ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Sam

G-Man!!!

The Milwaukee Deep
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2011
North Augusta SC, Edgefield County
Who am I to judge, "HOWEVER" that junk was over the top when I was watching ESPN this morning only to see them (ESPN) give about 3-4 minutes of air time to show Michael Sam and his boy lover wiping whipped cream all over each others face and licking it off one another all while crying like two b!tcheeezzzzzz when MS was finally drafted.

In a day and time when a few people fuss about prayer in school and have it removed because it offends a few, how about having to watch two grown men doing all that on T.V.
tired.r191677.gif
I feel like my rights were "violated".

I agree. ESPN used Sam yesterday to push buttons for reaction. I am in no way the person to judge anyone. Hell I have done plenty wrong in my life. I honestly do not care what Sam or any other homosexual does in their private life. It is not my business. But ESPN sure tried like hell to make it my business.

I would have never seen any of this except for the mouth breathers on TI. Maybe you should worry more about your kids education.

Apparently you think you are worthy to judge even though your religion says that you aren't.

Tiger dutch,I do worry about my grandchildrens' education. It worries the hell outta me that prayer is removed from the schools,and this gay lifestyle is highlighted for all to see. Hell,you would have thought Sam was the only player drafted yesterday. The liberal media and clown in the White House are leading us to the lowest point in history,and too many of you are too blinded to see it coming.

I went from pulling for Sam to get drafted and the goose bumps you get from a feel good story to completely turned off by the story once the cake scene started. I don't care if it was a man and woman, it was just weird and uncomfortable.

Lol if you think ESPN is all about sports. They want ratings and you helped them out by not changing the channel.

Should have watched nfl network instead where they talked more about football instead of his sexuality.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by tigerincharlotte:
Careful G-Man you're about to get hate from all the TI posters that are in the closet.

Again, guy pissed that his college is no longer all male, but is friends with Nancy Mace.

Originally posted by TigerDutch:

Careful G-Man you're about to get hate from all the TI posters that are in the closet.

Again, guy pissed that his college is no longer all male, but is friends with Nancy Mace.
Sorry I don't get off on 2 guys kissing, sorry you do actually.

You are so wrong on this assertion. The Bible clearly defines what is right and wrong. As a Christian, I do not judge the sentence but I can stand up to say his lifestyle is wrong.. He is a free man to make his choices but I am also free to not want it shoved in my face.

Originally posted by OrangeRegalia:
Apparently you think you are worthy to judge even though your religion says that you aren't.
Not judging, and who are you to tell me what my religion says. I believe we are expected to make the right choices in our lives, and those choices have consequences. You may call it "judging" I choose to call it a choice of what is right or wrong, and that sh!t is WRONG.........

The NFL Network is awesome.It blows ESPN away. Mayock is awesome. He basically told Eisen that we all need to get away from Same the gay football player and stick to Sam the football player.

Originally posted by aembry05:
Tiger dutch,I do worry about my grandchildrens' education. It worries the hell outta me that prayer is removed from the schools,and this gay lifestyle is highlighted for all to see. Hell,you would have thought Sam was the only player drafted yesterday. The liberal media and clown in the White House are leading us to the lowest point in history,and too many of you are too blinded to see it coming.

Hey embry board, G-man should worry about his kids education since he posted how Obama ordered the flag lowered for Whitney Houston but not that soilder in Texas. Nice freak out until he had to be educated that it was the states respective governors who ordered, or not ordered, the flags lowered.

But, worry if Tucker & Jane are praying while kids in China & India learn math & science....so nice.

You guys worry me worrying about s$it that does not matter.

I can't wait to read all of the gems that this thread is surely to produce.

had it been Clowney or Manziel doing that with their girlfriends, the boards would have been talking trash about them and ESPN's coverage, too. And, nobody would be calling the complainers rednecks, mouthbreathers, etc. More then likely, there would be an almost unanimous agreement that it was gross, over the top, and unnecessary.

Everybody is entitled to be treated with respect, as long as they do the same. The young man should be free to pursue what makes him happy. Some of the bashing is going a little far. Some of the selective outrage from the enlightened crowd is getting a little laughable.

Originally posted by armoloyse:
Tigerdutch it worries the hell out of me that people think the way you do

Really? That I care that kids learn skills that will make them a productive member of society or just pray? I knew some people who put their prayer ahead of actual living like a true Christian. Some of them raped their kids. I worry about those who preach and fail to live by example. Sad to see so many people that live this way. But, please, make fun of me and not the guy too stupid to know and then post rants.

I could care less if Michael Sam is gay. But speaking of my kids education...I don't want them to watch tv and think that's ok.

I am glad you brought up this point. I can honestly say that I have never seen another drafted player in any sports league ( of which I have witnessed the draft) display this much affection to their significant other. Really think about it. When was the last time a newly drafted player kissed that closely of embraced their significant other that much? It was over the top. Also, if he has any concern about integrating into his new locker room, the PDA with his boyfriend didn't help the situation at all.

RJDent, I said the exact same thing. TigerDutch would've been disappointed had they left out the cake licking. I guess ESPN can't please us all.

I have plenty of friends that are gay and I respect the lifestyle they lead. I don't condone it or necessarily agree with it, but I respect it. What I don't like is when ESPN, the media and liberals tell me that I HAVE to accept it and I am wrong for not doing so.
I can promise you that ESPN was setting it up yesterday to make this into a huge deal if he didn't get drafted. All you would have heard is how him being gay kept him out of the league. They wouldn't have mentioned that he ran a bad 40 time or is barely over six feet tall or that he had only huge season in college. It almost seemed like they were hoping he didn't get drafted so they could make it into big news.
The scene of him and his boyfriend was over the top. And yes, I know I have the right to "just turn the channel" but I also have the right to disagree with what I saw yesterday.

Yes a Christian has the right to judge. We can judge behavior, but not a persons heart.

if I see you shoot someone I can judge you as a murderer. If I see you you slap your wife, I can judge you as an abuser.

if I see you lick a mans face...we'll you get the picture

Originally posted by blizzard:

Yes a Christian has the right to judge. We can judge behavior, but not a persons heart.

if I see you shoot someone I can judge you as a murderer. If I see you you slap your wife, I can judge you as an abuser.

Did he really lick his face on national TV???? I was watching the NFL Network.

Originally posted by G-Man!!!:

Originally posted by pharmdtiger:
Who cares? Turn the tv off if it bothers you.
I care, I shouldn't have to turn the tv off. Who knew espn (a sports channel) was was going homo on us.
hahahahaha, do you have some inalienable right to watch tv?

oh man, some of you guys spend a bit too much time worrying about gay people.

heres a present for ya.

kissing1.jpg

I'm not watching espn draft anymore.
You can't serve God and be friends with a corrupt world .

Originally posted by Earle36:
I'm not watching espn draft anymore.
You can't serve God and be friends with a corrupt world .
Or you could serve God by being less judgmental of others and working on your own sins instead? That would actually be following the teachings of Jesus, instead of being sinfully prideful by acting like you're some kind of beacon of righteousness in a sea of corruption.

RJDent, I said the exact same thing. TigerDutch would've been disappointed had they left out the cake licking. I guess ESPN can't please us all.

Never saw the cake licking, but, apparently, you did. Good job sir!! (excuse the pun, no not really). You have made me laugh today!!!

Originally posted by blizzard:

Did you really just use an analogy of a murderer and a child abuser and compare them to a man licking another man's face?

Yes, I do get the picture you are trying to paint. Very clearly in fact.

This post was edited on 5/11 11:46 AM by saber8689

This post was edited on 5/11 11:46 AM by saber8689

G-Man I couldn't agree with you more. That was ridiculous. The NFL, ESPN and the St. Louis Rams should be embarrassed by the way M.S & his boy toy were acting. I accept people for who they are and what they believe in, however, there is no reason for them to turn around and act like two little 8 yr old lesbian school girls. Embarrassing for everyone involved.

Originally posted by Howard's Jock:
Tigerincharlotte...because I wasn't overly shocked or offended by two dudes kissing each other, that means I get off on it? That makes sense.
No, I was referring to Tiger Dutch.. He's the one carrying the gay torch today.

Originally posted by Howard's Jock:
Tigerincharlotte...because I wasn't overly shocked or offended by two dudes kissing each other, that means I get off on it? That makes sense.
No, I was referring to Tiger Dutch.. He's the one carrying the gay torch today.

Another dumba$$ post by charollotan. Guess I should buy my lovely and beautiful mom some nice flowers and wish her a happy Mothers Day. Guess that makes me gay.

And, you're the one that watched the cake licking video; me thinks you're the gay here. I'm not the guy starting threads about it...think..

So, I'm a gay guy, former athlete. I think I have a fairly valid perspective
My thoughts?
It was pretty messed up, what Sam and his paramour were doing on TV. I never had, nor did any teammate have a problem with my being gay, probably because it never mattered to me and I wasn't riding that for notoriety. However, if you want to get taken seriously and carry the torch, don't make an embarrassment of yourself (and that's what it is, an embarrassment) by plastering your partner with food and licking it off each other. Besides being gross to begin with, it just reinforces shitty stereotypes and makes you seem childish.

Bad move for Sam. Really overdone. Have some self respect and quit allowing yourself to be sold as the gay athlete and earn some respect by showin people you're damn good at your craft.

For the record, I'm really over the Sam garbage. Robbie Rogers didn't go on tv and smear vegetable oil on himself when LA galaxy picked him up. So I'm not sure wtf Michael Sam is doing other than being slightly embarrassing.

I agree with OP. I really don't care what his lifestyle is. I do have a problem with it being pushed on everyone else. Bad that the same people that don't like religious, political discussions on this board because it is a "sports board" are now ok with ESPN pushing this (what should be an irrelevant topic) in peoples faces

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT