ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA to allow social justice statements on jerseys

Personally I really could care less if the players put something on the back of their jerseys. It’s not going to change the game. If that’s really enough to make you not watch Clemson than I think you might be a little too invested in politics

Reactions: JAMCRACKER99
N-I-L

Trevor Lawrence needs to put Amazon or Apple or Google or Pantene or Budweiser or Coca cola or Nike on the back of his jersey and get paid for his name image or likeness.

Walking billboards like golfers.

College sports are headed rapidly in the direction of professional sports and I don't like it.
For the first time ever, I can clearly see a day when I will no longer be an IPTAY donor.

Maybe those of us who feel that way could figure out a way to start a club level football program.

Can't wait to see all of the "black lives matter" patches across the country to support this very important movement...

Ya know, the same BLM people that were burning Bibles in front of a courthouse in Portland last night...smh

No, you're actually in the vast majority. See, most people don't care what other people say, they only want everyone to be able to say what they want.

But we are in a war of words. One side gets to go around saying whatever they want, while the other side can't say anything that might offend someone. And who gets to decide if it's offensive, that's right, the vocal minority.

If I say something like all lives matter, or whatever, the minority calls me racist, offensive, and tries to shut me down and ruin my life. But they have absolutely no concept of the fact that things they say or do are offensive to other people. When they offend someone, their reply is ZFG. But when they get offended, they give all the F's that they saved up during the Obama tenure, and unleash unholy hell on everyone.

Fvcking Karens.
I meant minority of this thread. Lots were saying they'd give up watching CFB. o_O:eek:

Reactions: Trading Tiger
Can't wait to see all of the "black lives matter" patches across the country to support this very important movement...

Ya know, the same BLM people that were burning Bibles in front of a courthouse in Portland last night...smh
Separate your church and state. Thanks.

I kid I kid. I'd like to keep this from the round table.

I meant minority of this thread. Lots were saying they'd give up watching CFB. o_O:eek:
Gotcha, I misunderstood.

When I said I would stop watching, that had nothing to do with the patches, but the NIL stuff. I don't like pro sports, I have no desire to watch a bunch of millionaires run around playing a game, who I have no connection with.

I do have a connection to the college athletes that chose to attend the same school I did.

This is from the AP two days ago ...

NCAA to allow players to support causes with uniform patches
By: Associated Press

The NCAA announced Thursday college athletes in all sports will be permitted to wear patches on their uniforms to support social justice issues.

The NCAA's playing rules oversight panel adjusted rules in some sports that do not allow patches to be worn. In some sports, patches on uniforms are not addressed in playing rules.

The NCAA says patches can be worn on either the front or back of the uniform to ''express support and voice their opinions.''

The patch on the front must not exceed 2\\ square inches and must be placed on the front or sleeve of the uniform. Not all team members are required to wear a patch, but team members must wear identical patches.

The NCAA says players will also be permitted to replace the name plates on the backs of uniforms with ''names/words intended to celebrate or memorialize people, events or other causes.''

The NBA is permitting its players to replace the names on the backs of the jerseys with phrases and words intended to support social and racial justice causes.
So the NCAA is good with the Confederate flag and swastikas being worn on uniforms.

If they display that "I am a Fascist ATIFA supporter", does that count as social justice, or just socially stupid?

I'm of 2 minds when it comes to this.

One side of me is against it, because the division it's going to cause is probably going to outweigh the positives.

The other side of me (which is currently winning my internal debate), is excited about the prospect of getting to laugh my ass off at all of the fragile snowflakes on this board having a total meltdown when they see a BLM patch on a Clemson uniform.

I imagine This will be very one sided about what will be allowed. An example is Black Lives Matter will be acceptable but All Lives Matter or something similar most likely will not. They have opened up a can of worms here.
Probably because All Lives Matter people don’t actually believe that, they just don’t want to give any attention or support towards the simple notion that black lives simply matter, not that they’re more important than other lives, just that they matter.

Probably because All Lives Matter people don’t actually believe that, they just don’t want to give any attention or support towards the simple notion that black lives simply matter, not that they’re more important than other lives, just that they matter.
Partner you know I truly believe all lives matter. That’s why I give you all of my baby batter to hold safely in your tummy. You’re still keeping it all safe for me right? Love you babe

This has been true my entire life. I've seen white people completely challenge and disrespect police in ways I've been taught by my parents never to do, not to mention I would get killed. I've seen white kids get DUIs, and break countless other laws and the police literally just call their parents while black kids in the exact same community, parents making the exact same money, get taken to jail. Yeah I've thought this for years. It's funny to see others feel this way when they've denied it existed for so long. I didn't like it being done to me and I don't like it now. I hope the NCAA doesn't do this but it's just rich watching people get upset when they wouldn't listen to your cries in the past. You can't make this stuff up. People only give a damn when it impacts them. Many don't give a damn about fellow citizens.
Dem white folks just get away with everything. BLM

This is from the AP two days ago ...

NCAA to allow players to support causes with uniform patches
By: Associated Press

The NCAA announced Thursday college athletes in all sports will be permitted to wear patches on their uniforms to support social justice issues.

The NCAA's playing rules oversight panel adjusted rules in some sports that do not allow patches to be worn. In some sports, patches on uniforms are not addressed in playing rules.

The NCAA says patches can be worn on either the front or back of the uniform to ''express support and voice their opinions.''

The patch on the front must not exceed 2\\ square inches and must be placed on the front or sleeve of the uniform. Not all team members are required to wear a patch, but team members must wear identical patches.

The NCAA says players will also be permitted to replace the name plates on the backs of uniforms with ''names/words intended to celebrate or memorialize people, events or other causes.''

The NBA is permitting its players to replace the names on the backs of the jerseys with phrases and words intended to support social and racial justice causes.
The only way this doesn’t become a total FUBAR situation is for team leadership to meet with coaches to select and invest in a single message that the whole team can/will embrace.

Reactions: jwlcpa and 24TIGER
For fu@@ sake man. Who qualifies the cause? Can a player show support for our president of the USA and put a Trump 2020 patch? While another players wears a Black Panther patch

This is not going to end well

This has been true my entire life. I've seen white people completely challenge and disrespect police in ways I've been taught by my parents never to do, not to mention I would get killed. I've seen white kids get DUIs, and break countless other laws and the police literally just call their parents while black kids in the exact same community, parents making the exact same money, get taken to jail. Yeah I've thought this for years. It's funny to see others feel this way when they've denied it existed for so long. I didn't like it being done to me and I don't like it now. I hope the NCAA doesn't do this but it's just rich watching people get upset when they wouldn't listen to your cries in the past. You can't make this stuff up. People only give a damn when it impacts them. Many don't give a damn about fellow citizens.

This might be the most racist bs i have ever seen on TI. Congrats ahole

The point is I don't have a problem with companies, people, groups, whatever making political statements. Maybe it's because I fall dead center on the political spectrum.

hhaahahahahaha. I laugh at this as utter bullshit. Anyone claiming to be “dead center” would never be ok with politics playing such an intrusion into our/their daily lives, regardless of whether it fit your own narrative. Go take a freakin lap.

Reactions: Extender
Personally I really could care less if the players put something on the back of their jerseys. It’s not going to change the game. If that’s really enough to make you not watch Clemson than I think you might be a little too invested in politics

You are missing the point. Multiple points actually.

Reactions: Goclem2011
The point is I don't have a problem with companies, people, groups, whatever making political statements. Maybe it's because I fall dead center on the political spectrum.

The last thing I’ll say about this post is that about every way you can look at being “dead center” would say that they generally hold out making distinctions until they are pushed into making a claim. That is absolutely what I was saying about a chick fila. Dead center people typically keep their opinions to themselves, until pushed.

The NCAA is obviously staffed with politicians, not teachers of men. I have no words to describe how much I despise the NCAA. It’s time for Southern College football to drop the NCAA, and reboot under a newly managed organization.

Just like with dropping social media during the season to focus on team, this also is a distraction that draws attention to something else. Therefore, Dabo will be opposed to it.

If that holds true, becomes the story, and distracts from the game, Clemson University and this team. I am O-U-T. And I will go out loudly.

Last edited:
Gotcha, I misunderstood.

When I said I would stop watching, that had nothing to do with the patches, but the NIL stuff. I don't like pro sports, I have no desire to watch a bunch of millionaires run around playing a game, who I have no connection with.

I do have a connection to the college athletes that chose to attend the same school I did.

This is where I’m at too. I don’t like pro sports and college football keeps moving closer and closer to pro sports

Good grief.

My problem with this is where will this end and who will get to chose which patch is allowed. Also will this have a problem if someone wants to wear an “all lives matter” patch? I could see this turning bad. I see football as an equalizer for all races being a family and they have enough to worry about with practice, school, and covid that this is just another distraction. You better bet that BLM will pay someone like ETN or TL to wear their patch which opens up a new can of worms.

it will politicize officiating too

when a player gets called for a penalty

i can just see him in the press after the game

it was my patch- the ref called that penalty on me because of the patch on my jersey

ADVERTISEMENT