ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Potato RIP

Many toymakers have been updating their classic brands in recent years, hoping to relate to kids today and to reflect more modern families.

“It’s a potato,” said Ali Mierzejewski, editor in chief at toy review site The Toy Insider. “But kids like to see themselves in the toys they are playing with.”

If your kid is of the age where he plays with Mr Potato and he has gender issues already, then you as a parent need your ass kicked.

"doesn't fit with the modern family"

Dang, maybe instead of focusing of bowing down to the screwed up "family" of today, let's focus on revitalizing "family" and make it OK to be a Mom and a Dad and a couple of kids or so. Go ahead and shoot me, but the destruction of the American "family" is behind a lot of our problems today.

Last edited:
I am glad we were on the forefront of these issues when we band the balloons prior to kick off. The loggerhead turtle population has exploded on our coast.

• Haha
Reactions: Flat Rock`s Finest
I was told just the other day to use “partners” or “teams” when addressing my work team because I had/have a habit of saying “guys” and apparently it’s not inclusive...... I was more annoyed more than anything but whatever.

Changing Mr. Potatoe’s name though ... that’s a bit far imo. I doubt many people were complaining about his name. Wow

I was told just the other day to use “partners” or “teams” when addressing my work team because I had/have a habit of saying “guys” and apparently it’s not inclusive...... I was more annoyed more than anything but whatever.

Changing Mr. Potatoe’s name though ... that’s a bit far imo. I doubt many people were complaining about his name. Wow
Probably had 6 people complaining. Yelling loudly. That’s woke.

My dad, 77 years old, and I were talking with a high school buddy of his recently (well I was mostly listening as I was taught).

My dad's friend said basically this: "You know what Ted, we were raised and lived the majority or our lives in the best of times, and we are going to die in the worst of times."

Made me think, what would have been like to have been a kid of the 50/60's, young adult to middle aged in the 70/80/90's and then see what we are seeing now. Pretty damn sad.

The thought of what my school aged children will endure is even sadder.

My dad, 77 years old, and I were talking with a high school buddy of his recently (well I was mostly listening as I was taught).

My dad's friend said basically this: "You know what Ted, we were raised and lived the majority or our lives in the best of times, and we are going to die in the worst of times."

Made me think, what would have been like to have been a kid of the 50/60's, young adult to middle aged in the 70/80/90's and then see what we are seeing now. Pretty damn sad.

I am one of those people. And the word you said is very appropriate: SAD. I can not believe what children see, hear, and learn these days. - Mrs. Shove

I have no words. So...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Hmm... Im not such a doom and gloomer. I think stuff like this is really non sense of course and should be treated as non sense. The world now has its faults and so did the world back then. If I'm 70 years old, I don't have youthful optimism to help shape my worldview... Its good to try to be objective and objectively if you were to rate happiness, outside this dumb pandemic's damage, then we've had our quality of life steadily improve.
Old people complain, its what they do. Young people think everything is forever and have optimism ,its what they do. Almost like, its how nature intended.

I am one of those people. And the word you said is very appropriate: SAD. I can not believe what children see, hear, and learn these days. - Mrs. Shove
It's ridiculous. Just last night, I saw an ad on TV that made me cringe and declare, "I'm so glad my dad is not around to see this crap. "
Now, mind you, I loved my father more than anything, and dearly wish I could hang out with him again, but I would not want him to see the BS on television now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: HumasButthole
The Chinese and Russians are going to come over and curb stomp us one day, our newer generations are so busy figuring how to make gender neutral babies they won’t know what hit them. The greatest generation vs these newbies in a field would be like Bama vs Charleston Southern.
Imagine caring this much about a plastic potato

Reactions: CoffeeIsForClosers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT