ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis Arkansas st / I hate ESPN now

@Cocks are Number 1 @Little Lebowski Urban Achiever @ChicagoTiger85

I seem to have elicited some deep feelings to get the responses I did from you all. It must be great to have the privilege to have an escape that is sports to distract you from your every day life. The team you claim to care about are made up of individuals that have real life obstacles that are bigger than a game, bigger than being your entertainment as if we are in the 1820s at a Minstrel show instead of 2020. They are more than football players or basketball players or athletes! The purpose of their lives isn’t mutually exclusive. They can run, throw, catch, tackle and don’t have to “just shut up and dribble” as you and other may wish.

Circling back to my original post - not one of you complainers are from a marginalized group. Why do you think that is? I will help you out; it Is definitely not because you love sports more than any other group!

My Lord.

giphy.gif

It must be great to have the privilege to have an escape that is sports to distract you from your every day life.

That is WHAT WE PAY FOR. WE DO NOT PAY TO LISTEN TO THE PLAYERS POLITICAL OPINIONS. THEY CAN TWEET AND JOIN FORUMS. NOT AT WORK. PAYING CUSTOMERS ARE PAYING TO WATCH THEM PLAY FOOTBALL. THATS IT.

The team you claim to care about are made up of individuals that have real life obstacles that are bigger than a game, bigger than being your entertainment as if we are in the 1820s at a Minstrel show instead of 2020.

WHY DO YOU THINK THEY ARE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO PLAY FOOTBALL TO GET AN EDUCATION SO THEY WOULD BE SMART ENOUGH TO MAKE IT.

They are more than football players or basketball players or athletes! The purpose of their lives isn’t mutually exclusive.

IF THEY DO NOT LIKE ENTERTAINING US WITH THEIR ATHLETIC ABILITIES< THEY CAN QUIT.

They can run, throw, catch, tackle and don’t have to “just shut up and dribble” as you and other may wish.

YES, THATS WHAT WE PAY THEM FOR. JUST LIKE AT WORK. GET BACK TO WORK PHILOSOPHY WHEN YOU ARE ON THE CLOCK.

Circling back to my original post - not one of you complainers are from a marginalized group.

WHY ARE YOU ACTING SO RACIST? WHAT DO YOU EVEN MEAN MARGINALIZED? THAT IS SOOOOOO RACIST. I WANT TO HEAR IT FROM YOUR MOUTH.

Why do you think that is? I will help you out; it Is definitely not because you love sports more than any other group!

here-we-have-our-favourite-Richie-moment-so-far-Never-change-Richie-never-change.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: sa-clemtiger1
Sports have always been entertaining. Sports have been what brought communities together to support local high school; brought ten of thousands of people together to root for a common team, or foe, all who had differing views

That last night was almost whole quarter of being preached to.

For those of us who HATED it, THAT is why. it appears sports will no longer be the escape from all the other things going on.

This is, unfortunately, the kind of response people who’ve been immersed in critical race theory can be expected to give- it doesn’t matter what people say, it just matters what race they are. I hope that in the future people calling themselves “anti-racist” won’t be so obsessed with racial identity.

Sad thing is that you don't realize how ridiculous what you wrote is.

Reactions: ClemsonReign
For the people that think "Black Lives Matter" is a political state it is not, Its about a human life.

I can't bring myself to watching shitty football. Clemson has really spoiled me. Also I don't want to listen to political commentary throughout a game if it's as bad as you guys say it is.

Then why does literally every black person have a story about how the police mistreated them? I’m not just talking the people on tv either, literally every single one I’ve asked in my life has one too. Why does every black father have to “give a talk” about how to deal with the police? I know I never got one of those.

You aren’t wrong, I want to live a utopic society too. I don’t get why so many of you are bothered to hear about it. People talking about systematic racism shouldn’t trigger you.
It wasn't that bad
I've been trying to hold out from saying this but here's a thought, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.
What I mean by this, if you are not a part of the problem then non of the racial issues brought to light should have any effect on you. It should not bother you at all because you don't fit the description right? Stop being so easily triggered if you know you're not racist. Hit dogs will holler

These announcers have spent almost the entire second quarter stating their political and philosophical opinions and not even calling the game. How is this OK?

I’ve waited 7 months for football so I’m not gonna turn it off. There’s gotta be another way to tell ESPN that this nonsense has to stop.
Posters like yourself also get on tiger illustrated and do the same thing.

It wasn't that bad
I've been trying to hold out from saying this but here's a thought, if the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it.
What I mean by this, if you are not a part of the problem then non of the racial issues brought to light should have any effect on you. It should not bother you at all because you don't fit the description right? Stop being so easily triggered if you know you're not racist. Hit dogs will holler

That is a load of crap. Pure crap.

This is very easy. I want separation of sports from political and/or social issues.

That viewpoint makes a person racist?

@Toasted712

"Then why does literally every black person have a story about how the police mistreated them?"

i know alot of white people that have a story about how the police mistreated them.

its hard to argue certain races has many individuals within its "margins" that has issues with following the laws on the books, and following the commands of the police officers.

when white people see a white person behave like we see many black people when they get pulled over or questioned

we are like

tenor.gif

when a black person sees another black person behave like that they seem to think

giphy.gif

the whole race thing is played itself out

That is a load of crap. Pure crap.

This is very easy. I want separation of sports from political and/or social issues.

That viewpoint makes a person racist?
Nah. This is the correct way to say it.

My beef is People here keep screaming separate politics and sports. Social issues aren’t politics. The left and right both agree racism is bad.

I seem to have elicited some deep feelings to get the responses I did from you all. It must be great to have the privilege to have an escape that is sports to distract you from your every day life. The team you claim to care about are made up of individuals that have real life obstacles that are bigger than a game, bigger than being your entertainment as if we are in the 1820s at a Minstrel show instead of 2020. They are more than football players or basketball players or athletes! The purpose of their lives isn’t mutually exclusive. They can run, throw, catch, tackle and don’t have to “just shut up and dribble” as you and other may wish.

Circling back to my original post - not one of you complainers are from a marginalized group. Why do you think that is? I will help you out; it Is definitely not because you love sports more than any other group!
giphy.gif

Nah. This is the correct way to say it.

My beef is People here keep screaming separate politics and sports. Social issues aren’t politics.

you are right

social issues should not be in politics

but thanks to democrats

they make it a focus of their platform

go read the DNC 2020platform and tell me social issues arent politics.

i understand what you are saying but democrats

do not agree

we should be arguing over how much fiber optic cable we going to lay, which bridges we are going to repair first, which highways we are going to triple the lanes

but no'

democrats are focused on social issues

so be it

Last edited:
Reactions: cyclotiger
Then why does literally every black person have a story about how the police mistreated them? I’m not just talking the people on tv either, literally every single one I’ve asked in my life has one too. Why does every black father have to “give a talk” about how to deal with the police? I know I never got one of those.

You aren’t wrong, I want to live a utopic society too. I don’t get why so many of you are bothered to hear about it. People talking about systematic racism shouldn’t trigger you.

please give an example of systematic racism. Btw I’m white and I was told when I was a teenager what to do when I get pulled over. Also I have two white sons and I will have that talk with them when they’re old enough to drive.

Shouldn’t it be common sense though ? So Jacob Blake thought it was okay to fight the police and wield a knife at them because his daddy didn’t prepare him for how to deal with the situation ?

you are right

social issues should not be in politics

but thanks to democrats

they make it a focus of their platform

go read the DNC 2020platform and tell me social issues are politics.

i understand what you are saying but democrats

do not agree

we should be arguing over how much fiber optic cable we going to lay, which bridges we are going to repair first, which highways we are going to triple the lanes

but no'

democrats are focused on social issues

so be it
It's both sides
Can't say it's just 1 sided
I'm sick of both sides

They have to talk about it or there’ll be fired. Being woke is a part of life now for everyone.

not a part of this man’s life. I treat others with dignity, which includes respecting them enough to reason together when we differ. No soft bigotry of low expectations here. Because they are imago dei, not votes to be exploited.

“Woke” = Walking dead blind, deaf malignancy.
no caring friend would let that go un-met in another person they had any respect for.

Lmao
You totally missed it

well then explain it better

you literally said if if bothers you, then you are racist. How is one to take that? Other than exactly what you said?

I want sports. Just sports

I'm sorry that this is such an uncomfortable time for you crackers. Be strong, you'll get through it.

It's both sides
Can't say it's just 1 sided
I'm sick of both sides

the only social issue that republicans are involved with is abortion because its important to conservatives

republicans believe abortion is wrong and its murder, but its a decision between the mother, the father, and the families of those 2 who made the human.

its not a government issue.

but they dont focus on it like democrats do.

it triggers many because “systemic racism” doesn’t exist in the eyes of many. A few bad apples have caused the entire white population to be deemed racists. I mean after all, to be “systemic” that must be true, right? Even Dabo was called a racist because he didn’t say something the way somebody thought he should or he wore a t-shirt somebody didn’t like. The trigger effect here is because this entire rhetoric has gone WAY too far and is also and is also associated with rioting, reverse racism, and complete hypocrisy.

Like others have said, we don’t need the on-going media brainwash and political correctness propaganda during a football game. We are all tired of hearing it and that means many black people as well who don’t buy into every single word (example, Charles Barkley).

Last edited:
Being that this is a sports site I did not intend this to turn this into an argument over any political movement.

I’ve learned that I can easily tune out the pundits during pregame shows and such. It’s sad because gameday used to be a great part of the day, but those days are gone.

However, to me, to be preached to by the woke announcers instead of them calling the game was a new low. To your point, your “marginalized” athletes have worked incredibly hard for their whole lives to be athletes on this stage. I want to hear their stories and hear their names called when they do something great. I don’t want to hear the announcers story and political view instead. To me, that is incredibly disrespectful to your “marginalized” athletes. We are watching out of respect for them not the announcers.

And DW4 just made hundreds of millions of dollars to play a game, so please don’t give me that pathetic argument about using these kids.

Last edited:
it triggers many because “systemic racism” doesn’t exist in the eyes of many. A few bad apples have caused the entire white population to be deemed racists. I mean after all, to be “systemic” that must be true, right? Even Dabo was called a racist because he didn’t say something the way somebody thought he should or he wore a t-shirt somebody didn’t like. The trigger effect here is because this entire rhetoric has gone WAY too far and is also. Ow associates with rioting, reverse racism, and complete hypocrisy.

Like others have said, we don’t need the on-going media brainwash and political correctness propaganda during a football game. We are all tired of hearing it and that means many black people as well who don’t buy into every single word (example, Charles Barkley).

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

@Toasted712

"Then why does literally every black person have a story about how the police mistreated them?"

i know alot of white people that have a story about how the police mistreated them.

its hard to argue certain races has many individuals within its "margins" that has issues with following the laws on the books, and following the commands of the police officers.

when white people see a white person behave like we see many black people when they get pulled over or questioned

we are like

tenor.gif

when a black person sees another black person behave like that they seem to think

giphy.gif

the whole race thing is played itself out

how about teachers??? Anyone ever been mistreated by a teacher? Third grade, finished a test, laid my head on my desk while other kids still testing. Mrs mulligan (real name, cause if she is still alive she’d be 179) sneaks over to my desk and whacks me over the head with a metal ruler. Put a pop knot on my head.

I told my momma and she said “don’t put your head on the desk any more”. Teacher should have been reprimanded and my own mother wasn’t even outraged.

please give an example of systematic racism. Btw I’m white and I was told when I was a teenager what to do when I get pulled over. Also I have two white sons and I will have that talk with them when they’re old enough to drive.

Shouldn’t it be common sense though ? So Jacob Blake thought it was okay to fight the police and wield a knife at them because his daddy didn’t prepare him for how to deal with the situation ?

https://www.usnews.com/news/educati...re-k-12-funding-than-students-of-color-report

One example of systemic racism is the disparity in the educational system. Per this article from USNEWS from a non-partisan organization, Black communities received 23 BILLION less dollars than White communities for public school funding for schools of the same sizes as of last year. Let that sink in and process what that mean. White schools can afford to pay teachers more, meaning hiring better teachers, more and better technology, better school facilities, better programs within schools, and an overall better educational experience for students. There is a direct correlation between better education and a person likelihood of being involved in crime. There is a direct correlation with education and a person’s future income. There is a direct correlation with education and a person’s overall healthcare. The list goes on, but hopefully if you don’t have blinders you can make the connection of the systemic issue.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...t-brandish-knife-kenosha-shooting/5653800002/

Just to correct your misinformation regarding Blake, there is no verification that he brandish a knife other than the propaganda being spewed by far-right media and their followers (Bill Barr’s DOJs don’t count as a credible source]. But, if he had brandish a knife during the confrontation, why did the officer not feel threatened and attempt to murder him while Blake walked around the car? The one and only officer that felt threatened wasn’t so scared for his life until Blake open his car door and turned his back only to receive 7 bullets in the back.

I also had that talk with each of my girls when they started driving. I told them to be respectful, say yes sir or ma'am, and always pull over in a safe place away from traffic. Funny, I never thought of telling them to not run, not try and steal their taser, disobey orders, or physically assault an officer because it may subject them to an officer having to defend themselves or yes, even result in an officer using poor judgement that ultimately could harm my daughters.. It just never occurred to me.

The "marginalized" athletes you mentioned are living the good life on campus...they get the best of everything college life has to offer...all for free...
Those "marginalized" people are living a life most of us can only dream of ...but please continue to tell us how bad they have it.

The reason black fathers have to give a talk is bc the majority of the black community is psychologically enslaved by the left. The left's plan is simply to make black America dependent on them...& make everyone else out to be threat. It has worked for decades although some black people are beginning to see through the facade. I'm not saying the relationship between cops & black people has always been great...but today it's fine. The left doesn't want you to believe that though so they exploit videos you see every so many months & pretend that it happens daily...which simply isn't true. Sometimes shit happens. It happens with white people too...but no one cares about that.
And just remember, it's not like cops are ever welcomed with open arms in black communities...it's a stressful environment for them as well bc after all, they are human. It's a two way street.

how about teachers??? Anyone ever been mistreated by a teacher? Third grade, finished a test, laid my head on my desk while other kids still testing. Mrs mulligan (real name, cause if she is still alive she’d be 179) sneaks over to my desk and whacks me over the head with a metal ruler. Put a pop knot on my head.

I told my momma and she said “don’t put your head on the desk any more”. Teacher should have been reprimanded and my own mother wasn’t even outraged.
People abuse their authority all the time, I have a childhood of stories of being mistreated by teachers, I am white, so we're they. My wife is black so our kids are mixed. My 10 year old son comes home with the same stories almost identical to what I went through and my wife believes it's because of his race. I tell her the same crap happened to me and I aint black, not everything has to do with race.
I've had a couple of instances with police where I said if I were black I would think they were racist by the way they carried on. And I've had a couple where I thought good thing I'm not or that could have been different.
I know I'm kind of back and forth because anyone would be a fool if the didn't acknowledge that some of the incidents are likely due to race, but at the same time black people need to take responsibility and stop screaming it's about race when clearly the criminal got what he was asking for.

ADVERTISEMENT