ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts on Yesterday's Events

88bluegrasstiger

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Feb 14, 2008
Bardstown, KY
1) EO
I was excited when we landed this kid in '13. Normally after a redshirt, your better players will normally contribute more than 16 snaps. Maybe, he was a little overrated against probably lesser competition in high school and he has not really developed since his arrival. He seemed to be in Dabo's doghouse (maybe a lack of work ethic, etc) and yesterday's news was the last draw. I don't think he would have ever been a huge contributor at Clemson. Anyways, our DE depth took a hit but it frees up a scholly.

2) EG
Very erratic player during his time with the Golden Domers. Lights out in '12, lost his job in '13 for several reasons, regained his job last year until he literally fumbled it away at the end. He now shows up at FSU which basically has no QB. They are a better team now especially if he gets his head on straight. If he struggles passing, he still runs the ball better than Maguire. This game just got a little tighter.

(3) CY
All signs pointed to Stanford until last week when our coaching staff went in and evened it up. But with both his parents being Ivy-League educated, Stanford's academics were too large to overcome. IMO, the worst news of the day. Hopefully, we land Simpson, Boudreaux and Fries (Fries may be hardest pull of these three). If not, maybe two of the three and Mathews or someone new.

Thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.