McDonalds and lack of common sense....

harristeeter

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Feb 2, 2015
Yea I know “dear Facebook “. But
A- I don’t Facebook
B- I’ve got to let this steam off

So I’m on a job site just now and walk about 100 yards to grab some breakfast at this McDonald’s. Almost get there and I remembered I didn’t have a mask. So I went in and pulled my shirt up over my face.

The mgr looks at me and says “you need a mask”

Me - “I have a covering”

Mgr - “the sign says on the doors “mask or face coverings”

Me - “I have my face covered!”

Mgr - Not my rules”

Me - “you mean I’m going to have to walk ALL the way back for a mask”

Idiot - I’m not making you do anything “

Me - “my shirt is thicker than what you have on!!” Voice very much raised. He had a paper mask on

Stupid - “you can take his order if you want” looking at an employee as he walks away. (He was running the counter FYI)

Me - what’s your name

Imbecile - Tim (Need a @ron_munson ruling here)

Me - figures

Walked out and can’t believe I let “Tim” infuriate me like he did. Stupid Covid

Go Tigers!
😂😂

Reactions: amynhop
A- I don’t Facebook

So I’m on a job site just now and walk about 100 yards to grab some breakfast at this McDonald’s. Almost get there and I remembered I didn’t have a mask. So I went in and pulled my shirt up over my face.

Me - “I have a covering”

Mgr - Not my rules”

Me - “my shirt is thicker than what you have on!!” Voice very much raised. He had a paper mask on

Stupid - “you can take his order if you want” looking at an employee as he walks away. (He was running the counter FYI)

Me - what’s your name

Me - figures

Go Tigers!
😂😂
You should have shut your piehole and gone to get your mask.

Here’s the rub, what I had around my face was 5x better than his. Not to mention his co-workers that had their masks around their chins.
🙄🙄
The weave on your stretched out shirt was not tighter than his paper mask.

Also, you sound like exactly the type of person that thrives on Facebook. You should go there.

A- I don’t Facebook

Me - “I have a covering”

Mgr - Not my rules”

Me - what’s your name

Me - figures

Go Tigers!
😂😂
So you don’t follow the rules and want to blame an underpaid McDonald’s employee who is just doing their job and you are trying to be the victim. I feel bad for all these kids having to enforce rules that so many selfish people won’t follow.

Bojangles drive thru. Order is 10 dollars and 12 cents. I give her 10.25 and she said do you need change we like exact change. It was the way she said it but I said yes or I give you 10. She said we like exact change so I look and have 7 cents. No got to have total. I said you want me to give you 12 cents but you can’t give me a nickel (I wasn’t looking for a discount) so I sat there. She gave me my 12 cents as the line was backing up. Had the change the entire time

I saw this exact same scenario play out at the Wendy’s in Clemson the first week the mask mandate went into place. We were on the lake and had docked the boat and walked up. Another boater, big guy, was at the counter going through this exact same scenario as I opened the door to walk in. He wasn’t really being combative, just trying to figure out how he could get food for his kid and I was listening from the door because I was in the same situation without a mask.

After a minute or two, a younger black guy waiting on his order walked over and told the guy to gtfo of Wendy’s if he had a problem and started to kind of bow up. The guy told him to mind his own business and they started chirping at one another. I was the only person in Wendy’s big enough to break them up if they got into it and I started to walk over.

Thats when I looked up and saw the cameras above the registers and thought to myself, “nope. Not gonna be one of those guys going viral on Facebook fighting in a fast good joint.” Especially a fight between a white guy and black guy right now in this current climate. So, I just walked backed to the dock and told my wife I needed to borrow her bikini top to make a mask.

A- I don’t Facebook

Me - “I have a covering”

Mgr - Not my rules”

Me - what’s your name

Me - figures

Go Tigers!
😂😂
Is that you Karen?

Wait until OP goes back with a mask and they tell him that the ice cream machine is broken, he'll go full Karen then
My parents go almost every day and get a latte for several years now. They’re retired and it’s a highlight of their day. They can tell you which ones take care of their machines and have stories to tell about each one on the area. Stepmom has called corporate on one of them.

I saw this exact same scenario play out at the Wendy’s in Clemson the first week the mask mandate went into place. We were on the lake and had docked the boat and walked up. Another boater, big guy, was at the counter going through this exact same scenario as I opened the door to walk in. He wasn’t really being combative, just trying to figure out how he could get food for his kid and I was listening from the door because I was in the same situation without a mask.

After a minute or two, a younger black guy waiting on his order walked over and told the guy to gtfo of Wendy’s if he had a problem and started to kind of bow up. The guy told him to mind his own business and they started chirping at one another. I was the only person in Wendy’s big enough to break them up if they got into it and I started to walk over.

Thats when I looked up and saw the cameras above the registers and thought to myself, “nope. Not gonna be one of those guys going viral on Facebook fighting in a fast good joint.” Especially a fight between a white guy and black guy right now in this current climate. So, I just walked backed to the dock and told my wife I needed to borrow her bikini top to make a mask.
Well played sir. Did she comply?

Live look at how this thread went for OP...

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: purenonsense
Bojangles drive thru. Order is 10 dollars and 12 cents. I give her 10.25 and she said do you need change we like exact change. It was the way she said it but I said yes or I give you 10. She said we like exact change so I look and have 7 cents. No got to have total. I said you want me to give you 12 cents but you can’t give me a nickel (I wasn’t looking for a discount) so I sat there. She gave me my 12 cents as the line was backing up. Had the change the entire time

I assume you probably either missed the sign on the window explaining the coin shortage and request for exact change or you haven’t been tuned in to the news lately that there is a nationwide coin shortage.

A- I don’t Facebook

Me - “I have a covering”

Mgr - Not my rules”

Me - what’s your name

Me - figures

Go Tigers!
😂😂

I hear ya op and i feel your pain daily. In situations like this it helps me to know that this guy works at McDonalds for a reason.

Well played sir. Did she comply?
Negative. I ended up having to use one of my infant’s used outfits that smelled like straight spit up. The boat trip happened spontaneously and we hadn’t planned/packed very well

I assume you probably either missed the sign on the window explaining the coin shortage and request for exact change or you haven’t been tuned in to the news lately that there is a nationwide coin shortage.

No place has a right to demand exact change. You’ve lost your mind if you think otherwise. Now, if Bojangkes wants to round down to the nearest dollar, they can certainly do that... that’s up to them.

Reactions: tigerGUY
I hear ya op and i feel your pain daily. In situations like this it helps me to know that this guy works at McDonalds for a reason.
And he is doing his job. Respect should be given no matter where you work. Remember people with well respected jobs still count on McDonald’s employees for food.

A- I don’t Facebook

Me - “I have a covering”

Mgr - Not my rules”

Me - what’s your name

Me - figures

Go Tigers!
😂😂
“Hey everyone I’m an asshole who yells at fast food workers”

FIFY

You should have turned around and walked less than 100 yards to get your mask. It wasn’t the managers fault you were too lazy to do that. It’s McDonalds so he probably deals with tons of lazy people everyday eating there. He handled the situation very well and deserves a promotion. Sorry you got mad over something that was 100% your fault.

No place has a right to demand exact change. You’ve lost your mind if you think otherwise. Now, if Bojangkes wants to round down to the nearest dollar, they can certainly do that... that’s up to them.

Demand and request are two separate words with different meanings. I don’t know of any business demanding exact change, but nearly all are requesting it.

No point in being a butthole to a teenager at a drive through that is trying to do their job. Not their fault that there is a nationwide shortage.

Reactions: cemtiger
sure they do and you have a right to go somewhere else

As a business owner and a consumer, this is a terrible take. It's incumbent on the business to solve the problem. They're just being lazy.

Once to the window and see sign it is a little late I pick up breakfast for some of my employees 5-6 mornings a week and usually avoid this Bojangles but since late March this is the first time I have seen a posted sign. Convenience stores, grocery store, and other places I frequent do not have signs posted and I haven’t even had this addressed
Apparently you and I go different places

ADVERTISEMENT