ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee Bucks boycott game 5 due to Wisconsin shooting

Orlando was on the court. Once they were informed of the Bucks forfeit they held a team vote and declined the forfeit

my guess is NBA, if they even continue the playoffs, will reschedule

I have a hunch the playoffs are done and players will begin leaving the bubble quickly

Orlando was on the court. Once they were informed of the Bucks forfeit they held a team vote and declined the forfeit

I have a hunch the playoffs are done and players will begin leaving the bubble quickly
Informed hunch?

Guarantee they wouldn't forfeit if the series was tied 2-2 or this was the conference finals or NBA finals. I wish NBA would tell them suit up and play or you lose the series. I bet they would be running to hit the hardwood.

same here

suspend the whole team

Yes I am concerned about the shooting

that said we have a system of justice to handle problems

anarchy and rioting along with being disruptive instead of constructive does not make a better country

Thank you, Tommy. Tell me, do you actually enjoy watching NBA hoops or are you in it for the gambling aspect?

Free country - they can do what they want and I support doing that. Do they have an objective or is just PR aka sign of solidarity? Why only boycott one game? If you really want change do something drastic just stop playing altogether until (insert objective) occurs. Goals should be defined and measurable.

Reactions: gcsoccer16
Thank you, Tommy. Tell me, do you actually enjoy watching NBA hoops or are you in it for the gambling aspect?

I love sports. I love playing hoops. I love college hoops, but don’t really watch NBA much, nor invest in it much.

I have watched some of the playoff games because they are on while I am at my desk working. But typically don’t watch much anymore.

I grew up watching the Showtime Lakers, Bird/Magic, then MJ, Badboys etc etc. Mostly the way game has changed is not as appealing.

(by the way - historically was awful at NBA investing, thus the reason for not doing it much now)

The NBA should just make them forfeit the game. If they do that, then I will admire their stance (even if I don't agree with it) because they will have actually sacrificed something meaningful for their beliefs. If the NBA simply reschedules the game, then what was purpose?

And the team or the league or both should fine them all. Start upping the fine and handing down suspensions for additional "walkouts" and then start looking into when it becomes a breach of contract.

Sounds like the other NBA games have been cancelled tonight

Orlando refuses to accept the Bucks forfeit

This is a mess
It was setup that way to make the Bucks look like they were "protesting" & then the Magic would come back & say they refuse the forfeit so that both sides look "nobel"...

They will play the game...they always were gonna play it. This is all for show...

The NBA doing stupid shit...what else is new?

It was setup that way to make the Bucks look like they were "protesting" & then the Magic would come back & say they refuse the forfeit so that both sides look "nobel"...

Listen, the NBA had nothing to do with this

Reports were that NBA officials were standing outside locker room trying to mitigate the issue.

Mostly trying to read the tea leaves of some of the tweets coming out

I think players are ready to walk from the bubble. Think that would be the reason - not the NBA forcing the issue

Could be completely wrong. Just “feels” that is way we are headed

i get the sense they really are not happy with the bubble concept. I.E. The squeeze ain't worth the juice.

The Brewers are holding a team meeting as I type this to discuss if they are playing vs Reds tonight

NBA is holding a meeting tonight at 8:00 with players to discuss path forward for playoffs (play or not)

And there it is:

Brewers boycott game vs Reds tonight

again - this is a mess

Listen, the NBA had nothing to do with this

Reports were that NBA officials were standing outside locker room trying to mitigate the issue.
C'mon man...think about it.
The Bucks "take a stand" for that POS that got shot the other day (yes, he is a POS)...
The Magic then decide that what the Bucks are doing is "nobel" & vote against the forfeit bc they "agree" with what they are doing & dont wanna win via forfeit given the circumstances...
The NBA then reschedules the game...

It's all a bullshit setup...plain & simple.

tenor.gif

White guy did it and pushed the cop back and he didn’t get shot. If you’re white you can get away with it

This week I think some black guy in protest needs t
I think it's great that they are all boycotting. They should do it forever.

I am in agreement that due to a history of injustice against the oppressed people of China the NBA should cancel the season and the league

oh but then they don’t get their slave and blood money revenues to live their lavish lifestyle

and do nothing for the people on the lower side of the ladder

Reactions: Pvilletigerfan
You know how much these 20-30 year old dudes in the prime of their life miss getting messed up and having sex? Hell I would do whatever it took to get out of that bubble too, even if I didn’t care too much for the social justice cause

The media always shows a small portion of the videos and leaves out a lot of VERY important information. They let the public see what they want them to see. The media is creating a hatred for law enforcement in this country and it makes me sick to my stomach.
Time to introduce a law that holds the media accountable for inciting violence.

More than likely already a law that could apply, but pass a new one explicitly focusing on the media and include social media so that it sticks.

It sucks to have to legislate what should be acceptable behavior that is held accountable by the citizenship, but communications technology has advanced to the point that new rules around speech MUST be enacted.

There is a LOT of disruptive tech in queue that will require the same. Time to start addressing the technological changes and thier impact on society. The Founder’s of this Country understood these challenges.

Last edited:
Reactions: Essolover4
The Brewers and Reds have cancelled their game tonight. Even America’s pastime agrees with the dumb liberal NBA. How do y’all feel about that?

Reactions: deshaunwatson4

They will play the game...they always were gonna play it. This is all for show...

China just called told all point blank get their rears on court and play to much money from CCP Billionaires at stake!

In for the shitty takes and conspiracies.

(I do agree that there should be a plan from the bucks about what steps forward they could take and what goals they are looking to have reached. Doing this on a whim isn't the right way to go about this. Maybe they do have a plan but it doesn't seem like it just yet.)

Don’t watch the NBA, but would think it hilarious if team A declines forfeit and then loses the series

Reactions: BigTimeTiger
Also for those interested, look into what happened with Sterling Brown who is a member of the Bucks.

I don’t think they should boycott, but as I’ve suggested, all you talking crazy better know you got a CFB season coming. Give these guys some respect.

Reactions: DecemberGrad
I can see you arent here for reasonable conversation. Take care.

Sure I am. Just because I probably won't agree with you doesn't mean that I'm not reasonable.

I really think he should boycott his job if it makes him feel better. Doesn't impact me in any way. I think the NBA sucks and I haven't watched a game in years.

I was listening to Ben Shapiro yesterday. According to him the suspect had active warrants for criminal sexual conduct with a minor. He had kids in the car. They had already tased the suspect and struggled with him (supposedly he threw the officers off). Then he reaches in the car. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

This isnt true. He had an active warrants for an incident with his ex girlfriend, nothing to do with a minor. This is just another example of right wing media sensationalizing a story and publishing false information. Am I doing it right?

Reactions: DecemberGrad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT