ADVERTISEMENT

NBA/ L James......act getting old

You cannot resist arrest. The legal system will determine whether the arrest was lawful or not afterwards. Resisting arrest puts anyone in the danger of getting killed. Thats it...its simple.

The law says that you can, it’s a right, just as it is someone’s right to bear arms, etc. You can just pick and choose which rights are important.

Atlanta.....do not totally agree.....the officers had his car and drivers license,etc. Let him go and go to his residence later and arrest him before you shoot him while he is running away.

Minnesota.......no way you can defend the officers action....had
two other cops holding his lower body down and was handcuffed.....absolutely no reason to put your foot on his throat

You have to look at both sides of it but bottom line is if they do not resist arrest and remain unarmed they will not get shot.
But have not heard anybody promoting BLM say this. Also no one will address blacks killing blacks in relation to deaths of blacks. It is a political no no.

We will have to agree to disagree here. The Minnesota cop was charged with murder 1 and is going to have a very strong chance of being exonerated based on new evidence thats already been shown.

Atlanta. Disagree....this man violently resisted arrest. We are not living in Mayberry. This cop was overcharged also and it will make an easier exoneration.

Im for law order and justice. I am with the Blue.

No one ever said it hasnt happened. Thats what we have a justice system for. Its not for these social justice warriors and rioters to make proclamations, burn stuff down, loot, and pillage. Its for the justice system to handle.

Its funny how these nba players decided to play real fast when it was mentioned that they would not get paid...come on guys...show us your convictions.

Reactions: nsp1996
The issue with your statements is that you ignore the fact in each of those situations the officers either killed or attempted to kill the “suspect.” There was absolutely no reason for George Floyd to have a knee on his neck for close to 9 minutes. The officer’s life was not in danger. That’s murder. There was no reason for Rayshard Brooks to be shot while running away from police officers with a useless taser in hand. The officer’s life was not in danger. That’s murder. There was no reason for the officer to shoot Jacob Blake point blank 7 TIMES even if he did possibly have a knife in his vehicle. That’s attempted murder.

These police officers needed to be trained better and it’s a shame that those men died regardless of the fact that they were breaking the law, which can be debated in George Floyd’s case.

I’m all for justice and abiding by the law and not resisting arrest, but the real issue here is that black people don’t get the benefit of the doubt like white people. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Black people are assumed guilty by the police, while white people generally are not assumed guilty. There are so many examples of this, including the latest in the 17yr old who murdered 2 people and was not even apprehended by the police when he was trying to give himself up.

The root of the BLM movement is based on this systematic racism that many people are obliviously to apparently.

I just strongly disagree with just about everything you just said. Most of what you just said is your OPINION....nothing else. Does injustice happen...yes of course. Will the world ever be fair....no. But all other ethnic groups get shit on too in the fairness game, so we need to deal with problems in a real honest manner and quit acting like police are out hunting african americans to indiscriminately shoot down in the road. All you empathic caring people worried about these shootings never seem to show up when officers get killed in the line of duty leaving behind wife and kids destroyed.

This is all a sad joke and shouldnt even be in the news. This thing is being run by anti american interests that are powerful trying to create a race war here in the US. All good people have to stand up to this and stop it. I will be the first to call for death penalty when an officer breaks the law and kills someone, but most of whats been going on is not at that level.

Reactions: FranktheDank
The law says that you can, it’s a right, just as it is someone’s right to bear arms, etc. You can just pick and choose which rights are important.

Show me that. I am not aware of it. Tell me how you will safely explain this to the police while they are arresting you.

Investigators have not confirmed that. The police union has claimed that. Only thing that has been confirmed is that there was a knife found in the car.

We still don't know how the altercation with the police and Blake started either. If only there was a way to record such an incident.
Maybe the altercation started because someone called the cops on him for trying to steal their car? Or perhaps it was because he had a warrant for felony sexual assault? But keep listening to Lebron and CNN, that agenda isn’t going to push itself

Reactions: nsp1996
Show me that. I am not aware of it. Tell me how you will safely explain this to the police while they are arresting you.

Here is the SC specific rule from a decently old case:

State v. Francis, 152 S.C. 17, ___, 149 S.E. 348, 355-356 (1929), this Court stated:

An unlawful arrest, or an attempt to make an unlawful arrest, stands upon the same footing as any other nonfelonious assault, or as a common assault and battery. The person who is so unlawfully arrested, or against whom such an unlawful attempt is directed, is not bound to yield, and may resist force with force, but he is not authorized to go beyond the line of force proportioned to the character of the assault, or he in turn becomes a wrongdoer. . . .

Maybe the altercation started because someone called the cops on him for trying to steal their car? Or perhaps it was because he had a warrant for felony sexual assault? But keep listening to Lebron and CNN, that agenda isn’t going to push itself
We also don't know if the police knew about his warrant situation. Witnesses say he was there to break up a fight. Police have started altercations in the past. Would it shock you if they did in this scenario?

But again we don't know because the police department rather you believe their word instead of investing into body cameras.

We also don't know if the police knew about his warrant situation. Witnesses say he was there to break up a fight. Police have started altercations in the past. Would it shock you if they did in this scenario?

But again we don't know because the police department rather you believe their word instead of investing into body cameras.
According to the report they knew about the warrant. It would not shock me if police started an altercation. I don’t believe that to be the case but even if they did it doesn’t change anything. Blake was an armed felon resisting arrest and was either in possession of or reaching for a weapon, depending on what you choose to believe. The shooting was completely justifiable as the cop had reason to believe his life was threatened.

Again because the non compliant, violent criminal either had a knife or was reaching for one. The cops did not shoot an innocent, unarmed black man. One day you’ll realize how ignorant you are being. Refusing to believe any bit of information that does not support your intended narrative.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
Here is the SC specific rule from a decently old case:

State v. Francis, 152 S.C. 17, ___, 149 S.E. 348, 355-356 (1929), this Court stated:

An unlawful arrest, or an attempt to make an unlawful arrest, stands upon the same footing as any other nonfelonious assault, or as a common assault and battery. The person who is so unlawfully arrested, or against whom such an unlawful attempt is directed, is not bound to yield, and may resist force with force, but he is not authorized to go beyond the line of force proportioned to the character of the assault, or he in turn becomes a wrongdoer. . . .

No arrest by law enforcement is unlawful. The person may end up being innocent of course, but the arrest cannot be lawfully resisted. Your point of contention would be taken up in court after the fact.

No arrest by law enforcement is unlawful. The person may end up being innocent of course, but the arrest cannot be lawfully resisted. Your point of contention would be taken up in court after the fact.

I suppose you can just ignore the law I posted, I actually expected that.

I suppose you can just ignore the law I posted, I actually expected that.

Please tell me how this supposed law works in the real world. Can every gangbanger resist arrest stating that he is innocent so it's ok?

ADVERTISEMENT