ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe I’m crazy, but didn’t Dabo get blasted by the media for having the same message?

Last edited:
Sucks Dabo got raked over the coals but that doesn't take away from how impressed I am with this fellow. He's a young guy who knows what he believes and won't be pressured into hiding his faith and beliefs. Nothing but respect for Mr Isaac.

1) This guy was blasted too.

2) This whole “white men are under attack” narrative is so weak and inaccurate.

For the record, Im not saying “white men are under attack.”

Im just pointing out that when white men make statements about race it’s usually a lose-lose proposition. It’s either white-splaining, insensitive, out of touch, or racist.

Hell, Dabo got criticized for quoting Martin Luther King Jr.

The fact this guy is getting criticized is just mind boggling and makes me tired.

Last edited:

wholesale denial. Can’t imagine what’s in it for you to flee so completely from the stark reality right under your nose. Fanatical denial.

Reactions: Essolover4
You necks still don't get it. I give up

wholesale denial. Can’t imagine what’s in it for you to flee so completely from the stark reality right under your nose. Fanatical denial.
You mean like the fanatical denial that too many white Americans have had for far too long about the stark reality of how people of color have been treated in this country?

Reactions: trich24
For the record, Im not saying “white men are under attack.”

Im just pointing out that when white men make statements about race it’s usually a lose-lose proposition. It’s either white-splaining, insensitive, out of touch, or racist.

Hell, Dabo got criticized for quoting Martin Luther King Jr.

I can definitely see where you’re coming from here. I don’t think that’s exclusive to white men though. Someone will ALWAYS disagree on a take about a controversial topic. For example, when black men talk about race the criticisms range from them playing the victim and not caring about “black on black crime” to them not doing/saying enough to speak out against it (like the player in the video).

For the record, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that he’s being criticized. You can’t force someone to protest. The fact that he, a black man, was asked if he believes black lives matter because he didn’t protest and wear a t shirt is asinine. The reporter should be ashamed of herself.

Last edited:
I can definitely see where you’re coming from here. I don’t think that’s exclusive to white men though. Someone will ALWAYS disagree on a take about a controversial topic. For example, when black men talk about race the criticisms range from them playing the victim and not caring about “black on black crime” to them not doing/saying enough to speak out against it (like the player in the video).

I agree with you. And the constant criticism, and extreme media reporting on these type of things is what slows progress instead of helping. We haven’t even gotten to the politics that control the race narrative in order to garner voters.

I think what people are saying neither was Dabo wrong or this guy was wrong... no matter the color.... but yet the college football is calling Dabo a racist(I’m assuming because he is white).

As a fan and people that follow Clemson and Dabo we all know this is a lie. Yet we have some fans to continue to attack Dabo for “handling it wrong”. Dabo did not do anything wrong, he truly loves all of his guys, no matter the color. We ALL KNOW THIS... i just don’t understand why some fans continue to attack Dabo vs having his back.... don’t give me a narrative bull crap answer... if you’re a real Clemson fan that knows this program then you know what Dabo stands for and its complete opposite of how he has been treated by the media... and if you disagree, i think i speak for the majority of Clemson fans.... take a hike, you would be known as a “cancer” to a competitive team.... @trich24 im not specifically saying you, I’m just replying to you

because of thought both got it right, yet both are being treated as “clueless” “not a real black man” “racist”

It’s definitely not the only narrative that’s weak and inaccurate on a national level these days

Blasted by some, but overall I would say he is being praised for his views. The ones that are blasting him are the BLM radicals that won’t tolerate any nuanced views.

Dabo was mostly praised for his views too. I still maintain that what really got Dabo under fire was him having the religious, all lives matter take a few years after saying people that don’t like it here need to move to another country.

Reactions: RoyalBengal25
The poor millionaire slaves in the NBA. ; )
Those guys don’t give a dam about the biggest problem of black on black crime and the lack of good black fathers. If they can’t blame whitey, then they just ignore it.

Reactions: cu2020

ill check back next week and see if Johnathan Issac is still being blasted by the media.

stay tuned.

Dabo is a white male. Literally nothing he says on race will be accepted.
The counter to that is the message being sent by BLM is white lives don't. This isn't about bringing a GD soul together for a finding of common ground to build on. It's about hate and destruction. Tell me I'm wrong with a straight face.

Reactions: Allenjg25
I think what people are saying neither was Dabo wrong or this guy was wrong... no matter the color.... but yet the college football is calling Dabo a racist(I’m assuming because he is white).

As a fan and people that follow Clemson and Dabo we all know this is a lie. Yet we have some fans to continue to attack Dabo for “handling it wrong”. Dabo did not do anything wrong, he truly loves all of his guys, no matter the color. We ALL KNOW THIS... i just don’t understand why some fans continue to attack Dabo vs having his back.... don’t give me a narrative bull crap answer... if you’re a real Clemson fan that knows this program then you know what Dabo stands for and its complete opposite of how he has been treated by the media... and if you disagree, i think i speak for the majority of Clemson fans.... take a hike, you would be known as a “cancer” to a competitive team.... @trich24 im not specifically saying you, I’m just replying to you

because of thought both got it right, yet both are being treated as “clueless” “not a real black man” “racist”

There are a lot of levels to the Dabo criticism. First and foremost, anybody who knows him personally or closely follows the program knows he’s not a racist. However, there is a Grand Canyon sized gap in between being a racist and being an advocate/ally for your black players. Current and former players along with current football staff members felt like Dabo’s comments didn’t do enough to advocate for his guys on this particular topic. I agree with that take.

I also agree that a lot of the criticism on Dabo from the general public was unwarranted. I don’t expect Dabo or anybody to be perfect and always make the perfect statement. I think he did the right thing by having meaningful conversations and really speaking from the heart at the rally. I said it earlier in this thread, but I think a lot of people soured on Dabo some when he did the whole move to another country if you don’t like it here thing. He never apologized or clarified his statements so people assume that he thinks black people have nothing to complain about and he doesn’t care about what we are advocating for.

For the record, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that he’s being criticized. You can’t force someone to protest. The fact that he, a black man, was asked if he believes black lives matter because he didn’t protest and wear a t shirt is asinine. The reporter should be ashamed of herself.

That man has way more class than I based on his answer to that horrendous question. It seems the media just wants people in one of two tribes.

There are a lot of levels to the Dabo criticism. First and foremost, anybody who knows him personally or closely follows the program knows he’s not a racist. However, there is a Grand Canyon sized gap in between being a racist and being an advocate/ally for your black players. Current and former players along with current football staff members felt like Dabo’s comments didn’t do enough to advocate for his guys on this particular topic. I agree with that take.

I also agree that a lot of the criticism on Dabo from the general public was unwarranted. I don’t expect Dabo or anybody to be perfect and always make the perfect statement. I think he did the right thing by having meaningful conversations and really speaking from the heart at the rally. I said it earlier in this thread, but I think a lot of people soured on Dabo some when he did the whole move to another country if you don’t like it here thing. He never apologized or clarified his statements so people assume that he thinks black people have nothing to complain about and he doesn’t care about what we are advocating for.

I can understand why someone gets upset about the “move to another country” comment that many people have made. However, it does get blown out of proportion imo. By all accounts, America is the most inclusive country in the world, and it provides freedoms others don’t. Does that mean we cant get better? No. But I believe people on both sides forget how we got here.

Reactions: toasted8CU
I can understand why someone gets upset about the “move to another country” comment that many people have made. However, it does get blown out of proportion imo. By all accounts, America is the most inclusive country in the world, and it provides freedoms others don’t. Does that mean we cant get better? No. But I believe people on both sides forget how we got here.

Let me ask you this... When Donald Trump went from rally to rally in 2016 saying how America had gone to shit and how we needed to make it great again, how many people said he should move to another country “if it’s so bad here”? Do you think Dabo had that take?

Let me ask you this... When Donald Trump went from rally to rally in 2016 saying how America had gone to shit and how we needed to make it great again, how many people said he should move to another country “if it’s so bad here”? Do you think Dabo had that take?

I honestly have no idea. I do know that is literally every politicians platform every 4 years. Obama was “Change”. W wanted change from Clinton.

Let me ask you this, what place on earth is a better place to live than America?

I honestly have no idea. I do know that is literally every politicians platform every 4 years. Obama was “Change”. W wanted change from Clinton.

Let me ask you this, what place on earth is a better place to live than America?

I’ve never lived anywhere else so I couldn’t tell you. I can tell you there are dozens of countries around the world where the citizens believe their country is the best country in the world.

That man has way more class than I based on his answer to that horrendous question. It seems the media just wants people in one of two tribes.
The media wants a story with quotes that draw clicks. That's the business model. They don't give a damn if it causes any divide in the country. Give them clicks or give them death

From a white girl none the less lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT