ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA to allow social justice statements on jerseys

I dont think it's good for football. However if it makes fragile people upset, then maybe we should allow it to toughen them up.

This has been true my entire life. I've seen white people completely challenge and disrespect police in ways I've been taught by my parents never to do, not to mention I would get killed. I've seen white kids get DUIs, and break countless other laws and the police literally just call their parents while black kids in the exact same community, parents making the exact same money, get taken to jail. Yeah I've thought this for years. It's funny to see others feel this way when they've denied it existed for so long. I didn't like it being done to me and I don't like it now. I hope the NCAA doesn't do this but it's just rich watching people get upset when they wouldn't listen to your cries in the past. You can't make this stuff up. People only give a damn when it impacts them. Many don't give a damn about fellow citizens.
Life. Is. Not. Fair. Get over it. It sucks for those black kids that broke the law that they didn’t get a free pass but they are solely responsible for their situation because of their own poor choices. They are not victims no matter how bad you want them to be.

Life. Is. Not. Fair. Get over it. It sucks for those black kids that broke the law that they didn’t get a free pass but they are solely responsible for their situation because of their own poor choices. They are not victims no matter how bad you want them to be.
Man talk about missing the point and being a condescending ignoramos all in one. Congratulations

this just makes no sense

if you have ever coached a team that actually won a trophy

you know this is a stupid stupid decision
I actually coached a u-12 girls rec soccer team one season. We lost every game but they did get trophy's at the end of the season. They also didn’t have any politics phrases on their jerseys though.

I actually coached a u-12 girls rec soccer team one season. We lost every game but they did get trophy's at the end of the season. They also didn’t have any politics phrases on their jerseys though.

ive coached teams that have been 24-0

to teams that were 0-24

the focus needed to be 24-0 will make it nearly impossible for coaches if politics have time during training practice or games

Man talk about missing the point and being a condescending ignoramos all in one. Congratulations
This is the exact type of response that someone replies with when they can’t formulate a legitimate comeback.

This is the exact type of response that someone replies with when they can’t formulate a legitimate comeback.
It's the type of response for someone who recognizes that explaining to you how the world actually works would be a colossal waste of my time since you have already made up your mind that you don't want to understand it

hhaahahahahaha. I laugh at this as utter bullshit. Anyone claiming to be “dead center” would never be ok with politics playing such an intrusion into our/their daily lives, regardless of whether it fit your own narrative. Go take a freakin lap.
So let’s take gay marriage. I think it should be legal; I don’t care what you do in your bedroom. I’m not going to pick where I live based on whether it is or isn’t legal. It’s legal in enough states now that I don’t really care that it isn’t legal where I live.

Politics still wouldn’t play an intrusive role in my daily. A player with a patch or being at a protest is his own business. I’m not outraged by people of a differing opinion. It may change how the game is played a little or divide our a locker room or something. For the most part though, I think they’ll just keep playing football. I judge people for people and not their political beliefs.

It's the type of response for someone who recognizes that explaining to you how the world actually works would be a colossal waste of my time since you have already made up your mind that you don't want to understand it
That’s probably a good thing because I don’t want to hear about your bullshit feelings and emotions.

Most got the point I was trying to make. His response showed he completely missed it. You can't have a tough conversation with everybody. They just get scared and defensive instead of thoughtful exchange.

Reactions: johnhugh
Lololololololol how much Fox News do you watch? And what is your blood pressure during your daily viewing? Have you ever had a stroke while watching the news? Get a grip
I don’t watch any news actually. And you’re assuming I’m conservative and watch Fox News based on what? Because I believe in personal accountability and don’t see the value in whining and complaining about people not getting free passes when they break the law?

I don’t watch any news actually. And you’re assuming I’m conservative and watch Fox News based on what? Because I believe in personal accountability and don’t see the value in whining and complaining about people not getting free passes when they break the law?
Breonna Taylor was asleep in her own residence. Ahmaud Arbury was jogging. George Floyd had simply been accused of using a fake $20.

That doesn’t make sense that it would since there plenty of African American Christians. I honestly don’t care enough to make deep dive to check you.
Yes, there are plenty of Black Christians in this country...not saying that at all. But they support the BLM movement bc they think it's about them & it's the cool thing to do...same reasons a lot of whites do it as well...although, let's face it, many whites support it to avoid being slapped with the racist label...
But when you go to their website, you'll find that the founders have very Marxist beliefs. They reject the nuclear family, are apparently huge supporters of homosexuality & trans-sexuality, & there's just a lot of anti-Christian sentiment there.
But like I said, people (particularly blacks) just think it's this cool movement all about them...seeing all these athletes kneel & whatever else they do although almost nobody can tell me really what the ultimate goal of this movement. So they buy the t-shirts & send money to BLM not having a clue what they are contributing to ..yes, even black Christians & even black churches as a whole are making donations...
Meanwhile, the movement they are donating to are burning Bibles in major cities around the country...it was one of the top trends on Twitter all day yesterday.

Breonna Taylor was asleep in her own residence. Ahmaud Arbury was jogging. George Floyd had simply been accused of using a fake $20.
None of those people deserved to die and all of their lives mattered

Most got the point I was trying to make. His response showed he completely missed it. You can't have a tough conversation with everybody. They just get scared and defensive instead of thoughtful exchange.
Look man I’m not a mind reader. Maybe your post contained some hidden coded message that I missed. But the words you typed were whining and crying about your experience of seeing more white people get off with a slap on the wrist than black people who committed the same crime.

I was just trying to remind you that life is not fair and it never will be. If the black kids in your example didn’t want to be prosecuted for the crime, they shouldn’t have committed it in the first place. Being prosecuted for a crime you commit does not make you a victim. And for the white people who weren’t prosecuted, karma will catch up with them down the road. Their luck will run out eventually and they’ll get prosecuted one day. Or maybe it won’t, because life is not fair.

Yes, there are plenty of Black Christians in this country...not saying that at all. But they support the BLM movement bc they think it's about them & it's the cool thing to do...same reasons a lot of whites do it as well...although, let's face it, many whites support it to avoid being slapped with the racist label...
But when you go to their website, you'll find that the founders have very Marxist beliefs. They reject the nuclear family, are apparently huge supporters of homosexuality & trans-sexuality, & there's just a lot of anti-Christian sentiment there.
But like I said, people (particularly blacks) just think it's this cool movement all about them...seeing all these athletes kneel & whatever else they do although almost nobody can tell me really what the ultimate goal of this movement. So they buy the t-shirts & send money to BLM not having a clue what they are contributing to ..yes, even black Christians & even black churches as a whole are making donations...
Meanwhile, the movement they are donating to are burning Bibles in major cities around the country...it was one of the top trends on Twitter all day yesterday.

I don't know anyone that supports the organization. The people have taken over the movement. I know people who identify as Republican that support the movement. I don't know anyone that has donated a dime to BLM. Understanding that there are different realities out there is necessary to move forward. There are problems in our country that are fixable and are basic things that I for one deserve. It's not anything extra. It's things that I've earned being a law abiding citizen. Nothing more. I don't fight for criminals. But I'm a perceived criminal in the eyes of many so how perceived criminals are treated has to be important to me.

Plus this country protects perceived criminals as innocent until proven guilty. I wouldn't be here if this stuff wasn't true. I live a good life. It just really impacts the quality of life when I do everything I'm told and still get treated like a criminal. And when you have kids and you have to try to explain to them that being a great citizen isn't enough. We figure it out. Don't get me wrong. But it sucks. And if I can have a chance to fix it I'll do my best to help. And I'd like for as many of you to help as possible. In spirit, in your words, in your actions. Even without ever donating a dime to this organization.

Reactions: purenonsense
Look man I’m not a mind reader. Maybe your post contained some hidden coded message that I missed. But the words you typed were whining and crying about your experience of seeing more white people get off with a slap on the wrist than black people who committed the same crime.

I was just trying to remind you that life is not fair and it never will be. If the black kids in your example didn’t want to be prosecuted for the crime, they shouldn’t have committed it in the first place. Being prosecuted for a crime you commit does not make you a victim. And for the white people who weren’t prosecuted, karma will catch up with them down the road. Their luck will run out eventually and they’ll get prosecuted one day. Or maybe it won’t, because life is not fair.

Either you're not very smart or you missed the point because you don't want the point.

The post I responded to mentioned people getting favorable treatment because of race. I responded with one example of favorable treatment I've seen explaining that this is nothing new and that it happens. The feelings that white folks are having being targeted is something we've felt all along. I clearly said I didn't like what you were feeling and I didn't like that I was feeling it. The crimes those kids committed white or black had zero to do with the point. The point was that favorable treatment occurred in both directions. You completely missed that. So anything you said after that was irrelevant. So after that nothing you said mattered.

Your whining and crying statement is stupid also. Someone sharing their experiences shouldn't be seen as whining or crying especially if you're interested in moving forward or helping any situation.

I don't know anyone that supports the organization. The people have taken over the movement. I know people who identify as Republican that support the movement. I don't know anyone that has donated a dime to BLM. Understanding that there are different realities out there is necessary to move forward. There are problems in our country that are fixable and are basic things that I for one deserve. It's not anything extra. It's things that I've earned being a law abiding citizen. Nothing more. I don't fight for criminals. But I'm a perceived criminal in the eyes of many so how perceived criminals are treated has to be important to me.

Plus this country protects perceived criminals as innocent until proven guilty. I wouldn't be here if this stuff wasn't true. I live a good life. It just really impacts the quality of life when I do everything I'm told and still get treated like a criminal. And when you have kids and you have to try to explain to them that being a great citizen isn't enough. We figure it out. Don't get me wrong. But it sucks. And if I can have a chance to fix it I'll do my best to help. And I'd like for as many of you to help as possible. In spirit, in your words, in your actions. Even without ever donating a dime to this organization.
Dude, literally every organization, business, company, etc are making donations to BLM in the name of political correctness...every time BLM is mentioned, you're supporting the group, keeping it alive & well, whether you're meaning to or not...
And you say you're treated like a criminal...apparently all the time...how? By who? Do you hang out with cops all day? Could it possibly be all in your head?

So what you’re saying is black people should just accept the fact that white people get preferential treatment from the justice system? Because that what it sounds like. You don’t want to attempt to solve the problem because it doesn’t directly affect you.

Dude, literally every organization, business, company, etc are making donations to BLM in the name of political correctness...every time BLM is mentioned, you're supporting the group, keeping it alive & well, whether you're meaning to or not...
And you say you're treated like a criminal...apparently all the time...how? By who? Do you hang out with cops all day? Could it possibly be all in your head?
Do you get chronic ear infections from having your head in the ground all the time? Or do you get severe infections from having it up your ass?

Reactions: purenonsense
So what you’re saying is black people should just accept the fact that white people get preferential treatment from the justice system? Because that what it sounds like. You don’t want to attempt to solve the problem because it doesn’t directly affect you.
No you racist little twerp. I’m saying that PEOPLE should accept that PEOPLE get preferential treatment from the justice system.

Yeah organizations are in fact making blind donations to it. I think that part has slowed down amid all the info about their beliefs being made more public. That's why I said the people part of it is what interests me. Organizations are doing it for show. I believe a lot of people want change and they are focusing on their own worlds and their own behaviors and challenging the systems and people around them to be better.

No I'm not treated that way all the time. But far too often. I don't hang out in places where one should assume negative and I still get it. I still literally get followed in stores and I get pulled over far too often for silly reasons. The way I'm talked to by law enforcement is unnecessary even when I remain respectful. As I said earlier, I figure it out but I'm all for a movement that changes that. And it's funny that you suggest it might be in my head. Should I suggest in my head that all the targeting that white folks are feeling right now are all in their head? I know it's not in their heads because I've been there and I know exactly how they are feeling. Like people are treating you like you're a racist too because they've identified some that look like you. You haven't necessarily treated black folks bad but you all of a sudden have to prove you're not like that instead of just living your life as you've always done. That's exactly how I've lived. I have had to account for the crimes and perceptions of others even tho I've done none of that. But yeah it's all in my head. There are a bunch of horrible people out there even if you're not one of them.

No you racist little twerp. I’m saying that PEOPLE should accept that PEOPLE get preferential treatment from the justice system.

Wow. You just actually made a more incredibly dangerous argument. We as a people shouldn't accept that. We should always be working towards eliminating that totally. It may exist in some form in spite of our efforts but our efforts should never cease. Can't believe you actually typed that.

At the end of the day I'm just offering a perspective from a person that's done what I'm supposed to do. Sometimes people may find some of these claims hard to believe but maybe hearing it from someone a little more credible helps. If you don't see me as credible I'm ok with that too. Those that do can take from it what they will. Some are actually interested in hearing from perspectives they don't agree with or have never had the pleasure of experiencing. Doesn't mean they're going to change their mind but they don't insult or before people. Some don't give a damn unless it impacts them directly. I'm here for only a certain type of people and I'd be okay if people like you never engaged. Especially if your intentions were never a fruitful exchange.

Fvcking liberals ruin everything they touch and now they are ruining sports.
Revenue sports are toxic masculinity at the most fundamental level. Pro sports (NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL, PGA), college football and basketball are anathema to the push for gender neutrality / non-binary ambitions. Even the most biased advocate for qualifying the interested can see that forcing quotas for the sake of "equality" within these sports would be an abject failure. Dissent must come from within.

I'm certain there is no greater ambition on the part of progressives than to destroy these sports--or at least reduce their perceived worth in the psyche of the American conscience.

This has been true my entire life. I've seen white people completely challenge and disrespect police in ways I've been taught by my parents never to do, not to mention I would get killed. I've seen white kids get DUIs, and break countless other laws and the police literally just call their parents while black kids in the exact same community, parents making the exact same money, get taken to jail. Yeah I've thought this for years. It's funny to see others feel this way when they've denied it existed for so long. I didn't like it being done to me and I don't like it now. I hope the NCAA doesn't do this but it's just rich watching people get upset when they wouldn't listen to your cries in the past. You can't make this stuff up. People only give a damn when it impacts them. Many don't give a damn about fellow citizens.

Add some cheese.

Some people get preferential treatment from the justice system, some don’t. The End. You may need to read it several more times but you’ll get it eventually, I believe in you buddy.
That is a good opening sentence to the introductory paragraph of the book. There is a helluva lot more to say before you get to The End. You will need to do a lot more reading , research, and study to write the remainder, but i dont know that you will eventually get it unless you educate yourself further. I would like to say i believe in you buddy, but there can be no such belief until you take measures to improve your understanding. Good luck.

That doesn’t make sense that it would since there plenty of African American Christians. I honestly don’t care enough to make deep dive to check you.

it would be interesting to see how many christians are within the main faction of the movement

its mostly a muslim thing if im not mistaken with some christians helping

i have read where they want to overthrow the "christian stronghold" on society

ADVERTISEMENT