ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis Arkansas st / I hate ESPN now

I muted it. The only way I can watch it. Announcers ruining a good football game. Clearly ESPN is continuing to push their political beliefs on everyone. Just mute.

Last edited:
These announcers have spent almost the entire second quarter stating their political and philosophical opinions and not even calling the game. How is this OK?

I’ve waited 7 months for football so I’m not gonna turn it off. There’s gotta be another way to tell ESPN that this nonsense has to stop.
I turned it off to watch reruns of Big Bang Theory it was so bad.

These announcers have spent almost the entire second quarter stating their political and philosophical opinions and not even calling the game. How is this OK?

I’ve waited 7 months for football so I’m not gonna turn it off. There’s gotta be another way to tell ESPN that this nonsense has to stop.

I turned it off. Literally went on and on

I muted it. The only way I can watch it. Announcers ruing a good football game. Clearly ESPN is continuing to push their political beliefs on everyone. Just mute.
Amen. I just muted it. Also had to listen to on golf Horse racing.

Turn the sound off

It really was nauseating. They were f@@king rambling about mistakenly thinking race relations were fixed because there were no longer “colored” restrooms and that “their generation had failed.”

They were literally flogging themselves on the air.
Yeah, I heard that. He almost broke into a Gundy, "I'm an old man, I'm 50!"

That's when I muted. I love watching CFB, but I've discovered that I don't give one fart about hearing it.

I know that ratings are tracked for the number of viewers. Is there any way they can track how many people have muted their TV so they don't have to listen?

This season I’m going to be going the mute + radio approach for the first time. I hear good things.

Reactions: 71tig
It really was nauseating. They were f@@king rambling about mistakenly thinking race relations were fixed because there were no longer “colored” restrooms and that “their generation had failed.”

They were literally flogging themselves on the air.

This is the point where I turned it off.

smh

Memphis and Ark State should feel disrespected. Very unprofessional of those announcers IMO

I wouldn’t know. I’m watching the game, but I got that crew on mute and I’m listening to a Stones record.

I’m sure at least one of them was something other than that police are victimizing blacks people, right?

Let me just take a wild wild guess. All of you complaining about the commentary are not a member of any of the marginalized segments of the population.

I know many of your “marginalized” people, who to me are just people, who also want to be able to watch sports to enjoy the sports and not have political opinions forced on them

Let me just take a wild wild guess. All of you complaining about the commentary are not a member of any of the marginalized segments of the population.
Here’s a question: when all of corporate America, and most cultural institutions, are compelled to say certain things perceived as helpful for “marginalized segments,” how marginalized are those segments? Couldn’t you argue that actually those segments have more power than people who disagree with whatever line the corporations and political institutions are compelled to push?

Ultimately, though, you can’t judge the validity of opinions based on how “marginalized” the identity of the person saying that opinion is. The current power dynamic illustrates how unstable that identity-based way of thinking is. And “marginalized segments,” especially when defined by racial identity, have diverse opinions. You actually need to talk about whether that opinion is right or wrong.

Last edited:
Every time is see a post about the announcers I chuckle to myself. It doesn't matter what they are talking about, they are worthless.

With all the great coaches on this site, I would think no one needs announcers to tell them what they are looking at anyway.

Watching games on mute is the only way to enjoy football for what it is.

I do enjoy listening to the Clemson radio broad cast a lot.

After watching Herby shedding tears today, he is almost as despicable as Kirby Smart or Ryan Day, in my book.

@Cocks are Number 1 @Little Lebowski Urban Achiever @ChicagoTiger85

I seem to have elicited some deep feelings to get the responses I did from you all. It must be great to have the privilege to have an escape that is sports to distract you from your every day life. The team you claim to care about are made up of individuals that have real life obstacles that are bigger than a game, bigger than being your entertainment as if we are in the 1820s at a Minstrel show instead of 2020. They are more than football players or basketball players or athletes! The purpose of their lives isn’t mutually exclusive. They can run, throw, catch, tackle and don’t have to “just shut up and dribble” as you and other may wish.

Circling back to my original post - not one of you complainers are from a marginalized group. Why do you think that is? I will help you out; it Is definitely not because you love sports more than any other group!

I seem to have elicited some deep feelings to get the responses I did from you all. It must be great to have the privilege to have an escape that is sports to distract you from your every day life. The team you claim to care about are made up of individuals that have real life obstacles that are bigger than a game, bigger than being your entertainment as if we are in the 1820s at a Minstrel show instead of 2020. They are more than football players or basketball players or athletes! The purpose of their lives isn’t mutually exclusive. They can run, throw, catch, tackle and don’t have to “just shut up and dribble” as you and other may wish.

Circling back to my original post - not one of you complainers are from a marginalized group. Why do you think that is? I will help you out; it Is definitely not because you love sports more than any other group!

Deep feelings, no doubt.

I can’t stop thinking about the things you’ve said.

This is, unfortunately, the kind of response people who’ve been immersed in critical race theory can be expected to give- it doesn’t matter what people say, it just matters what race they are. I hope that in the future people calling themselves “anti-racist” won’t be so obsessed with racial identity.

Here's an idea. Let's first work together to overcome the issues without overstating them. If you take just the 42 million or so black people in America they are the 22nd wealthiest nation on Earth. So all this shit we talk about is vastly exaggerated. If we attack these issues from both sides we can make real progress. I am so tired of the false narratives. I want to help but I am not joining the group that says black people are being hunted by police. I can study the data and see how ridiculous that is. We are so damn lost right now. So much stupid and so little reason which is so frustrating to people like me who just want to see the promise of freedom and liberty extended to all who want it.

Here's an idea. Let's first work together to overcome the issues without overstating them. If you take just the 42 million or so black people in America they are the 22nd wealthiest nation on Earth. So all this shit we talk about is vastly exaggerated. If we attack these issues from both sides we can make real progress. I am so tired of the false narratives. I want to help but I am not joining the group that says black people are being hunted by police. I can study the data and see how ridiculous that is. We are so damn lost right now. So much stupid and so little reason which is so frustrating to people like me who just want to see the promise of freedom and liberty extended to all who want it.
Then why does literally every black person have a story about how the police mistreated them? I’m not just talking the people on tv either, literally every single one I’ve asked in my life has one too. Why does every black father have to “give a talk” about how to deal with the police? I know I never got one of those.

You aren’t wrong, I want to live a utopic society too. I don’t get why so many of you are bothered to hear about it. People talking about systematic racism shouldn’t trigger you.

Get woke, go broke. Sports will turn off enough fans eventually that in the end, they’ll kill the golden goose. They’ll have no one to blame but themselves. These fake dramas are just meant to gin up a bogey man to rile up the Democrat base in an election year. It’s not working. Right now Trumps approval rating amongst black folks is more than double what it was for any other Republican POTUS.

ADVERTISEMENT