ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee Bucks boycott game 5 due to Wisconsin shooting

I would hope the goal is to bring about awareness about civil unrest and the collective issues at hand. If that’s their peaceful action, and that is the goal, then great. If it’s solely about Jacob Blake then I think the point is being missed.

We should find a way in society that Jacob Blake isn’t shot. We should also find a way to ensure a cop doing his job doesn’t get a brick to the head. We should also find a way that a non law enforcement citizen stops using a long gun to kill protesters.

All are extremely disturbing. Coming together and realizing the insanity of all of it would be a nice start.

Lol what? First off why is that fake news. Secondly I made no assumptions. However since you bring it up sex offenders should not be around juveniles. That is why they articulate that in a judges bond orders. The facts are the suspect was a wanted felon. He violently resisted arrest and had already been tased. He had fought with law enforcement and was not only ignoring the officers lawful commands, he was actively and violently resisting. He reached into the car. I don’t have any further details. However the media and sleepy joe Biden have already tried and “convicted “ these officers before all the facts are out or the investigation complete. This is why we have due process. This is why we have a judicial system. I hope the investigation reveals the officers acted per their agencies policies and they are fully acquitted. If not then due process will take care of the officers and they will pay a mighty price. I guess your answer is to riot and spread hatred.

you are spreading fake news, stop.

Not great for football either.....there will be some trickle down from this. Man we are so close to starting, yet probably so far away.

I hope those racist crackers had enough sense to plant a gun in the car. If not, be sure to bring some lube with you to prison. The days of shooting unarmed people in the back are over.
Confirmed very low iq. I’m assuming you relate to these criminal clowns that are eating bullets because they are literally too stupid to simply comply and not put the officer in a position to have to shoot them to assure his own safety. So even though someone yelled for him to “get his gun” it’s your contention that any weapon will have been planted? Just so you know none of those officers will serve any time, none. If they get fired they will sue and get a huge pay day. This was a shining example of how to get shot. I guess we should be glad he wasn’t abusing the wife and kids like he had done in the past.

don’t know. I can only comment on what is factual I terms of public record, e.g. outstanding warrants. What happened on those moments leading up to the shooting will be for the court to decide. Again, I don’t peddle fake news. Any more questions?

You just peddle fake narratives.

Post all you can, while you can... tick, tock...

You agree that Blake should be allowed to resist the cops, ignore their instructions, get into the drivers side of the car and just basically act as though law enforcement has no authority? Just him or him and all black men? All black people? All people? Total anarchy? A lawless society? You think this would be good for you? You think at all?

I believe in laws. Consequences. I also recognize that individuals tend to escalate situations by not complying. I also believe that taking someone's life is the ultimate last resort for law enforcement and only when their life is in imminent danger. Shooting someone in the back 7 times does not come close to any of that. If he comes out of the car with a gun, then by all means protect yourself. Just not a good look. It wreaks of overreach by trigger happy, power tripping enforcement. And I support the blue. They are a necessity in our society. Just have to do better.....as do these perps who escalate situations with non-compliance.

Not the foremost authority, I was just able to take two minutes to google what the outstanding warrants were against the man that was shot. See, I don’t mindlessly listen to talking heads on TV and believe everything they say. I think for myself, you should try it.

and please show me where i peddled fake news. You can’t by the way, probably best that you move along.

Not quite sure how you’re able to “think for yourself” so often... Donald occupies 100% of that space, rent free.

Tick, tock...

Just going to sit back watch what the boards thoughts are on this one.

Idiots at best. Why don't they protest all of the black on black killings and crime in just about every city in America? Not that I care, I don't watch the boring NBA. Furthermore, if the NFL players kneel during the National Anthem, they are off. Franky, I won't miss them much either.

Reactions: Essolover4
Have watched or recorded every single NBA game this “new” season. I’m done. No more.

Same....I've purchased League Pass for years. I love watching NBA basketball. I was willing to stomach the Black Lives Matter bullshit and other social justice initiatives they're pushing but this is the final straw for me. I'll consider tuning back in once it's all over.

I hope those racist crackers had enough sense to plant a gun in the car. If not, be sure to bring some lube with you to prison. The days of shooting unarmed people in the back are over.

Could we lay off using the term 'cracker'? Just asking politely, no harm or malice or Wachovia Tough guy. I get it man I do, but this doesn't help much.

Confirmed very low iq. I’m assuming you relate to these criminal clowns that are eating bullets because they are literally too stupid to simply comply and not put the officer in a position to have to shoot them to assure his own safety. So even though someone yelled for him to “get his gun” it’s your contention that any weapon will have been planted? Just so you know none of those officers will serve any time, none. If they get fired they will sue and get a huge pay day. This was a shining example of how to get shot. I guess we should be glad he wasn’t abusing the wife and kids like he had done in the past.
My intelligence is well documented on this board. Those cops are heading to the clink. Lube up

Didn’t know the NBA still plays. Hopes they know most people don’t give a rat’s a**
I have not seen a NBA game in at least 3 years. I watched like 2 innings of the World Series a couple of years ago and I even tried out for the 1996 Olympic Baseball team. I have watched the last 10 minutes of a NASCAR race, but I would rather watch WWE, Women's College Softball, or World Series of Poker - nah, I can't watch those either. Give me a good soccer match (thank you baby Jesus for postponing the ATL game tonight until I can see my therapist). I will camp out this football season, but refuse to watch (no more than 560 minutes) of Spring football if it happens.

Could we lay off using the term 'cracker'? Just asking politely, no harm or malice or Wachovia Tough guy. I get it man I do, but this doesn't help much.
It's just more efficient than calling most of you on this board trailor park racist rednecks.

Not quite sure how you’re able to “think for yourself” so often... Donald occupies 100% of that space, rent free.

Tick, tock...

What are you going to do when you can’t come on this site and post 100 times a day and post about president Biden?

I pray for your family. You are such an angry twat.

So these NBA players (and some MLB players and other athletes) decide to boycott playing to draw attention to something that they feel strongly about. They didnt riot, they didnt tear anything up, they just boycotted playing games to express their opinions. I just dont see how that makes some of you so angry. And you guys with your "theres a civil war coming" and "the media are the enemy and need to be punished" and your thinly veiled racist comments need to take a deep breath.

And just to be clear, I'm not in any way saying that anything the police did was wrong (or right, we just dont know the full story yet). But I agree with someone else in this thread that said we have to find a way where this story doesnt end with this guy getting shot. And do it without putting police in jeopardy of being hurt or killed. There is absolutely a middle ground.

And yet, more white people are shot by police than black people. Never mind, carry on.

also, let’s talk about the fact that the white nationalist Trump fanboy who had just murdered 2 people walked right by a few cops with an assault rifle in his hand and they did nothing,

but a black man who had committed no crime got shot in the back 7 times.

Reactions: DecemberGrad
So these NBA players (and some MLB players and other athletes) decide to boycott playing to draw attention to something that they feel strongly about. They didnt riot, they didnt tear anything up, they just boycotted playing games to express their opinions. I just dont see how that makes some of you so angry. And you guys with your "theres a civil war coming" and "the media are the enemy and need to be punished" and your thinly veiled racist comments need to take a deep breath.

And just to be clear, I'm not in any way saying that anything the police did was wrong (or right, we just dont know the full story yet). But I agree with someone else in this thread that said we have to find a way where this story doesnt end with this guy getting shot. And do it without putting police in jeopardy of being hurt or killed. There is absolutely a middle ground.

“we have to find a way where this story doesnt end with this guy getting shot.”

The first step is to NOT resist arrest. I’ve been pulled over at least 8-10 times. (Have a lead foot) When the officers requested something I simply did it. No questions asked. They did there job and I moved on, typically calling a traffic attorney the next day. Lol

One Saturday night I was pulled over and given a test to see if I had been drinking. Problem is, I don’t drink. Did I care when he asked to do the test? No.....simply complied and we both went about our business.

So it starts at home, let’s teach our kids to be respectful of the officers and almost all of this would go away. Unfortunately, that’s NOT what a lot of kids are being taught.

Here's my question for you. They tried to arrest him and he resisted. They tried to tackle him and he fought his way out of it. According to the department of Justice in Wisconsin they tased him and it was ineffective. He then proceeded to his car to get a weapon which he had already disclosed that he had there. What else were they supposed to do?

At that point didn't Jacob Blake get himself shot? Further, how is any of this racial Injustice? If I get arrested today and I do all those things I'm going to get shot as well.

College guys would likely follow their lead.

Why is that a problem? Pull their scholarships and play with whomever is left. Give the opportunity of a free education to players who appreciate it more the next year.

Reactions: Extender
Why is that a problem? Pull their scholarships and play with whomever is left. Give the opportunity of a free education to players who appreciate it more the next year.
You rather do that than listen and understand why so many people are boycotting their games?

Weird flex is weird

1) So Jacob Blake was the reason that the officers were there. His ex-girlfriend (the one he assaulted) called 911 because he refused to leave (I'm guessing there was a protective order)

2) He fought the officers and was tased. Either it had no affect or it didn't work.

3) He admitted to having a knife. Unclear if he had it on him or was in the car. Unable to be determined since the knife was found in the floorboard of the van.

4) Someone, either Jacob Blake, or one of the folks in the crowd advancing on the cops can be heard saying something to the effect of "get the gun."

So athletes are willing to make a martyr out of someone who assaults women, threatens cops with a knife, and had already fought off a taser. Doesn't sound like a hill you want to stake your career on, but you be you....

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...nutes-after-arrival-audio-reveals/5628076002/

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...ob-blakes-shooting-by-kenosha-police/2329213/

Even the one that shot the video admitted that he didn't start filming until after the initial tries by police to arrest Blake. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53909766

Weird flex is weird

1) So Jacob Blake was the reason that the officers were there. His ex-girlfriend (the one he assaulted) called 911 because he refused to leave (I'm guessing there was a protective order)

2) He fought the officers and was tased. Either it had no affect or it didn't work.

3) He admitted to having a knife. Unclear if he had it on him or was in the car. Unable to be determined since the knife was found in the floorboard of the van.

4) Someone, either Jacob Blake, or one of the folks in the crowd advancing on the cops can be heard saying something to the effect of "get the gun."

So athletes are willing to make a martyr out of someone who assaults women, threatens cops with a knife, and had already fought off a taser. Doesn't sound like a hill you want to stake your career on, but you be you....

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news...nutes-after-arrival-audio-reveals/5628076002/

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loc...ob-blakes-shooting-by-kenosha-police/2329213/

Even the one that shot the video admitted that he didn't start filming until after the initial tries by police to arrest Blake. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53909766
Gotta ask, how shitty are those cops to let the situation escalate to the point where they feel the only way to control is to shoot him? Also can they not call for more backup if TWO trained officers are struggling with ONE man? These guys are paid by our tax dollars and can't handle one man who has what seems is a knife in his car. Not on him.

Another thing too is that the Kenosha police department was approved to have body cams in 2017. Yet they have dragged their feet for multiple reasons and haven't implemented them. Their negligence has now caused a situation where all we see is a man get shot at 7 times with his back turned. Luckily he is alive, otherwise we would be left to just the officers "telling it like it is".

You rather do that than listen and understand why so many people are boycotting their games?

I'm not talking about the selfish, spoiled NBA players. I was commenting on the concept of college player boycotting games.

I didn't say, "don't listen". I also didn't say, "don't understand".

Where did you get all that from what I said?

I'd listen to them. Empathize with them. Then discipline them if they chose to not honor the commitment that they made to play in return for all the benefits that they receive... be that one person or the whole team.

They are totally free to choose their actions and know that there will be consequences.

That's called teaching. Having a moral backbone.

Of course that wouldn't mean pulling scholarships immediately, but rather following established discipline protocols.

Note: Maybe I could be convinced to let them boycott a game without discipline, however I would still play with whomever is left and they would not start the next game. But that would really be a stretch for me, to be honest.

Reactions: Extender
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT