health safety. They are already jumping off Facebook and headed to Parler.

Yes, when a policeman gives you an order you follow it without question. He told her to put on her mask, she refused. He told her to leave, she refused. He tried to remove her, she resisted. Lock her up!

I am pretty sure the friend tried to grab the taser also, she should be in jail!

LAW AND ORDER! BACK THE BLUE!

Yes. I don't understand how some of the "law and order" folks think it's ok to disobey mask mandates.
It's such a simple thing. It's certainly not worth dying on that hill even if you don't believe in wearing masks.
Yeah, masks aren't comfortable - suck it up softies.

I drove my family of 5 from NC to Fort Worth, Texas and back for an outdoor, immediate family only wedding. Deep South - Alabama thru Texas had very little mask wearing. Even folks working in restaurants were not wearing them or had them pulled down to their necks just to say 'hey, I have one on'. No apparent repercussions.
My father & mother inlaw who are in their 70's with college educations do not wear masks. He said, "Hey, it's Texas. We don't have the virus issue here". What? Running around hugging and imploring the other folks to take off their masks. Very selfish if not stupidly risky. They got mad when my 11 year old girl gave them a lecture on us trying to keep them safe. She was worried about her grandparents.

I'm not big on wearing masks outside when distanced like the good seating setup Clemson has is in place - but if it's the rule, I'll follow it.

Reactions: purenonsense
Yes. I don't understand how some of the "law and order" folks think it's ok to disobey mask mandates.
It's such a simple thing. It's certainly not worth dying on that hill even if you don't believe in wearing masks.
Yeah, masks aren't comfortable - suck it up softies.

I drove my family of 5 from NC to Fort Worth, Texas and back for an outdoor, immediate family only wedding. Deep South - Alabama thru Texas had very little mask wearing. Even folks working in restaurants were not wearing them or had them pulled down to their necks just to say 'hey, I have one on'. No apparent repercussions.
My father & mother inlaw who are in their 70's with college educations do not wear masks. He said, "Hey, it's Texas. We don't have the virus issue here". What? Running around hugging and imploring the other folks to take off their masks. Very selfish if not stupidly risky. They got mad when my 11 year old girl gave them a lecture on us trying to keep them safe. She was worried about her grandparents.

I'm not big on wearing masks outside when distanced like the good seating setup Clemson has is in place - but if it's the rule, I'll follow it.

Sounds like your in-laws have some common sense.

ADVERTISEMENT